LCBO

LCBO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Work Enviroment and Friendly Co Workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax OnApril 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
The LCBO is a great work experience that you can have. They are friendly towards each other and the customers that come in. They are always there to help customers when they need it.
Great part-time work opportunity
Clerk (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: chance to get full-time work
Cons: chance to be laid-off and pay-scale is average
If you like a job which keeps you busy and challenges your abilities at customer service and retail environments, the holiday season at the LCBO is exemplary.
great friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 20, 2013
absolutely loved working here wish it wasn't seasonal would of loved to be there longer
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Greeted customers, ran items through till, took payments.
another good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great hours, great place to work
Cons: seasonal help, not a good relationship with the manager
great job to have as long as you and the manager get along. employees are amazing... some customers were rude and some where very nice and knew exactly what they came in for.
Fast paced environment with friendly service and great respect among co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Friendly, fun place to work serving regular customers as well as new ones. Fast paced, high energy time during the Christmas holidays. Excellent reception from staff as a new comer. I seriously enjoyed my time there.
No, we do not get discounts on alcohol
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), GTAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: good wage, good co-workers, decent management
Cons: heavy lifting, no benefits
Yes, you make a half decent wage but you work your butt off for it. I work at a small store and you do a bit of everything. 3 times a week we spend hours unloading trucks and putting away stock. If you think that continuously lifting 50-60 pound cases of booze is easy you are not over 50 like I am. Liquor stores, at least all of the ones that I have – more... been at, are always busy so if you are on cash you never stop. Most people are nice, some are just rude but no more so than any other retail job. Having to tell people you can't serve them because they are intoxicated is difficult because their reactions vary. Some people are okay with it, most aren't. Most of my co-workers have always been okay. You have to work at the LCBO a minimum of five years before you qualify for any benefits and then you have to requalify every year, unless you are full time. It takes between 12 to 15 years to make full time.

All my managers, so far, have been great so I've been lucky. Not a bad part-time job at all. – less
Great overall enviorment
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Great employees and management. we made it our goal to make sure all costumers were satisfied
Great environment with exceptional co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2012
Pros: great employees
Cons: lack of advancement
The LCBO is a great company to work for because it has a great management team that works with their employees for a great work/life balance.

My typical day working for the LCBO was working behind the customer service desk handling large orders and helping customers. It also involved booking classes that the LCBO provided while multi tasking with the – more... phone and customer requests.

This job was fun because I was given many tasks to do so I was kept quite busy which made the day pass fast. The most enjoyable part of working at the LCBO was meeting and working alongside some fantastic individuals.

A downside to working for the LCBO is that it is hard to move from being a casual employee to a full time employee and can take many years for that progression to occur. – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Killaloe, ONNovember 9, 2012
Cons: working every weekend
Good place to work. Taught me valuable skills. Allowed me to work close to home. Only problem was lack of advancement, I am looking for more stable full time employment.
Excellent Government position, not your typical Call Center environment
CSR - hello LCBO (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 27, 2012
Pros: praises from customers and management, employee recognition rewards, free lunches for a job well done.
Cons: being chained to your desk for very long periods of time (8 hours per day) due to wearing a headset.
Fantastic co-workers and management. Not your typical call center environment. Very relaxing atmosphere and the pay is better than average.
fun and great place to work
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONOctober 22, 2012
Pros: free sample of liquors
Cons: i was a seasonal
- typical day at work would be help customer with there selection of liquor or beer.
- stocking shelves
- processing customers purchases and answering any questions they may have in regards to the product
Productive and staff very helpful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Queensway/ParklawnOctober 11, 2012
Pros: pay is more than minimum wage
Cons: only seasonal work available
Staff was easy to get along with, felt valued as an employee.
Great government job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 2, 2012
Pros: government job
Cons: union workers
Working with the LCBO was a great learning experience. And it helped me make a lot of decisions about the places I wanted to work later on in my life.
great place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: salary is decent
Cons: cant get a transfer to relocated area
Loved working for the LCBO. In the last 18yrs I have had
no complaints about this company, but recently I have
moved out of the Toronto area and am presently seeking
employment with this company but transferring seems to
be a real difficulty,
Customer Service Avondale (Former Employee), Vineland, ONSeptember 12, 2012
Very enjoyable place to work, great people, great management. Opprotunity for growth
fast paced
Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 5, 2012
I loved that it was fast paced and there was always something different to do, staff were great and always seeing new faces was good also,
Very competitive Pay
Sales/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 29, 2012
Pros: good pay
Cons: no commitment to hours
The LCBO is a fair place to work, the pay is fair and the work place is unionized. You can easily maintain any other life ambitions or goals.
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONAugust 9, 2012
Pros: product tastings
great people
learn alot about the products
helpful managers
Stable
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 31, 2012
Could provide better benefits and increased salary considering gross income of huge corporation

About LCBO

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is a provincial Crown corporation in Ontario, Canada. It is accountable to the Ministry – Read more