Le Chateau Employee Reviews

Love this position!
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC20 May 2017
The product manager position is amongst the most interesting jobs you can have in a store. I get the chance to use my experience and creativity to solve problems and make the store an attractive and enjoyable environment. Plus the 8 to 5, Monday to Friday schedule is a bliss to keep a social life, and I even have time to take University classes! The manager is also a big plus for this job, she is dedicated and gives a great example to the other employees. On the other hand, the salary is quite miserable comparing to similar positions in other retail stores, and the job can be stressful since you are constantly juged according to company standards.
Pros
Good work schedules, awesome manager, stimulates creativity
Cons
Poor salary, stress-inducing evaluations
Typical retail job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
When work slowed hours would get cut whether there was still work to be done or not. Was hard to try to advance and expand to a new position.
Good discount on the clothes and shoes.
poisitve work environment with great managment
Brand Stylist, Part time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2017
Very positive and an encouraging environment, able to learn how to properly follow through transactions, leaned about newest fashion trends. An amazing management with flexible schedules and great company to grow. Able to personally enjoy latest fashion trends first hand.
Pros
clothing
Cons
short hours
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 May 2017
I was very happy at the company , however, my manager took my job because he wanted to re-locate. I was paid a compensation package and was tossed out the door.
Pros
good pay
Cons
It was a nice place to work and it was a great way to learn about customer service for beginners!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
I liked the welcoming environment of the store, and enjoyed my time of being there. For someone with no previous job experience, it was easy to learn about the retail industry and would recommend working there for anyone who wants to gain experience!
Fun place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
Great Atmosphere. I loved to help people on how to dress. How to mix and match clothing according to their own personal, unique and picky fashion. I loved it at Le Chateau.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Sometimes empty.
awesome place to work
Key holder /Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 April 2017
It was a blast working at le chateau met so many awesome people, learned a lot about management and inventory and how much better your job can be when everyone works toward the same goals.
learn and work friendly
Customer Service Specialist, Cashier (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC5 April 2017
i learn to work many hours standing, i was assigning to arrange some items and maintain clean and safe my area. my former manager was likes to train associates. When i had difficult to solve some problems i was happy to refer to a colleague or manager.
Great company to work for
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
I have learned how work efficiently, and under pressure.
I have learned how to work independently, as well as take leadership in tasks.
I have learned to do online orders.
Send professional emails.
I have learned how to receive and ship stock.

I enjoy that the environment is safe, the people are nice within this company and my management is very understanding. They work well as a team, and assist me when it is needed. I enjoy the culture of the company and all it offers.
Pros
understanding
Cons
hours
Productive and fun work place and friendly co-workers
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 February 2017
Always do the unloading of the delivery of the stocks.

Hang and fold of the clothes

Organize and maintain the cleanliness and arrangement of the items inside the backrooom.

Assist all the staff for all their needs in the store.
Pros
N/a
Cons
overtime sometimes
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
Great people to work with great staff they show that they really care. Loved my years there getting to know some of the most amazing people
No way
Key Holder, Shoe Specialist, (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2017
- hard work and no positive feed back
- nothing, because management is not qualified to train and does not train
- Management was nice in the beginning but turned blind eyes to harassment
- they are rude, Clique
- Not positive feedback, no pay off, worked like slaves and so much turn over just about there bottom line and no concern for well being of workers in any regard.
Pros
Nothing to Pro
Cons
Everything to Con
Fun workplace but can be stressful
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK31 January 2017
When I worked there, it had awful management. They were consistently down our necks. Even as a top seller, they treated their employees awfully. Everyone I worked with quit because of how bad it got. Had an awful commission as well.
Pros
the people
Cons
managment
Nice environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 December 2016
pleasant
team work
good
sociable, funny, kind
please everyone
seeing customers' satisfaction
I enjoyed working there
Pros
commission
Cons
heavy stuff sometimes
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC29 August 2016
fun working environment but it can be very slow at times. the management isn't very polite and flexible when it comes to requesting days off or anything. overall, not a bad place to work.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Very slow and boring
decent
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 August 2016
it was an okay place to work. Management was just a little disorganized. Good people though. very comfortable place to work.making target was sometimes difficult when the season was slow
review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Pacific Centre, Vancouver11 July 2016
greeting customers, helping them select items they are interested in, answering questions about the garments, collections, fabrics, etc.
That men & women shop for different reasons, (typically) men when they need something, women for all sorts of reasons>
co-workers were kind, however, due to it being a commission-based sales environment, it got a bit competitive..
I t was difficult to predict how many people would come through the door that were going to buy something, and if they would keep it or not>
it was enjoyable when a new collection would come in, when we had sales, so more customers would come in
Pros
close-knit environment, enjoyable, nice atmosphere
Cons
hours could be cut, resulting in low pay cheque
fun retail experience
CASHIER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 July 2016
working at Le Chateau as a brand stylist was a wonderful experience, I enjoyed helping customers find the perfect outfits for parties and weddings.
Horrible place to work
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL15 June 2016
Honestly, stay away. The management is horrible at this business. Hated every minute of working there. Other employees there steal your commission sales every chance they get. The discount is okay because you get fifty percent off the clothing, but some of the clothing is awful; falls apart after one wash cycle.
Where loves of fashion worked.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 May 2016
There was a lots of people who had a love of shopping and fashion who worked there. There was a lot of work to do as they had no inventory control clerk for awhile.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Chateau. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval