LCBO Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Awesome
Customer Service representative- Contract (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 May 2017
I wish my time there was for more than just a seasonal contract. The other staff were great, loved the job. If you can stick it out long enough to get a full-time position, a great career.
Fast paced
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON5 May 2017
LCBO warehouse is a fast paced, friendly environment. Teamwork and individual dedication is extrewmely imortant here to meet deadlines and kkep up with the demand.
Excellent place to work - great staff and corporate culture
Solutions Architect (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2017
Challenging environment with a broad variety of technologies deployed. Stimulating work environment and great support from management and executives on technology roadmap
Pros
On site cafeteria
good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Good secure job, hours vary on location and ranking. Management is nice but that also depends on location, but where I am they are pretty good. Union so job is secure for most part.
They don't want Smart people working there who will question their methods
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London Region25 April 2017
I don't understand how ANYONE could say this is a relaxing, good place to work
our hours have been slashed, with 11 years at the lcbo I get 4 and 6 hour shifts, to gain a 40 hour week we must work 7 days a week, they don't want full time employees, so again with 11 years I am still a casual employee, we work hurt, we work short staffed, we have NO sick days ,we get no managerial support, there is NO work - life balance...great place to work...I think not
Pros
they only pro to working her, we get to read the Food & Drink Magazine a week before the public does
Cons
no work - life balance, No sick days, short shifts, never a 40 hour week, work 7 days a week
Relaxed working environment!
ITSM Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 April 2017
Generally, a good place to work. LCBO management provides relaxed working environment. However, being a govt institution chance of growth is very limited.
Ok for a summer job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mactier, ON20 April 2017
Fun job and work environment but the pay isn't great for the responsibility involved. I worked on contract as a summer student job and was forced to pay union dues which sucked because contract employees aren't even mentioned in the union manual (and therefore are probably not protected at all by the union.) Also, they DO NOT give references even if you do a fantastic job. Heard LCBO is good for full-time permanent hires.
Pros
Learning about and getting to test different beverages, meeting lots of people
Cons
Long hours standing, some heavy lifting, no references given for contract employees
hard on the back
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pointe-au-baril-station, ON12 April 2017
Great place to pick up part time work, nice wage if you can pick up a close shift. the training is a bit boring unless you like drinking I guess. You could never be bored at work lots to do.
Pros
staff pick of week samples
Cons
Heavy lifting
Not the right place for me
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
Working in an unionized environment is interesting and the collective agreement is currently being renegotiated. As a cashier, your job is easy. Not a lot of independent thinking required. New pay grid and advancement will make pay rises extremely challenging. As it is currently, it could take up to 10 years to get full time employment. There are no benefits for casual employees until they have 5 years of service. This job is secure but not challenging. There is a lot of product knowledge required which is how I've managed to say moderately invested in work. Scheduling is done based on seniority so expect to work every weekend and holiday for at least a year.
Pros
job security
Cons
hours, wages, opportunities for advancement
worst company ever!
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2017
One of worst companies I have ever worked for. I don't even want to waste any more time talking about them. They are company that should probably be privatized and converted into a real company where management would most likely treat their people much better.

Want to know more about LCBO?

Ask a question
Generally a good atmosphere !
seasonal employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2017
Good place to work in my limited experience. Fun staff. Will learn about liquor, wines and beer. Recommended. It's retail but a defined sector and there are opportunities for advancement.
pretty good
cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockland, ON7 April 2017
The hardest part of this job was the employees. No one was friendly and felt unwelcomed. The best typical day I had working at L.C.B.O was during the holidays! Epic! Line up was crazy people were in a rush, stressed, anxious and no patience but one customer at a time. Keep smiling :)
Many changes to the work place to being safer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 April 2017
Ever since wine and beer came into the grocery stores to work place hasn't been great. If you're looking for a part-time job for little extra cash it's great but trying to make a career out of this takes too long. The wait time right now for full-time is about 14 years
Pros
Great part time job
Cons
Long wait for full time position
Terrible managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario5 April 2017
in my experience the union keeps employees who don't do work and fire hard workers, as well as very inconsistent hours if any at all, with management being awful too.
Pros
some good coworkers
Cons
mostly bad management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2017
I have been with the lcbo for many enjoyable years and now looking to see what's out there for other opportunities. I have opportunity to use my skills on a daily basis.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Working late
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2017
A typical day is spent with giving Outstanding Customer Service,
whether on the sales floor or on cash. I have learned about wines, beer and alcohol. I have learned to run a cash and challenge underage or intoxicated individuals and do it professionally. The management is great and it is a good culture. The hardest part of the job is dealing with intoxicated individuals. The most enjoyable part of the the job is dealing with the customers and building relationships with them.
Pros
great customers and environment
Cons
intoxicated individuals
LCBO - Awesome expeirence working in public sector
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
I worked at LCBO for more than a year and I learned a lot here. I really appreciate my team members for such a great work culture and good place to work in,
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
Great customer service provided to every customer, and giving them great information on products that they are not familiar with. I get to grow as an employee learning new things and i take the initiative to learn more things.
interpersonal environment
Quality Assurance Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 March 2017
hands on. learned to label. manager was friendly. had a good time felt comfortable with fellow employees. downtown area was nice, by the lake at lunch time
Customer Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
My responsibilities included helping customers with their products, being informative of the product, opening and closing the cash tills and being a cashier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCBO. Our community is ready to answer.