Laura Secord Employee Review

View all Laura Secord reviews

Sweet place to work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2013
I managed 2 stores so my days were spent travelling between these outlets. Most days were pretty laid back and because of what we sold there were not many complaints or problem customers. Holidays would and could boost up to 80 or 90% in a very short period of time so we always had to plan ahead and make sure we had sufficient stock and staff to be able to meet customer expectations. There really wasn't too much that I could complain about in this position other than it was pretty busy travelling as much as I did between the 2 stores and it was not always easy to recruit stable staff on the part-time hours that were available so I ended up covering many extra shifts myself. Obviously the most enjoyable part of this job was having to maintain freshness with all of our stock which meant regularly tasting and sampling the chocolate. Management was very good and kept store managers and staff up-to-date on any new changes within the company and regularly held meetings to touch base and take suggestions from both management and staff.
Pros
Training consisted of tasting all the chocolate. Good wages and full benefits.
Cons
Long hours on occassion.

Other Laura Secord Employee Reviews

Chocolate
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2018
Servings customers, handling chocolate.
Who Laura Secord was.
Manager was great.
Friendly environment
Trying not to eat the chocolate.
The people.
Great Team
Store Managment (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 January 2018
The store level teams were amazing, as a manager you are in control of the environment within your store. With the right team you can have a lot of fun.
Pros
your team
Cons
retail ups and downs