Lawtons Drugs Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS12 October 2017
Great employees and supervisors are awesome really enjoyed the customer service of working here and helping people get there everyday essential needs!
good place to work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS21 September 2017
Start with getting cash trays and lotto ready for cashiers , designate jobs to employees, get deposit ready, make signs, check what is coming up on sale, help where needed, be able to solve problems
Learned to price file, place orders, provide great customer service,do planagrams,receive stock, management provided help when needed and staff had good morale.Hardest part was a lot of multitasking because of few staff, but always got done.Most enjoyable were the people.
Pros
good hours, helpful co-workers
Cons
salary not enough
Have nothing good to say about working for lawtons
Cosmetician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 September 2017
This place was the worst place of employement for me .. my cosmetic manager was very two faced and never spoke about me kindly . Did not treat me with any respect. Would talk about me to other employees on the floor . I worked as a beauty advisor. I ended up having to call human resources on her . I was to the point where I had to force myself to go there everyday until I found other employment..But it honestly made things worse lol . I would not recommend working for Lawson's ... pay is terrible for all the tasks u do as a cosmetician. And the employee discount is no better lol
Pros
No pros
Productive workplace
Receiver (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 September 2017
Friendly staff, nice area to work in. My boss is reasonable and amazing to work for. Been working for lawtons for 7 years and I love it. It was a big change for me.
Pros
Excellent staff, awesome boss
Cons
Bad pay and bad drive in winter
One of my favourite jobs To date!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 September 2017
Working at lawtons was on of my favourite jobs. The environment was always positive, the management cared about you as an individual. There was company Christmas parties. The ceo would visit from time to time and chat with the employees. It was a great experience
Lawtons Bayers Road
Cashier/shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 August 2017
Cashier, sales floor and supervising
I learned how to process the daily functions in a cash office
Management was very willing to provide training
Culture there was a team
Processing/blancing other cashiers daily cash drawers
Enjoyable was meeting and assisting the customers
Pros
Discount
Cons
None that I can think of
Nice place, lots of skills but easy to take on.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Musquodoboit Harbour, NS20 June 2017
I worked at a small Lawtons and it was an easy job, not really exciting but close to home and the people were nice. The store had plenty of things to do but late at night it tended to be long and boring. Overall it was nice.
Pros
Good atmosphere with things to do
Cons
Boring around the end of the day
Fast pace and detail oriented.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Breton, NS10 April 2017
Show up. Work hard. Over time is going to happen. Day doesn't end until work is done. Staff are a tight knit bunch. Be prepared to work past your designated shift.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Could be long hours depending on the day.
Fast paced but filled with gossip
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2017
The customers and the actual job part of working here was pretty good. Fast paced and busy with lots of customer service. But dealing with coworkers that mostly want to talk behind each other's back is stressful and makes it hard to put in 100% at the actual job.
Great place to work.
Supervisor Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS15 January 2017
The hardest part of the job would be to deal with unsatisfied customers. With my skills, I am able to easily problem solve quickly and resolve issues.

Want to know more about Lawtons Drugs?

Ask a question
Great management and Atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lower Sackville, NS9 November 2016
Great benefits with included store discounts. Management was easy to talk to and very caring. Great hours and ability to work at other locations. Great team spirit.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Poor Wage
Staff is like family
Pharmacy assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 May 2016
I enjoyed my time at Lawtons, the staff is very friendly making it easier to go to work : )
however, management wasn;t the greatest .
Great place to work with great coworkers
Avalon Mall St. John's-Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL8 May 2016
Usually very busy, learned how to communicate well with customers, coworkers were very kind, late nights and busy weekends were difficult but manageable,
Pros
friendly coworkers
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2016
- overall benefits are great
- christmas bonus is great
- all employees worked with are amazing and friendly
- The work apparel is comfortable and appropriate
- I have learned many things about working with people, working in a fast paste environment
Fun, Fast-Paced Envrionment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Placentia Bay, NL13 April 2016
The job was very hands on, I was constantly on my toes with helping costumers and stocking shelves. The fast pace of the job kept me intellectually stimulated and the shifts seemed to fly by. My co-workers and Manager were fun to work with.
enjoyable people, relaxed workplace, non stressful
Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 March 2016
A typical day at work would consist of keeping the store to its standards by stocking/facing the store, managing the money in the safe and counting employers tills. At the end of the night i was faced with paperwork that needed to be taken care of and settle every departments tills and have all the money in the safe at the end of the night. I learned how to deal with people and supervise a retailing store.I didn't really think of the job being hard because you got into a routine after awhile. The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees since they were all typically young and i got along with them
Pros
flexible with university
Cons
not enough hours
Custommer service orientented
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 March 2016
Very genuine and understanding team of people.
Customer oriented environment, focusing on satisfying the client first.
Most Locations are awesome
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS24 January 2016
most of the stores that i have worked in have been really great! nice employees with awesome attitudes. Just wish the managment at a specific location would have been a little better...
Pharmacy assistant 1 (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 December 2015
It is a good place to work and grow yourself, I found work in the pharmacy much more demanding than front cash simply due to the tasks I was dealing with.
poor management
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 August 2015
The work is enjoyable. I do cash/ debit transactions, shelf stocking, price files and expiry checks, credit returns etc. A typical day depends on if you are working on the sales floor or cash. Cash will handle transactions, credit returns, price files and expiry checks. Floor will cover price files and expiry checks, shelf stocking, display set up etc. Management is poor. I think they need to practice informal resolution more often and treat all employees equally. it feels to me as if there is some favouritism happening here. My co workers are great. Aside from the odd person here or there. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i mostly do day shifts. the hardest part is dealing with management.