LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Warehouse Person (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2015
Co workers are fun
Lots of overtime during holiday season
Good location to work in and around?
So cool to work there
Comfortable work enviroment.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONApril 8, 2015
A typical day at work would include, helping customers, cashing them out and counting my till at the end of my shift.
I learned customer service skills and also about the inventory.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy boxes.
The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
A fun and stress-free environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 3, 2015
An employee friendly environment that offers flexible hours. Provides excellent training. Management is supportive towards employees.
Stocking shelves, opening boxes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2015
Due to the nature of working at the LCBO, being government operated, there was a lot of hierarchy and since it was a union environment that hired seasonal help, it made it difficult to advance to a more secure job title.
Fun, productive place to work.
Wine Demonstrator (Current Employee), Kingston, onMay 7, 2015
Pros: Fun, Amazing job!
Cons: Not enough events, 3-5/month even when you are a very good seller.
This is easily one of the best jobs I have ever had! I get paid well over min. wage to talk about wine and offer samples.
The downside is even if suppliers love you they still don't schedule enough events to cover rent so you do need another job.
This ISN'T for someone that is not a self starter. You have to set up and take down the event, ensure you're on time, ensure product is in and count product, track sales, and greet everyone who walks into the LCBO.
There is no manager that directly works for luma in the store so you must be able to work well unsupervised.
If you're not a self motivated person you WILL NOT survive here. If you spend all your time on your mobile when you should be selling; you WILL NOT survive here.
If you can't document everything, finish invoicing and reports then you will also not get paid or survive here.
If you are a friendly, chatty self-starter like me. You will excel at and adore this job!
Government owned beverage alcohol retailer in Canada
Senior Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: decent hourly wage
Cons: no hours for new employees and as time goes on less and less full time positions are available.
The LCBO is a publicly owned beverage alcohol retailer in Ontario Canada. Experience within the company varies with your luck. There is no guarantee of hours or salary. You can learn everything from how to run a business to absolutely nothing. I was fortunately and learned as much as I could about running a store.
Lcbo
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great place to work
Cons: always on your feet
During my time at the LCBO Ancaster, i learned a lot of things abut the product and helping the customer to the best of your ability. Managers would give us the necessary training and help that we needed to succed in the workplace. A typical day at work would include of, stocking the product and helping the customers when they need it. Helping customers may include: helping a customer find a product, helping a customer carry their purchase to their car and also if a spill or breakage occurs clean it up and make sure you put out the caution signs. Further more, the most enjoyable part of the job is helping out the customer find what they are looking for. As for the hardest part of the job, i would have to say knowing all the different types of wine and alchohol and where they are located in the store.
Fun Workplace
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoMay 9, 2015
Pros: Free luches
Cons: Long hours
Great work environment. I learned a lot and my co-workers were great. The hardest part was the strict deadlines and the most enjoyable part was the research and analysis part.
Professional, organized and safe workplace
CSR/Fixed Term (Former Employee), Bowmanville, ONJanuary 25, 2015
Shift schedules and duties were organized.
Management and fellow staff are easy to get along with and mesh well as a team.
Working at one of the busiest times of the year is and exciting experience.
All co-workers are friendly and easy to work with and all willing to help each other out.
Wow
(Temporary Seasonal) Material Handler (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: money
Great place to work! The management team is easy to work with and takes the time to understand you. The most enjoyable part of Value Village is working with all these great people and delevoping friendships with them that will last a live time. I would recommend working here to anyone who wants to advance in life. sdcs
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 2, 2014
Being a LCBO employee is not very complicated. I usually get a 4 hrs shift, mostly Fridays and Saturdays. It is a great job because I have the opportunity to interact with various customers. The hardest part about being a CSR is when you refuse customers. Either for being intoxicated, underage or for second party purchase. Some customers with bad attitude mostly swear at you and call you names. Overall the job is enjoyable, the co-workers and managers are understanding and supportive.
depends on the day productive some and other not so
Labourer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
Pros: knowing what new booze was coming through other then that nothing
a normal day at works held lots of laughs and got alot done alot of work some times to much . i learned how to tie a new knot . management was a joke most of the time. co workers were awesome got along great with everyone . the hardest part was a place called jack pot were the overflow of the shipping lines went and it was usually full cause there was always to much work and not enough ppl . most enjoyable part was lunch and when i got a nice easy line to my self .
Fun, Hard Work.
Winter Fixed Term (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Working in a busy fast paced environment is a lot of fun but it is hard work. The holiday season was always busy. I learned how to interact with customers on a personal level. Through conversation, getting to know the type of products they liked and what regions their products come from.
Great job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 24, 2015
The LCBO was a great job. It was hard to get in full time but I wish I would have never left. People were great and the time there didn't always seem like work because I enjoyed my time there.
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, very laidback
Cons: limited hours, limited consistency
The LCBO can be ver frustrating for anyone who is interested in the wine and spirits industry, job advancement is really hard because of seniority. Learning to work with difficult team memebrs is a good skill to have, but it can be extremely frustrating when you're on the clock
A good work environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONApril 18, 2015
A good work environment. The staff were extremely friendly and there are plenty of opportunities to advance within the LCBO.
Seasonal
Seasonal help for Christmas (Former Employee), Hamilton, OnJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: the pay was good
Cons: the job was made for mindless people, just constantly ringing in cutstomers
I was strictly a cashier for seasonal work
I also did cleaning
Inventory at the end of the night
Counting Cash at end of shift and balancing till
Boring, repetitive job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 30, 2014
A typical day at work is standing at a cash register for hours on end with the occasion break to stock shelves. Very little chance for advancement or learning opportunities. I work with people who have 16+ years on the job and they are still considered "casual".
Postivie
Cashier/Customer Service/Product Sampler (Current Employee), BramptonMarch 2, 2015
LCBO is an environment that allows you to meet various people, learn a lot about different products and build customer service skills.
Stable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
I generally begin my day by counting my cash til. I then ask my superiors what tasks need to be completed for the day. This can include but not limited to: stock, diverts, cycle counts, cashier til set ups, counting the safe, facing the store etc. I maintain a high level of customer service from the minute i enter and leave the premises. I engage in conversation with all customers and aid them in finding the product most suitable to their needs. I enjoy engaging in conversations with my coworkers and try to make a light and friendly work atmosphere.
Headquarters