LCBO Employee Reviews

Government regulated liquor store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 September 2017
Easy semi-relaxed job with certain areas taken very seriously, such as selling to underage people. Was on fixed contract but there was a chance to move to part time afterwards.
Null
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
We love to help our customers and are very knowledgeable! Hardest part is dealing with customers who are intoxicated. Most enjoyable part of this job is learning new items.
Cashier
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON13 September 2017
I would typically do cash, returns, customer service. I had also done some stocking. which would be putting away bottles cans of alcohol. I enjoyed working on cash at the job, meeting new people.
great part time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2017
typical retail job, customer service, cash, stocking, cleaning
must work evenings and weekends
great job security
constant product knowledge
tough work/life balance
ask alot of questions during interview for full info on job
Casual CSR (Current Employee) –  Kitchener7 September 2017
Physically demanding and exhausting work, whether its standing at a cash register or unloading daily truckloads of heavy boxes.
Coworkers are great and helpful, management is poor and antiquated. Rate of pay is outdated , no benefits for casual positions.
Expect to work most evenings until 10 pm, including weekends. Sunday work is mandatory.
If you do not have a social life or family committments, this is the perfect job for you.
Dont get caught up in the "its a government job" hype
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 August 2017
expect to work part time (5-15hrs) for 8 years with no benefits before you are eligible for a full time position. Worst Management and they treat their employees horrible.
Great staff, productive and helpful environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 August 2017
Everyone I worked with were great people. If I ever needed assistance on something everyone would be happy to help. I really enjoyed working here as it helped my interpersonal skills and merchandizing skills.
hours suck
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON14 August 2017
started out getting 20 plus hours a week and now havent worked the past month and still not scheduled the next 2 weeks. dont get how they expect people to pay bills when they get no hours
temporary work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 August 2017
Difficult to get hired for fulltime/permanent positions within LCBO. Fast pace and friendly. Uniform, dirty work environment, risk of theft, customer service, cashier, restock, clean up breakage and gather shopping carts.
Pros
Sampling new inventory
Cons
Limited advancement
Fun but hours are bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON10 August 2017
Enjoy the people I work with but hours are all over the place. One week you will have lots of hours and next none. You feel just like another number and not valued.
Pros
The people
Cons
Horrible hours
Not as fun inspiring and uplifting as it used to be.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2017
It used to be a great place to work at, until they started hiring management from outside. Sunday work used to be on a voluntary base only. We used to get paid time and a half for Sundays work, but now we are forced to work on Sundays for a regular pay. Sundays are no longer considered to be over-time. Sundays are also no longer on a voluntary base. We are forced to work on Sundays, weather we like it on not
Pros
Paid vacation, and sick leaves once you're a full-timer
Cons
It takes 15 years to bcome full-time
physical demanding
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wellington, ON8 August 2017
at the time...day shift, learned to banking ,management was poor, physically demanding,customer service was positive , but some needed to be refused, rate of pay was more then fair at the time
Shipper/Picker
Shipper/Picker (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 August 2017
Picked selected product using labels and scanners to prepare orders to be shipped throughout Ontario. Pallet walker and forklifts were utilized in building skids to be shipped.
Fun place to work fast paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON4 August 2017
This was a seasonal job,they were flexible with the hours and trained you well. You were treated fairly and if you needed help they would be patient with you.Very busy at times but always enough cashiers on staff. As well as stock people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not much chance of permanent job
Controlling and manipulating
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 August 2017
Hours have been cut from 40+ to 24-30 working 7 days a week. New management making life difficult in and out of work. No sick days or vacation and work the most on holidays or weekends
Pros
High hourly wage
Cons
Minimal hours terrible work life balance
Good Place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dorset, ON2 August 2017
Working at the Liquor Control Board of Ontario was busy yet relaxing. I worked at an LCBO in the north of Ontario, and the culture there is different than in the cities. The pace is a little calmer with the tourists being quite friendly. Overall experience: fun place to work.
Pros
Meeting all kinds of people from all over.
Cons
work schedule kept getting changed with no notice.
The LCBO provides a challenging environment that demands excellence within a solid culture.
Director of Store Operations, Eastern Region (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2017
The company has always looked to develop its people into strong productive leaders who are focused on delivering excellent customer service. There is no shortage of training programs offered for anyone to develop and hone their skills.

What makes this workplace exceptional is the strong collaborative culture and corporate family. People genuinely care how others are doing in this company.

Truly an exceptional place to work as demonstrated by the long tenured employees who are currently employed.
Decent part-time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
The job was alright, generally working at the cash register, or walking around the store to make sure that everything was well stocked. However, if you're looking to make any money here, you will have to stay on for quite a while, as they don't give many hours out to part timers, and becoming full time can take more than a decade in some cases.
There is good and there is negative.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
The management style is very antiquated. The organization needs to move itself into the 21st century. There is still a management versus employees mentality that exists. The baby boomers are retiring and opening up entry level opportunities for the millennials however, there is little room to move beyond there. Nepatism exists in this workplace, although there are rules to prevent it. Management finds ways around the rules.
Pros
Good people to work with on a day to day basis
Cons
no room for growth
Very hectic during the holidays but still a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 July 2017
I worked as a CSR for the winter holidays, which was a busy time as you'd expect. I had a great time working cash and doing other miscellaneous tasks as the need arose. Everyone I worked with was super friendly and helped a lot if I ever had questions or trouble with anything. I got to learn a ton about everything we carried: wine, spirits, beer, liqueurs, coolers... Everything!
Pros
Always something to do, great training, great starting pay, and a fantastic union
Cons
Very stressful if you don't handle fast-paces or crowds well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCBO. Our community is ready to answer.