LCBO Employee Reviews

Love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener15 May 2016
Great place to work, able to be flexible with my schedule and great coworkers. Hours were good, and shifts were always fast paced
Fast paced and multi-faceted place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2016
At the beginning of each shift you count your till, and organize your till. Then you begin to organize and make the store look presentable. While doing this, I am also handling customers, dealing with returns or exchanges and providing friendly, efficient service.
Overall I enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2016
I found it very difficult to advance my career here despite being an extremely knowledgeable seasonal employee who has a strong relationship with the customers. Everyone goes insane over the pay its really only $1 more than the minimum wage which isn't bad but not all the big hype. However I assume when hired as a part-timer it will be a little higher. They make you work hard, and make sure you earn every dollar they pay you. It's a very demanding job but overall all the people are wonderful and to the contrary I loved my boss! They have a wonderful team dynamic that makes you feel safe, they are quick to support you and back you up in every situation. Sometimes company reps come in with wines, and spirits to sample along with free food or snacks which was awesome. However, other than the sampling also contrary to popular belief NO FREE ALCOHOL. I have no complaints about that but it's not a real thing. Hours are long, stores are packed especially on holidays and long weekends none of which you will ever have off for any reason at all. So all that being said if you're not willing to sacrifice all your evenings, weekends and holidays for the summer and are ready to work your butt of then this is for you. I did a summer once and definitely won't do it again but it was a wonderful growing experience. Getting part time is next to impossible, but that is the only time I would ever work there again because of increased pay and slightly more leverage to ask for a day or two off.
Pros
great people, great management, free samples, free food
Cons
long days, extremely busy, very demanding, minimal chance of advancement
depressing job
Warehouse as temp worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 May 2016
working in a ware house is a depressing and hard job and the hours are long and you never see the sun light. Also it's very stressful and they can replace you easily.
Wonderful Team Envirionment
Administrative Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Lake shore Head office9 May 2016
Great work attitude and wonderful life balance. I only wish this could have turned into a full time position! Really enjoyed working here!
Pros
Excellent Compensation, and Life Balance
Cons
Was only contract
Very lovely work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 May 2016
Working at LCBO was very beneficial as I worked as a summer work term employee while going through school. It was a very good opportunity to advance my customer service skills as I dealt with a variety of customers and staff. I would recommend to anyone as a temporary job, but certainly not full time as they rarely have full time employees that receive benefits. Most of the people I worked with were still deemed part time after working at LCBO for 10+ years.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Decent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2016
As a seasonal employee, you're paid quite a bit less than the permanent individuals there for doing what I felt like was a lot more work.
Regardless, they were friendly and tried to reduce your stress as much as possible. There was a Christmas potluck, which was nice.
-You get a LOT of hours depending on what you state your availability is
-You meet a lot of interesting (sometimes drunk) people, and learn to manage your stress in such a busy shop
-Permanent/casual re-hires are not as common as I would like
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Pros
accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons
on-call, tough hours, overnights
Fast paced environment and out going people to work with.
CSR, Cashier, Merchandising, Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
I was always the early, early bird to work. Never late for any of my shifts. I have an outgoing nature and great with people young and old. I was always there to assist my co-workers and customers. Management knew they could rely on me at all times. The hardest part of the job was being able to service and help everyone on a busy busy day. The best part of my job was seeing the faces of my co-workers and my customers too.
Pros
the money when the hours are there.
Cons
the lack hours due to seniority.
excellent environment, great coordinator
Culinary Instructor and Chef for product demos (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 April 2016
Chefs must purchase their ingredients and prep the food. We are reimbursed for the supplies however we must stay within a budget. the events room coordinator is very out going and easy to get along with. The assistants are just as friendly and willing to help.
Pros
able to cook your own menu
Cons
have to do own shopping
Summer Contract Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 April 2016
Working as a summer contract employee was great! I worked june-september and enjoyed every bit of it. Work shifts were either 5 or 8 hours and typically worked cash and stocked shelves. No weekends off, as a contract employee which was hard, gave little free time to enjoy the summer.
Used and Abused
Warehouse Worker and Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2016
No room for advancement. Bring in agency workers and never hire them and work them till they burn out. Over look health and safety. No praise for a good job.
Good Company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON4 April 2016
Working here was a good experience. This company was multi-cultural as well. The co-workers were very welcoming and also effective when I needed the proper training to start working.
not reccomended
Print and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 April 2016
Not the most welcoming place to work at, very political and for a multi billion dollar company they are very un-organized
Christmas coverage part time term
Temporary and Term Positions (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON31 March 2016
Cashier sales of products (some)
Organize product in store
Assist customers with their purchases

Learned about company working procedures and products
enjoyable co-workers
Pros
Robust working enviornment
Cons
Limited hours
Review.
C.S.R (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2016
I started out as a seasonal employee, it was a fun place to work. I was at the Coxwell location and everyone there were a blast to woork with.
a great place to work
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2016
I love working at the LCBO as a CSR. the hours as a casual are not stable, and there are no benefits, but the atmosphere is great and the flexibility for students is advantageous to their school
get a good experience
Electrician (Current Employee) –  yonge st and bay st22 March 2016
get a good experience to how to rebuilt a new store and finish all equipment and all store lighting.I finished that job only with another one worker
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2016
Great place to work that is both challenging, but easy going. Everyone in my store was a team player which made the whole environment so much better. Gained lots of knowledge on products and always continuing to learn. Management was great. I feel protected with the union.
Great employer
Fixed Term Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 February 2016
Great place to work. Fast paced, yet fun. Would recommend to others seeking a job in customer service and those who like working with people.