LCBO

LCBO Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive and enjoyable working with lobo
Merchandising & Stock (Former Employee), 195 donway westJuly 25, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no cons
grate experience enjoyed working with different people. respect and help you.
seniority based environment, any/all advancement based on seniority
Customer Service (Current Employee), GTAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: hourly wage is very good for retail position
Cons: limited work hours as scheduling is based upon seniority
Good secondary job. Very physical work. No other information to add regarding this position. It is a retail job dealing with the public. Crown Corporation.
Fun and Productive workeplace
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Georgetown, OntarioJune 30, 2014
Pros: wine tasting
Cons: very long lines
I was working Seasonal at the LCBO and since then, I have not found one job that can compare to the experiences I had there. I might have only been a Cashier but the staff and management made me feel like a valued member of the team.

Working in the Christmas season, every day was very busy and you had very little room for error. Returns and gift card – more... exchanges were the hardest part for me to master, but its something that every cashier job will have.

I come from working in factory environments where talking is frowned upon. So working as a Cashier and talking to people, even if it is general questions over and over again, it turned out to be the most enjoyable part of my job.

I encourage people to try and get into the LCBO as they are a very good company to work in. I have been trying to get back in myself. – less
great place to work at and very productive.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 17, 2014
Each day is a fun filled day with customers from all different backgrounds. The Co workers are great and easy to get along with. I wouldn't really say there is a hard part of the job except for standing for at least 5 hours. Overall the experience is great.
LCBO
Retail Service Clerk (Former Employee), Hearst, ONMay 25, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: intoxaciated customers/ financial insecurity
Customer friendly environment.
A Mnagement team that showed professionalism and guidance.
Loved it!!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: the day fly's by
Cons: rude customers
Learned so much. Great Staff. Very busy atmosphere. The LCBO cares about there staff. Accepting of all types of personalitites. You can move up in the LCBO very quickly if your a hard worker.
love the lcbo
Cashier---Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), bramptonMay 1, 2014
best work experience
nice staff
good customers
very well managed
Stable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
I generally begin my day by counting my cash til. I then ask my superiors what tasks need to be completed for the day. This can include but not limited to: stock, diverts, cycle counts, cashier til set ups, counting the safe, facing the store etc. I maintain a high level of customer service from the minute i enter and leave the premises. I engage in – more... conversation with all customers and aid them in finding the product most suitable to their needs. I enjoy engaging in conversations with my coworkers and try to make a light and friendly work atmosphere. – less
Summary of Seasonal help
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), HamiltonApril 22, 2014
Job was very fast paced. Work with some great associated during the Christmas season
Good work place
Customer Service Representative - Casual Employee (Former Employee), Niagara Falls, ONMarch 16, 2014
Nice place to work just not able to count on hours as a casual employee.
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: everyone was really friendly
Cons: very hard to get hours, goes by seniority.
Worked at the LCBO for the winter season - Seasonal
Working at the LCBO was an awesome experience. Management was good at communicating tasks and recognizing you for accomplishing tasks. Co-workers were always there if you needed any help or had any questions, everyone was really friendly. The hardest/scariest part of the job would be telling an intoxicated – more... customer that we can not serve them, a lot of the time they would get mad and start swearing at you but my co-workers and the management team always had my back in any situations like that. Most enjoyable part of the job was going in to see everyone day after day. – less
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 31, 2013
Love working here however it is only part-time position. Looking for Full-Time Opportunity.
Great opportnity for anyone that is serious about "Working"
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Ajax, ONNovember 5, 2013
I worked at Ajax location last winter season, it was the most simple and beneficial experience. From stocking shelves, assisting guests, cashing out customers and always keeping busy, the L.C.B.O treated me extremely well and fairly. There was never any favoritism and the hours were flexible.

A great place to work.
Enthusiastic and knowledgable staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Maple, ONOctober 16, 2013
- Providing effective customer service for products and events
- Engage with co-workers and work together for most beneficial customer experience
- Having the ability to overcome obstacles such as learning to operate equipment by utilizing training sessions offered through LCBO
clean steady work enviroment
shipper ,receavier (Former Employee), whitby,ontOctober 2, 2013
Pros: good pay and hours and benifits
government wharehouse shipper receaiver,clean and safe work environment ,
Great place to work, with a lot of great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 1, 2013
Pros: great location, fun, and easy
Cons: contract employee only
A typical day at work consisted of doing cash and customer service duties.

Working for the LCBO I learned a lot of product knowledge, and also how to work well with and around people.

Management and coworkers were all amazing, and really great to work with.

The hardest part was being a contract employee with a very little chance of moving up in the – more... company.

The most enjoyable part was the people, coworkers and customers. – less
Very Enjoyable
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 3, 2013
I was hired as a seasonal employee over the Christamas Holidays. Thanks to the strong skills of LCBO employees, I was able to learn the cash very easily and always balanced at the end of a busy shift. I learned how to establish whether or not a customer was intoxicated and should or should not be served, and how to provide the best customer service – more... by being knowledgeable about LCBO products. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have taken several human relation courses which has brought my customer service skills to a very high level. – less
Contract Customer Service Rrepresentative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Trenton, ONAugust 8, 2013
Pros: co-workers, job security
Cons: working every night and weekend makes a tough work/family balance
Co-workers are amazing, such a great team! Hours are unpredictable. You have to check the scehdule every time you go in because they may have changed something. This makes it hard to schedule life with kids. Extremely long wait to become full-time. Lots of opportunity to learn!
awesome
customer service (Former Employee), Welland, ONAugust 7, 2013
a typical day at work: stock and serve
what you learned: about wine etc
management: awesome
your co-workers: loved them
the hardest part of the job: standing long hours
the most enjoyable part of the job: recommending wine
Very fun to work there as the sky was the limit for sales
Store Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 15, 2013
Pros: lots of trade shows to go to met vintners from all over the world
Cons: driving to the gta sometimes 4-6 hours a day!
I would start early every day to clear my paperwork so that I would have time to work with the staff and help the customers. I learned a lot about product selection and inventory control. My coworkers varied in age dramatically but I found that no issue as I treated all the staff the same. The hardest part was stopping some of them for drinking on the – more... job! The best part was helping customers with their large orders and picking out various wines that would correctly pair off with food that the customers were looking for. The one store I managed in TO on Christmas week we hit a million in sales on the Thursday with 3 big sales day to go. We were one of only a few in the entire company to achieve this. – less

1 2 3

About LCBO

The Liquor Control Board of Ontario (LCBO) is a provincial Crown corporation in Ontario, Canada. It is accountable to the Ministry – Read more