Le Chateau

Le Chateau Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Generally good company to work for
Visual Display Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 7, 2014
Pros: health benefits, clothing discount.
Cons: lots of unpaid overtime, unfair favouritism.
Mostly delightful working environment but very inappropriate inner company relations that made for unfair favouritism.
Positive Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 13, 2014
While working at Le Chateau I have made many friends. I like that the work place was always friendly and positive.
Fun and very interactive
Style Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 6, 2014
Pros: amazing benefits. excellent hours if working full time
Cons: you want to buy everything there
Very good job as far as customer service goes.
Staff all very fun and open.
Very good pay especially if you are sales driven.
Enjoyable
Men's Specialist (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: hours go to management mostly. its more a part time job.
This place was a fun place to work for the time being, enjoyed the people. The over all job was standard retail clothing store structure. The commission was good as well.
So-so experience
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, 50 % employee discount
Cons: not enough hours given to the store - resulting in a few available hours for sales associates, discount only applies to clothes for you.
Le Chateau - based on my experience as a sales associate and key holder rarely takes care of its employees. They ask a lot from their employees which would be acceptable if they took care of them. This goes for the company itself and not the various store managements. I've had different managers over the past 2 years as an employee of Le Chateau. As – more... stated above, they ask too much out of their managers and sales team and rarely give back.

Store management differs from manager to manager and this greatly changes the work experience. – less
Fast paced, fashion forward, sales focused, structured enviroment
Asst Store Manager Ladies wear & Mens Dept Manager (Former Employee), brampton,ontarioJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: great discount
Cons: downsizing, don't encourage growth oppotunites
This was a very structures chain of command, my day consisted of reviewing sales targets, updating staff on in store promotions,, focus items, Organising breaks and floor positioning to run a smooth business day for sales. I managed the menswear department so keeping the store stock levels up and presentable, making my departments goal, inventory, loss – more... prevention,employee checks,remerchandising, Learning new styles trends and fulfilling consumer needs while providing exceptional customer service – less
sales associate
Customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: less hours
I love my work because my employer was really good and my coworkers was very friendly. i learn how to deal with customers and time management.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate - Part time (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 26, 2013
Pros: nice coworker
Cons: non
• Demonstrate successful leadership ability.
• Possess a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
• Assist with the selection, development, and retention of a knowledgeable and engaged sales team
Merchandising: a fun and a hard job
Product Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: not enough money
I started as a simple sales floor who was just selling clothes to costumers. By the time was going ahead, i became a key holder who had more responsability, so i was join the management team.
I was the only one who had skills in that store and the only one who could do and handle more than what my responsabilities was, i was always going over, and trying – more... to teach myself how to grow.
So i became a Product Manager who merchandised the whole store by herself,i didn't have much help from my team so i always felt upset and not helped! I love merchandising because it brings me on what i studied for, which was art,any kind,but at the same time was a really and stressfull job because i had to be on time on doing my updates, so it made me understand how far i can go!Because of that people there were more than upset when i left!! – less
No comment
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: very long hrs
game plan ( based on the task,budget and goals,break schedule )
the most enjoyable was working with my team.
Good job
Head Cashier (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 2, 2013
I was the head cashier, I couldn't do much besides folding clothes and dealing with customers. I did enjoy the job but I got very bored fast. I couldn't get any commission because I wasn't a fashion associate therefore my pays weren't as big as all the other girls. My co-workers were nice and management was okay.
Sales Associate Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 26, 2013
Pros: convientent
Cons: poor management
Part time, sales assocate retail-Full time student
Customer Service
Try your best to attain the goals set for you.
Reveiw on Le Chateau
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 14, 2013
Pros: 50% off everything in the store
Cons: management
- A typical day at work was usually helping customers you help find what they wanted

- I learned how to communicate much better while working there

- Management was okay but I felt like the manager favoured certain workers

- My co-workers were nice everyone got along

- I don't think there was anything hard about this job

- The most enjoyable part – more... of this job was knowing that I had satisfied my customers. – less
Good opportunities
Manager (Former Employee), Stratford, ONAugust 4, 2013
Great team of girls.
Fun environment / fashion
Product quality has gone down.
an enjoyable work enviroement
Assistant Manager and Visual Merchandiser (Current Employee), Brampton, OntJune 21, 2013
If there were more room for advancement I would not want to leave. Its a good, fun job.
Fun workplace.
Part time key holder (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2013
Pros: gaining a lot of knowledge
Cons: the salary is not so good.
It's a fun workplace and the first job I got in Canada. I believe it's a good first job because I deal with a lot of different customers. I get to work with clothes and that's really good since I love fashion. My boss is always happy and I always look forward going to work.
It was a fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 30, 2013
I was the general manager and every task is my responsibility to make sure its done in time line. I have learn a lot skills from this company in terms of visual and merchandising
Great company to broaden fashion possibilities
Key Holder (Current Employee), Milton, ONMay 13, 2013
Pros: great employee disccount
Cons: no possibility in raises, ect
This job is perfect for students or individuals who are aiming towards working in a business environment. You are given the opportunity to understand different types of business pieces and how to maintain a decent image
fun work place
Style Specialist (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 5, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: not enough hours
I learned a lot of useful skills such as communicating with customers how to stay calm and explain certain procedures that we can and cannot do when it comes to discounts. I love working with others they become a persons second family.The hardest part of the job is working in a very big place with no security.
very productive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2012
Pros: employee discount
Cons: long hours
it was a wonderful environment, start the day by cleaning the store. and making sue everything is in place so that when the customers come in, they are able to find what they need.
the management was good, the co-workers some were great and some were not. the hardest part as refolding the goods every time it is scattered by a client. and the most enjoyable – more... part was having to style clients. – less