Laura Secord

Laura Secord Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
relaxed work setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONJune 4, 2014
prepare gift baskets and waffle cones, smell yummy treats all day
Professional workplace
Associate (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMay 7, 2014
Pros: taste testing chocolate
Laura Secord was a good environment to work in, I enjoyed the people and the work itself. I opened and closed the store, worked cash, served ice cream, wrapped chocolate/gifts in a presentable manager, knowledge of product, and upsold all product.
Fun environment, great co workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brantford, ONMarch 15, 2014
Pros: tasty samples and great staff
Scooping ice cream, selling chocolate... Seeing smiles of people and stories of traditions. Great Job only downside was pay and available hours. Served me well for years while in school. Not money to raise a family on, but great fun for the part time job seeker.
Got experience and love to eat the chocolate
Cashier/Assistant (Former Employee), Windsor, ONMarch 11, 2014
Pros: got to try chocolate and ice cream for tasting
Cons: strain on wrist
I love Laura Secord, I had a great staff that I worked with they were easy going, and always happy. A typical day, would be busy, fast paced. Dealing with dissatisfied customer was the hardest part of my job. Most enjoyment was working in a good environment.
wokrplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBMarch 2, 2014
Laura Secord was the first place to work in canada. It was not too long but I worked there for 2 months only and of course I learned alot form there too.
N/A
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2014
Fun and enjoyable company to work for. Learned a lot about retail stores.
Amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: group work parties
Cons: temptation of the product
A typical day at work involves serving many happy customers ice cream and chocolate products that Laura Secord has to offer.

Ive learned great customer service skills, how to deal with people and management skills earning my place as a key holder.

Management is extremely good at Laura Secord. Stuff is organized and everything is dealt with in a comfortable – more... and friendly manner.

My co-workers are extremely friendly and very easy-going. Everyone is likeable and it makes for a good environment to work in.

Hardest part of the job is sometimes dealing with people who do not want to be professional, and maintaining your composure while dealing with them.

Overall the most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with amazing management and staff who make you look forward to coming to work. – less
Nice work plasce
Work has Cashier (Current Employee), ottawa ontarioJanuary 19, 2014
Cons: not much hours
Working at Laura Secord its cool! We learn a lot! the manager is a good person she knows what she does! everone gets along.
My experience from working there
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), New Glasgow, NSJanuary 8, 2014
Laura Secord was a great place to work. The other employees were good to work with and it was very easy to catch on to the work there.
Best job ever
Cashier / Sales Rep (Former Employee), mississaugaDecember 2, 2013
Pros: friends custermers
Cons: nothing
I loved working here best job in the world. Good friends awesome custumers! learned sales helps me alot in my current jobs. hardest part is not getting the custermer exactly what they want.
Sweet place to work!
Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: training consisted of tasting all the chocolate. good wages and full benefits.
Cons: long hours on occassion.
I managed 2 stores so my days were spent travelling between these outlets. Most days were pretty laid back and because of what we sold there were not many complaints or problem customers. Holidays would and could boost up to 80 or 90% in a very short period of time so we always had to plan ahead and make sure we had sufficient stock and staff to be – more... able to meet customer expectations. There really wasn't too much that I could complain about in this position other than it was pretty busy travelling as much as I did between the 2 stores and it was not always easy to recruit stable staff on the part-time hours that were available so I ended up covering many extra shifts myself. Obviously the most enjoyable part of this job was having to maintain freshness with all of our stock which meant regularly tasting and sampling the chocolate. Management was very good and kept store managers and staff up-to-date on any new changes within the company and regularly held meetings to touch base and take suggestions from both management and staff. – less
Great work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: some staff didn't respect you
cash register (closed store) / debit machine
scooped ice cream
wrapped gift boxes
cleaned the store
re-stock shelves
great co-workers
My favourite job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: comfortable pace, good customer base, good management
Cons: short hours
This was the longest and best job I worked. I learned much about the workplace, as this was also my first management role at the age of 17. I worked here for nearly four years, and watched the company grow and change many times. Management was thorough in their explanations and their task dispense, they made sure we always understood what was going – more... on. I learned to deal with these changes comfortably, and accept and work with them. My co workers were fabulous, and wonderful people. I made many friends from this job and still see them often to this day. There wasn't really anything hard about the job that I can remember, I enjoyed 100% of my work. Even the cleaning. – less
A Tasteful place to have my first work experience!
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2013
Pros: good hours, great employeers and tasty samples!
Cons: contious standing
I learned many new skills while working with the company, I made many connections and created friendships with people who have taught me many life lessons. Everyday going to work involved tasting new flavours of ice cream and chocolates. Talking to many customers from all walks of life and creating relationships with people whom you would otherwise – more... just pass on by. – less
Fun place to work selling chocolate and ice cream
Manager (Former Employee), White Oaks Mall London ONDecember 10, 2012
As the store manager my day consisted of mentoring team members to acheive personal and store sales targets, provideing great customer service and keeping the store running smoothly. I had a great team the enjoyed working with me and I enjoyed working with them.
Fun place to work selling chocolate and ice cream
Manager (Former Employee), White Oaks Mall London ONDecember 10, 2012
Productive and creative making gift baskets, gift bags full of scrumptious, quality chocolates and other sweets to our valued customer base.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONSeptember 4, 2012
Pros: quality products and positive minded co-workers.
Cons: not enough hours--part time only available
Positive and energetic work environment. As a keyholder my responsibilities include opening/closing procedures. Learning procedures for ordering products. Maintaining a clean store and creative merchandising is productive and exciting. We are a team of customer focused individuals and are each considerate to provide a happy, safe, no negativity atmosphere – more... for each other. We take on a hands on attitude when it comes to job sharing. I love to interact with the customer and am very passionate in sales. Determining their needs and seeing them leave with a quality product and a smile assures me of repeat sales and new customers through word of mouth comments about the sales relationship I develop with each customerl. It's a win win situation! – less
Management at Laura Secord
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee), Sault Ste Marie,ONMarch 29, 2012
Pros: pleasant atmosphere and positive enviorment
Cons: night shifts and weekends
Daily schedules, time sheets, emails, sales goals.
Sales environment of chocolate products and gifting.
Merchandising for seasons.
Management of 8 staff, training customer service and sales goals,
merchandising of shop

Organizing daily and weekly goals
Customer satisfaction and a great product.
It was a very good place to work, very nice boss and give me a good experience in the workforce.
Cashier (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBMarch 19, 2012
Pros: 10% discount on their product
Cons: not enough hours
I help making shake and ice cream cone. Sold different kind of chocolate. Help customer find what they where looking for.
a great work place where u can meet new people
sales (Current Employee), hamilton, onMarch 6, 2012
Laura Secord is a great company to work for. They look after their employees and they work around your schedule. i love people people with there needs.