Le Chateau Inc

Le Chateau Inc Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Worst retail store
Manager (Former Employee), BCDecember 4, 2013
Pros: discount
Cons: no upper management backing and horrible environment
Was hired as the manager, and was thrown in to fix a huge mess without back up from upper management. Don't expect to have a life or get any satisfaction
Horrible. Don't waste your time working for this company.
Sales associate. (Former Employee), Sherwood Park MallSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I have worked for this company twice. Once when I was 17 (2007), and it was ok to have crazy hair and tattoos. You could wear what you wanted as long as you looked nice and the manager was awesome and you didn't get over worked and upper management didn't look at you like you were garbage.

The second time (2011) I worked there they cared more about – more... appearance then how you dealt with customers. I was told to grow my hair out because I had a tattoo bigger then 2 inches on the back of my neck. I have worked retail for 9 years and have never had anyone say they didn't want my help because of my tattoos. When you leave to go on breaks or you're done your shift they frisk you, go through your entire purse, wallet, your jacket, every pocket, they even open up yogurt and hand cream containers, I'm not even sure if it's a legal search. You have to claim which Le Chateau products you're wearing as well. Maybe if they paid and treated employees better then criminals they might not have so much internal theft. The back room is plastered in anti-theft posters. I've never ever felt so horrible about myself working anywhere. The manager should not have been a manager, she would criticize what I would wear everyday. I had a pink/red streak in my hair that I would comb under while on shift because unnatural hair colours weren't allowed and she would come up to me and touch my hair to cover it up if it peaked out at all. I had a hand full of customers tell my they loved it too. For the first week of working there, (even though she knew I worked there before) she would steal my commissions saying I wouldn't make any until 2 weeks of working, I was also supposed to get 50% off coupons to get clothing and she took those too. She would also leave the store during her shift to go shopping at other stores.

This place wants to be a high end brand, but it's a mall brand and always will be. In 2007, most of their products were made in Canada, they didn't use leather or fur either, they threw that out the window. – less
One of the worst positions I have ever held.
Product Manager (Former Employee), CanadaMay 14, 2013
Pros: 50% of clothing
Cons: no real training provided other than reading computer manuals.
As a product manager I was excepted to merchandise a huge store with new directives every week. Along with that, twice a week there were transfers to other locations, merchandise recall to H.O, huge markdowns,price adjustments and at least 10 boxes of stock every day! On top of that assist customers! Sometimes there's yourself and 1 other staff member – more... to run the show until the second shift arrives at 1.00 pm. However that is not the worst part of the job, it's dealing with a arrogant visual manager who berates and belittles instead of being supportive and encouraging. – less
What a horrible, horrible job experience....Worked 4 positions in less than a year, than fired, no notice or warnings.
assistant manager/ men's product manager (Former Employee), Niagara falls, OntarioFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: discount 50%
Cons: terrible management, terrible work ethic, terrible problem solving skills. no job security.
This company seems great to work for but without a doubt, will end your employment and turn their back on you at the drop of a dime.

I started in the Niagara falls store when it opened March of last year. I was a very dedicated employee who worked hard consistently, was never late, never in trouble for anything and always being complimented on my work – more... by other employees and customers.

I found my job there as assistant manager and men's product manager to be extremely difficult because the other manager's who worked at this location did nothing. One was always tired and had sore feet blah blah blah. The other was way to laid back and the response to all of your concerns was "it is what it is"

I liked the store to be neat, clean and organized, but they didn't care. The problems I encountered were problems that were had by other staff since the store opening almost a year ago. Nothing was done in one year, of these ongoing issues.

There was an mutual argument between my manager and I one night and that was it, she claimed that she felt unsafe working with me which was completely used to her advantage to get me out of there.

That was it, FIRED! I was never given an actual reason for termination, never told what was said about me...NOTHING!!

The problem starts with the supervisor who comes into your workplace and is always probing the staff about what the manager says and does. So much negativaty. The whole company is a complete waste of time. Trying to pursue a career with these guys is next to impossible because you have no job security. A company under no circumstances should just let you go like this, no questions asked.

Le château is not welcome to contact me in any way shape or form except regarding current issues of why I was not paid lieu pay for being terminated without notice. – less
Ineffective management, allows junior employees to bully them
Finance Department (Former Employee), Montreal HOJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: day would pass by quickly
Cons: long hours, allowed junior employees to bully management, unprofessional
Very unprofessional from beginning to end. Wasted a lot of time during interview process, HR made me come in twice more than I had to. The first time because HR did not coordinate their schedule with my department's management for an interview and the second time was to confirm what they had told me the second time.

However, management was very nice – more... and so were my colleagues, except for the woman I worked with. She was controlling and abusive, would not allow me to do anything without her approval and refused to answer my questions. She was condescending and would never allow me to leave until much later (she is in the same junior position as me but has worked for over 10 years).

Management does not know how to deal with these problems, would blame you for being in that position in the first place.

When I gave in my two weeks, management gave me the cold shoulder for the remaining two weeks. Did not even wish good luck, pretended I did not exist anymore.

Do not work here unless you really need a job. – less
I was employed for 8 years until the company downsized jobs.
Imports clerk / Receptionist (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 9, 2012
multi-tasking: doing my work, plus expected to help out with other co-workers' workloads,
I learned a lot of new tasks with new challenges,working as part of a team.
fair for the most part,
very nice to work with most of the team,
very busy,hectic workload,while dealing with 1 or 2 co-workers with
bullying attitude,
a strong sense of accomplishment – more... of many duties. – less
fast paced, verybusy, nice office building
Assistante Acheteuse/Coordonnatrice des tissus (Former Employee), Monreal, QuebecOctober 7, 2012
Pros: good discounts on the clothing, sample sales, organized events (eg:picnics, etc.)
Cons: stressful, long hours
Very busy days and many deadlines to meet. I learned to work fast and accurately. I learned about different fabrics and the process of purchasing and garment development.I learned to create detailed fabric information in programs called Merchandising and DS Taxi so that detailed reports could be used. I organized the filing system and made sure the – more... department was in order. I became the "go to person" for help. Management expected answers and results quickly.
The hardest part of the job was to cater to everyone's needs in a timely manner.
The best part of the job is that you learn a lot. – less

About Le Chateau Inc

Le Château Inc. is a fashion company founded in 1959 in Montreal, Quebec, Canada that designs, imports and retails a wide range – Read more