LCBO

LCBO Employee Reviews

LCBO makes work fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working here is a breath of fresh air. Different personalities yet they all seem to mesh as one. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to help and teach.
An easy job with a more than fair pay rate.
You learn a great deal by interacting with customers of different ethnicities. Social skills improve immensely as a result. Learning about wines, spirits and beer can also help with learning about the world around you and how others live. The work environment could be a lot better & allow for employees to be more productive.
A day in the life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
i did the store set up for the LCBO. i also showed excellent customer service. i also did cashier and stocked products i never missed one shift and i was alway on time
Pros
helping people
Great place to learn how to be successful in the alcohol beverage industry.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Many different types of responsibilities and great place to learn about the industry. Fantastic training system in place teaching you about the products and also policies the LCBO has in place. The hardest part about the job was working the cash at Christmas time and before new years.
Great place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Mostly on cash during the day
management was great
hardest part of the job was refusing alcohol to minors and intoxicated people
Winter Fixed Term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2016
It was great working there. I had a fair and great manager and the staff were helpful and very friendly.
The winter fixed term contract is too short, but there are prospects of re hiring in early March late February. But no guarentee.
Pros
fast pace time went fast
Cons
contract too short
work environment is not good at LCBO Private Ordering
Clerk, Private Ordering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I like the actual job/work which is data entry and payment. Management is so disorganized. Supervisor is very rude and unprofessional. Co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is lack of proper training.
Pros
no pros in this company
Cons
work through lunch without pay
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONDecember 15, 2015
Best job i've worked at. abosolutely no complaints about the LCBO. mgmt is great and they treat the staff as equals. the work expectations are the same as any retail job, focusing on costumer services in keyt. overall the LCBO is a great working experience
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
time goes by slow
Productive and fun
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONNovember 24, 2015
It's a typical day at work. I learned. The boss managed. No co-workers. The hardest part was the job. The most enjoyable part of the was getting it done.
Pros
Your hungry for lunch.
Cons
Very long hours
fun people
Cashier and Served under strict standards (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 19, 2015
Lots of great training
start by getting in on seasonal.
fun to learn a lot about the alcohol and wines

people are fun to be around.
easy computer system to learn

Want to know more about LCBO?

Ask a question
Great family environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 2, 2015
A great place to help customers find what they need in many different categories and giving them the happy accomplished feeling from their shopping experience.
productive and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coniston, ONOctober 25, 2015
excellent place to work. I had the opportunity to meet many people, loved the work environment and the other staff I worked with. I learned a great deal what to help customers with in making selections. It can become a very busy place especially during holiday/long weekend times, but in general, it was an absolute pleasure to work there.
Pros
meet man new people
Cons
Productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Cashier, handling stock (Former Employee) –  Buckhorn, ONOctober 8, 2015
The LCBO gave me a lot of reponsibility which was a good learning experience for me. While taking the job of serving alcohol in a safe envornment my co-workers always made me feel welcome. It was always fun to go to work. I enjoyed keeping busy and having the opportunity to take on different tasks every shift.
Fun and busy
Retail /Customer Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONOctober 6, 2015
Loved working at the location I was at, my co workers were very helpful and accepting and the store I was at was very well run
Pros
Had the first hand of all new products and very easy to keep up to assist customers with choices
Cons
It was just a seasonal very part time job
Alright Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount ForestOctober 6, 2015
Only offer summer jobs anymore....definitely hard to get in full time, or even part time. Barely gave any hours all summer (10-15 on a good week). Not worth the hassle.
Monopolistic Joke
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  OntarioSeptember 14, 2015
Union philosophy throughout the organisation, horrible upper management uses bully tactics on store managers, expected workload hampered by "Policy a week" standards. Zero management training or backup from District Managers.
No reward for hard work and no incentives for employees. Supply chain management is a joke, with no accountability from anyone in charge.
Pros
Okay salary
Cons
Too many to list. Run, run fast from this pseudo company
Ability to work with others whether it be staff or customers
Casual CSR - Part Time (Current Employee) –  OakvilleJuly 19, 2015
I enjoy having the ability to help others find what they are looking and/or giving them my input into on new items. The staff are fantastic to work with and learning from them are great! The store manager is fantastic and is very informative!
Pros
The staff and customers
Cons
Not enough hours
A fun and stress-free environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 3, 2015
An employee friendly environment that offers flexible hours. Provides excellent training. Management is supportive towards employees.
Great Work Experience
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONJune 18, 2015
LCBO was a great work environment. Working at LCBO allowed me to advance my knowledge in product and sales. I also became more confident with my customer service skills which is crucial in any environment that involves dealing with customers/staff/employees etc.
Pros
good job oppurtunity
Cons
difficult to advance in a secure title when working part time/seasonal
hard work but very rewarding
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2015
This company excels when it comes to training in customer service. Wine courses and product tastings are always offered so employees will have greater knowledge of the products they sell.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management could really learn how to treat their employees