LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
a great place to work
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2016
I love working at the LCBO as a CSR. the hours as a casual are not stable, and there are no benefits, but the atmosphere is great and the flexibility for students is advantageous to their school
Monopolistic Joke
Store Manager (Former Employee), OntarioSeptember 14, 2015
Pros: Okay salary
Cons: Too many to list. Run, run fast from this pseudo company
Union philosophy throughout the organisation, horrible upper management uses bully tactics on store managers, expected workload hampered by "Policy a week" standards. Zero management training or backup from District Managers.
No reward for hard work and no incentives for employees. Supply chain management is a joke, with no accountability from anyone in charge.
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons: on-call, tough hours, overnights
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
hard work but very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management could really learn how to treat their employees
This company excels when it comes to training in customer service. Wine courses and product tastings are always offered so employees will have greater knowledge of the products they sell.
Fast paced environment and out going people to work with.
CSR, Cashier, Merchandising, Stock (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: the money when the hours are there.
Cons: the lack hours due to seniority.
I was always the early, early bird to work. Never late for any of my shifts. I have an outgoing nature and great with people young and old. I was always there to assist my co-workers and customers. Management knew they could rely on me at all times. The hardest part of the job was being able to service and help everyone on a busy busy day. The best part of my job was seeing the faces of my co-workers and my customers too.
Decent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
As a seasonal employee, you're paid quite a bit less than the permanent individuals there for doing what I felt like was a lot more work.
Regardless, they were friendly and tried to reduce your stress as much as possible. There was a Christmas potluck, which was nice.
-You get a LOT of hours depending on what you state your availability is
-You meet a lot of interesting (sometimes drunk) people, and learn to manage your stress in such a busy shop
-Permanent/casual re-hires are not as common as I would like
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Great place to work that is both challenging, but easy going. Everyone in my store was a team player which made the whole environment so much better. Gained lots of knowledge on products and always continuing to learn. Management was great. I feel protected with the union.
work environment is not good at LCBO Private Ordering
Clerk, Private Ordering (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: no pros in this company
Cons: work through lunch without pay
I like the actual job/work which is data entry and payment. Management is so disorganized. Supervisor is very rude and unprofessional. Co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is lack of proper training.
excellent environment, great coordinator
Culinary Instructor and Chef for product demos (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 15, 2016
Pros: able to cook your own menu
Cons: have to do own shopping
Chefs must purchase their ingredients and prep the food. We are reimbursed for the supplies however we must stay within a budget. the events room coordinator is very out going and easy to get along with. The assistants are just as friendly and willing to help.
An easy job with a more than fair pay rate.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
You learn a great deal by interacting with customers of different ethnicities. Social skills improve immensely as a result. Learning about wines, spirits and beer can also help with learning about the world around you and how others live. The work environment could be a lot better & allow for employees to be more productive.
Great place to learn how to be successful in the alcohol beverage industry.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Many different types of responsibilities and great place to learn about the industry. Fantastic training system in place teaching you about the products and also policies the LCBO has in place. The hardest part about the job was working the cash at Christmas time and before new years.
Productive and fun
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2015
Pros: Your hungry for lunch.
Cons: Very long hours
It's a typical day at work. I learned. The boss managed. No co-workers. The hardest part was the job. The most enjoyable part of the was getting it done.
Summer Contract Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 14, 2016
Working as a summer contract employee was great! I worked june-september and enjoyed every bit of it. Work shifts were either 5 or 8 hours and typically worked cash and stocked shelves. No weekends off, as a contract employee which was hard, gave little free time to enjoy the summer.
Great place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Mostly on cash during the day
management was great
hardest part of the job was refusing alcohol to minors and intoxicated people
Government owned beverage alcohol retailer in Canada
Senior Customer Service (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: decent hourly wage
Cons: no hours for new employees and as time goes on less and less full time positions are available.
The LCBO is a publicly owned beverage alcohol retailer in Ontario Canada. Experience within the company varies with your luck. There is no guarantee of hours or salary. You can learn everything from how to run a business to absolutely nothing. I was fortunately and learned as much as I could about running a store.
Christmas coverage part time term
Temporary and Term Positions (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Robust working enviornment
Cons: Limited hours
Cashier sales of products (some)
Organize product in store
Assist customers with their purchases

Learned about company working procedures and products
enjoyable co-workers
Winter Fixed Term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pros: fast pace time went fast
Cons: contract too short
It was great working there. I had a fair and great manager and the staff were helpful and very friendly.
The winter fixed term contract is too short, but there are prospects of re hiring in early March late February. But no guarentee.
excellent work atmosphere and co workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: great staff
Cons: longer terms
It was a fun place to work right from day one. The staff made it very enjoyable and although it was a fixed term contract, I would gladly refer anyone to give LCBO a try.
LCBO makes work fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working here is a breath of fresh air. Different personalities yet they all seem to mesh as one. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to help and teach.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyable
Cons: time goes by slow
Best job i've worked at. abosolutely no complaints about the LCBO. mgmt is great and they treat the staff as equals. the work expectations are the same as any retail job, focusing on costumer services in keyt. overall the LCBO is a great working experience
Headquarters