LCBO

LCBO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Contract Customer Service Rrepresentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Trenton, ONAugust 8, 2013
Pros: co-workers, job security
Cons: working every night and weekend makes a tough work/family balance
Co-workers are amazing, such a great team! Hours are unpredictable. You have to check the scehdule every time you go in because they may have changed something. This makes it hard to schedule life with kids. Extremely long wait to become full-time. Lots of opportunity to learn!
awesome
customer service (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 7, 2013
a typical day at work: stock and serve
what you learned: about wine etc
management: awesome
your co-workers: loved them
the hardest part of the job: standing long hours
the most enjoyable part of the job: recommending wine
Very fun to work there as the sky was the limit for sales
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: lots of trade shows to go to met vintners from all over the world
Cons: driving to the gta sometimes 4-6 hours a day!
I would start early every day to clear my paperwork so that I would have time to work with the staff and help the customers. I learned a lot about product selection and inventory control. My coworkers varied in age dramatically but I found that no issue as I treated all the staff the same. The hardest part was stopping some of them for drinking on the – more... job! The best part was helping customers with their large orders and picking out various wines that would correctly pair off with food that the customers were looking for. The one store I managed in TO on Christmas week we hit a million in sales on the Thursday with 3 big sales day to go. We were one of only a few in the entire company to achieve this. – less
Positive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 14, 2013
It is a fun place to work, customers are friendly but the only down side is the hours.
Fun workplace
Fixed Term/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 6, 2013
Pros: nice and friendly coworkers, great manager
Cons: not enough hours, short shifts
I work with many kind and caring people at the LCBO who all treated me with respect. My only wish is that I could be given more hours and longer shifts but unfortunately there are no current part or full time positions available.
Fun and Secure workplace with caring and supportive management
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2013
Pros: staff work well together and help one another
Cons: unpleasant customers
Good work environment, mornings can be slow pace but evenings and weekends are definitely busy.
Learned how to handle complicated situations
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 5, 2013
My responsibilities included cashing customers out, and making sure the store was kept clean and organized. The work environment was a positive one, and there was good communication between all employees. The hardest part of the job was having to learn all the information about all the different types of liquor and products sold at the store, the most – more... enjoyable part was getting to learn new information about products and customer service that could help me with future jobs. – less
General Manger
General Manager (Former Employee), cambridgeMay 27, 2013
Pros: compensation package
9-6, learned alot about managing in the union.
co- workers and peers were amazing
Hard working with union people
enjoyed with wine rep's and customers
Awesome co-workers and great manager and fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 9, 2013
Pros: fun and learned lots about lcbo
Cons: seasonal - you have to re-apply every year
Christmas time was a great experience, all the customers were in wonderful and giving mood. Most bought our lcbo products and donated to charities like Salvation Army Vol. or our charity money boxes. The manager was a great leader who ensured we all felt comfortable and had an open door policy. The co-workers were welcoming and informative. The hardest – more... part of the job was learning where the different sections of the store were.,eg.wines, beer, imported.,local, liquors,etc .,so I could be efficient in answering customers questions as well as stocking shelves which emptied quickly throughout the Xmas holidays. Extreme lineups had to be dealt with in a very quick and efficient,yet friendly and detail oriented fashion. I enjoyed the many different types of people I got to meet and greet throughout my shifts. – less
productive, everyone works as a team
Cashier (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: sample of wines
-cashier, assist customers, stock product

-management are friendly, co-workers are helpful

-what I enjoyed most was meeting new people and working with friendly staff

-most difficult, unhappy customers, when asked for ID
LCBO management perspective
Store Manager (Former Employee), OntarioMay 7, 2013
Pros: relatively secure
Cons: governmental oversight is difficult
It is an extremely fast paced retail environment. Goals are achievable but at extreme limit of efforts. Pays well and is relatively secure. Advancement is not easy. Long long time frame to achieve full time employment. Unionized environment and government operated. Staff performance is mixed at best.
Fair salary.
Casual CSR (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 3, 2013
Very public position with high onus on social awareness. Sporadic schedule with minimal opportunities for long-term career growth.
Good as a stepping stone to get familiar with customer-relationships
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 2, 2013
A great job opportunity for those students out there! Easy to manage a positive work/life balance and maintain school.
Fantastic work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 20, 2013
Pros: customers and co-workers were great
Cons: very fast paced environment
Working at the LCBO, you generally have the same clientele (especially on Friday nights). I've been working as a seasonal employee for the past three years at Christmas so it was extremely busy.
Great Work Enviroment and Friendly Co Workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax OnApril 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
The LCBO is a great work experience that you can have. They are friendly towards each other and the customers that come in. They are always there to help customers when they need it.
Great part-time work opportunity
Clerk (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: chance to get full-time work
Cons: chance to be laid-off and pay-scale is average
If you like a job which keeps you busy and challenges your abilities at customer service and retail environments, the holiday season at the LCBO is exemplary.
great friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 20, 2013
absolutely loved working here wish it wasn't seasonal would of loved to be there longer
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Greeted customers, ran items through till, took payments.
another good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great hours, great place to work
Cons: seasonal help, not a good relationship with the manager
great job to have as long as you and the manager get along. employees are amazing... some customers were rude and some where very nice and knew exactly what they came in for.
Fast paced environment with friendly service and great respect among co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Friendly, fun place to work serving regular customers as well as new ones. Fast paced, high energy time during the Christmas holidays. Excellent reception from staff as a new comer. I seriously enjoyed my time there.

About LCBO

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is a provincial Crown corporation in Ontario, Canada. It is accountable to the Ministry – Read more