LCBO Employee Reviews in Canada

Very lovely work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 6, 2016
Working at LCBO was very beneficial as I worked as a summer work term employee while going through school. It was a very good opportunity to advance my customer service skills as I dealt with a variety of customers and staff. I would recommend to anyone as a temporary job, but certainly not full time as they rarely have full time employees that receive benefits. Most of the people I worked with were still deemed part time after working at LCBO for 10+ years.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Decent workplace
Customer Service Representative (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 25, 2016
As a seasonal employee, you're paid quite a bit less than the permanent individuals there for doing what I felt like was a lot more work.
Regardless, they were friendly and tried to reduce your stress as much as possible. There was a Christmas potluck, which was nice.
-You get a LOT of hours depending on what you state your availability is
-You meet a lot of interesting (sometimes drunk) people, and learn to manage your stress in such a busy shop
-Permanent/casual re-hires are not as common as I would like
Secure and comfortable environment with opportunity for different experiences and to work with plenty of different people.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONApril 22, 2016
I enjoyed my time with the LCBO, they were very good to me and provided me with the necessary training and security for the job. I was able to to experience being on the floor in addition to working cash, speak with customers and give recommendations. I was able to develop skills related to time management, inventory management, and strong communication & interpersonal skills.
Pros
accommodating, friendly staff, flexibility in task selection for the day
Cons
on-call, tough hours, overnights
Fast paced environment and out going people to work with.
CSR, Cashier, Merchandising, Stock (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
I was always the early, early bird to work. Never late for any of my shifts. I have an outgoing nature and great with people young and old. I was always there to assist my co-workers and customers. Management knew they could rely on me at all times. The hardest part of the job was being able to service and help everyone on a busy busy day. The best part of my job was seeing the faces of my co-workers and my customers too.
Pros
the money when the hours are there.
Cons
the lack hours due to seniority.
An ok place to work. pays the bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 16, 2016
My normal day at work is everything and anything. master of everything reasonable for nothing

It really hard to know what i will be doing and what I'm suppose to do.

Thru my years of work, I have gained lots of information in the alcohol indrastry

When I started at the LCBO the management was amazing, kind, will to do what it takes to get things done and help staff, professional and personal. They really care.

Now in the current time, most of the managers are really disconnected from the staff. They never leave their desk.

My co-workers are the hardest part about the job. I could write a book on how bad they can be.

the most enjoyable part of my job is the customers. My favorite of the customers is the homeless. The looks they give when I have treated them like that a human.
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Co-workers
excellent environment, great coordinator
Culinary Instructor and Chef for product demos (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONApril 15, 2016
Chefs must purchase their ingredients and prep the food. We are reimbursed for the supplies however we must stay within a budget. the events room coordinator is very out going and easy to get along with. The assistants are just as friendly and willing to help.
Pros
able to cook your own menu
Cons
have to do own shopping
Summer Contract Employee
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 14, 2016
Working as a summer contract employee was great! I worked june-september and enjoyed every bit of it. Work shifts were either 5 or 8 hours and typically worked cash and stocked shelves. No weekends off, as a contract employee which was hard, gave little free time to enjoy the summer.
An easy job with a more than fair pay rate.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
You learn a great deal by interacting with customers of different ethnicities. Social skills improve immensely as a result. Learning about wines, spirits and beer can also help with learning about the world around you and how others live. The work environment could be a lot better & allow for employees to be more productive.
Great place to learn how to be successful in the alcohol beverage industry.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
Many different types of responsibilities and great place to learn about the industry. Fantastic training system in place teaching you about the products and also policies the LCBO has in place. The hardest part about the job was working the cash at Christmas time and before new years.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Great place to work that is both challenging, but easy going. Everyone in my store was a team player which made the whole environment so much better. Gained lots of knowledge on products and always continuing to learn. Management was great. I feel protected with the union.
Fast paced and multi-faceted place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
At the beginning of each shift you count your till, and organize your till. Then you begin to organize and make the store look presentable. While doing this, I am also handling customers, dealing with returns or exchanges and providing friendly, efficient service.
Christmas coverage part time term
Temporary and Term Positions (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONMarch 31, 2016
Cashier sales of products (some)
Organize product in store
Assist customers with their purchases

Learned about company working procedures and products
enjoyable co-workers
Pros
Robust working enviornment
Cons
Limited hours
work environment is not good at LCBO Private Ordering
Clerk, Private Ordering (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I like the actual job/work which is data entry and payment. Management is so disorganized. Supervisor is very rude and unprofessional. Co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is lack of proper training.
Pros
no pros in this company
Cons
work through lunch without pay
Wonderful Team Envirionment
Administrative Assistant to the CEO (Former Employee) –  Lake shore Head officeMay 9, 2016
Great work attitude and wonderful life balance. I only wish this could have turned into a full time position! Really enjoyed working here!
Pros
Excellent Compensation, and Life Balance
Cons
Was only contract
Winter Fixed Term
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2016
It was great working there. I had a fair and great manager and the staff were helpful and very friendly.
The winter fixed term contract is too short, but there are prospects of re hiring in early March late February. But no guarentee.
Pros
fast pace time went fast
Cons
contract too short
a great place to work
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2016
I love working at the LCBO as a CSR. the hours as a casual are not stable, and there are no benefits, but the atmosphere is great and the flexibility for students is advantageous to their school
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONDecember 15, 2015
Best job i've worked at. abosolutely no complaints about the LCBO. mgmt is great and they treat the staff as equals. the work expectations are the same as any retail job, focusing on costumer services in keyt. overall the LCBO is a great working experience
Pros
enjoyable
Cons
time goes by slow
excellent work atmosphere and co workers
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
It was a fun place to work right from day one. The staff made it very enjoyable and although it was a fixed term contract, I would gladly refer anyone to give LCBO a try.
Pros
great staff
Cons
longer terms
productive and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coniston, ONOctober 25, 2015
excellent place to work. I had the opportunity to meet many people, loved the work environment and the other staff I worked with. I learned a great deal what to help customers with in making selections. It can become a very busy place especially during holiday/long weekend times, but in general, it was an absolute pleasure to work there.
Pros
meet man new people
Good Company
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONApril 4, 2016
Working here was a good experience. This company was multi-cultural as well. The co-workers were very welcoming and also effective when I needed the proper training to start working.