LCBO Employee Reviews

Good Company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 4, 2016
Working here was a good experience. This company was multi-cultural as well. The co-workers were very welcoming and also effective when I needed the proper training to start working.
Productive and fun
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2015
It's a typical day at work. I learned. The boss managed. No co-workers. The hardest part was the job. The most enjoyable part of the was getting it done.
Pros
Your hungry for lunch.
Cons
Very long hours
Overall I enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 10, 2016
I found it very difficult to advance my career here despite being an extremely knowledgeable seasonal employee who has a strong relationship with the customers. Everyone goes insane over the pay its really only $1 more than the minimum wage which isn't bad but not all the big hype. However I assume when hired as a part-timer it will be a little higher. They make you work hard, and make sure you earn every dollar they pay you. It's a very demanding job but overall all the people are wonderful and to the contrary I loved my boss! They have a wonderful team dynamic that makes you feel safe, they are quick to support you and back you up in every situation. Sometimes company reps come in with wines, and spirits to sample along with free food or snacks which was awesome. However, other than the sampling also contrary to popular belief NO FREE ALCOHOL. I have no complaints about that but it's not a real thing. Hours are long, stores are packed especially on holidays and long weekends none of which you will ever have off for any reason at all. So all that being said if you're not willing to sacrifice all your evenings, weekends and holidays for the summer and are ready to work your butt of then this is for you. I did a summer once and definitely won't do it again but it was a wonderful growing experience. Getting part time is next to impossible, but that is the only time I would ever work there again because of increased pay and slightly more leverage to ask for a day or two off.
Pros
great people, great management, free samples, free food
Cons
long days, extremely busy, very demanding, minimal chance of advancement
Review.
C.S.R (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
I started out as a seasonal employee, it was a fun place to work. I was at the Coxwell location and everyone there were a blast to woork with.
not reccomended
Print and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Not the most welcoming place to work at, very political and for a multi billion dollar company they are very un-organized
excellent work atmosphere and co workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
It was a fun place to work right from day one. The staff made it very enjoyable and although it was a fixed term contract, I would gladly refer anyone to give LCBO a try.
Pros
great staff
Cons
longer terms
get a good experience
Electrician (Current Employee) –  yonge st and bay stMarch 22, 2016
get a good experience to how to rebuilt a new store and finish all equipment and all store lighting.I finished that job only with another one worker
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
It was a great place to work

It was a very busy time of year to work at the LCBO but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The staff was wonderful with all temporary christmas help!
Great employer
Fixed Term Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work. Fast paced, yet fun. Would recommend to others seeking a job in customer service and those who like working with people.
LCBO makes work fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working here is a breath of fresh air. Different personalities yet they all seem to mesh as one. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to help and teach.
hard work but very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
This company excels when it comes to training in customer service. Wine courses and product tastings are always offered so employees will have greater knowledge of the products they sell.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management could really learn how to treat their employees
Winter Fixed Term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2016
It was great working there. I had a fair and great manager and the staff were helpful and very friendly.
The winter fixed term contract is too short, but there are prospects of re hiring in early March late February. But no guarentee.
Pros
fast pace time went fast
Cons
contract too short
Con't learining and fun work place
Customer Liaison (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2012
Learning new products and peering wines, sprits and beers with foods to help customers and restaurant owners make the right decision gives me a sense of fulfillment in this part time position. Being able to use hand held computers for store operations makes the job easier and interesting. Being able to fundraise while on cash duty also gives me a sense of community involvement. Protecting the community from underage and intoxicated customers by refusing sales gives me a sense of responsibility in this position. I take my job seriously so that I may be able to continue to learn and grow in this position.
Pros
free lunches, wine tasting and hourly rate of pay
Cons
not enough hours in one week much less the month based on senority
Excellent Government position, not your typical Call Center environment
CSR - hello LCBO (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioOctober 27, 2012
Fantastic co-workers and management. Not your typical call center environment. Very relaxing atmosphere and the pay is better than average.
Pros
praises from customers and management, employee recognition rewards, free lunches for a job well done.
Cons
being chained to your desk for very long periods of time (8 hours per day) due to wearing a headset.
A day in the life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
i did the store set up for the LCBO. i also showed excellent customer service. i also did cashier and stocked products i never missed one shift and i was alway on time
Pros
helping people
No, we do not get discounts on alcohol
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  GTAJanuary 14, 2013
Yes, you make a half decent wage but you work your butt off for it. I work at a small store and you do a bit of everything. 3 times a week we spend hours unloading trucks and putting away stock. If you think that continuously lifting 50-60 pound cases of booze is easy you are not over 50 like I am. Liquor stores, at least all of the ones that I have been at, are always busy so if you are on cash you never stop. Most people are nice, some are just rude but no more so than any other retail job. Having to tell people you can't serve them because they are intoxicated is difficult because their reactions vary. Some people are okay with it, most aren't. Most of my co-workers have always been okay. You have to work at the LCBO a minimum of five years before you qualify for any benefits and then you have to requalify every year, unless you are full time. It takes between 12 to 15 years to make full time.

All my managers, so far, have been great so I've been lucky. Not a bad part-time job at all.
Pros
good wage, good co-workers, decent management
Cons
heavy lifting, no benefits
Secure, but no room for advancement
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Wainfleet, ONMay 29, 2013
I currently work at an agency store, which means wearing many "hats", every day I am working in three different areas of the store, Avondale, Beer Store, LCBO and a Donut Diner.

I am looking for a change, where I can use my administrative skills, that will challenge me, and allow me to secure a long-term career.

The best part of this job is the regular customers, all the quirks that they come with. They make coming to work more enjoyable.
Pros
secure, stable 40 hours per week, flexible schedule
Cons
very draining, no consistency from management, revolving door of employees
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONDecember 15, 2015
Best job i've worked at. abosolutely no complaints about the LCBO. mgmt is great and they treat the staff as equals. the work expectations are the same as any retail job, focusing on costumer services in keyt. overall the LCBO is a great working experience
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
time goes by slow
overall being a labouer is physically hard work, but not mentally hard work
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 1, 2013
LCBO Warehouse is a good place to work, if your willing to work hard each day. Most of the co-workers are hard working men who are friendly and always willing to help their co-workers. LCBO has great management that care for their employees and their families. The hardest part of being a laborer is the job isn't mentally challenging. The most enjoyable part of being a laborer is knowing the each day you have to work hard in order to get the job done.
Pros
hard working employees
Cons
easy work
learning a lot about the wines
Cashier/Stock Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2013
This place was not a great place to work, yes the pay is good but as a "casual" employee which is part time, the hours were never guaranteed and most casuals work only night shifts through Thursday to Sunday. Not a lot of room for requests to be off. Management is usually on a high horse and uncooperative. Casuals do not have benefits and to become a full time employee takes anywhere from 10-12 years.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
the threat of always being robbed and dealing with intoxicated customers