LCBO Employee Reviews

Government bureaucracy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2017
Each day comes with new challenges but, is definitely a great opportunity to learn. It has provided me a thick skin from individuals who have called me every name in the book. Although it takes a while to progress, It is a great secure job.
Fun and encouraging environment to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nobleton, ON31 January 2017
Great place to work, loving environment, would defiantly recommend to an individual wanting to get in the retail or customer service industry. My team at Nobleton was amazing.
Pros
Communication, flexibility, good hours
Cons
some physical labour
Aweful place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 August 2016
Not a respected employer. Higher management can do what they want without repercussion. Very disappointed with unprofessional and discriminating treatment from senior management.
Pros
Cons
unfair treatment of employees
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2016
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Pros
accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons
on-call, tough hours, overnights
not the best
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ON11 February 2017
Can you spell MICRO MANAGE...You have to have aa second opinion on anything and everything you do. The company is the most wasteful I have ever seen.
Pros
few and far between
Cons
Micro managed
Wonderful work environment and coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 January 2017
A job that was always a surprise but never disappointing. Can be difficult to keep up with but allowed me to gain confidence in my ability to socially interact with customers and co workers in a professional manner
Pros
Government Job
Cons
Not guaranteed hours
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2017
This was a very good experience although it was a fix term it was great, and hopefully opens the door for me in the future for further employment with the company
Pros
great experience
Cons
only fix term
Hard to rely on consistent paycheck
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 July 2016
After 9 years as a casual, my hours have been cut twice. They can get away with giving me a 4 hour shift, and someone just hired will get a shift of the same length. No stability, always asked to stay a full shift at the last minute. Casuals at top rate get paid $7 per hour less than full time employees for doing the exact same work, even if you work the same number of hours. If you don't specify a weekday that you are unavailable, you could end up working 7 days a week, but short shifts. I went from 37 to 40 hours per week to 20 hours without any warning. There is also very much an "us" and "them" mentality as some fulltime employees feel that casuals are below them, even though they have been there themselves. I really regret wasting 9.5 years there, and am looking elsewhere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No stability or security
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
A typical day at work requires a lot of customer service which also requires extensive product knowledge. Not only do I serve customers on the floor but also on cash. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn something new each day.
Productive place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 August 2016
i liked working there. management and stuffs are fun to work with.its a great place to work. i wish my contract was a little bit longer.
Fast paced environment and out going people to work with.
CSR, Cashier, Merchandising, Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2016
I was always the early, early bird to work. Never late for any of my shifts. I have an outgoing nature and great with people young and old. I was always there to assist my co-workers and customers. Management knew they could rely on me at all times. The hardest part of the job was being able to service and help everyone on a busy busy day. The best part of my job was seeing the faces of my co-workers and my customers too.
Pros
the money when the hours are there.
Cons
the lack hours due to seniority.
fun workplace and people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2017
stayed at cash for majority of the time, the coworkers were fun and made you feel comfotable quick. the managemnet was really nice and understanding and switching shifts was really weasy as well.
Great work.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON3 February 2017
The time I spent with the company, was valuable and educational. It was hard work, with great colleagues. I'm appreciative that they gave me the opportunity.
Great team
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 February 2017
Great place for temporary work. Learned a lot about dealing with and knowing the signs of impairment. Also learned a lot about wines, spirits, and international beers.
Used and Abused
Warehouse Worker and Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 April 2016
No room for advancement. Bring in agency workers and never hire them and work them till they burn out. Over look health and safety. No praise for a good job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland, ON14 February 2017
It's a great place to work, with lots of friendly co-workers. The pay is in my opinion perfect for the amount of work and customers you deal with on a daily basis.
Great place to work, friendly, fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON23 January 2017
Holiday fixed December 2016 5th – 31st
Maintained excellent customer service while stocking shelves
Cashier, handling merchandise / money
Opening and closing procedures
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
The atmosphere is great , wonderful people , great pay but hours need to be more consistent, making sure current staff is at max hours before hiring more would be good
Excellent Establishment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
this was a great place to work
people are friendly and progressive
and opportunistic atmosphere to work in
i recommend this organization to all young workers looking to start somewhere that can take them places
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch break
Fun place to work
Casual Part time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2017
I had the experience to work alongside some really fun people. The LCBO tam is awesome & very polite, friendly & outgoing. I would always be thrill to go back & work there.
Pros
Sampling the alcohol
Cons
Not enough hours