Laura Secord Employee Review

View all Laura Secord reviews

Sweet place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2013
I managed 2 stores so my days were spent travelling between these outlets. Most days were pretty laid back and because of what we sold there were not many complaints or problem customers. Holidays would and could boost up to 80 or 90% in a very short period of time so we always had to plan ahead and make sure we had sufficient stock and staff to be able to meet customer expectations. There really wasn't too much that I could complain about in this position other than it was pretty busy travelling as much as I did between the 2 stores and it was not always easy to recruit stable staff on the part-time hours that were available so I ended up covering many extra shifts myself. Obviously the most enjoyable part of this job was having to maintain freshness with all of our stock which meant regularly tasting and sampling the chocolate. Management was very good and kept store managers and staff up-to-date on any new changes within the company and regularly held meetings to touch base and take suggestions from both management and staff.
Pros
Training consisted of tasting all the chocolate. Good wages and full benefits.
Cons
Long hours on occassion.

Other Laura Secord Employee Reviews

Fun place to work for
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 October 2017
Enjoyed working there. had great Bosses.. before i came a manager... was transferred a few times due to store closing..
typical day was driving to Toronto every day.. getting store ready to open.. read emails, inventory, count cash, do banking.
Not the greatest management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 October 2017
The work environment was very relaxed, not a busy location so we didn't have crazy business. Management was not the greatest, not very professional at the time that I worked there (2014-2016) but my coworkers and the customers made it worthwhile.
Pros
Store Discount
Cons
Lots of down time