Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

Unprofessional is an understatment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 February 2018
Do not work for this company, they are the worst. I worked there for just over a year and 20+ people ether quit or were fired. I worked under someone in upper mgnt and it was terrible. Legit made things up, pretended they didn't know about certain issues which were stated in black and white in emails, said great things to employees, but talked about not liking their work to myself. Was beyond petty and just plain unprofessional. Would speak to staff behind my back to"pump" them for information about the store then they would come to talk to me about how uncomfortable it was. Discount cards for a big Christmas promo didn't show up in time and it was like oh well. then they wondered why we didn't do the same sales as the previous year. Bonuses? don't even bother trying, most days there's 25-40% increase from the last year so it's next to impossible but it's sold to you like it's a joke not to be able to them. The hours for the size store worked in were hilarious.We worked our butts off trying to sell along with all the other store operations. Basically you can have 3 people on the sales floor at a time which is nothing for the size of the store, and two-3 of them have merchandising to do. There's your lack of sales and shrink right there, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Basically their expectations are out to lunch and it becomes an extremely frustrating place to be for everyone. Oh and if you have certain tattoos, facial piercings, or coloured hair, forget about this place. The dress code wont allow it, last time I checked it was 2018 and none of those  more... things dictate how you are as a worker....If i could give you any advice it would be to save yourself the headache and look for another place to work.  less
Pros
50% discount, most of the staff
Cons
Everything else
Awesome co-workers, pay is minimum wage, no benefits, and horrible management
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 February 2018
After working here many years I can say I have wasted my time in dedicating my time in such an awefully mismanaged company with horrible management. I finally left when I was moved to work in the retail divisions in one of the malls. The "manager there is horrendous, forcing people to make outrageous sales quotas when there are barely any people coming in. On top of that they make key holders have extra responsibilities and extra work with no extra pay or benefits. On the other hand you have great co-workers that are very friendly very quickly. Will I ever work there again? Possibly if they fire the manager and hire someone that respects their employees and maybe give benefits to their sales staff.

Overall, great product, amazing coworkers, horrible management...
Pros
Great co-workers and staff
Cons
Horrible manager...
Work here only if you are into sales
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE26 January 2018
Management is pretty harsh about you getting your sales up. Weekly sales are checked and you can get kicked out of the company for failure to meet sales quota
correcte
Service à la clientèle, vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2018
Jai pas appris grand chose vue que j'avais déjà de l'expérience dans la vente.
Very safe environment with nice staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2018
At Le Chateau, the tasks needed to be completed were quite simple. At the start of my shift, I would be assigned to an area to focus on selling for that day, (shoes, womens clothing, mens clothing, etc.) and would be given an objective. As I worked in two different stores, both my managers were very nice and really wanted to help me improve on my retail skills. I was much younger than the people working there so it was quite difficult for me to make friends with my coworkers, however all my relationships with them were amicable. The hardest part of the job was not always closing a sale, as I always like to be the best in what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job was the location, as it was very easy to get to downtown Montreal.
Pros
50% discount, long breaks.
Cons
Disorganized schedules
fun to work with my co workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC10 December 2017
worked in the kitchen washing dishes from 9am to 2pm. this job thought me how to work fast and under pressure and quickly. the part i enjoyed most was being able to make jokes ad talk with the chefs while working or during our brake. the hardest part of the job was when i first started i had to move quiclky and do everything right had to put plates were the went i had to. The management was great they would tell me what to do and i do it. i wasnt just a dishwasher i also did arons for the chefs like go get some food supplies when they were short on it.
Pros
free lunches, 10 min breaks can talk with with the chefs while working
Very accommodating for work/school/life balance
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON7 December 2017
Overall the management at my location worked with my schedule, working two jobs plus school. The traffic was very slow so I worked alone sometimes but it gave me the opportunity to take on more responsibilities and develop a sense of independence. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with other people and express yourself through your knowledge of fashion or even just by your style sense. The hardest part of the job was helping find everyone's style that reflects who they are or how they dress.
Pros
Very friendly
Cons
Work alone
key holder ,opening store,
Key Holder/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2017
my typical day start by opening store .
check the sale and find out the target sale for a day
handle shipping and receiving of prouducts
check the e.com and fulfillment
fun environment to work in
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 November 2017
A typical day at le chateau is very busy , lots of multitasking .At times it becomes overbearing because theres not alot of people working on the floor.
Le Chateau
Manager/co-manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario3 November 2017
Great place to build your retail skills. Le Chateau fully trains every sales associate how to properly service customers in a retail environment. I would not recommend this job for long-term, because the company is cutting back on many bonuses, hours and incentives. They also like to point out problems, but with no solutions. HR and higher-up management do not listen very well; they are not very open and willing to take criticism or suggestions.
Pros
Great in-store teams, wonderful training and building skills.
Cons
higher management is more involved in Montreal base, as opposed to Ottawa.
Everything is great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 October 2017
Staff is nice
Workplace is comfortable
Breaks are long and on time as scheduled
Get more than enough shifts!
Clean up isn't bad
Not too busy
Great pay
Pros
long breaks
Cons
sometimes have long hours in one day
Required a lot of dedication and customer driven
Brand Stylist & Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2017
Pretty decent, pay is not that great as you do a lot of work starting at minimum wage.
Commission is hard to make unless you work busy weekends
Weekdays are especially slow and there is pressure to achieve daily plans even when no one is in the store
Great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 October 2017
Lots of customer service involved at Le Chateau, learned many new things and obtained a of new skills. Very good management and staff, overall great place to start in retail.
Pros
Not many shifts
Cons
Good pay
Did not like management
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2017
Best part was that they were flexible when I was going to school. Hardest part of the job was that they were always on us to make sales.
Management was not great.
Bonne Entreprise pour débuter
Analyste-programmeur (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 October 2017
Bon environnement de travail
Pas d'avancement au niveau salarial
Pros
Horaire flexible
Cons
salaires bas
Great Customers
Brand Stylist/Key Holder/Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
was a pleasure working here. had great customers that made my days. staff was very friendly and hard working. taught me a lot about the fashion industry
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
was slow
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 October 2017
While at Le chateau I was exposed to many facets of the company such as sales, cash and stock. It was a building place as in after a couple months there were opportunities to grow and get to a next level within the company
fun and competitive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 October 2017
commission and salary. monthly bonuses for high sales. fun environment with friendly and outgoing staff. easily accessable by public transportation. discount on clothing for employees. great insurance plan. My favorite job so far.
Pros
discount on clothing for employees
Cons
long hours standing
Cool trendy place to work
Part- Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB27 September 2017
It is a fun place to work. Lots of trendy things coming in. great customer service. Chill environment and pleasant coworkers. Sherwood Park location is super slow, but we try our best to achieve targets etc.
good first job
Product Manager /Display Stylist / Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON24 September 2017
the expectations are high and the salary is NOT competitive in todays market ,training is provided "when there is time " ! double standards are common within the management members