LCBO Employee Reviews

Pay 12/hr as cashier, free wine samples occasionally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 January 2017
The environment feels respectful, depends which LCBO you work at. Since it's a government job, breaks are scheduled and always given. I enjoyed the training, learning workplace safety and lifting procedures. I never learned how to properly lift objects anywhere else. I was working cash, checking ID's, restocking shelves.
Pros
pay is 12/hr
Cons
short hours for first starters, it's difficult to get promoted because so many babyboomers work there and wont quit.
Good job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
The LCBO is a good place to work, most employees are decent and hard working. Upper Management for the most part were fair and organized. The salary is very fair for the work you are expected to do. The hardest part of the job is putting up with many obnoxious customers. For the most part the customers are friendly but unfortunately there are many who are not,
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
demanding customers
Good Job; Boring shifts
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 October 2016
Basic labor warehouse job, unloaded cases of alcohol on factory line. 4 p.m- 12 a.m shift Monday- Friday. Management very friendly and laid back if the line was kept in order. Isolated and no communication with co-workers as each person operated their own frait. Boring shifts as we were no allowed to listen to music and had to listen to nothing but factory noise for 8 hours
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring shift
Fun place to work, co-workers were helpful and lively, management was nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
- the hours were good, worked with my school work
- the management always tried to be fair with hours and breaks
- co-workers helped me learn the ropes and were lively and fun to work with
- pay was good for the work I was required to do
Great workplace and environment in Picton location. Management in Picton excellent and accommodating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Picton, ON12 January 2017
I enjoyed working here-- learned a lot. Work hours and advancement limited. Fellow employees willing to help and give advice in a friendly and helpful manner. Cashier duties are extensive.
Good pay, needs more room for progression
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Great job and security, a bit repetitive in daily tasks. can be unfair with seniority, people who have been there longer take advantage. great management and good pay, overall good environment and fresh ideas
Cons
work weekend and long weekends
Fun and encouraging environment to work at.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nobleton, ON31 January 2017
Great place to work, loving environment, would defiantly recommend to an individual wanting to get in the retail or customer service industry. My team at Nobleton was amazing.
Pros
Communication, flexibility, good hours
Cons
some physical labour
Great Place to work, looking for a different life style of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2016
Helped customers find what they were looking for. Stocked shelves, worked on cash. Helped tidy store after closing. My co-workers were great and friendly. Management were vert friendly also. I learned a lot of customer skills.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
A lot of lifting
Wonderful work environment and coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 January 2017
A job that was always a surprise but never disappointing. Can be difficult to keep up with but allowed me to gain confidence in my ability to socially interact with customers and co workers in a professional manner
Pros
Government Job
Cons
Not guaranteed hours
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
A typical day at work requires a lot of customer service which also requires extensive product knowledge. Not only do I serve customers on the floor but also on cash. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn something new each day.
Government bureaucracy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2017
Each day comes with new challenges but, is definitely a great opportunity to learn. It has provided me a thick skin from individuals who have called me every name in the book. Although it takes a while to progress, It is a great secure job.
A great place to work but only short contract positions offered.
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON19 August 2016
The LCBO was a great place to work. The management and employees have a good repartee and understanding of the work balance. Both were very helpful and informative.
Customer service is high on the list and I appreciate that. Everyone is productive with an excellent knowledge of safety.
I would recommend it as a great place to work!
Pros
Terrific treatment of new employees. Friendly employees and considerate staff.
Cons
Contract position offered only with a lot of regulars already listed.
day time and evening shifts were part of job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2016
Job advancement was profided.Permanant hours safe enviorment.Welcoming place with a chance to grow.Wine courses offered.

Chance to advance in the job.Flex vacations time.

Benifits and vacation time offered.

Customers were nice. Got to provide excellent customer service
Pros
fun place
Cons
lots if evening work.
Excellent Establishment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
this was a great place to work
people are friendly and progressive
and opportunistic atmosphere to work in
i recommend this organization to all young workers looking to start somewhere that can take them places
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch break
fun workplace and people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2017
stayed at cash for majority of the time, the coworkers were fun and made you feel comfotable quick. the managemnet was really nice and understanding and switching shifts was really weasy as well.
Great place to work, friendly, fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON23 January 2017
Holiday fixed December 2016 5th – 31st
Maintained excellent customer service while stocking shelves
Cashier, handling merchandise / money
Opening and closing procedures
Fantastic Place to work all around
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 February 2017
I worked for the LCBO for several years and found it to be a progressive, innovative organization. The LCBO provided external educational opportunities and financing.
not the best
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ON11 February 2017
Can you spell MICRO MANAGE...You have to have aa second opinion on anything and everything you do. The company is the most wasteful I have ever seen.
Pros
few and far between
Cons
Micro managed
A great company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON13 February 2017
A great place to work if you are FULL TIME. this comes with higher pay, full benefits, and paid vacation.
Unionized.
always learning the brand. customer service is a must working for the LCBO.
Fun place to work
Casual Part time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2017
I had the experience to work alongside some really fun people. The LCBO tam is awesome & very polite, friendly & outgoing. I would always be thrill to go back & work there.
Pros
Sampling the alcohol
Cons
Not enough hours