Laura Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Depending entirely on where you're placed (ie. Your co-workers, your manager, your location) it can be a very enjoyable job.
Lead Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: no benefits, no proper performer appraisals, no recognition, no support, no growth opportunity.
I spent 2 and a half years working with this company at the Toronto Eaton Centre location (which has since closed). I was hired as a service coordinator with open availability, Monday-Friday, all day. For the first year I worked up to 40+ hours a week. After about a year that tapered off to a steady Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:30 usually. At one point during my employment I was the only service coordinator for that location for a period of time. I felt over-worked and under appreciated and asked my manager multiple times to hire one more person to no avail. After a few months of this we fonay hired more service coordinators. I was "promoted" (with no pay) to lead coordinator of about 2-3 girls. In that time I was learning/being taught in the visual department and enjoying it immensely. However I was never considered a position to be able to move forward in that field, even as opportunities to do so arose.
In the start of my 2nd year my manager (of that location for 13 years) was relocated along with the entire management team. They replaced a 3 person team with, at the time, one person. And during the year this person was a manager, the company was unable to keep a management structure in this location. After multiple complaints and poor performance of the store, they failed to rectify the situation which ultimately led to this location closing.
I was employed with this company at this location until the last day.

I would have expected better from a company this size and reputation. I made the best out of a bad situation, a lot of the time.
Friendly customer based company.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 26, 2014
Pros: recognized for work well done, (gift cards, discounts & written acknowledgements).
Cons: too few to mention.
At the beginning of every shift, we would have a staff meeting to discuss any issues, accomplishments, successes, new sales information, inventory changes and just communicate any or all new ideas and spread the joy and fun of working together.

We would be assigned our partners and our store dept. (Laura Petite, Laura Regular or Laura Plus/Petite) and then we would proceed to walk the store and locate all new products to better promote them and serve the customers.

We worked 1 on 1 with our ladies and would be at their disposal from the minute they walked in to the minute they walked out, without being intrusive. We would suggest, show and accommodate the customers to their satisfaction and complete the sales transactions for them. We would advise them of any wonderful promos or sale items to help them select items of their choice. We had a Gold Appointment program, which allowed us to work with our clients at their convenience. They would book the time and date and we would prepare a clothing rack for them before their appointment. They would let us know their colour, size and style preferences. We would advise them that there was no obligations to purchase any of the clothing during their appointment, the purchases were "optional".

