LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

Fantastic Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2016
Great Benefits, friendly staff, lots of room to advance. Breaks were given, working environment was open, safe, easy. Takes some time to gain seniority, but if you're willing to put in the hours it's well worth it.
Productive and Active
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJune 15, 2016
Please see my Résumé as it details a regular working day My coworkers made the day go by quickly. Manager was there to over seen the day.
Its people`s wellness and safety are their priority!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 15, 2016
I was such a lucky person by being part of the LCBO team even if it was for a short period of time during the winter season. What I loved the most was when they all were aware of me during my first day at work and gave me that smile that would ask me: "Are you ok? I am here to help..just in case!".
Pros
Excellency and safety are definitively their priority.
Cons
Few permanent jobs
Hated the Union environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2016
Love my job , loved most of the staff. did like the union. Hard to manage in an union. Culture is not flexible and hard to change for the better.
fun busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
good place to work, sometimes gets hectic but overall a good job
have to have good customer skills, be good with people ]
good coworkers range from young to old
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2016
The LCBO is a welcoming, supportive work environment and anyone interested in joining the board is encouraged to do so.
An ok place to work. pays the bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
My normal day at work is everything and anything. master of everything reasonable for nothing

It really hard to know what i will be doing and what I'm suppose to do.

Thru my years of work, I have gained lots of information in the alcohol indrastry

When I started at the LCBO the management was amazing, kind, will to do what it takes to get things done and help staff, professional and personal. They really care.

Now in the current time, most of the managers are really disconnected from the staff. They never leave their desk.

My co-workers are the hardest part about the job. I could write a book on how bad they can be.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. My favorite of the customers is the homeless. The looks they give when I have treated them like that a human.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Co-workers
Love it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  KitchenerMay 15, 2016
Great place to work, able to be flexible with my schedule and great coworkers. Hours were good, and shifts were always fast paced
Fast paced and multi-faceted place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
At the beginning of each shift you count your till, and organize your till. Then you begin to organize and make the store look presentable. While doing this, I am also handling customers, dealing with returns or exchanges and providing friendly, efficient service.
Overall I enjoyed it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 10, 2016
I found it very difficult to advance my career here despite being an extremely knowledgeable seasonal employee who has a strong relationship with the customers. Everyone goes insane over the pay its really only $1 more than the minimum wage which isn't bad but not all the big hype. However I assume when hired as a part-timer it will be a little higher. They make you work hard, and make sure you earn every dollar they pay you. It's a very demanding job but overall all the people are wonderful and to the contrary I loved my boss! They have a wonderful team dynamic that makes you feel safe, they are quick to support you and back you up in every situation. Sometimes company reps come in with wines, and spirits to sample along with free food or snacks which was awesome. However, other than the sampling also contrary to popular belief NO FREE ALCOHOL. I have no complaints about that but it's not a real thing. Hours are long, stores are packed especially on holidays and long weekends none of which you will ever have off for any reason at all. So all that being said if you're not willing to sacrifice all your evenings, weekends and holidays for the summer and are ready to work your butt of then this is for you. I did a summer once and definitely won't do it again but it was a wonderful growing experience. Getting part time is next to impossible, but that is the only time I would ever work there again because of increased pay and slightly more leverage to ask for a day or two off.
Pros
great people, great management, free samples, free food
Cons
long days, extremely busy, very demanding, minimal chance of advancement
depressing job
Warehouse as temp worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 9, 2016
working in a ware house is a depressing and hard job and the hours are long and you never see the sun light. Also it's very stressful and they can replace you easily.
Wonderful Team Envirionment
Administrative Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Lake shore Head officeMay 9, 2016
Great work attitude and wonderful life balance. I only wish this could have turned into a full time position! Really enjoyed working here!
Pros
Excellent Compensation, and Life Balance
Cons
Was only contract
Very lovely work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 6, 2016
Working at LCBO was very beneficial as I worked as a summer work term employee while going through school. It was a very good opportunity to advance my customer service skills as I dealt with a variety of customers and staff. I would recommend to anyone as a temporary job, but certainly not full time as they rarely have full time employees that receive benefits. Most of the people I worked with were still deemed part time after working at LCBO for 10+ years.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Decent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
As a seasonal employee, you're paid quite a bit less than the permanent individuals there for doing what I felt like was a lot more work.
Regardless, they were friendly and tried to reduce your stress as much as possible. There was a Christmas potluck, which was nice.
-You get a LOT of hours depending on what you state your availability is
-You meet a lot of interesting (sometimes drunk) people, and learn to manage your stress in such a busy shop
-Permanent/casual re-hires are not as common as I would like
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Pros
accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons
on-call, tough hours, overnights
Fast paced environment and out going people to work with.
CSR, Cashier, Merchandising, Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
I was always the early, early bird to work. Never late for any of my shifts. I have an outgoing nature and great with people young and old. I was always there to assist my co-workers and customers. Management knew they could rely on me at all times. The hardest part of the job was being able to service and help everyone on a busy busy day. The best part of my job was seeing the faces of my co-workers and my customers too.
Pros
the money when the hours are there.
Cons
the lack hours due to seniority.
excellent environment, great coordinator
Culinary Instructor and Chef for product demos (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 15, 2016
Chefs must purchase their ingredients and prep the food. We are reimbursed for the supplies however we must stay within a budget. the events room coordinator is very out going and easy to get along with. The assistants are just as friendly and willing to help.
Pros
able to cook your own menu
Cons
have to do own shopping
Summer Contract Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 14, 2016
Working as a summer contract employee was great! I worked june-september and enjoyed every bit of it. Work shifts were either 5 or 8 hours and typically worked cash and stocked shelves. No weekends off, as a contract employee which was hard, gave little free time to enjoy the summer.
Good Company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 4, 2016
Working here was a good experience. This company was multi-cultural as well. The co-workers were very welcoming and also effective when I needed the proper training to start working.
not reccomended
Print and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Not the most welcoming place to work at, very political and for a multi billion dollar company they are very un-organized