LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
work environment is not good at LCBO Private Ordering
Clerk, Private Ordering (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: no pros in this company
Cons: work through lunch without pay
I like the actual job/work which is data entry and payment. Management is so disorganized. Supervisor is very rude and unprofessional. Co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is lack of proper training.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: time goes by slow
Best job i've worked at. abosolutely no complaints about the LCBO. mgmt is great and they treat the staff as equals. the work expectations are the same as any retail job, focusing on costumer services in keyt. overall the LCBO is a great working experience
Productive and fun
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Your hungry for lunch.
Cons: Very long hours
It's a typical day at work. I learned. The boss managed. No co-workers. The hardest part was the job. The most enjoyable part of the was getting it done.
fun people
Cashier and Served under strict standards (Former Employee), London, ONNovember 19, 2015
Lots of great training
start by getting in on seasonal.
fun to learn a lot about the alcohol and wines

people are fun to be around.
easy computer system to learn
Great family environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2015
A great place to help customers find what they need in many different categories and giving them the happy accomplished feeling from their shopping experience.
fast paced,friendly place to work
Cashier, Sales Associate, LCBO (Former Employee), London, ONOctober 30, 2015
it was a seasonal job, fast paced environment, loved working there because it was always busy during the holidays when I worked
productive and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Coniston, ONOctober 25, 2015
Pros: meet man new people
Cons: none
excellent place to work. I had the opportunity to meet many people, loved the work environment and the other staff I worked with. I learned a great deal what to help customers with in making selections. It can become a very busy place especially during holiday/long weekend times, but in general, it was an absolute pleasure to work there.
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Cashier, handling stock (Former Employee), Buckhorn, ONOctober 8, 2015
The LCBO gave me a lot of reponsibility which was a good learning experience for me. While taking the job of serving alcohol in a safe envornment my co-workers always made me feel welcome. It was always fun to go to work. I enjoyed keeping busy and having the opportunity to take on different tasks every shift.
Fun and busy
Retail /Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee), Barrie, ONOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Had the first hand of all new products and very easy to keep up to assist customers with choices
Cons: It was just a seasonal very part time job
Loved working at the location I was at, my co workers were very helpful and accepting and the store I was at was very well run
Alright Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mount ForestOctober 6, 2015
Only offer summer jobs anymore....definitely hard to get in full time, or even part time. Barely gave any hours all summer (10-15 on a good week). Not worth the hassle.
Well run family business with friendly service.
Manual Labourer (Current Employee), Kinburn, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Able to purchase lunch on site.
Cons: Only part time hours were available.
I enjoyed my time working here and am still technically employed but my hours have been reduced as other staff have returned and have increased availability over me.
Enjoyed my co workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Niagara FallsSeptember 23, 2015
I loved working at the LCBO on Victoria ave. My favourite part was stocking the shelves and helping customers. The only draw back was it was a contract job.
Monopolistic Joke
Store Manager (Former Employee), OntarioSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Okay salary
Cons: Too many to list. Run, run fast from this pseudo company
Union philosophy throughout the organisation, horrible upper management uses bully tactics on store managers, expected workload hampered by "Policy a week" standards. Zero management training or backup from District Managers.
No reward for hard work and no incentives for employees. Supply chain management is a joke, with no accountability from anyone in charge.
great palce
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Deep River, ONAugust 29, 2015
this job was fun, lots of work but fun. the staff is small and therefore everyone gets along. The manger is great, very easy to talk to.
Fun place to work
Warehouse Person (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 16, 2015
Co workers are fun
Lots of overtime during holiday season
Good location to work in and around?
So cool to work there
Ability to work with others whether it be staff or customers
Casual CSR - Part Time (Current Employee), OakvilleJuly 19, 2015
Pros: The staff and customers
Cons: Not enough hours
I enjoy having the ability to help others find what they are looking and/or giving them my input into on new items. The staff are fantastic to work with and learning from them are great! The store manager is fantastic and is very informative!
A fun and stress-free environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 3, 2015
An employee friendly environment that offers flexible hours. Provides excellent training. Management is supportive towards employees.
Productive work place
Invoicing Clerk / Receptionist (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 22, 2015
A typical day at the LCBO fun interaction with customers about there orders that they came to pick up. Every day i learn something new from the from my co-workers and customers. The hardest part of the job is letting the customers know that there out of stock. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the customer get there liquor on time and they leave there with a happy face
Great Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 18, 2015
Pros: good job oppurtunity
Cons: difficult to advance in a secure title when working part time/seasonal
LCBO was a great work environment. Working at LCBO allowed me to advance my knowledge in product and sales. I also became more confident with my customer service skills which is crucial in any environment that involves dealing with customers/staff/employees etc.
hard work but very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management could really learn how to treat their employees
This company excels when it comes to training in customer service. Wine courses and product tastings are always offered so employees will have greater knowledge of the products they sell.
Headquarters