LCBO Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 January 2017
Lcbo is a great place to work. Its good job security and simple and easy to do. You meet amazing people and it's easy money.
Pay 12/hr as cashier, free wine samples occasionally
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 January 2017
The environment feels respectful, depends which LCBO you work at. Since it's a government job, breaks are scheduled and always given. I enjoyed the training, learning workplace safety and lifting procedures. I never learned how to properly lift objects anywhere else. I was working cash, checking ID's, restocking shelves.
Pros
pay is 12/hr
Cons
short hours for first starters, it's difficult to get promoted because so many babyboomers work there and wont quit.
Awesome Part-time Gig
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 January 2017
Only worked at the LCBO for 1 season.
Fast-paced job as cashier during holiday season
Stocking shelves provided knowledge of product
Safety oriented organization
Great workplace and environment in Picton location. Management in Picton excellent and accommodating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Picton, ON12 January 2017
I enjoyed working here-- learned a lot. Work hours and advancement limited. Fellow employees willing to help and give advice in a friendly and helpful manner. Cashier duties are extensive.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2017
This was a very good experience although it was a fix term it was great, and hopefully opens the door for me in the future for further employment with the company
Pros
great experience
Cons
only fix term
Government bureaucracy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 January 2017
Each day comes with new challenges but, is definitely a great opportunity to learn. It has provided me a thick skin from individuals who have called me every name in the book. Although it takes a while to progress, It is a great secure job.
Good pay, needs more room for progression
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
Great job and security, a bit repetitive in daily tasks. can be unfair with seniority, people who have been there longer take advantage. great management and good pay, overall good environment and fresh ideas
Cons
work weekend and long weekends
Fun place to work, co-workers were helpful and lively, management was nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 January 2017
- the hours were good, worked with my school work
- the management always tried to be fair with hours and breaks
- co-workers helped me learn the ropes and were lively and fun to work with
- pay was good for the work I was required to do
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2016
The atmosphere is great , wonderful people , great pay but hours need to be more consistent, making sure current staff is at max hours before hiring more would be good
Productive and enjoyable work environment.
Sales Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 December 2016
A typical day at work requires a lot of customer service which also requires extensive product knowledge. Not only do I serve customers on the floor but also on cash. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I learn something new each day.
Let's get together
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 December 2016
The first time I went to LCBO to buy some wine, I was deeply impressed by its clean and tidy store, well-organized shelves, and the kind employees. It is a good place to work.
never seen a pong table there
Sr. Computer Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 November 2016
worked there more than 10 years
don't get injured on the job, they will terminate you
what else can be said, its a government job
Pros
salary
Cons
expensive lunches
Not a great fit for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 November 2016
Time for a change but a good working experience. I learn a lot about customer serves as well as wine/ alcohol knowledge. Familiar with service laws around alcohol. over all it was a great learning experience and took a lot from it.
Excellent Establishment
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 November 2016
this was a great place to work
people are friendly and progressive
and opportunistic atmosphere to work in
i recommend this organization to all young workers looking to start somewhere that can take them places
Pros
good hours
Cons
short lunch break
I work for the government and I'm on E.I.
CUSTOMER SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Southern Ontario25 October 2016
By far the most depressing job I've ever had. Hours can be plentiful in peak season, but in order to achieve 35 or so hours a week, I have to work every day of the week. Off season, hours drop to about one or two 4 or 5 hour shifts in a week. Senior employees can be a pleasure to work with but most are not. The mentality of rushing to get product on the shelf is job one to many staff; fearful that management will scold them if a job is left undone. There are never enough staff to finish all the jobs safely, neatly and efficiently. Too many people with back, shoulder, hip, and feet issues.
Benefits take 5 years to take effect, and that's only if you work a set minimum number of hours over the course of the year, which most people do not. Full time positions are non existent and take about 12 years to get.
Warehouse spaces are over crowded with inventory in peak seasons. Work space in back of house is too small for power lift equipment. Adequate time to review mandatory documents and training sessions (iLearn) is not provided. We must basically sign off on many documents that remove the LCBO from any liability with no time to review and understand them completely.
Fast paced and attention to detail is required while serving customers.
Cashier, beverage sales/customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Verona, ON25 October 2016
As I have worked at the LCBO Foodland, I would rate this job as a 3 out of 5. A Real LCBO would get a different rating Ask in person.
Pros
close to home
Cons
under paid
Great government job
Cashier, Product stocking (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 October 2016
Great laid back job
Long time on contract but once full time Great pay and vacation.
Hardest part of job would be the customers, I found fellow employers to be very relaxed and kind.
Great Place to work, looking for a different life style of work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 October 2016
Helped customers find what they were looking for. Stocked shelves, worked on cash. Helped tidy store after closing. My co-workers were great and friendly. Management were vert friendly also. I learned a lot of customer skills.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
A lot of lifting
Very friendly place to work
Contract - District Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
Excellent company to work for.. Job was interesting and so were the people. I learned a few new computer programs and the trainers were exceptional.
Good Job; Boring shifts
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 October 2016
Basic labor warehouse job, unloaded cases of alcohol on factory line. 4 p.m- 12 a.m shift Monday- Friday. Management very friendly and laid back if the line was kept in order. Isolated and no communication with co-workers as each person operated their own frait. Boring shifts as we were no allowed to listen to music and had to listen to nothing but factory noise for 8 hours
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring shift