Le Chateau Employee Reviews

Good retail experience with lots of fashion knowledge
Part-Time Key holder (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONJanuary 20, 2016
I check my personal goal for the store to achieve good numbers at the end of the day. I learn about the new products that come into the store and I service customers.
Pros
Co-workers are enjoyable to work with
Cons
Fashionable place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLJanuary 13, 2016
Lots of great fashion with lots of product knowledge and training. Not a great job culture and very low paying. Would not work for them again.
Great team environment & jovial atmosphere
Sales Associate/Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONDecember 30, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my work!! Extremely fast paced and demanding, but a great challenge with both base pay and commission based incentives.
don't ever work here
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONDecember 3, 2015
company doesn't value people. they change people as often as they change their window displays. work over 55-60 hours per week.
it was ok
Keyholder and Manager (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCOctober 29, 2015
It was a fine beginner job for university students. the commission was sometimes hard to reach depending on the loacation of your store.
Fun work place, great people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCOctober 26, 2015
While working for this company I realized that although everyone as individuals were amazing, it felt a little like high school. In a sense everyone would talk about each other and it went from a family to just coworkers
Pros
Great Discount
Cons
People were ridiculing one another
Great Team and lots of talent
Digital marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  MontrealOctober 17, 2015
Worked alongside some really talented people and enjoyed the full cafetaria they offered. As well as the free coffee and dishwashers! Great team !
Pros
Free Coffee, great cafeteria with healthy options
Intersting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 9, 2015
its a great place to find business casual clothes and any day to day or events outfits for the ladies and gents, prices are really good and afortable.
Don't work here
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  KelownaSeptember 5, 2015
I really enjoy working at Le Chateau. The clothes are high quality and easy to sell as well as the people I work with are amazing. However, I would not recommend applying here. They do not give you room to be an individual and sell in your own way. The company wants all of their employees to conform to everything they say and basically sell in a scripted way. If you are going to school or have any kind of a life outside of work they will not be willing to work around your schedule. The company is inflexible and stubborn when it comes to availability. I loved working here and had top sales however they practically pushed me out the door because I refused to work off a script and drop out of school to have a career here. They are not looking for people to work their part-time, they only want people who are going to work for Le Chateau forever. If you are just looking for a job in retail DO NOT apply here. They don't even have competitive wages and you will probably stay at minimum wage for the entire period of working there.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
inflexible
Management was awful
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONSeptember 1, 2015
Hated management, everything else was alright...
Loved the 50% off discount and they frequently had contests where you could win gift cards for free clothes!
Pros
50% discount
Manager makes a difference
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 31, 2015
Business allows for workplace bullying; but many good managers exist. So it's hit or miss, whether you will be treated well.
n/a
sales associate (Current Employee) –  mccowan and finchAugust 18, 2015
Any employee that works at le chateau is trained learn all aspect of the job, basically you do everything, your not just set to do what your title is.
Pros
discount
Cons
work load
le chateau the best place
Clerk/ Customer Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 12, 2015
just enjoy the day as i explain incoming customers about the material we are selling. I learned that creating a good relationship with client is important because they come back.

my management was great and they did what they could to keep it that way.

They most hard part of the job is when client little upset because when she calls before coming in the store someone may have given them bad info.

my co-workers were the best.. i created a friendship with them even though i left but we still talk.

most enjoyable is when you making sells you feel like you doing something
Pros
compliments from manager
Cons
long standing
Glad it is over
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 17, 2015
I worked here while I was going to school.
A typical work day would start pleasant with my fellow employees, then by the end I would be miserable.
I was the head cashier, so I was mostly responsible for ringing through the sales. I was also in charge of the accessories.
On top of the salary, the sales employees got a commission for their sales. That is were it got really competitive and the employees could turn angry quickly.
What was really frustrating was that it was a store stuffed with too much clothing. If we had to get clothing out of the back, that was a nightmare, and dangerous to our safety. It would take another person to pry open the tracks and hold it open with their bodies, so that I could get something for a customer. And if it was on the top row, you had to climb up to get it. There were no ladders, and a clothes hook was impossible to come by. I had ripped so much of my clothing from that. I had talked to management about it several times but nothing was really done.
Once the store was closed, we would have to stay for hours after cleaning, and re-organizing the store. I had to stop several times out of sheer exhaustion and I got yelled at for it. An eight hour work day would end up being 10-11 hours with no other breaks.
The only thing that made me happy was working in the men's department the few times I had to cover while another employee was on break.
I would not recommend this place to work at to anyone. I don't even shop there anymore.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Long hours, not enough breaks, and management
Sales Associate and Key Holder
Sales Associate Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 15, 2015
Go to work
Clock in
Read binder of tasks to be completed in between customers
Customer Service
Up selling products aim for goal
Close store
General store clean up
Home

Promoted from Sales Associate to key Holder
Pros
Got a raised
Cons
Great company to work for
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  London, OntarioMay 18, 2015
I joined Le Chateau as an in store Merchandiser. Within a couple years I was promoted to District Visual Merchandiser. This company offers growth with an incentive of a 50% off discount on all of their merchandise. Was an excellent starting off point for my career.
quiet, laid back
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  OttawaMay 15, 2015
it's nice. gets boring standing around. But it's good money on the side. Mostly do back stock, waiting for customers to come in. depends on which location.
Great Work Place
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 12, 2015
My experience at Le Chateau was amazing. I applied and the next day I received a phone call for an interview. I was hired two hours after my interview. I was only a part time so the hours weren't amazing. If you can go apply.

A typical day would be helping whoever opened the store, clean, assist customers, breaks, more cleaning, counting tills, organizing jewellery.

The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers look for outfits that they loved and showing them different ways on how they can wear the outfit/accessorize it.
Pros
Great co-workers, Great environment, Fast pace
Cons
Too many people on non busy days, could change on how the training goes
a Chateau day
key holder (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONApril 17, 2015
Loved going to work, dressing up in the newest fashion and looking great was apart of my job. Of course best part was helping customers shop so technically I became a personal shopper. It was fun dressing up people or an occasion. My co-workers became family and still in touch with them. Management was amazing, during holiday hours it got a bit hectic but it was doable.
Pros
lovely environment
Low key environment
Assistant/Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MBApril 13, 2015
I worked at a location in a small town so the expectations weren't as high. More often than not, it seems that head office forgets about this store. The company has good control over their stores and there is good communication with supervisors and other superiors. However, training and management could be better. Overall relaxed environment.