LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Decent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
As a seasonal employee, you're paid quite a bit less than the permanent individuals there for doing what I felt like was a lot more work.
Regardless, they were friendly and tried to reduce your stress as much as possible. There was a Christmas potluck, which was nice.
-You get a LOT of hours depending on what you state your availability is
-You meet a lot of interesting (sometimes drunk) people, and learn to manage your stress in such a busy shop
-Permanent/casual re-hires are not as common as I would like
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
Pros: accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons: on-call, tough hours, overnights
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Fast paced environment and out going people to work with.
CSR, Cashier, Merchandising, Stock (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Pros: the money when the hours are there.
Cons: the lack hours due to seniority.
I was always the early, early bird to work. Never late for any of my shifts. I have an outgoing nature and great with people young and old. I was always there to assist my co-workers and customers. Management knew they could rely on me at all times. The hardest part of the job was being able to service and help everyone on a busy busy day. The best part of my job was seeing the faces of my co-workers and my customers too.
excellent environment, great coordinator
Culinary Instructor and Chef for product demos (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 15, 2016
Pros: able to cook your own menu
Cons: have to do own shopping
Chefs must purchase their ingredients and prep the food. We are reimbursed for the supplies however we must stay within a budget. the events room coordinator is very out going and easy to get along with. The assistants are just as friendly and willing to help.
Summer Contract Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 14, 2016
Working as a summer contract employee was great! I worked june-september and enjoyed every bit of it. Work shifts were either 5 or 8 hours and typically worked cash and stocked shelves. No weekends off, as a contract employee which was hard, gave little free time to enjoy the summer.
Good Company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Whitby, ONApril 4, 2016
Working here was a good experience. This company was multi-cultural as well. The co-workers were very welcoming and also effective when I needed the proper training to start working.
not reccomended
Print and Mail Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
Not the most welcoming place to work at, very political and for a multi billion dollar company they are very un-organized
Christmas coverage part time term
Temporary and Term Positions (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Robust working enviornment
Cons: Limited hours
Cashier sales of products (some)
Organize product in store
Assist customers with their purchases

Learned about company working procedures and products
enjoyable co-workers
Review.
C.S.R (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2016
I started out as a seasonal employee, it was a fun place to work. I was at the Coxwell location and everyone there were a blast to woork with.
a great place to work
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2016
I love working at the LCBO as a CSR. the hours as a casual are not stable, and there are no benefits, but the atmosphere is great and the flexibility for students is advantageous to their school
get a good experience
Electrician (Current Employee), yonge st and bay stMarch 22, 2016
get a good experience to how to rebuilt a new store and finish all equipment and all store lighting.I finished that job only with another one worker
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Great place to work that is both challenging, but easy going. Everyone in my store was a team player which made the whole environment so much better. Gained lots of knowledge on products and always continuing to learn. Management was great. I feel protected with the union.
Great employer
Fixed Term Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 27, 2016
Great place to work. Fast paced, yet fun. Would recommend to others seeking a job in customer service and those who like working with people.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orangeville, ONFebruary 27, 2016
It was a great place to work

It was a very busy time of year to work at the LCBO but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The staff was wonderful with all temporary christmas help!
excellent work atmosphere and co workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Pros: great staff
Cons: longer terms
It was a fun place to work right from day one. The staff made it very enjoyable and although it was a fixed term contract, I would gladly refer anyone to give LCBO a try.
LCBO makes work fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Working here is a breath of fresh air. Different personalities yet they all seem to mesh as one. Everyone is very friendly and is always willing to help and teach.
An easy job with a more than fair pay rate.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
You learn a great deal by interacting with customers of different ethnicities. Social skills improve immensely as a result. Learning about wines, spirits and beer can also help with learning about the world around you and how others live. The work environment could be a lot better & allow for employees to be more productive.
A day in the life
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Pros: helping people
i did the store set up for the LCBO. i also showed excellent customer service. i also did cashier and stocked products i never missed one shift and i was alway on time
Great place to learn how to be successful in the alcohol beverage industry.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Many different types of responsibilities and great place to learn about the industry. Fantastic training system in place teaching you about the products and also policies the LCBO has in place. The hardest part about the job was working the cash at Christmas time and before new years.
Great place
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 26, 2016
Mostly on cash during the day
management was great
hardest part of the job was refusing alcohol to minors and intoxicated people
Headquarters