We tidied up the store at the end of every shift so that it was attractive and welcoming to our customers the next morning. The most enjoyable part of my job, was the interaction with my co-workers and the customers. I met and supported many wonderful people and helped both, customers and co-workers to the best of my abilities. I was then rewarded – more... with the best feelings from the satisfied ladies. – less
Work skills at Laura
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
At Laura what I learned was how to be a high skilled sales representative. It was my first job in Canada; a challenge for me since it was not my line however my eagerness to learn has always been interesting. What I learned at Laura is presentation of clothing on the rack, mix and match, presenting yourself to the customers in an appropriate formal attire, efficient, enthusiastic and to have a positive attitude. The management was not just supportive but excellent in executing training to the new recruits, providing information of the latest trend, motivation which I strongly believe is an important essence in building your image personally and professionally which ultimately helps you to be confidant to interact and assist anyone in the store. I learnt a lot in a very short span of time and a good break through.
Fun for all who loved fashion
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and selling clothes
Cons: standing all day
when the Laura Stores at the Bayshore mall united into one big store, i was the main cashier working full time for all 3 sections. Some days would get really busy and i learned to move fast as well as selling some merchandise during transactions. I enjoyed being surrounded by fashion, seeing how it would evolve each between each season, the different fabrics, textiles and colors! I formed friendships with some of my co-workers, some who i still keep in contact with today even after all these years, also with my management, who were always very encouraging and would motivate us to keep on selling!
Great work enviroment and flexiable scheduals
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 2, 2012
Pros: great wages and benefits
Cons: customers were the only thing to keep you busy
Being at Laura was a great experience, It gives excellent customer service skills and has fantastic people making the store always appealing to get those customers. NCO was always huge there and they are very efecient in making sure the store was always up to par. Management is a huge part of the team and made everyone feel good to be at work and was always understanding and flexiable. Alot of the management working at Laura have been there longer then 5 years. The hardest part of the job was determing customers needs and finding them the complete wardrobe to fit thier needs, body shape and lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually interacting with each customer on the personal basis.
A day at Laura Canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at Laura Canada was fun, and easy going.
I learnt a lot of new things in the fashion department, I always really worked at sports stores, so working at Laura Canada gave me a new look on myself and I know how to dress myself accordingly for work, a casual night out, etc.
I loved coming into work everyday, all the employees were wonderful. I made a lot of great friends who I still have contact with although, I'm no longer a part of the team.
The hardest part of my job would of probably been knowning all of the different colours, and buzz words.
The most enjoyable part of the job was every part of it really, I loved it. The customers were all fabulous, so nice, and my manager was awesome, and everyone I worked with was great.
it's a fun place when help people to look nice and happy
Salesperson (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2013
Cons: i like working longer hours
the most enjoyable part of the job i see smile on my client that shows satisfaction make me happy . One day when i helped customer to word robing with a mixing and matching with a best price i could find them for her she huged me and asked about my name to let head office know i was really helpful without pushing .i felt good to help people i do have such a moment more often at laura.
Productive and active and friendly invironment
Sales associate (Current Employee), Kelowa BCMay 19, 2012
A typical day at work involves a lot of customer service, which is the base of my job. I have the joy of talking to many many men and woman on a regular bases, sharing stories and helping them find what it is they are looking for.
This job has taught me many skills, one of the top ones being management. I've been trained to work on the management team, but have also been given the opportunity of starting at the bottem and gaining the respect and trust of my co-workers.
To ensure the our sales were met and our customers were having a memorable shopping expirence
General Manager (Former Employee), YorkdaleMallOctober 19, 2012
Typical day at work....Customer service/operations/visual/control wages and loss prevention
What learned......How to coach for success...that impacted sales revenue
Management....Managed 5 managers/10 service coordinators/60+ employees
Co-Workers..... Team players that played to win
The hardest part of the job.....Dealing with employee disputes which was sometimes because of the commission base environment
The most enjoyable part of the job....Satisfying the customer needs
Manage customer store issues and online ecommerce issues
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), LavalMarch 4, 2014
Pros: fashion industry
Cons: lack of security
Most customer issues that come in are regarding either final sale return policy, quality issues, itema availability at the store. And online issues on returning, purchasing online. Difficult issues are discussed with my co-workers and methods of resolutiions. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I have access to all the tools necessary to better resolve customer issues, and making sure the company does not lose money. The most enjoyable part of this job, is the day to day issues that occur and making sure the customer is happy.
We have a great product and a relaiable clientele.
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 17, 2013
Pros: 4 weeks vacation, mobile days sick days insurance benefits.
Cons: long hours always standing up.
My typical day, serving my customers.
coaching my girls
doing my visuelle.
preparing a target every morning to stimulate my coworkers.
My co-workers are all motivated, hard workers and reliable.
There is nothing hard about my job I love what I do and who I do it for.
What I enjoy the most is being on the floor one to one with my customers.
Fun place to work with happy customers and co-workers.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), British ColumbiaDecember 31, 2012
Typical day is very busy; and, I learned to have patience with customers and encourage them. The management are so happy with me because of my approach to customers. Co-workers are also happy with me because I am a team player. The hardest part of the job is when a client love certain clothes that did not fit. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and interacting with them.
Demonstrate a high floor awareness and good control of sales floor.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business...
very competitive environment, demanding sales goals, challenging dynamic
fashion consultant (Former Employee), montrealJuly 8, 2012
Pros: challenging
Cons: no time to rest
this job was the most beneficial to me, as an individual I learnt to be professional with clients, because the job was demanding, I developed strategies to help myself succeed as a salesperson, Mexx employees need to be extremely quick and disciplined, my manager always provided me with feedback to help my performance.
As a sales associate my duties were governed by the daily targets of the store, helping customers claim their needs, style and flare.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yorkdale, OntSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: I became specialized in the petite department, learnt about various fabrics
Cons: Travelling took some time, unrealistic targets
Clients sought my advice on the commodities that suited their personalities, body types for their events and occasions.
Productive work environment where sales are top priority.
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Every day starts with a team coaching. You are told how much you need to sell that day as a part of the team. There is a lot of training about the different body shapes. All of the clothing is meant to be flattering and Laura has very good quality product.
I love this job.
salesperson (Current Employee), edmonton abMay 28, 2013
Cons: lunch is not paid
the days I work, I don't get tired because we have the best management team and employees team, and as a team we all help each other out. the most enjoyable part of the job is to talk to customers, not just about the merchandise but asking how is everything going and bonding with them personally.
We are very knowledgeable in up coming fashion.
Sales Floor Leader (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 29, 2012
As a role model, Sales Floor Leader provides exemplary customer service to every customer. I must have strong fashion awareness and is knowledgeable about our product. I assists Management Team in coaching and developing a winning team that provides exceptional customer service. I achieves all key financial objectives as established by Laura Canada.
A place to meet a lot of new people
Sales Floor Manager (Current Employee), St. Catharines, OntarioOctober 22, 2012
Pros: merchandise discount for employees
Cons: long hours on your feet
- Every day has a different focus ie: sales targets, product focus, etc.
- Learns to deal with different people
- Co workers are fun to deal with
- Hardest part of the job is being on your feet for 8 hours
- Enjoys very much the interaction with the customers
Team work, productive, good working environment
Merchandise Allocator / Planner (Former Employee), Laval, QCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: friday summer hours, an hour early dismissal on fridays rest of the year
Cons: work schedules during the holidays
Laura Canada has good team work and working environment. It is a very busy and stressful business but everyone manages to work together as a team and have respect for one another.