Our dynamic small company is looking for a friendly, motivated property manager to contribute to its 50+ year proven track record.
We are looking for an experienced property manager for our multi-residential portfolio. The property manager is responsible for the daily operations of the buildings, management of onsite staff, tenant relations, costing and budgeting, and the implementation of legislation and guidelines.
The property manager is assisted by the administrative and accounting staff and reports to the President of the company.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Visit all the properties on a regular basis to provide support to the onsite superintendents and ensure that company policies and standards are being met
- Ensure timely collection of rents and issue notices on a monthly basis; analyze arrears reports and engage in best course of action
- Attend tribunal hearings as required; accompany superintendents attending hearings
- Address and coordinate all requests for maintenance, ensuring best practice at all times
- Supervise and maintenance staff for efficiency and cost-control
- Liaise with tenants in a timely fashion to ensure that their concerns are being addressed. Handle written correspondence with tenants independently
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reports on operations, tribunal matters, vacancy status, renovation status, and major projects
- Obtain estimates and quotes on necessary repairs and reconcile with invoicing; data entry for invoicing
- Supervise and project manage all major repairs and capital projects
- Assist the President with the preparation of annual major repair budgets and recommend appropriate course of action annually with respect to major structures and systems such as roof, parking lot, exterior walls, parking garage, elevators, HVAC, electrical systems
- Conduct and document annual building inspections, as well as routine follow up to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner
- Stay informed on legislative changes and devise specific recommendations on implementing them
- Prepare and deliver training to onsite superintendents
- Keep president informed at all times of building activities
- Other duties as they arise and are assigned
Personal skills include
- Demonstrate positive and enthusiastic attitude towards the company and its goals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Prepare written information clearly and concisely with proper style and grammar
- Organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills to maintain good superintendent and tenant relations
- Ability to deal efficiently with people complaining
- Open and approachable, seeking new challenges and responsibilities
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Recognize and bring to the attention of the President opportunities to improve services to clients and residents
- Keep abreast of trends through ongoing reading and professional development. Attend professional development courses or seminars when offered and submit report on the subject
Education and experience include:
- The ideal candidate has a post-secondary degree in a related field
- 5 – 10 years experience in the field
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English; excellent telephone manners
- Good working knowledge of computers and software such as Word, Outlook, and Excel. Knowledge of Spectra or Yardi is a bonus
- A valid driver’s license and a vehicle at his/her entire disposal
What can we do for you?
As a small company, we offer the opportunity to experience the property manager’s job from all angles and give you the opportunity to play a pivotal role in the running of the buildings. We value dedication and integrity and reward it with a commensurate pay package, flexible working hours, personal days, TGIF days, seminars and professional development, and charitable give and take days.
In your cover letter, please explain how your experience fits in with our company and provide us with your salary expectations.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Our company began in the very early 1900's when our founder, Bert H. Grant, emigrated from England as a young, energetic and single artisan...