Job Title – Lawyer
LawDepot is the most advanced publisher of web based do-it-yourself legal documents. Using a unique step by step method, LawDepot simplifies the process of creating a customized legal document. LawDepot products cover all facets of the legal industry including: Estate Planning, Family Law, Real Estate, Business and Human Resources. Over one million satisfied customers have trusted LawDepot to solve their legal needs. LawDepot is also an Alexa top 10K ranked website and attracts close to one million monthly visitors.
LawDepot.com is currently expanding and looking to recruit a Lawyer in Edmonton, Alberta. Working within the Legal team, you will be responsible for developing online legal contract templates and website content. This is a full time permanent position, working 40 hours per week.
- Draft, review and revise online legal document templates
- Regularly conduct research and ensure documents are legally sound
- Make changes to legal templates using an internal content management system
- Develop helpful articles and FAQ material to assist with a general audience completing our forms
- Conduct analysis to identify opportunities and implement product enhancements
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Post secondary education in the field of Law (articling experience is not mandatory)
- Solid background in drafting form agreements
- Good computer knowledge and the ability to use document editing tools
- Excellent legal research skills
- Great “non-legal” writing skills and the ability to communicate legal information to a general audience
- Direct client interaction is not required with this position
Why you should join the LawDepot team:
We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive health and dental benefits, flexible work hours, paid vacation plus bonus personal days, company share plan, a paid weekly catered lunch for the entire office and a casual work environment.
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter (MS Word, PDF, or text) by replying to this posting.
We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.