Busy Senior Practitioner requires a Legal Assistant/ Law Clerk for varied practice with an emphasis on family law. The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of family law experience and litigation, must be a strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills on order to deal with all levels of clientele. Excellent remuneration, commensurate with experience. All applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Primary Duties Include:
- Preparation and editing of legal documents and correspondence
- Maintaining calendars, and scheduling appointments
- Maintain and organize client files on a daily basis (both paper and electronic)
- Transcribe dictation
- Other administrative duties as required
- Minimum 5 years of family law and litigation experience
- Solid understanding of current Family Law Rules and legislation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills using MS Office Suite, PC Law and DivorceMate
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while paying attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter in confidence in the manner described.
We thank all applications for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.