LCBO Employee Reviews

csr
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 19, 2016
forty hrs a week good days and bad
almost everything I could
they come and go people get moved around
good days and bad
dealing with some customers
enjoying helping peole
Great summer job for students
Customer Service Representative - Summer Fix-Term (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONSeptember 9, 2016
The LCBO was a good place to work, working retail there, the main focus is customer satisfaction and always serve the customer first.
Fast paced and friendly work enviroment
Summer Fixed Term Employee (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 8, 2016
A typical day at LCBO is very fast paced there are many customers coming in to the store and you have to have a strong product knowledge to help every one of them. The people working at the LCBO are all great and fun to work with
day time and evening shifts were part of job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 7, 2016
Job advancement was profided.Permanant hours safe enviorment.Welcoming place with a chance to grow.Wine courses offered.

Chance to advance in the job.Flex vacations time.

Benifits and vacation time offered.

Customers were nice. Got to provide excellent customer service
Pros
fun place
Cons
lots if evening work.
Senior Systems Analyst
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2016
Good work life balance. Not great opportunities for advancement. Semi unionized environment makes it undesirable to be in junior or middle management.
A great place to work but only short contract positions offered.
Sales Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hawkesbury, ONAugust 19, 2016
The LCBO was a great place to work. The management and employees have a good repartee and understanding of the work balance. Both were very helpful and informative.
Customer service is high on the list and I appreciate that. Everyone is productive with an excellent knowledge of safety.
I would recommend it as a great place to work!
Pros
Terrific treatment of new employees. Friendly employees and considerate staff.
Cons
Contract position offered only with a lot of regulars already listed.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 18, 2016
Enjoy working in the fast pasted environment. The employees are knowledgeable and fun to work with. It is an extremely busy place to work at, the days go by fast. I have become more assertive since working there.
Pros
Staff is fun and helpful
Cons
Little Hours
Perfect job for anyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 16, 2016
See myself working for Lcbo in the future but needed time off and they would not grant it for me sad to say but I had to quit without wanting to.
Pros
Learning about all the products
Cons
The system could be better.
Great Part-time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ONAugust 9, 2016
I work full-time during the day, so working as a casual at the LCBO is a great gig for extra money. I am only available week nights, so I'm mostly on cash, helping customers, putting out stock and facing. I enjoy people and have learned alot about our products - especially wine! Alot of my co-workers are upset about hours being cut - they now have to work 7 days a week just to make ends meet (alot of them are single women). I am fortunate that I enjoy the 4 to 5 hour shifts and I don't need to work every day.
The management at my store is wonderful. I get time off when I ask (usually weeks in advance). Coworkers complain, but try working a non-government retail job. I mean the booze sells itself. We just have to stand there and take your $$.
I have been a casual now for almost 2 years. I plan on keeping this 2nd job as long as I can!
Pros
Alcohol sells itself! Don't have to be a pushy salesperson
Cons
Working Friday nights and Saturday
Aweful place to work for.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 8, 2016
Not a respected employer. Higher management can do what they want without repercussion. Very disappointed with unprofessional and discriminating treatment from senior management.
Pros
Cons
unfair treatment of employees
Productive place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2016
i liked working there. management and stuffs are fun to work with.its a great place to work. i wish my contract was a little bit longer.
Aweful experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJuly 17, 2016
Your hours are basically non negotiable. Benefits are not received for many years. Management is atrocious. Staff is mainly disgruntled and lack morale or interest. Not recommended.
Pros
Cons
Hours (sporadic and unreliable)
OJT training
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 10, 2016
Hired recently. Two full days of in-class training at the start. Well done.

However, first day working on-the-job training at the cash register was an eye opener. Given the basics and then left to fend for yourself. Help was generally close by but difficult to get because they were busy themselves with customers.

In class training. CSR cashier training pathetic.
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with.
Cons
ON THE JOB training as a cashier shameful.
Hard to rely on consistent paycheck
CSR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 1, 2016
After 9 years as a casual, my hours have been cut twice. They can get away with giving me a 4 hour shift, and someone just hired will get a shift of the same length. No stability, always asked to stay a full shift at the last minute. Casuals at top rate get paid $7 per hour less than full time employees for doing the exact same work, even if you work the same number of hours. If you don't specify a weekday that you are unavailable, you could end up working 7 days a week, but short shifts. I went from 37 to 40 hours per week to 20 hours without any warning. There is also very much an "us" and "them" mentality as some fulltime employees feel that casuals are below them, even though they have been there themselves. I really regret wasting 9.5 years there, and am looking elsewhere.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No stability or security
Fantastic Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  London, ONJune 28, 2016
Great Benefits, friendly staff, lots of room to advance. Breaks were given, working environment was open, safe, easy. Takes some time to gain seniority, but if you're willing to put in the hours it's well worth it.
Productive and Active
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJune 15, 2016
Please see my Résumé as it details a regular working day My coworkers made the day go by quickly. Manager was there to over seen the day.
Its people`s wellness and safety are their priority!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ONJune 15, 2016
I was such a lucky person by being part of the LCBO team even if it was for a short period of time during the winter season. What I loved the most was when they all were aware of me during my first day at work and gave me that smile that would ask me: "Are you ok? I am here to help..just in case!".
Pros
Excellency and safety are definitively their priority.
Cons
Few permanent jobs
Hated the Union environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONJune 8, 2016
Love my job , loved most of the staff. did like the union. Hard to manage in an union. Culture is not flexible and hard to change for the better.
fun busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 6, 2016
good place to work, sometimes gets hectic but overall a good job
have to have good customer skills, be good with people ]
good coworkers range from young to old
Wonderful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 1, 2016
The LCBO is a welcoming, supportive work environment and anyone interested in joining the board is encouraged to do so.