LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

depressing job
Warehouse as temp worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 9, 2016
working in a ware house is a depressing and hard job and the hours are long and you never see the sun light. Also it's very stressful and they can replace you easily.
excellent work atmosphere and co workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
It was a fun place to work right from day one. The staff made it very enjoyable and although it was a fixed term contract, I would gladly refer anyone to give LCBO a try.
Pros
great staff
Cons
longer terms
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2016
The LCBO is a welcoming, supportive work environment and anyone interested in joining the board is encouraged to do so.
Hated the Union environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2016
Love my job , loved most of the staff. did like the union. Hard to manage in an union. Culture is not flexible and hard to change for the better.
Good Company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 4, 2016
Working here was a good experience. This company was multi-cultural as well. The co-workers were very welcoming and also effective when I needed the proper training to start working.
Love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  KitchenerMay 15, 2016
Great place to work, able to be flexible with my schedule and great coworkers. Hours were good, and shifts were always fast paced
Review.
C.S.R (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
I started out as a seasonal employee, it was a fun place to work. I was at the Coxwell location and everyone there were a blast to woork with.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
It was a great place to work

It was a very busy time of year to work at the LCBO but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The staff was wonderful with all temporary christmas help!
not reccomended
Print and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Not the most welcoming place to work at, very political and for a multi billion dollar company they are very un-organized
Winter Fixed Term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2016
It was great working there. I had a fair and great manager and the staff were helpful and very friendly.
The winter fixed term contract is too short, but there are prospects of re hiring in early March late February. But no guarentee.
Pros
fast pace time went fast
Cons
contract too short
get a good experience
Electrician (Current Employee) –  yonge st and bay stMarch 22, 2016
get a good experience to how to rebuilt a new store and finish all equipment and all store lighting.I finished that job only with another one worker
LCBO makes work fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working here is a breath of fresh air. Different personalities yet they all seem to mesh as one. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to help and teach.
Great employer
Fixed Term Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work. Fast paced, yet fun. Would recommend to others seeking a job in customer service and those who like working with people.
hard work but very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
This company excels when it comes to training in customer service. Wine courses and product tastings are always offered so employees will have greater knowledge of the products they sell.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management could really learn how to treat their employees
Overall I enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 10, 2016
I found it very difficult to advance my career here despite being an extremely knowledgeable seasonal employee who has a strong relationship with the customers. Everyone goes insane over the pay its really only $1 more than the minimum wage which isn't bad but not all the big hype. However I assume when hired as a part-timer it will be a little higher. They make you work hard, and make sure you earn every dollar they pay you. It's a very demanding job but overall all the people are wonderful and to the contrary I loved my boss! They have a wonderful team dynamic that makes you feel safe, they are quick to support you and back you up in every situation. Sometimes company reps come in with wines, and spirits to sample along with free food or snacks which was awesome. However, other than the sampling also contrary to popular belief NO FREE ALCOHOL. I have no complaints about that but it's not a real thing. Hours are long, stores are packed especially on holidays and long weekends none of which you will ever have off for any reason at all. So all that being said if you're not willing to sacrifice all your evenings, weekends and holidays for the summer and are ready to work your butt of then this is for you. I did a summer once and definitely won't do it again but it was a wonderful growing experience. Getting part time is next to impossible, but that is the only time I would ever work there again because of increased pay and slightly more leverage to ask for a day or two off.
Pros
great people, great management, free samples, free food
Cons
long days, extremely busy, very demanding, minimal chance of advancement
A day in the life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
i did the store set up for the LCBO. i also showed excellent customer service. i also did cashier and stocked products i never missed one shift and i was alway on time
Pros
helping people
Great environment with exceptional co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 9, 2012
The LCBO is a great company to work for because it has a great management team that works with their employees for a great work/life balance.

My typical day working for the LCBO was working behind the customer service desk handling large orders and helping customers. It also involved booking classes that the LCBO provided while multi tasking with the phone and customer requests.

This job was fun because I was given many tasks to do so I was kept quite busy which made the day pass fast. The most enjoyable part of working at the LCBO was meeting and working alongside some fantastic individuals.

A downside to working for the LCBO is that it is hard to move from being a casual employee to a full time employee and can take many years for that progression to occur.
Pros
great employees
Cons
lack of advancement
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONDecember 15, 2015
Best job i've worked at. abosolutely no complaints about the LCBO. mgmt is great and they treat the staff as equals. the work expectations are the same as any retail job, focusing on costumer services in keyt. overall the LCBO is a great working experience
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
time goes by slow
productive and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coniston, ONOctober 25, 2015
excellent place to work. I had the opportunity to meet many people, loved the work environment and the other staff I worked with. I learned a great deal what to help customers with in making selections. It can become a very busy place especially during holiday/long weekend times, but in general, it was an absolute pleasure to work there.
Pros
meet man new people
fun people
Cashier and Served under strict standards (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 19, 2015
Lots of great training
start by getting in on seasonal.
fun to learn a lot about the alcohol and wines

people are fun to be around.
easy computer system to learn