Le Chateau

Le Chateau Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Glad it is over
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Commissions
Cons: Long hours, not enough breaks, and management
I worked here while I was going to school.
A typical work day would start pleasant with my fellow employees, then by the end I would be miserable.
I was the head cashier, so I was mostly responsible – more... for ringing through the sales. I was also in charge of the accessories.
On top of the salary, the sales employees got a commission for their sales. That is were it got really competitive and the employees could turn angry quickly.
What was really frustrating was that it was a store stuffed with too much clothing. If we had to get clothing out of the back, that was a nightmare, and dangerous to our safety. It would take another person to pry open the tracks and hold it open with their bodies, so that I could get something for a customer. And if it was on the top row, you had to climb up to get it. There were no ladders, and a clothes hook was impossible to come by. I had ripped so much of my clothing from that. I had talked to management about it several times but nothing was really done.
Once the store was closed, we would have to stay for hours after cleaning, and re-organizing the store. I had to stop several times out of sheer exhaustion and I got yelled at for it. An eight hour work day would end up being 10-11 hours with no other breaks.
The only thing that made me happy was working in the men's department the few times I had to cover while another employee was on break.
I would not recommend this place to work at to anyone. I don't even shop there anymore. – less
Sales Associate and Key Holder
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Pros: Got a raised
Cons: Management
Go to work
Clock in
Read binder of tasks to be completed in between customers
Customer Service
Up selling products aim for goal
Close store
General store clean up
Home

Promoted from Sales Associate to key Holder
Great company to work for
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee), London, OntarioMay 18, 2015
I joined Le Chateau as an in store Merchandiser. Within a couple years I was promoted to District Visual Merchandiser. This company offers growth with an incentive of a 50% off discount on all of their merchandise. Was an excellent starting off point for my career.
quiet, laid back
Product Manager (Current Employee), OttawaMay 15, 2015
it's nice. gets boring standing around. But it's good money on the side. Mostly do back stock, waiting for customers to come in. depends on which location.
Great Work Place
Style Specialist (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMay 12, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, Great environment, Fast pace
Cons: Too many people on non busy days, could change on how the training goes
My experience at Le Chateau was amazing. I applied and the next day I received a phone call for an interview. I was hired two hours after my interview. I was only a part time so the hours weren't amazing. – more... If you can go apply.

