Le Chateau Inc Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Manager/Key-holder (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON29 November 2016
This is a fun place to work if you are interested in higher end fashion. There is a lot that can be learned in terms of merchandising, sales strategies, and managerial skills. At outlet locations it is easier to get along with a work together with your coworkers as a team since there is no commission pressure. It can be difficult when it is busy such as around the holidays.
Pros
50% discount on the mershandise
Cons
The pay is not very well
no guidance, no one had a clue what they were doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 October 2016
did learn anything, no one bothered to train me, I asked after my first month cause i had felt i had been there for a bit and hadn't learned anything and it was shaken off like it wasn't important
management had no sense of prioritizing or communicating affectingly with staff, and creating teamwork and a healthy work environment
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, customers yelling, little to no training
Great culture!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON27 December 2016
It's a great job to start your career as a sales associate. You learn so many things here that can help you in your future career. What you need to have is passion and a drive to succeed, then you will be recognized and praised. Recommend!
Pros
Great work experience, development, commission, 50% discount.
Cons
Working almost every weekend.
Pretty bad
Stylist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC28 November 2016
Terrible management. No benifits. No respect for their employees or customers. The staff were constantly talked down to by management and they yell at you to push sales. Co workers overly competitive for sales. Overall negative experience but good discount
Pros
Good discount
Cons
The management and commission based wage
fun work place
Men's and Ladies style specialist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 November 2016
Each day was different no 2 days were every the same. You meet new people and learn something new which helps your character grow. Management goes over goals and updates constantly so you always know where you stand and where you need to be.
Pros
each day was different
Cons
not enough hours
terrible experience
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC22 October 2016
one of my worse experiences working for them. Management team is horrible with no qualification. pay is no good and the commission is a lie. they set the target so high.
Pros
Cons
everything
good place to work
Junior buyer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 December 2016
I was a wonderful place to work! Highly recommend for anyone. Great discounts on clothing. opportunity to try new things. Fashion is fun. great cafeteria.
Pros
Advancement
It's ok
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON15 November 2016
It's an ok place to work the hours weren't good, management wasn't the greatest and when it comes to benefits and job security there wasn't any. They need to treat employees better.
Fun and upbeat
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 January 2017
i only worked for Le Chateau for a few months but i enjoyed the fast and upbeat pace here, the people are very nice and the management wasn't bad either.
Pros
fast pace
Great experience!!
Fashion Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 December 2016
Wonderful experience working at le chateau. I got to learn a lot about fashion tips from well known and experienced fashion experts.
get ready to be bullied
Stylist and sales representative (Current Employee) –  Winkler, MB15 July 2016
i started out being excited about working there, but somewhere along the line, i had a disagreement with a keyholder (who happens to be my manager's childhood friend) about why she makes me do her task and mine and takes credit for it, while she actually wastes her time talking to friends on the phone during store hours. when i reported to the manager, my hours started decreasing drastically, until it got to a point where i only worked 3 hours a week, but i was required to have 4 days completely dedicated to working there. Also the manager made it her duty to schedule me in for work on days when i specifically told her i would be unavailable . when the assistant manager noticed and decided to talk to the manager about her friend's attitude towards work and how my hours reduced out of the blue, she reduced the assistant manager's hours too. Also working here is not a walk in the park, its is very stressful, so much is expected of you with so little to gain in the process.
Pros
discount on their low quality items
Cons
bullying, LACK OF TRANSPARENCY
terrible customer service ethics, but good pay
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON14 January 2016
a typical day involved a lot of backlash from the manager, I learned that there is a lot to do to maintain a store. The staff were generally friendly, but often felt like a sorority full of party girls. It was difficult to go against my ethics when it came to how customer's should be serviced, but I enjoyed when the manager wasn't there so I could provide friendly and relaxed service and dress up the customers using my fashion skills.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
often held well past closing, manager was crazy
A good place to start
product (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 October 2015
I worked with the company for three years and appreciate all the opportunities I was given. I felt as if after three years, I was no longer learning, growing or being appreciated for my work.
It was a good place to start my retail career because I learned the basics of customer service, sales and managerial tools.
Working here was the worst
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON30 October 2015
Everyone is sneaky and they don't care about their employees. Avoids confrontation. Worst company to work for. Managers can say whatever they want and their actions are dealt with. Beyond unprofessional.
One of the worst positions I have ever held.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada14 May 2013
As a product manager I was excepted to merchandise a huge store with new directives every week. Along with that, twice a week there were transfers to other locations, merchandise recall to H.O, huge markdowns,price adjustments and at least 10 boxes of stock every day! On top of that assist customers! Sometimes there's yourself and 1 other staff member to run the show until the second shift arrives at 1.00 pm. However that is not the worst part of the job, it's dealing with a arrogant visual manager who berates and belittles instead of being supportive and encouraging.
Pros
50% of clothing
Cons
no real training provided other than reading computer manuals.
fast paced, verybusy, nice office building
Assistante Acheteuse/Coordonnatrice des tissus (Former Employee) –  Monreal, Quebec7 October 2012
Very busy days and many deadlines to meet. I learned to work fast and accurately. I learned about different fabrics and the process of purchasing and garment development.I learned to create detailed fabric information in programs called Merchandising and DS Taxi so that detailed reports could be used. I organized the filing system and made sure the department was in order. I became the "go to person" for help. Management expected answers and results quickly.
The hardest part of the job was to cater to everyone's needs in a timely manner.
The best part of the job is that you learn a lot.
Pros
good discounts on the clothing, sample sales, organized events (eg:picnics, etc.)
Cons
stressful, long hours
I was employed for 8 years until the company downsized jobs.
Imports clerk / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 October 2012
multi-tasking: doing my work, plus expected to help out with other co-workers' workloads,
I learned a lot of new tasks with new challenges,working as part of a team.
fair for the most part,
very nice to work with most of the team,
very busy,hectic workload,while dealing with 1 or 2 co-workers with
bullying attitude,
a strong sense of accomplishment of many duties.
amazing
Seasonal Sales Associate/Co-op (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 August 2015
management allowed me to learn whatever it is i wanted. I did stock, banking, cash, merchandising, floor operating, up selling, and many more. it was an amazing experience
Worst retail store
Manager (Former Employee) –  BC4 December 2013
Was hired as the manager, and was thrown in to fix a huge mess without back up from upper management. Don't expect to have a life or get any satisfaction
Pros
Discount
Cons
No upper management backing and horrible environment
Professional environment for optimal learning
Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 February 2014
Very professional and knowledgeable management team.

Everyday was challenging and created new experiences and opportunities.

2.5