Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

Very accommodating for work/school/life balance
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON7 December 2017
Overall the management at my location worked with my schedule, working two jobs plus school. The traffic was very slow so I worked alone sometimes but it gave me the opportunity to take on more responsibilities and develop a sense of independence. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with other people and express yourself through your knowledge of fashion or even just by your style sense. The hardest part of the job was helping find everyone's style that reflects who they are or how they dress.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Work alone
key holder ,opening store,
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
my typical day start by opening store .
check the sale and find out the target sale for a day
handle shipping and receiving of prouducts
check the e.com and fulfillment
fun environment to work in
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2017
A typical day at le chateau is very busy , lots of multitasking .At times it becomes overbearing because theres not alot of people working on the floor.
Le Chateau
Manager/co-manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario3 November 2017
Great place to build your retail skills. Le Chateau fully trains every sales associate how to properly service customers in a retail environment. I would not recommend this job for long-term, because the company is cutting back on many bonuses, hours and incentives. They also like to point out problems, but with no solutions. HR and higher-up management do not listen very well; they are not very open and willing to take criticism or suggestions.
Pros
Great in-store teams, wonderful training and building skills.
Cons
higher management is more involved in Montreal base, as opposed to Ottawa.
Everything is great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
Staff is nice
Workplace is comfortable
Breaks are long and on time as scheduled
Get more than enough shifts!
Clean up isn't bad
Not too busy
Great pay
Pros
long breaks
Cons
sometimes have long hours in one day
Required a lot of dedication and customer driven
Brand Stylist & Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2017
Pretty decent, pay is not that great as you do a lot of work starting at minimum wage.
Commission is hard to make unless you work busy weekends
Weekdays are especially slow and there is pressure to achieve daily plans even when no one is in the store
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 October 2017
Lots of customer service involved at Le Chateau, learned many new things and obtained a of new skills. Very good management and staff, overall great place to start in retail.
Pros
Not many shifts
Cons
Good pay
Did not like management
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2017
Best part was that they were flexible when I was going to school. Hardest part of the job was that they were always on us to make sales.
Management was not great.
Bonne Entreprise pour débuter
Analyste-programmeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2017
Bon environnement de travail
Pas d'avancement au niveau salarial
Pros
Horaire flexible
Cons
salaires bas
Great Customers
Brand Stylist/Key Holder/Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
was a pleasure working here. had great customers that made my days. staff was very friendly and hard working. taught me a lot about the fashion industry
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
was slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
While at Le chateau I was exposed to many facets of the company such as sales, cash and stock. It was a building place as in after a couple months there were opportunities to grow and get to a next level within the company
fun and competitive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
commission and salary. monthly bonuses for high sales. fun environment with friendly and outgoing staff. easily accessable by public transportation. discount on clothing for employees. great insurance plan. My favorite job so far.
Pros
discount on clothing for employees
Cons
long hours standing
Cool trendy place to work
Part- Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 September 2017
It is a fun place to work. Lots of trendy things coming in. great customer service. Chill environment and pleasant coworkers. Sherwood Park location is super slow, but we try our best to achieve targets etc.
good first job
Product Manager /Display Stylist / Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 September 2017
the expectations are high and the salary is NOT competitive in todays market ,training is provided "when there is time " ! double standards are common within the management members
Great people! stubborn company.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Le Chateau. I had excellent opportunities to advance and take on new roles pretty quickly into my employment.

I had a very positive experience with all levels of management, it was always fun to work with different departments.

There was always a feeling of resistance to change from head office, just concerning company direction and competition in the retail space.
Pros
good managers if you're a good worker, commission and bonuses, discounts, potential store transfers on request
Cons
hours can be bad depending on location, breaks are too long, ancient register system, stubborn head office
We always had a good team work and it was fun working with good people like them
E-Commerce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 September 2017
My co-workers deserve a good salary increase to provide a good quality of life to their families. As my first job here in Canada they are like my family already.
Pros
Snacks & coffee 😄
Belle environnement
Vendeuse/Conseillère (Former Employee) –  Saint-Eustache, QC15 September 2017
Toujours le plaisir de travailler avec le public apprendre nouvelle technologie
Pros
Près de chez moi
Cons
Courte pause
hard to succeed
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 September 2017
the ocmpany does not allow for internal promotions. compensations were average and so were the wages. higher management barely spoke to the sataff or contacted them for internal issues.
Its Retail...
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada10 September 2017
I have been with the company a few years now, and I over all really enjoy my job.

I have learned a lot with this company. The amount of product knowledge you are constantly fed is amazing. Le Chateau prides themselves in having the most knowledgeable staff.

Hardest part of the job - heavy work load and high expectations. It is very difficult trying to keep on top of all the company directives.

Most enjoyable part of the job - probably the discount....
Pros
Awesome discount, fun place to work, great incentives
Cons
High expectations, too much product
It was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB1 September 2017
and typical day at work: depending on the store location, the product the had, and the time of year it could be very busy to hit your head on the wall slow

what i learned: how to push clothing on people and how to make them buy it

management: i will say the manager that i had at my store was really cool and fun….. but when it came down to head management they could really work on them not being such a control freak and having power go to their heads

hardest part: trying to get sales on the extremely slow days when nobody whats to buy

most enjoyable part: the people i worked with. My boss was really cool and always bought us little treats and my co-workers were just really great
Pros
little treats now and then, good co-workers
Cons
hours for the store can run low