A typical day would be helping whoever opened the store, clean, assist customers, breaks, more cleaning, counting tills, organizing jewellery.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers look for outfits that they loved and showing them different ways on how they can wear the outfit/accessorize it. – less
a Chateau day
key holder (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONApril 17, 2015
Pros: lovely environment
Loved going to work, dressing up in the newest fashion and looking great was apart of my job. Of course best part was helping customers shop so technically I became a personal shopper. It was fun dressing up people or an occasion. My co-workers became family and still in touch with them. Management was amazing, during holiday hours it got a bit hectic but it was doable.
Low key environment
Assistant/Product Manager (Current Employee), Brandon, MBApril 13, 2015
I worked at a location in a small town so the expectations weren't as high. More often than not, it seems that head office forgets about this store. The company has good control over their stores and there is good communication with supervisors and other superiors. However, training and management could be better. Overall relaxed environment.
dgfbgsfhhf
Store Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 13, 2015
• Offered finance, lease and different insurances options to secure credit.
• Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions; and developing reporting procedures.
• Creates and – more... revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
• Develops administrative staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
• Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling – less
Productive and fun work place
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton,ABApril 2, 2015
Le Chateau is a very productive and fun workplace to work in, I learned a lot about customer service and sales at this store. My co-workers are very friendly here. As, a product specialist, I interact with customers on day to day basis.
Great work environment with an amazing staff
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 15, 2015
Pros: discounts, good quality clothing, good team
Cons: not enough hours, underpaid.
I believe this is a great job for a part-time employee with a very flexible schedule and a great group of people who are willing to help you make more sales and achieve your goals. Although, if you are – more... looking for a full-time job, with benefits or to progress and move your way up through a company, I'm not too certain that this would be the correct place. It is very hard to move up in this company, unfortunately, and they are known for being over-staffed (therefore making a full 40 hours almost impossible to attain.) Otherwise, a great company to work for, with amazing quality stuff! – less
flexible shifts
Floor Sales Associate (Co-op) (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 12, 2015
outbound calls and asking to donate as a charity.Ability to handle difficult calls.Breast cancer foundation helping to raise fund.
fun workplace where one gets to feels the pressure to take initiative and motivates themselves to make sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 2, 2015
Pros: earning commission when sales were high enough
Cons: having to be on your feet all day
A typical day at work involved greeting customers, helping them find styles and items best suited to their body type, bringing them sizes and styles and also putting unpurchased clothes back to the their – more... place in the store. At the end of the night we clean up, which includes putting all items back in their rightful places and organizing items according to size on their racks - sizing the store. I learned how to take initiative and how to communicate with people and approach customers in a friendly and helpful but not pushy manner. Management was well organized. We had a friendly store manager who pushed us to take initiative, come to work looking very presentable and to do our best to meet our sales goals. Most of my co-workers were friendly and cooperative people who I could chat with during slow times The hardest part of the job was trying to meet sales goals during slow days or slow times of the year - it is necessary to find the fine balance between promoting products without being too pushy with customers which only leads to their frustration. The most enjoyable part of the job was when I would vastly exceed my sales goal on good days. It made me feel good and motivated. – less
productive and a great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Guelph,February 2, 2015
Great co-workers. Great place to learn a lot about sales.A typical day at work involves provides the best customer service and meeting sales goals.
Reluctant to change
Store Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: freedom of fashion.
Cons: work-life balance, wage
Everyday is the same challenge. Balancing tasks vs proper customer service can be tough, but when it comes to fashion, money can't buy style. You really don't have to spend lots to look amazing. It's nice – more... knowing that your supervisor will be there when you need it the most, especially when your team is always changing. Which also makes consistency difficult to achieve. At the end of the day, nothing makes you feel better knowing you've steered a client or in the right direction. Being an ambassador of your own style and service type, nothing can beat that. – less
Interactive hands on environment
Merchandiser Assistant (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONJanuary 19, 2015
- Achieved company standards through visual displays
- Communicated with management and staff for feedback on product movement and sell through

- Forecasted the weeks’ business and applied visual movements – more... in order to capitalize on the business at hand

- Management worked hard to ensure everyone on the team was up to date with current numbers and goals

- Creative ability when displaying new merchandise – less
Fun company to work with and room to grow
Part time Style Specialist/ Cashier (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: great employee benefits
Cons: low hours
I learned a lot to be part of the management team. I had amazing co workers and enjoyed my time there!
Vibrant and fashion forward.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: 50% discount, incentives
Cons: constant changing schedules
I really enjoyed working here. Always in touch with latest and upcoming fashion trends.It was great for early work experiences.
Good job with great people. Really good products: fashion, shoes, and accessories.
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 21, 2014
Pros: i get to work with good people, and i'm surrounded with clothing. i also get a really good discount.
Cons: it's not a 9-5 job. it's shift work.
I clock in and start my day. There are always clothes to put away, organize, and reprice. Some days we accept new merchandise and open the boxes and place the clothes on racks to put out on the floor. – more... Shoes get put away. The prices on the tag are checked to make sure they are correct. I stay near the fitting room where it's closer to the shoes and washrooms. After some time, I might put the clothes that weren't purchased back where they were hanging on the floor. Depending on how long my shift is, I either get an hour lunch break, or only a 15 minute break. When my shift is over, I clock out. – less
Great job for merchandising. Terrible mgmt
Visual Merchandiser / Product Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 26, 2014
Loved the visual, poor management, head office expects things that can be done when they have no idea whats actually happening in the store.
great place to work!
Key holder- supervisor (Current Employee), saint john,nbJune 27, 2014
Love working here! I love the staff, the clients & the fashion!

1 2 3