About the Company
Laura Siegel is an award-winning fashion designer based in New York. Her ethically handcrafted, easy to wear textured pieces are designed in collaboration with artisans in Asia and Latin America.
After receiving her formal design education at Parsons School of Design in New York City and London’s Central Saint Martins’, Siegel honed her skills in silver-smithing, knitting, natural dyeing, embroidery and accessory design with top industry professionals and skilled artisans. Her work has taken her to all corners of the globe, enabling the young designer to work for and collaborate with international designers such as Megan Park, Life with Bird, Yigal Azrouel, Luca Luca, and Arthur Mendonca. Siegel’s travels and insights into diverse design processes and unique production methods have shaped her ethically handcrafted collection while enabling artisans in third world countries to preserve their cultures and crafts.
Siegel’s work has been recognized in Vogue Italia, Elle Canada and Futureclaw, and her designs have been worn by artists and supermodels such as Nelly Furtado and Niki Taylor. In 2010, she received Designer of the Year nomination from her graduating thesis at Parson’s School of Design. In her time at Parsons she received the Chase Scholarship and the Gap Inc. Design Award. In 2009, Siegel was a finalist in Louis Vuitton and Parsons Reconstruction Project. In 2010, her team Rock, Paper, Scissors was a finalist for their film and fashion collaboration in LVMH’s The Art of Craftsmanship Revisited.
Laura Siegel Collection is seeking a dedicated, hard-working, and enthusiastic individual. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their career within the fashion industry and the Laura Siegel brand. Responsibilities entail assisting with day-to-day tasks, event planning, and implementing marketing tactics.
- Assist in day-to-day administrative tasks
- Conduct market research
- Assist in planning trade shows and presentations (ie. Fashion week)
- Maintain contact database
- Implement social media updates
- Assist in producing look books and line sheets
- Pursuing a career in fashion
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative thinker with strong time management skills, attention to detail, and willingness to learn
- Able to collaborate with employees at Laura Siegel Collection
- Strong knowledge in social media
- Adept at Microsoft Office and Publisher
- Possess positive energy, dedicated, and hard working
This is an unpaid internship. The successful candidate will work 2-3 days per week the end of October 2013.