The Law Clerk/Legal Assistant is responsible for coordinating a variety of administrative procedures to ensure a high standard of quality and superior client service in the office of a Sole Practitioner.
- Drafting correspondence and legal documentation including editing and quality assurance.
- Co-ordinate external and internal communication including mail, e-mail, fax, and telephone calls.
- Coordinate litigation files with various courts and tribunals.
- Client Intake and opening files in PC Law.
- Address client inquiries and schedule appointments.
- Maintain client files.
- Prepare client files for closure.
- Preparation of accounts.
- Preparation of expense reporting.
- Preparation of mail and courier packages.
- Coordinate and organize meetings, conference calls, and maintain agenda.
- Assist with other projects and support as required.
- Completed post-Secondary Education in Office Administration - Legal, or Law Clerk diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute, or suitable combination of education and litigation related experience is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of law office experience in litigation.
- Strong working knowledge of PC desktop tools such as word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, e-mail, and PC Law.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional presentation.
- Basic office equipment experience.
- Experience preparing and editing correspondence.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize job tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to respond effectively and professionally to changes in schedules and priorities.
- Ability to ensure consistent attention to details.
- Ability to work independently with a sole practitioner.
- Ability to exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive information.
- A positive, supportive, and professional attitude.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Melynda Layton has been a litigation lawyer since 1996. Her specialty is employment-related disputes. She provides advice to both employees...