LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

A day in the life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
i did the store set up for the LCBO. i also showed excellent customer service. i also did cashier and stocked products i never missed one shift and i was alway on time
Pros
helping people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
It was a great place to work

It was a very busy time of year to work at the LCBO but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The staff was wonderful with all temporary christmas help!
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Cashier, handling stock (Former Employee) –  Buckhorn, ONOctober 8, 2015
The LCBO gave me a lot of reponsibility which was a good learning experience for me. While taking the job of serving alcohol in a safe envornment my co-workers always made me feel welcome. It was always fun to go to work. I enjoyed keeping busy and having the opportunity to take on different tasks every shift.
LCBO makes work fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working here is a breath of fresh air. Different personalities yet they all seem to mesh as one. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to help and teach.
Great employer
Fixed Term Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work. Fast paced, yet fun. Would recommend to others seeking a job in customer service and those who like working with people.
Monopolistic Joke
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 14, 2015
Union philosophy throughout the organisation, horrible upper management uses bully tactics on store managers, expected workload hampered by "Policy a week" standards. Zero management training or backup from District Managers.
No reward for hard work and no incentives for employees. Supply chain management is a joke, with no accountability from anyone in charge.
Pros
Okay salary
Cons
Too many to list. Run, run fast from this pseudo company
get a good experience
Electrician (Current Employee) –  yonge st and bay stMarch 22, 2016
get a good experience to how to rebuilt a new store and finish all equipment and all store lighting.I finished that job only with another one worker
not reccomended
Print and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Not the most welcoming place to work at, very political and for a multi billion dollar company they are very un-organized
Love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  KitchenerMay 15, 2016
Great place to work, able to be flexible with my schedule and great coworkers. Hours were good, and shifts were always fast paced
Review.
C.S.R (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
I started out as a seasonal employee, it was a fun place to work. I was at the Coxwell location and everyone there were a blast to woork with.
Fun and busy
Retail /Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 6, 2015
Loved working at the location I was at, my co workers were very helpful and accepting and the store I was at was very well run
Pros
Had the first hand of all new products and very easy to keep up to assist customers with choices
Cons
It was just a seasonal very part time job
Great place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Mostly on cash during the day
management was great
hardest part of the job was refusing alcohol to minors and intoxicated people
Productive and fun
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2015
It's a typical day at work. I learned. The boss managed. No co-workers. The hardest part was the job. The most enjoyable part of the was getting it done.
Pros
Your hungry for lunch.
Cons
Very long hours
Well run family business with friendly service.
Manual Labourer (Current Employee) –  Kinburn, ONSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoyed my time working here and am still technically employed but my hours have been reduced as other staff have returned and have increased availability over me.
Pros
Able to purchase lunch on site.
Cons
Only part time hours were available.
fun people
Cashier and Served under strict standards (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 19, 2015
Lots of great training
start by getting in on seasonal.
fun to learn a lot about the alcohol and wines

people are fun to be around.
easy computer system to learn
Great family environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2015
A great place to help customers find what they need in many different categories and giving them the happy accomplished feeling from their shopping experience.
Ability to work with others whether it be staff or customers
Casual CSR - Part Time (Current Employee) –  OakvilleJuly 19, 2015
I enjoy having the ability to help others find what they are looking and/or giving them my input into on new items. The staff are fantastic to work with and learning from them are great! The store manager is fantastic and is very informative!
Pros
The staff and customers
Cons
Not enough hours
fast paced,friendly place to work
Cashier, Sales Associate, LCBO (Former Employee) –  London, ONOctober 30, 2015
it was a seasonal job, fast paced environment, loved working there because it was always busy during the holidays when I worked
Productive work place
Invoicing Clerk / Receptionist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
A typical day at the LCBO fun interaction with customers about there orders that they came to pick up. Every day i learn something new from the from my co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job is letting the customers know that there out of stock. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer get there liquor on time and they leave there with a happy face
Great Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2015
LCBO was a great work environment. Working at LCBO allowed me to advance my knowledge in product and sales. I also became more confident with my customer service skills which is crucial in any environment that involves dealing with customers/staff/employees etc.
Pros
good job oppurtunity
Cons
difficult to advance in a secure title when working part time/seasonal