Laurentian University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Teaching was exciting though resources for teaching were sometimes scarce.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 7, 2015
Pros: Students were adults and were of good behavior most of the time thus enhancing academic work.
Cons: Lack of resources for effective teaching and learning was the main headache.
A day begun with lectures after which questions were solicited from students.I was also available for supervising students projects.The hardest thing was when I didn't have the needed chemicals to undertake some of the practical work.
I felt very glad when my students obtained very good grades.
Great part time summer student job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONFebruary 11, 2015
Great part time summer student job. Would like to return if I am back in Canada in the summer. Enjoyed the other staff and work environment.
I enjoyed it for sometime but eventually grew tired of it.
Custodian (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 15, 2014
Pros: working by myself
Cons: doing too much of other peoples work for the same pay as them.
A typical day for me was doing my work as well as my coworkers which had nothing to do with me. I learned that the more you know the more they want you to do, the better worker you are the more you are taken advantage of. When you work in a group there are always coworkers that are nice to your face but not so nice behind your back. The hardest part of my job was doing more than I should of been doing for the same wage as some of my coworkers that I had to do some of their work for. Being able to chat with some of the clients that I had gotten to know well over the years.
productive and supportive work environment.
Research assistant (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 26, 2014
Pros: supportive and motivational environment
Cons: appreciation of work
management is very supportive.
Learned how to work in group, as a leader for a project and how to meet deadlines.
Learned to follow schedule by arrange meetings every week
hardest part of job is multitask and which i like to do, so its not hard for me
Most enjoyable part is to design various structures and programming to create innovative designs
Finite element modelling to analyze various structures.
Great learning experience and knowledge gained
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 13, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: hard on vision, staring at computer prolonged periods
Assess my time wisely
Organize many files and themes
Constructive feedback given and received
Prompt, swift and reliable delivery of articles, data and various information
Outstanding Employer with Educational Benefits
Retired - Secretary, Contact (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: meeting individuals from around the world
Cons: must be professional to provide high quality service to the university population
Laurentian University provides job opportunities to the Sudbury community and without doubt compliments everyone's future opportunities offering education free to those employed. Best benefits, outstanding training programs, room for growth, and most of all the diversified population of the university means everyone can find a place to fit in.
Great Placement
Nursing Student (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 12, 2014
I thoroughly enjoy the placements Laurentian has offered me throughout my education. Nursing is an amazing profession and Laurentian is providing hands-on experience to better prepare the students.
Cleaning classrooms and bathrooms
Janitor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 29, 2013
When I first worked here everyone was nice but towards the end, my boss was harder on me, but I loved to clean and keep myself busy and that is the only reason a stayed plus I learned how to clean properly with the right chemicals. The only thing i didn't like about my job it , that it was graveyard so the hours were hard on me but I eventually got used to it.
Great experience
Part-time Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 17, 2013
As an international student, it was great experience for me. People in the department are awesome. I could learn a lot there.
fun working in great envioenment and culture
Graduate Trainee Assistant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 10, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
training asistant job was to spport the professor because of busy schedule . Here I developed skills for public speaking an experience to deal with undergrad students acadamic issues.
Teaching assistant
Teaching assistant & Private Tutor (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONApril 14, 2013
Pros: good income
Assisted college students in understanding concepts and preparing for exams in their Financial Accounting 1&2 class.
Prepared weekly lesson plans to help students prepare for their freshman FA course.
Taught essential aspects of writing a company analysis essay; how to research company information, create an appropriate accounting statement, etc.
Assisted teacher in marking examination papers and answering questions about it.
Great opportunity for working with students and gaining leadership skills
Tour Guide (Former Employee), Sudbury, OntarioJanuary 2, 2013
loved giving tours to prospective students and promoting the school. Flexible scheduling, good pay.
Good culture and work environment
Intern • Research assistant of Professor Wang Zhen (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONJuly 17, 2012
It is a good place to get further study or work which I highly recommend.
Environnement de travail agréable.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 29, 2012
Pros: personnel chaleureux
Cons: j ai rien à dire.
J’aime tout de cette université: études, travail, personnel
Un emploi typique
Les opportunités de développement sont disponibles
Tout le monde collabore très bien.
L’aspect le plus difficile de mon poste: il n y pas de remarque
L’aspect le plus agréable de mon poste: aider, montrer, superviser, les étudiant sous gradués