LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

fun busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
good place to work, sometimes gets hectic but overall a good job
have to have good customer skills, be good with people ]
good coworkers range from young to old
Productive and Active
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJune 15, 2016
Please see my Résumé as it details a regular working day My coworkers made the day go by quickly. Manager was there to over seen the day.
Hated the Union environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2016
Love my job , loved most of the staff. did like the union. Hard to manage in an union. Culture is not flexible and hard to change for the better.
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2016
The LCBO is a welcoming, supportive work environment and anyone interested in joining the board is encouraged to do so.
depressing job
Warehouse as temp worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 9, 2016
working in a ware house is a depressing and hard job and the hours are long and you never see the sun light. Also it's very stressful and they can replace you easily.
Great place to learn how to be successful in the alcohol beverage industry.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Many different types of responsibilities and great place to learn about the industry. Fantastic training system in place teaching you about the products and also policies the LCBO has in place. The hardest part about the job was working the cash at Christmas time and before new years.
Love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  KitchenerMay 15, 2016
Great place to work, able to be flexible with my schedule and great coworkers. Hours were good, and shifts were always fast paced
Used and Abused
Warehouse Worker and Designated Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 11, 2016
No room for advancement. Bring in agency workers and never hire them and work them till they burn out. Over look health and safety. No praise for a good job.
Good Company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 4, 2016
Working here was a good experience. This company was multi-cultural as well. The co-workers were very welcoming and also effective when I needed the proper training to start working.
Con't learining and fun work place
Customer Liaison (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 11, 2012
Learning new products and peering wines, sprits and beers with foods to help customers and restaurant owners make the right decision gives me a sense of fulfillment in this part time position. Being able to use hand held computers for store operations makes the job easier and interesting. Being able to fundraise while on cash duty also gives me a sense of community involvement. Protecting the community from underage and intoxicated customers by refusing sales gives me a sense of responsibility in this position. I take my job seriously so that I may be able to continue to learn and grow in this position.
Pros
free lunches, wine tasting and hourly rate of pay
Cons
not enough hours in one week much less the month based on senority
Great place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Mostly on cash during the day
management was great
hardest part of the job was refusing alcohol to minors and intoxicated people
Government owned beverage alcohol retailer in Canada
Senior Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 3, 2015
The LCBO is a publicly owned beverage alcohol retailer in Ontario Canada. Experience within the company varies with your luck. There is no guarantee of hours or salary. You can learn everything from how to run a business to absolutely nothing. I was fortunately and learned as much as I could about running a store.
Pros
decent hourly wage
Cons
no hours for new employees and as time goes on less and less full time positions are available.
not reccomended
Print and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Not the most welcoming place to work at, very political and for a multi billion dollar company they are very un-organized
excellent work atmosphere and co workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
It was a fun place to work right from day one. The staff made it very enjoyable and although it was a fixed term contract, I would gladly refer anyone to give LCBO a try.
Pros
great staff
Cons
longer terms
get a good experience
Electrician (Current Employee) –  yonge st and bay stMarch 22, 2016
get a good experience to how to rebuilt a new store and finish all equipment and all store lighting.I finished that job only with another one worker
Review.
C.S.R (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
I started out as a seasonal employee, it was a fun place to work. I was at the Coxwell location and everyone there were a blast to woork with.
Overall I enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 10, 2016
I found it very difficult to advance my career here despite being an extremely knowledgeable seasonal employee who has a strong relationship with the customers. Everyone goes insane over the pay its really only $1 more than the minimum wage which isn't bad but not all the big hype. However I assume when hired as a part-timer it will be a little higher. They make you work hard, and make sure you earn every dollar they pay you. It's a very demanding job but overall all the people are wonderful and to the contrary I loved my boss! They have a wonderful team dynamic that makes you feel safe, they are quick to support you and back you up in every situation. Sometimes company reps come in with wines, and spirits to sample along with free food or snacks which was awesome. However, other than the sampling also contrary to popular belief NO FREE ALCOHOL. I have no complaints about that but it's not a real thing. Hours are long, stores are packed especially on holidays and long weekends none of which you will ever have off for any reason at all. So all that being said if you're not willing to sacrifice all your evenings, weekends and holidays for the summer and are ready to work your butt of then this is for you. I did a summer once and definitely won't do it again but it was a wonderful growing experience. Getting part time is next to impossible, but that is the only time I would ever work there again because of increased pay and slightly more leverage to ask for a day or two off.
Pros
great people, great management, free samples, free food
Cons
long days, extremely busy, very demanding, minimal chance of advancement
Productive and fun
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2015
It's a typical day at work. I learned. The boss managed. No co-workers. The hardest part was the job. The most enjoyable part of the was getting it done.
Pros
Your hungry for lunch.
Cons
Very long hours
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
It was a great place to work

It was a very busy time of year to work at the LCBO but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The staff was wonderful with all temporary christmas help!
Winter Fixed Term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2016
It was great working there. I had a fair and great manager and the staff were helpful and very friendly.
The winter fixed term contract is too short, but there are prospects of re hiring in early March late February. But no guarentee.
Pros
fast pace time went fast
Cons
contract too short