LCBO Employee Reviews

Fantastic Place to work all around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 February 2017
I worked for the LCBO for several years and found it to be a progressive, innovative organization. The LCBO provided external educational opportunities and financing.
Government bureaucracy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2017
Each day comes with new challenges but, is definitely a great opportunity to learn. It has provided me a thick skin from individuals who have called me every name in the book. Although it takes a while to progress, It is a great secure job.
An ok place to work. pays the bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2016
My normal day at work is everything and anything. master of everything reasonable for nothing

It really hard to know what i will be doing and what I'm suppose to do.

Thru my years of work, I have gained lots of information in the alcohol indrastry

When I started at the LCBO the management was amazing, kind, will to do what it takes to get things done and help staff, professional and personal. They really care.

Now in the current time, most of the managers are really disconnected from the staff. They never leave their desk.

My co-workers are the hardest part about the job. I could write a book on how bad they can be.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. My favorite of the customers is the homeless. The looks they give when I have treated them like that a human.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Co-workers
Overall I enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2016
I found it very difficult to advance my career here despite being an extremely knowledgeable seasonal employee who has a strong relationship with the customers. Everyone goes insane over the pay its really only $1 more than the minimum wage which isn't bad but not all the big hype. However I assume when hired as a part-timer it will be a little higher. They make you work hard, and make sure you earn every dollar they pay you. It's a very demanding job but overall all the people are wonderful and to the contrary I loved my boss! They have a wonderful team dynamic that makes you feel safe, they are quick to support you and back you up in every situation. Sometimes company reps come in with wines, and spirits to sample along with free food or snacks which was awesome. However, other than the sampling also contrary to popular belief NO FREE ALCOHOL. I have no complaints about that but it's not a real thing. Hours are long, stores are packed especially on holidays and long weekends none of which you will ever have off for any reason at all. So all that being said if you're not willing to sacrifice all your evenings, weekends and holidays for the summer and are ready to work your butt of then this is for you. I did a summer once and definitely won't do it again but it was a wonderful growing experience. Getting part time is next to impossible, but that is the only time I would ever work there again because of increased pay and slightly more leverage to ask for a day or two off.
Pros
great people, great management, free samples, free food
Cons
long days, extremely busy, very demanding, minimal chance of advancement
Fun and encouraging environment to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nobleton, ON31 January 2017
Great place to work, loving environment, would defiantly recommend to an individual wanting to get in the retail or customer service industry. My team at Nobleton was amazing.
Pros
Communication, flexibility, good hours
Cons
some physical labour
fun workplace and people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2017
stayed at cash for majority of the time, the coworkers were fun and made you feel comfotable quick. the managemnet was really nice and understanding and switching shifts was really weasy as well.
not the best
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ON11 February 2017
Can you spell MICRO MANAGE...You have to have aa second opinion on anything and everything you do. The company is the most wasteful I have ever seen.
Pros
few and far between
Cons
Micro managed
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2017
Great customer service provided to every customer, and giving them great information on products that they are not familiar with. I get to grow as an employee learning new things and i take the initiative to learn more things.
Wonderful work environment and coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 January 2017
A job that was always a surprise but never disappointing. Can be difficult to keep up with but allowed me to gain confidence in my ability to socially interact with customers and co workers in a professional manner
Pros
Government Job
Cons
Not guaranteed hours
Great work.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2017
The time I spent with the company, was valuable and educational. It was hard work, with great colleagues. I'm appreciative that they gave me the opportunity.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2017
This was a very good experience although it was a fix term it was great, and hopefully opens the door for me in the future for further employment with the company
Pros
great experience
Cons
only fix term
Great team
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 February 2017
Great place for temporary work. Learned a lot about dealing with and knowing the signs of impairment. Also learned a lot about wines, spirits, and international beers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON14 February 2017
It's a great place to work, with lots of friendly co-workers. The pay is in my opinion perfect for the amount of work and customers you deal with on a daily basis.
Fun place to work
Casual Part time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2017
I had the experience to work alongside some really fun people. The LCBO tam is awesome & very polite, friendly & outgoing. I would always be thrill to go back & work there.
Pros
Sampling the alcohol
Cons
Not enough hours
Aweful place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2016
Not a respected employer. Higher management can do what they want without repercussion. Very disappointed with unprofessional and discriminating treatment from senior management.
Pros
Cons
unfair treatment of employees
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
A typical day at work requires a lot of customer service which also requires extensive product knowledge. Not only do I serve customers on the floor but also on cash. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn something new each day.
Great place to work, friendly, fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON23 January 2017
Holiday fixed December 2016 5th – 31st
Maintained excellent customer service while stocking shelves
Cashier, handling merchandise / money
Opening and closing procedures
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
The atmosphere is great , wonderful people , great pay but hours need to be more consistent, making sure current staff is at max hours before hiring more would be good
Customer Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2017
My responsibilities included helping customers with their products, being informative of the product, opening and closing the cash tills and being a cashier.
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Pros
accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons
on-call, tough hours, overnights

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCBO. Our community is ready to answer.