LCBO

LCBO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 14, 2013
It is a fun place to work, customers are friendly but the only down side is the hours.
Fun workplace
Fixed Term/Customer Service (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJune 6, 2013
Pros: nice and friendly coworkers, great manager
Cons: not enough hours, short shifts
I work with many kind and caring people at the LCBO who all treated me with respect. My only wish is that I could be given more hours and longer shifts but unfortunately there are no current part or full time positions available.
Fun and Secure workplace with caring and supportive management
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 6, 2013
Pros: staff work well together and help one another
Cons: unpleasant customers
Good work environment, mornings can be slow pace but evenings and weekends are definitely busy.
Learned how to handle complicated situations
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONJune 5, 2013
My responsibilities included cashing customers out, and making sure the store was kept clean and organized. The work environment was a positive one, and there was good communication between all employees. The hardest part of the job was having to learn all the information about all the different types of liquor and products sold at the store, the most – more... enjoyable part was getting to learn new information about products and customer service that could help me with future jobs. – less
General Manger
General Manager (Former Employee), cambridgeMay 27, 2013
Pros: compensation package
9-6, learned alot about managing in the union.
co- workers and peers were amazing
Hard working with union people
enjoyed with wine rep's and customers
Awesome co-workers and great manager and fun place to work
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMay 9, 2013
Pros: fun and learned lots about lcbo
Cons: seasonal - you have to re-apply every year
Christmas time was a great experience, all the customers were in wonderful and giving mood. Most bought our lcbo products and donated to charities like Salvation Army Vol. or our charity money boxes. The manager was a great leader who ensured we all felt comfortable and had an open door policy. The co-workers were welcoming and informative. The hardest – more... part of the job was learning where the different sections of the store were.,eg.wines, beer, imported.,local, liquors,etc .,so I could be efficient in answering customers questions as well as stocking shelves which emptied quickly throughout the Xmas holidays. Extreme lineups had to be dealt with in a very quick and efficient,yet friendly and detail oriented fashion. I enjoyed the many different types of people I got to meet and greet throughout my shifts. – less
productive, everyone works as a team
Cashier (Former Employee), Ajax, ONMay 7, 2013
Pros: sample of wines
-cashier, assist customers, stock product

-management are friendly, co-workers are helpful

-what I enjoyed most was meeting new people and working with friendly staff

-most difficult, unhappy customers, when asked for ID
LCBO management perspective
Store Manager (Former Employee), OntarioMay 7, 2013
Pros: relatively secure
Cons: governmental oversight is difficult
It is an extremely fast paced retail environment. Goals are achievable but at extreme limit of efforts. Pays well and is relatively secure. Advancement is not easy. Long long time frame to achieve full time employment. Unionized environment and government operated. Staff performance is mixed at best.
Fair salary.
Casual CSR (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 3, 2013
Very public position with high onus on social awareness. Sporadic schedule with minimal opportunities for long-term career growth.
Good as a stepping stone to get familiar with customer-relationships
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Thornhill, ONMay 2, 2013
A great job opportunity for those students out there! Easy to manage a positive work/life balance and maintain school.
Fantastic work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Burlington, ONApril 20, 2013
Pros: customers and co-workers were great
Cons: very fast paced environment
Working at the LCBO, you generally have the same clientele (especially on Friday nights). I've been working as a seasonal employee for the past three years at Christmas so it was extremely busy.
Great Work Enviroment and Friendly Co Workers
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ajax OnApril 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
The LCBO is a great work experience that you can have. They are friendly towards each other and the customers that come in. They are always there to help customers when they need it.
Great part-time work opportunity
Clerk (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 25, 2013
Pros: chance to get full-time work
Cons: chance to be laid-off and pay-scale is average
If you like a job which keeps you busy and challenges your abilities at customer service and retail environments, the holiday season at the LCBO is exemplary.
great friendly environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brampton, ONFebruary 20, 2013
absolutely loved working here wish it wasn't seasonal would of loved to be there longer
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 20, 2013
Greeted customers, ran items through till, took payments.
another good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: great hours, great place to work
Cons: seasonal help, not a good relationship with the manager
great job to have as long as you and the manager get along. employees are amazing... some customers were rude and some where very nice and knew exactly what they came in for.
Fast paced environment with friendly service and great respect among co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grimsby, ONJanuary 21, 2013
Friendly, fun place to work serving regular customers as well as new ones. Fast paced, high energy time during the Christmas holidays. Excellent reception from staff as a new comer. I seriously enjoyed my time there.
No, we do not get discounts on alcohol
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), GTAJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: good wage, good co-workers, decent management
Cons: heavy lifting, no benefits
Yes, you make a half decent wage but you work your butt off for it. I work at a small store and you do a bit of everything. 3 times a week we spend hours unloading trucks and putting away stock. If you think that continuously lifting 50-60 pound cases of booze is easy you are not over 50 like I am. Liquor stores, at least all of the ones that I have – more... been at, are always busy so if you are on cash you never stop. Most people are nice, some are just rude but no more so than any other retail job. Having to tell people you can't serve them because they are intoxicated is difficult because their reactions vary. Some people are okay with it, most aren't. Most of my co-workers have always been okay. You have to work at the LCBO a minimum of five years before you qualify for any benefits and then you have to requalify every year, unless you are full time. It takes between 12 to 15 years to make full time.

All my managers, so far, have been great so I've been lucky. Not a bad part-time job at all. – less
Great overall enviorment
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJanuary 4, 2013
Great employees and management. we made it our goal to make sure all costumers were satisfied
Great environment with exceptional co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2012
Pros: great employees
Cons: lack of advancement
The LCBO is a great company to work for because it has a great management team that works with their employees for a great work/life balance.

My typical day working for the LCBO was working behind the customer service desk handling large orders and helping customers. It also involved booking classes that the LCBO provided while multi tasking with the – more... phone and customer requests.

This job was fun because I was given many tasks to do so I was kept quite busy which made the day pass fast. The most enjoyable part of working at the LCBO was meeting and working alongside some fantastic individuals.

A downside to working for the LCBO is that it is hard to move from being a casual employee to a full time employee and can take many years for that progression to occur. – less

About LCBO

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is a provincial Crown corporation in Ontario, Canada. It is accountable to the Ministry – Read more