LCBO Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 March 2017
A typical day is spent with giving Outstanding Customer Service,
whether on the sales floor or on cash. I have learned about wines, beer and alcohol. I have learned to run a cash and challenge underage or intoxicated individuals and do it professionally. The management is great and it is a good culture. The hardest part of the job is dealing with intoxicated individuals. The most enjoyable part of the the job is dealing with the customers and building relationships with them.
Pros
great customers and environment
Cons
intoxicated individuals
Great schedule flexibility for students.
Service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON26 February 2017
LCBO has been a great opportunity to learn about wine, beer and spirits as well improve social interactive skills. The overall workplace culture can be taxing in the sense that full time employees do not seemed fulfilled by there life choices. The salary is exceptional for any student and the added flexibility to work around the school schedule was crucial when deciding to accept the job offer.
Good job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2017
The LCBO is a good place to work, most employees are decent and hard working. Upper Management for the most part were fair and organized. The salary is very fair for the work you are expected to do. The hardest part of the job is putting up with many obnoxious customers. For the most part the customers are friendly but unfortunately there are many who are not,
Pros
good atmosphere
Cons
demanding customers
I work for the government and I'm on E.I.
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Southern Ontario25 October 2016
By far the most depressing job I've ever had. Hours can be plentiful in peak season, but in order to achieve 35 or so hours a week, I have to work every day of the week. Off season, hours drop to about one or two 4 or 5 hour shifts in a week. Senior employees can be a pleasure to work with but most are not. The mentality of rushing to get product on the shelf is job one to many staff; fearful that management will scold them if a job is left undone. There are never enough staff to finish all the jobs safely, neatly and efficiently. Too many people with back, shoulder, hip, and feet issues.
Benefits take 5 years to take effect, and that's only if you work a set minimum number of hours over the course of the year, which most people do not. Full time positions are non existent and take about 12 years to get.
Warehouse spaces are over crowded with inventory in peak seasons. Work space in back of house is too small for power lift equipment. Adequate time to review mandatory documents and training sessions (iLearn) is not provided. We must basically sign off on many documents that remove the LCBO from any liability with no time to review and understand them completely.
Providing socially responsible service to Ontario
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Provincially run business generating billions of dollars in revenue for the province of Ontario through the responsible sale of alcohol. A typical day working at an LCBO in downtown Toronto is working as a cashier. I have learned to provide consistency in good customer service by inspiring customers to discover more about wines, spirits, and premium beers. Management is interested in boosting sales of alcohol at their location and is always competing against other locations. The hardest part of the job is commuting to work, store locations are not evenly distributed through Toronto. The most enjoyable part of the job is supervised sampling of alcoholic beverages.
Pros
Long vacation periods
Cons
Commuting long distances
Good Job- but will take years to gain seniority (10+) and over 30 hours week
Part-time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thornbury, ON18 February 2017
As a Casual employee, it is not a terribly challenging job, it is physical and it is retail, overall it is a good place to work. The Union is a good and bad thing, and while wages are above the average for retail type work being solely seniority based has its issues and challenges. You should expect short 4-5 hour shifts until your seniority is established which can take 8 years+. Some of the fun things are tastings - you learn a lot about products and how they are made.
Pros
People are wonderful, pay is good for retail.
Cons
Short shifts and can take 8 + years to advance no benefits for 4+ years.
Senior Systems Analyst
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Good work life balance. Not great opportunities for advancement. Semi unionized environment makes it undesirable to be in junior or middle management.
day time and evening shifts were part of job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 September 2016
Job advancement was profided.Permanant hours safe enviorment.Welcoming place with a chance to grow.Wine courses offered.

Chance to advance in the job.Flex vacations time.

Benifits and vacation time offered.

Customers were nice. Got to provide excellent customer service
Pros
fun place
Cons
lots if evening work.
Fun place to work, co-workers were helpful and lively, management was nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
- the hours were good, worked with my school work
- the management always tried to be fair with hours and breaks
- co-workers helped me learn the ropes and were lively and fun to work with
- pay was good for the work I was required to do
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2017
I have been with the lcbo for many enjoyable years and now looking to see what's out there for other opportunities. I have opportunity to use my skills on a daily basis.
Pros
Great salary and benefits
Cons
Working late
Good pay, needs more room for progression
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Great job and security, a bit repetitive in daily tasks. can be unfair with seniority, people who have been there longer take advantage. great management and good pay, overall good environment and fresh ideas
Cons
work weekend and long weekends
Great Part-time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 August 2016
I work full-time during the day, so working as a casual at the LCBO is a great gig for extra money. I am only available week nights, so I'm mostly on cash, helping customers, putting out stock and facing. I enjoy people and have learned alot about our products - especially wine! Alot of my co-workers are upset about hours being cut - they now have to work 7 days a week just to make ends meet (alot of them are single women). I am fortunate that I enjoy the 4 to 5 hour shifts and I don't need to work every day.
The management at my store is wonderful. I get time off when I ask (usually weeks in advance). Coworkers complain, but try working a non-government retail job. I mean the booze sells itself. We just have to stand there and take your $$.
I have been a casual now for almost 2 years. I plan on keeping this 2nd job as long as I can!
Pros
Alcohol sells itself! Don't have to be a pushy salesperson
Cons
Working Friday nights and Saturday
Great workplace and environment in Picton location. Management in Picton excellent and accommodating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Picton, ON12 January 2017
I enjoyed working here-- learned a lot. Work hours and advancement limited. Fellow employees willing to help and give advice in a friendly and helpful manner. Cashier duties are extensive.
LCBO - Awesome expeirence working in public sector
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
I worked at LCBO for more than a year and I learned a lot here. I really appreciate my team members for such a great work culture and good place to work in,
Good Job; Boring shifts
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 October 2016
Basic labor warehouse job, unloaded cases of alcohol on factory line. 4 p.m- 12 a.m shift Monday- Friday. Management very friendly and laid back if the line was kept in order. Isolated and no communication with co-workers as each person operated their own frait. Boring shifts as we were no allowed to listen to music and had to listen to nothing but factory noise for 8 hours
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring shift
A great company!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON13 February 2017
A great place to work if you are FULL TIME. this comes with higher pay, full benefits, and paid vacation.
Unionized.
always learning the brand. customer service is a must working for the LCBO.
A great place to work but only short contract positions offered.
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ON19 August 2016
The LCBO was a great place to work. The management and employees have a good repartee and understanding of the work balance. Both were very helpful and informative.
Customer service is high on the list and I appreciate that. Everyone is productive with an excellent knowledge of safety.
I would recommend it as a great place to work!
Pros
Terrific treatment of new employees. Friendly employees and considerate staff.
Cons
Contract position offered only with a lot of regulars already listed.
Very lovely work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON6 May 2016
Working at LCBO was very beneficial as I worked as a summer work term employee while going through school. It was a very good opportunity to advance my customer service skills as I dealt with a variety of customers and staff. I would recommend to anyone as a temporary job, but certainly not full time as they rarely have full time employees that receive benefits. Most of the people I worked with were still deemed part time after working at LCBO for 10+ years.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Great Place to work, looking for a different life style of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2016
Helped customers find what they were looking for. Stocked shelves, worked on cash. Helped tidy store after closing. My co-workers were great and friendly. Management were vert friendly also. I learned a lot of customer skills.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
A lot of lifting
Fun place to work
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 January 2017
Lcbo is a great place to work. Its good job security and simple and easy to do. You meet amazing people and it's easy money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LCBO. Our community is ready to answer.