LCBO Employee Reviews

Perfect job for anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
See myself working for Lcbo in the future but needed time off and they would not grant it for me sad to say but I had to quit without wanting to.
Pros
Learning about all the products
Cons
The system could be better.
csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2016
forty hrs a week good days and bad
almost everything I could
they come and go people get moved around
good days and bad
dealing with some customers
enjoying helping peole
Aweful place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2016
Not a respected employer. Higher management can do what they want without repercussion. Very disappointed with unprofessional and discriminating treatment from senior management.
Pros
Cons
unfair treatment of employees
Great summer job for students
Customer Service Representative - Summer Fix-Term (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 September 2016
The LCBO was a good place to work, working retail there, the main focus is customer satisfaction and always serve the customer first.
Aweful experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON17 July 2016
Your hours are basically non negotiable. Benefits are not received for many years. Management is atrocious. Staff is mainly disgruntled and lack morale or interest. Not recommended.
Pros
Cons
Hours (sporadic and unreliable)
Very lovely work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 May 2016
Working at LCBO was very beneficial as I worked as a summer work term employee while going through school. It was a very good opportunity to advance my customer service skills as I dealt with a variety of customers and staff. I would recommend to anyone as a temporary job, but certainly not full time as they rarely have full time employees that receive benefits. Most of the people I worked with were still deemed part time after working at LCBO for 10+ years.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
An ok place to work. pays the bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
My normal day at work is everything and anything. master of everything reasonable for nothing

It really hard to know what i will be doing and what I'm suppose to do.

Thru my years of work, I have gained lots of information in the alcohol indrastry

When I started at the LCBO the management was amazing, kind, will to do what it takes to get things done and help staff, professional and personal. They really care.

Now in the current time, most of the managers are really disconnected from the staff. They never leave their desk.

My co-workers are the hardest part about the job. I could write a book on how bad they can be.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. My favorite of the customers is the homeless. The looks they give when I have treated them like that a human.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Co-workers
Senior Systems Analyst
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Good work life balance. Not great opportunities for advancement. Semi unionized environment makes it undesirable to be in junior or middle management.
Decent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2016
As a seasonal employee, you're paid quite a bit less than the permanent individuals there for doing what I felt like was a lot more work.
Regardless, they were friendly and tried to reduce your stress as much as possible. There was a Christmas potluck, which was nice.
-You get a LOT of hours depending on what you state your availability is
-You meet a lot of interesting (sometimes drunk) people, and learn to manage your stress in such a busy shop
-Permanent/casual re-hires are not as common as I would like
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Pros
accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons
on-call, tough hours, overnights
Fast paced environment and out going people to work with.
CSR, Cashier, Merchandising, Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
I was always the early, early bird to work. Never late for any of my shifts. I have an outgoing nature and great with people young and old. I was always there to assist my co-workers and customers. Management knew they could rely on me at all times. The hardest part of the job was being able to service and help everyone on a busy busy day. The best part of my job was seeing the faces of my co-workers and my customers too.
Pros
the money when the hours are there.
Cons
the lack hours due to seniority.
Fantastic Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2016
Great Benefits, friendly staff, lots of room to advance. Breaks were given, working environment was open, safe, easy. Takes some time to gain seniority, but if you're willing to put in the hours it's well worth it.
I work for the government and I'm on E.I.
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Southern Ontario25 October 2016
By far the most depressing job I've ever had. Hours can be plentiful in peak season, but in order to achieve 35 or so hours a week, I have to work every day of the week. Off season, hours drop to about one or two 4 or 5 hour shifts in a week. Senior employees can be a pleasure to work with but most are not. The mentality of rushing to get product on the shelf is job one to many staff; fearful that management will scold them if a job is left undone. There are never enough staff to finish all the jobs safely, neatly and efficiently. Too many people with back, shoulder, hip, and feet issues.
Benefits take 5 years to take effect, and that's only if you work a set minimum number of hours over the course of the year, which most people do not. Full time positions are non existent and take about 12 years to get.
Warehouse spaces are over crowded with inventory in peak seasons. Work space in back of house is too small for power lift equipment. Adequate time to review mandatory documents and training sessions (iLearn) is not provided. We must basically sign off on many documents that remove the LCBO from any liability with no time to review and understand them completely.
excellent environment, great coordinator
Culinary Instructor and Chef for product demos (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 April 2016
Chefs must purchase their ingredients and prep the food. We are reimbursed for the supplies however we must stay within a budget. the events room coordinator is very out going and easy to get along with. The assistants are just as friendly and willing to help.
Pros
able to cook your own menu
Cons
have to do own shopping
Fast paced and multi-faceted place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2016
At the beginning of each shift you count your till, and organize your till. Then you begin to organize and make the store look presentable. While doing this, I am also handling customers, dealing with returns or exchanges and providing friendly, efficient service.
Productive place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2016
i liked working there. management and stuffs are fun to work with.its a great place to work. i wish my contract was a little bit longer.
Summer Contract Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON14 April 2016
Working as a summer contract employee was great! I worked june-september and enjoyed every bit of it. Work shifts were either 5 or 8 hours and typically worked cash and stocked shelves. No weekends off, as a contract employee which was hard, gave little free time to enjoy the summer.
Wonderful Team Envirionment
Administrative Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Lake shore Head office9 May 2016
Great work attitude and wonderful life balance. I only wish this could have turned into a full time position! Really enjoyed working here!
Pros
Excellent Compensation, and Life Balance
Cons
Was only contract
Productive and Active
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON15 June 2016
Please see my Résumé as it details a regular working day My coworkers made the day go by quickly. Manager was there to over seen the day.
fun busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2016
good place to work, sometimes gets hectic but overall a good job
have to have good customer skills, be good with people ]
good coworkers range from young to old