Le Chateau Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
While at Le chateau I was exposed to many facets of the company such as sales, cash and stock. It was a building place as in after a couple months there were opportunities to grow and get to a next level within the company
good first job
Product Manager /Display Stylist / Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 September 2017
the expectations are high and the salary is NOT competitive in todays market ,training is provided "when there is time " ! double standards are common within the management members
Belle environnement
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC15 September 2017
Toujours le plaisir de travailler avec le public apprendre nouvelle technologie
Pros
Près de chez moi
Cons
Courte pause
Its Retail...
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada10 September 2017
I have been with the company a few years now, and I over all really enjoy my job.

I have learned a lot with this company. The amount of product knowledge you are constantly fed is amazing. Le Chateau prides themselves in having the most knowledgeable staff.

Hardest part of the job - heavy work load and high expectations. It is very difficult trying to keep on top of all the company directives.

Most enjoyable part of the job - probably the discount....
Pros
Awesome discount, fun place to work, great incentives
Cons
High expectations, too much product
It was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 September 2017
and typical day at work: depending on the store location, the product the had, and the time of year it could be very busy to hit your head on the wall slow

what i learned: how to push clothing on people and how to make them buy it

management: i will say the manager that i had at my store was really cool and fun….. but when it came down to head management they could really work on them not being such a control freak and having power go to their heads

hardest part: trying to get sales on the extremely slow days when nobody whats to buy

most enjoyable part: the people i worked with. My boss was really cool and always bought us little treats and my co-workers were just really great
Pros
little treats now and then, good co-workers
Cons
hours for the store can run low
Worst place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2017
Not a good place to work. Manager sits at desk on the phone. Customers are rude and throw clothing everywhere. Management not good at all. Didnt learn much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
great job for student or if you have a second job, they work around your schedule. Also great for people who are looking for their first job or trying to get retail experience.
Very Professional
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 July 2017
very professional place to work. Exceeds cods and deadlines. Fun work place activities and mini competitions to keep the high energy flowing. Gained a lot of knowledge for life
Helpful coworkers and management
Brand Stylist (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON23 July 2017
Fun environment, typical day would be busy with clients and styling.
Management is very helpful the culture is very good. Most enjoyable part is to style customers.
professional ladies and mens wear
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2017
my days at le chateau were awesome I learned to become more outgoing in customer service was very helpful in opinions on clothing and helping with sizes.
Hardest part of the job would be unsatisfied customers but you have to take the good with the bad!
I loved making people feel good about themselves :)
Productive and postive work environment
Team Lead Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 June 2017
I maintain an exceedingly functional work environment while delivering exceptional customer service. I have great problem solving skills and work well independently and in teams with little oversight. I respond to the needs and requests of customers in a timely manner and I’m excellent at organizing and prioritizing multiple ongoing projects.
Pros
Great work environment, best discounts
people I work with are nice
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 June 2017
Manager can get stressed out easily. If you like to work in a fast environment this place is for you. You have to move fast and has to be aggressive. To make commission you have to sell at least 2,000 a day.
Love this position!
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC20 May 2017
The product manager position is amongst the most interesting jobs you can have in a store. I get the chance to use my experience and creativity to solve problems and make the store an attractive and enjoyable environment. Plus the 8 to 5, Monday to Friday schedule is a bliss to keep a social life, and I even have time to take University classes! The manager is also a big plus for this job, she is dedicated and gives a great example to the other employees. On the other hand, the salary is quite miserable comparing to similar positions in other retail stores, and the job can be stressful since you are constantly juged according to company standards.
Pros
Good work schedules, awesome manager, stimulates creativity
Cons
Poor salary, stress-inducing evaluations
Typical retail job
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2017
When work slowed hours would get cut whether there was still work to be done or not. Was hard to try to advance and expand to a new position.
Good discount on the clothes and shoes.
poisitve work environment with great managment
Brand Stylist, Part time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2017
Very positive and an encouraging environment, able to learn how to properly follow through transactions, leaned about newest fashion trends. An amazing management with flexible schedules and great company to grow. Able to personally enjoy latest fashion trends first hand.
Pros
clothing
Cons
short hours
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 May 2017
I was very happy at the company , however, my manager took my job because he wanted to re-locate. I was paid a compensation package and was tossed out the door.
Pros
good pay
Cons
It was a nice place to work and it was a great way to learn about customer service for beginners!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 April 2017
I liked the welcoming environment of the store, and enjoyed my time of being there. For someone with no previous job experience, it was easy to learn about the retail industry and would recommend working there for anyone who wants to gain experience!
Fun place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2017
Great Atmosphere. I loved to help people on how to dress. How to mix and match clothing according to their own personal, unique and picky fashion. I loved it at Le Chateau.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Sometimes empty.
awesome place to work
Key holder /Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 April 2017
It was a blast working at le chateau met so many awesome people, learned a lot about management and inventory and how much better your job can be when everyone works toward the same goals.
learn and work friendly
Customer Service Specialist, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 April 2017
i learn to work many hours standing, i was assigning to arrange some items and maintain clean and safe my area. my former manager was likes to train associates. When i had difficult to solve some problems i was happy to refer to a colleague or manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Le Chateau. Our community is ready to answer.