LCBO

LCBO Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), OshawaDecember 16, 2014
I enjoyed the job the staff was very friendly. Excellent training.
Boring, repetitive job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 30, 2014
A typical day at work is standing at a cash register for hours on end with the occasion break to stock shelves. Very little chance for advancement or learning opportunities. I work with people who have 16+ years on the job and they are still considered "casual".
great pay and benefits, but difficult to advance
Acting Manager, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 7, 2014
stock and cash
many managers are hired from outside the LCBO and lack management skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 4, 2014
Pros: work around my school schedule
Cons: low wage
was a part time job for me while at university. decent hours, good people to work for.
Stressful environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: exams to give you product knowledge
No hours for the first 3 years, no benefits and it takes about 20 years to be promoted to full time.

Lots of heavy lifting, standing and repetitive movement.
depends on the day productive some and other not so
Labourer (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 23, 2014
Pros: knowing what new booze was coming through other then that nothing
a normal day at works held lots of laughs and got alot done alot of work some times to much . i learned how to tie a new knot . management was a joke most of the time. co workers were awesome got along great with everyone . the hardest part was a place called jack pot were the overflow of the shipping lines went and it was usually full cause there was – more... always to much work and not enough ppl . most enjoyable part was lunch and when i got a nice easy line to my self . – less
customer service rep
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 27, 2014
I love working for the LCBO because I love to deal with the public and I try my best to find what they are looking for. I am a team player and a go getter.
Not for everyone
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, very laidback
Cons: limited hours, limited consistency
The LCBO can be ver frustrating for anyone who is interested in the wine and spirits industry, job advancement is really hard because of seniority. Learning to work with difficult team memebrs is a good skill to have, but it can be extremely frustrating when you're on the clock
Customer Service
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), NewmarketSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: time flys by when it is the festive season
Cons: the shifts when it wasn't busy
Working contract for the Lcbo is not only challenging, but satisfying, as a cashier, l had the opportunity to learn about different types of alcohol, and pairing of the wine and spirits. However what made the job one to remember is the customers needs and challenges they brought forward at the time of year being Christmas, with food pairing and gift – more... purchasing. I not only enjoyed the customers and needs, but my colleagues who made coming into work a memorable one. We were like family in Newmarket and with the new store here in Newmarket, l still see my fellow employees.

I remember at Christmas eve and New years eve, with 30 people deep in my line, how enjoyable it was to keep not only my customer happy at my desk, but those in line awaiting to be served, and keeping the customer happy and of course their time waiting brief.

I have accumulated many stories working here, especially the mom asking the young son what energy drinks were mixed with, and he pretending he had no idea, as he winked at me, as we both new he had! The breakfast club, who would try to get in more then a few times a day, so as you can see their was never a dull moment. My experience as the LCBO is one l miss. Cheers – less
productive and enjoyable working with lobo
Merchandising & Stock (Former Employee), 195 donway westJuly 25, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: no cons
grate experience enjoyed working with different people. respect and help you.
seniority based environment, any/all advancement based on seniority
Customer Service (Current Employee), GTAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: hourly wage is very good for retail position
Cons: limited work hours as scheduling is based upon seniority
Good secondary job. Very physical work. No other information to add regarding this position. It is a retail job dealing with the public. Crown Corporation.
Fun and Productive workeplace
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee), Georgetown, OntarioJune 30, 2014
Pros: wine tasting
Cons: very long lines
I was working Seasonal at the LCBO and since then, I have not found one job that can compare to the experiences I had there. I might have only been a Cashier but the staff and management made me feel like a valued member of the team.

Working in the Christmas season, every day was very busy and you had very little room for error. Returns and gift card – more... exchanges were the hardest part for me to master, but its something that every cashier job will have.

I come from working in factory environments where talking is frowned upon. So working as a Cashier and talking to people, even if it is general questions over and over again, it turned out to be the most enjoyable part of my job.

I encourage people to try and get into the LCBO as they are a very good company to work in. I have been trying to get back in myself. – less
great place to work at and very productive.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONJune 17, 2014
Each day is a fun filled day with customers from all different backgrounds. The Co workers are great and easy to get along with. I wouldn't really say there is a hard part of the job except for standing for at least 5 hours. Overall the experience is great.
LCBO
Retail Service Clerk (Former Employee), Hearst, ONMay 25, 2014
Pros: management
Cons: intoxaciated customers/ financial insecurity
Customer friendly environment.
A Mnagement team that showed professionalism and guidance.
Loved it!!!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 2, 2014
Pros: the day fly's by
Cons: rude customers
Learned so much. Great Staff. Very busy atmosphere. The LCBO cares about there staff. Accepting of all types of personalitites. You can move up in the LCBO very quickly if your a hard worker.
love the lcbo
Cashier---Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), bramptonMay 1, 2014
best work experience
nice staff
good customers
very well managed
Stable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 30, 2014
I generally begin my day by counting my cash til. I then ask my superiors what tasks need to be completed for the day. This can include but not limited to: stock, diverts, cycle counts, cashier til set ups, counting the safe, facing the store etc. I maintain a high level of customer service from the minute i enter and leave the premises. I engage in – more... conversation with all customers and aid them in finding the product most suitable to their needs. I enjoy engaging in conversations with my coworkers and try to make a light and friendly work atmosphere. – less
Summary of Seasonal help
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), HamiltonApril 22, 2014
Job was very fast paced. Work with some great associated during the Christmas season
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: everyone was really friendly
Cons: very hard to get hours, goes by seniority.
Worked at the LCBO for the winter season - Seasonal
Working at the LCBO was an awesome experience. Management was good at communicating tasks and recognizing you for accomplishing tasks. Co-workers were always there if you needed any help or had any questions, everyone was really friendly. The hardest/scariest part of the job would be telling an intoxicated – more... customer that we can not serve them, a lot of the time they would get mad and start swearing at you but my co-workers and the management team always had my back in any situations like that. Most enjoyable part of the job was going in to see everyone day after day. – less
Productive and Fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, ONDecember 31, 2013
Love working here however it is only part-time position. Looking for Full-Time Opportunity.

1 2 3 4