LCBO Employee Reviews

Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
A typical day at work requires a lot of customer service which also requires extensive product knowledge. Not only do I serve customers on the floor but also on cash. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn something new each day.
Let's get together
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 December 2016
The first time I went to LCBO to buy some wine, I was deeply impressed by its clean and tidy store, well-organized shelves, and the kind employees. It is a good place to work.
never seen a pong table there
Sr. Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 November 2016
worked there more than 10 years
don't get injured on the job, they will terminate you
what else can be said, its a government job
Pros
salary
Cons
expensive lunches
Not a great fit for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Time for a change but a good working experience. I learn a lot about customer serves as well as wine/ alcohol knowledge. Familiar with service laws around alcohol. over all it was a great learning experience and took a lot from it.
Excellent Establishment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
this was a great place to work
people are friendly and progressive
and opportunistic atmosphere to work in
i recommend this organization to all young workers looking to start somewhere that can take them places
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch break
I work for the government and I'm on E.I.
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Southern Ontario25 October 2016
By far the most depressing job I've ever had. Hours can be plentiful in peak season, but in order to achieve 35 or so hours a week, I have to work every day of the week. Off season, hours drop to about one or two 4 or 5 hour shifts in a week. Senior employees can be a pleasure to work with but most are not. The mentality of rushing to get product on the shelf is job one to many staff; fearful that management will scold them if a job is left undone. There are never enough staff to finish all the jobs safely, neatly and efficiently. Too many people with back, shoulder, hip, and feet issues.
Benefits take 5 years to take effect, and that's only if you work a set minimum number of hours over the course of the year, which most people do not. Full time positions are non existent and take about 12 years to get.
Warehouse spaces are over crowded with inventory in peak seasons. Work space in back of house is too small for power lift equipment. Adequate time to review mandatory documents and training sessions (iLearn) is not provided. We must basically sign off on many documents that remove the LCBO from any liability with no time to review and understand them completely.
Fast paced and attention to detail is required while serving customers.
Cashier, beverage sales/customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Verona, ON25 October 2016
As I have worked at the LCBO Foodland, I would rate this job as a 3 out of 5. A Real LCBO would get a different rating Ask in person.
Pros
close to home
Cons
under paid
Great government job
Cashier, Product stocking (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 October 2016
Great laid back job
Long time on contract but once full time Great pay and vacation.
Hardest part of job would be the customers, I found fellow employers to be very relaxed and kind.
Great Place to work, looking for a different life style of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2016
Helped customers find what they were looking for. Stocked shelves, worked on cash. Helped tidy store after closing. My co-workers were great and friendly. Management were vert friendly also. I learned a lot of customer skills.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
A lot of lifting
Very friendly place to work
Contract - District Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
Excellent company to work for.. Job was interesting and so were the people. I learned a few new computer programs and the trainers were exceptional.
Good Job; Boring shifts
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 October 2016
Basic labor warehouse job, unloaded cases of alcohol on factory line. 4 p.m- 12 a.m shift Monday- Friday. Management very friendly and laid back if the line was kept in order. Isolated and no communication with co-workers as each person operated their own frait. Boring shifts as we were no allowed to listen to music and had to listen to nothing but factory noise for 8 hours
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring shift
Fun workplace
Receiving Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON30 September 2016
Co - workers were friendly. Work was easy. Location was wonderful. Overtime was given but rarely. They focused on safety instead of quantity to make sure workers didn't hurt themselves.
csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2016
forty hrs a week good days and bad
almost everything I could
they come and go people get moved around
good days and bad
dealing with some customers
enjoying helping peole
Great summer job for students
Customer Service Representative - Summer Fix-Term (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON9 September 2016
The LCBO was a good place to work, working retail there, the main focus is customer satisfaction and always serve the customer first.
Fast paced and friendly work enviroment
Summer Fixed Term Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 September 2016
A typical day at LCBO is very fast paced there are many customers coming in to the store and you have to have a strong product knowledge to help every one of them. The people working at the LCBO are all great and fun to work with
day time and evening shifts were part of job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2016
Job advancement was profided.Permanant hours safe enviorment.Welcoming place with a chance to grow.Wine courses offered.

Chance to advance in the job.Flex vacations time.

Benifits and vacation time offered.

Customers were nice. Got to provide excellent customer service
Pros
fun place
Cons
lots if evening work.
Senior Systems Analyst
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Good work life balance. Not great opportunities for advancement. Semi unionized environment makes it undesirable to be in junior or middle management.
A great place to work but only short contract positions offered.
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON19 August 2016
The LCBO was a great place to work. The management and employees have a good repartee and understanding of the work balance. Both were very helpful and informative.
Customer service is high on the list and I appreciate that. Everyone is productive with an excellent knowledge of safety.
I would recommend it as a great place to work!
Pros
Terrific treatment of new employees. Friendly employees and considerate staff.
Cons
Contract position offered only with a lot of regulars already listed.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON18 August 2016
Enjoy working in the fast pasted environment. The employees are knowledgeable and fun to work with. It is an extremely busy place to work at, the days go by fast. I have become more assertive since working there.
Pros
Staff is fun and helpful
Cons
Little Hours
Perfect job for anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
See myself working for Lcbo in the future but needed time off and they would not grant it for me sad to say but I had to quit without wanting to.
Pros
Learning about all the products
Cons
The system could be better.