LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun and busy
Retail /Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 6, 2015
Loved working at the location I was at, my co workers were very helpful and accepting and the store I was at was very well run
Pros
Had the first hand of all new products and very easy to keep up to assist customers with choices
Cons
It was just a seasonal very part time job
Alright Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount ForestOctober 6, 2015
Only offer summer jobs anymore....definitely hard to get in full time, or even part time. Barely gave any hours all summer (10-15 on a good week). Not worth the hassle.
Well run family business with friendly service.
Manual Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kinburn, ONSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time working here and am still technically employed but my hours have been reduced as other staff have returned and have increased availability over me.
Pros
Able to purchase lunch on site.
Cons
Only part time hours were available.
Enjoyed my co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Niagara FallsSeptember 23, 2015
I loved working at the LCBO on Victoria ave. My favourite part was stocking the shelves and helping customers. The only draw back was it was a contract job.
Monopolistic Joke
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 14, 2015
Union philosophy throughout the organisation, horrible upper management uses bully tactics on store managers, expected workload hampered by "Policy a week" standards. Zero management training or backup from District Managers.
No reward for hard work and no incentives for employees. Supply chain management is a joke, with no accountability from anyone in charge.
Pros
Okay salary
Cons
Too many to list. Run, run fast from this pseudo company
great palce
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deep River, ONAugust 29, 2015
this job was fun, lots of work but fun. the staff is small and therefore everyone gets along. The manger is great, very easy to talk to.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Person (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2015
Co workers are fun
Lots of overtime during holiday season
Good location to work in and around?
So cool to work there
Ability to work with others whether it be staff or customers
Casual CSR - Part Time (Current Employee) –  OakvilleJuly 19, 2015
I enjoy having the ability to help others find what they are looking and/or giving them my input into on new items. The staff are fantastic to work with and learning from them are great! The store manager is fantastic and is very informative!
Pros
The staff and customers
Cons
Not enough hours
A fun and stress-free environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 3, 2015
An employee friendly environment that offers flexible hours. Provides excellent training. Management is supportive towards employees.
Productive work place
Invoicing Clerk / Receptionist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
A typical day at the LCBO fun interaction with customers about there orders that they came to pick up. Every day i learn something new from the from my co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job is letting the customers know that there out of stock. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer get there liquor on time and they leave there with a happy face
Great Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2015
LCBO was a great work environment. Working at LCBO allowed me to advance my knowledge in product and sales. I also became more confident with my customer service skills which is crucial in any environment that involves dealing with customers/staff/employees etc.
Pros
good job oppurtunity
Cons
difficult to advance in a secure title when working part time/seasonal
hard work but very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
This company excels when it comes to training in customer service. Wine courses and product tastings are always offered so employees will have greater knowledge of the products they sell.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management could really learn how to treat their employees
Fun Workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoMay 9, 2015
Great work environment. I learned a lot and my co-workers were great. The hardest part was the strict deadlines and the most enjoyable part was the research and analysis part.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Fun, productive place to work.
Wine Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Kingston, onMay 7, 2015
This is easily one of the best jobs I have ever had! I get paid well over min. wage to talk about wine and offer samples.
The downside is even if suppliers love you they still don't schedule enough events to cover rent so you do need another job.
This ISN'T for someone that is not a self starter. You have to set up and take down the event, ensure you're on time, ensure product is in and count product, track sales, and greet everyone who walks into the LCBO.
There is no manager that directly works for luma in the store so you must be able to work well unsupervised.
If you're not a self motivated person you WILL NOT survive here. If you spend all your time on your mobile when you should be selling; you WILL NOT survive here.
If you can't document everything, finish invoicing and reports then you will also not get paid or survive here.
If you are a friendly, chatty self-starter like me. You will excel at and adore this job!
Pros
Fun, Amazing job!
Cons
Not enough events, 3-5/month even when you are a very good seller.
Stocking shelves, opening boxes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Due to the nature of working at the LCBO, being government operated, there was a lot of hierarchy and since it was a union environment that hired seasonal help, it made it difficult to advance to a more secure job title.
Meh
CSR (Current Employee) –  ottawaMay 5, 2015
ive been working with the LCBO and it had to be the most unstable job I have ever had. The hours were great to start (35 hours a week) but than you start getting bumped (hours are based on seniority) and now I'm getting 9 hours a week if I'm lucky. Its hard to advance, people have been working with the LCBO for 10 years and are still casual workers. I think its stupid if you don't speak french it'll take an average of 10 years to get a full-time position but if you do speak french it'll take an average of 4 years to get full time. Managers of the store change often.

Great for students or if you have a second job.
Pros
Pay is great for retail job, gain knowledge on products, tastings
Cons
hard to advance, seniority base, no protection for casuals, getting bumped hours often
A good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2015
A good work environment. The staff were extremely friendly and there are plenty of opportunities to advance within the LCBO.
Comfortable work enviroment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work would include, helping customers, cashing them out and counting my till at the end of my shift.
I learned customer service skills and also about the inventory.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
Not what was promised
Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 6, 2015
At the interview and training session, I was led to believe this could lead to more permanent or at least casual work. After the 1st shift talking with tenured employees it was evident this was not the case.
Most tenured employees were not friendly just watched the clock for breaks and generally avoided any issue that would make for more work.
Just look busy was the mantra.
Pros
heated store
Cons
poor training at store, not a good culture
Great job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 24, 2015
The LCBO was a great job. It was hard to get in full time but I wish I would have never left. People were great and the time there didn't always seem like work because I enjoyed my time there.