LCBO Employee Reviews

The LCBO provides a challenging environment that demands excellence within a solid culture.
Director of Store Operations, Eastern Region (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 July 2017
The company has always looked to develop its people into strong productive leaders who are focused on delivering excellent customer service. There is no shortage of training programs offered for anyone to develop and hone their skills.

What makes this workplace exceptional is the strong collaborative culture and corporate family. People genuinely care how others are doing in this company.

Truly an exceptional place to work as demonstrated by the long tenured employees who are currently employed.
Decent part-time work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2017
The job was alright, generally working at the cash register, or walking around the store to make sure that everything was well stocked. However, if you're looking to make any money here, you will have to stay on for quite a while, as they don't give many hours out to part timers, and becoming full time can take more than a decade in some cases.
There is good and there is negative.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
The management style is very antiquated. The organization needs to move itself into the 21st century. There is still a management versus employees mentality that exists. The baby boomers are retiring and opening up entry level opportunities for the millennials however, there is little room to move beyond there. Nepatism exists in this workplace, although there are rules to prevent it. Management finds ways around the rules.
Pros
Good people to work with on a day to day basis
Cons
no room for growth
Very hectic during the holidays but still a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 July 2017
I worked as a CSR for the winter holidays, which was a busy time as you'd expect. I had a great time working cash and doing other miscellaneous tasks as the need arose. Everyone I worked with was super friendly and helped a lot if I ever had questions or trouble with anything. I got to learn a ton about everything we carried: wine, spirits, beer, liqueurs, coolers... Everything!
Pros
Always something to do, great training, great starting pay, and a fantastic union
Cons
Very stressful if you don't handle fast-paces or crowds well
Second job appropriate
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 July 2017
I have worked there about 3 years (2 as fixed term and a little over 1 as casual). The pay is higher than anywhere else that ive found in retail which is nice, I work a full-time day job so having the LCBO as my night and weekend job helps me pay off things like student loans in 1 year, my car the next year etc.The management where i work is the main reason ive stayed, he is extremely accommodating (i have sports events on the side that i run some nights and weekends, vacations, stress days etc). Without him I dont think anyone would be working at that store, He deserves every cent and more he makes. Yes, the union is a blessing and a curse, there are some people that work there that tbh should never hold a job in customer service, some full-timers can be bitter, rude, and complain about literally everything. I usually tell them to come work at my contracted full-time job and then come here and complain to me about being tired halfway through a 5 hr shift, that usually keeps them quiet. All-in-all i would definitely continue to work here casual (i usually receive about 20-35 hrs during summer and xmas, 5-20 during off-peak seasons). I would never work here as my main source of income, especially as the hours are driven solely by seniority, people need to understand this is a job to pay off debts and put a little extra in their savings account. Not a source of income to live off of, once you understand that then you will thank god youre lucky enough to have 2 jobs and keep your head above water in this economy. 26 yr old post grad female
Pros
management, extra income
Cons
employees who shouldve been fired years ago
Fun and thrilling time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON4 July 2017
One of a kind experience, dealing with customers and helping them select the 'perfect' bottle of wine! It was fun working at the LCBO and I made good memories at the workplace :)
Great Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orangeville, ON26 June 2017
Overall a great place to work and meet new people, was able to learn a new set of skills and better myself when it comes to handling customers. Employees are all fun and personable. Fixed-term, casuals and part-time employees work a lot though.
Aa
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 June 2017
Long shift constant customers. Busy environment, people taking their jobs way too seriously. Alcohol all around you so always tempted to buy something for the night.
great pay, bad mangers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 June 2017
to many bosses and doesn't follow the Ontario labor laws, it is under federal laws. if you show up and work everyday they love you, never miss anytime
Excellent
Mgr. - Gillian Silverman (Former Employee) –  London, ON23 June 2017
Great people working at all the LCBO's that I have encountered. Most were very happy to be working while others were striving to get more hours added to their shift. I enjoyed working in retail.
Pros
the public
Cons
poor pay, difficult to get permanent part time
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
IDing and cashing out customers.
How to identify customers who need to be ID'd
Great management.
Good people to work with.
The hardest part of the job is getting products off the shelves that are too high and heavy.
The most enjoyable part is learning more about products.
productive
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham Region, ON21 June 2017
decent work place with a decent wage, employees are interesting and very in age and years working in the company. Don't like all the new changes the bored is implementing.
Pros
tastings
Cons
short shifts working seven days a week
Fun and challenging place to work.
Contact Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2017
Challenges me to work hard on answering every inquiry from either email, fax and telephone calls from customers. Meeting the customers needs by ensuring I successfully meet their needs.
Easy Work and decent pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 June 2017
Not hard work and good pay. Enjoyed the staff. Can pick up additional shifts. Room for growth and opportunity. Hated being push customers to donate. Overall Good place to work!
good place to grow a career if that was an option
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 June 2017
good place to work, lots of new experiences but no job security. its ideal for students and those looking for a second job but not as a main source of income.
Pros
pays well
Cons
lack of hours
Happy to have worked here!
Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON8 June 2017
LCBO had us operating cool pallet machines that got loaded with boxes of booze to be shipped to the area liquor stores. It was pretty easy if you could think for yourself.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Risk of back injury.
Cashier & Customer Service Representative
Cashier & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2017
Counted money in cash drawers at the beginning of shift to ensure that amounts were correct and that there was adequate change.
work with and without supervision.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 June 2017
The best thing about working with the LCBO is interacting with customers. You get a chance to help them plan major milestones such as weddings, birthdays and anniversaries. Its always a delight to help someone purchase a special bottle of wine to celebrate a new job or maybe a new baby, whatever it is there looking customers at the LCBO have one goal in common coming together and having a great time. Helping some one find the right wine to cheers for girls night or a special champagne for an auspicious occasions, comes with great privilege and customers rely heavily on your expertise and training to steer them in the right direction.
Pros
Great Staff. Union
Cons
Always Busy
the people are very helpful and friendly
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2017
a typical day at work is fun and enjoyable. i learned a lot of stuffs specially talking with other people even if its not my line of work i get to talk to people when ask about a location of the product.the manager even helps in putting the products in shelves when he's not busy even if i think he should'nt have to.the hardest part of the job is sometimes while the stock persons are also putting products on the shelves so sometimes you have to wait for them to finish before you can do your job
Pros
fun environment to work to
Cons
short hours
Great Atmosphere
Seasonal Help - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fonthill, ON17 May 2017
LCBO was a great company to work for. Although I was only hired for seasonal help, once hired by the company it appeared as though there would be a great opportunity to advance and learn within the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCBO. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval