Le Chateau Inc Employee Review

View all Le Chateau Inc reviews

So-so experience
Sales Associate / Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 February 2014
Le Chateau - based on my experience as a sales associate and key holder rarely takes care of its employees. They ask a lot from their employees which would be acceptable if they took care of them. This goes for the company itself and not the various store managements. I've had different managers over the past 2 years as an employee of Le Chateau. As stated above, they ask too much out of their managers and sales team and rarely give back.

Store management differs from manager to manager and this greatly changes the work experience.
Pros
Flexible hours, 50 % employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours given to the store - resulting in a few available hours for sales associates, Discount only applies to clothes for you.

Other Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

retail sales associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON8 February 2018
Le Chateau is a good place to work at but I believe it is a really disorganized store in Sudbury. I love the people I work with, and working with so many different people coming in and out of the store. The only downside is the fact that there is not enough shifts to give out because they keep hiring brand new people.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
To many employees to give shifts
Unprofessional is an understatment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2018
Do not work for this company, they are the worst. I worked there for just over a year and 20+ people ether quit or were fired. I worked under someone in upper mgnt and it was terrible. Legit made things up, pretended they didn't know about certain issues which were stated in black and white in emails, said great things to employees, but talked about not liking their work to myself. Was beyond petty and just plain unprofessional. Would speak to staff behind my back to"pump" them for information about the store then they would come to talk to me about how uncomfortable it was. Discount cards for a big Christmas promo didn't show up in time and it was like oh well. then they wondered why we didn't do the same sales as the previous year. Bonuses? don't even bother trying, most days there's 25-40% increase from the last year so it's next to impossible but it's sold to you like it's a joke not to be able to them. The hours for the size store worked in were hilarious.We worked our butts off trying to sell along with all the other store operations. Basically you can have 3 people on the sales floor at a time which is nothing for the size of the store, and two-3 of them have merchandising to do. There's your lack of sales and shrink right there, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Basically their expectations are out to lunch and it becomes an extremely frustrating place to be for everyone. Oh and if you have certain tattoos, facial piercings, or coloured hair, forget about this place. The dress code wont allow it, last time I checked it was 2018 and none of those  more... things dictate how you are as a worker....If i could give you any advice it would be to save yourself the headache and look for another place to work.  less
Pros
50% discount, most of the staff
Cons
Everything else