Laura Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

very demanding but good group of people to work with
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 16, 2016
its a very demanding place to work: you need to maintain a client book, bi-weekly calls, constant on the go. with the amount of work that needs to be done its unfortunate that the pay does not equate to all the work you put into the business.
Pros
good people
Cons
demanding with poor compensation
I found most staff to be friendly and fun. The time that I was there we had 5 different managers which made it difficult.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
Start at 9am. Sweep and mop if not done from night before. Clean dressing rooms. Clean back room if not done from night before. Check for incoming orders. Open all new boxes. Hang clothes. Steam clothes. Check orders against order sheets. Price all garments and accessories. Take out to store and place in appropriate areas. I had a quota of $200.00 in sales per day in this position. When I was out front it was much more. I liked the flexibility and variety. The hardest part was understanding some of the accents and languages of different folks. But if they were patient it went well.
Pros
We were given 35% discount.
Cons
long hours and competitive sales people.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2016
great management team. The people working at Laura are very friendly people and I enjoy working with them. I have been with the company for more then 3 years but it does not feel that long.
Not very pleasant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
Management was the poor, disrespectful to staff. they expect you to fight for the sales with other staff
They force you to purchase their newest cloths to wear at work. Can't make money at that rate.
Great work enviroment and flexiable scheduals
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBOctober 2, 2012
Being at Laura was a great experience, It gives excellent customer service skills and has fantastic people making the store always appealing to get those customers. NCO was always huge there and they are very efecient in making sure the store was always up to par. Management is a huge part of the team and made everyone feel good to be at work and was always understanding and flexiable. Alot of the management working at Laura have been there longer then 5 years. The hardest part of the job was determing customers needs and finding them the complete wardrobe to fit thier needs, body shape and lifestyle. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually interacting with each customer on the personal basis.
Pros
great wages and benefits
Cons
customers were the only thing to keep you busy
Great overall experience
Buyer/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 30, 2015
It was an awesome experience working for Laura Canada.
Started as an assistant Buyer and then 5 years later as a Dress Buyer.
Loved the people and friends that I made.
Loved the diversity of the position.
Office time, store level, market, travel for new products.
We have a great product and a relaiable clientele.
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 17, 2013
My typical day, serving my customers.
coaching my girls
doing my visuelle.
preparing a target every morning to stimulate my coworkers.
My co-workers are all motivated, hard workers and reliable.
There is nothing hard about my job I love what I do and who I do it for.
What I enjoy the most is being on the floor one to one with my customers.
Pros
4 weeks vacation, mobile days sick days insurance benefits.
Cons
long hours always standing up.
As a sales associate my duties were governed by the daily targets of the store, helping customers claim their needs, style and flare.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, OntSeptember 8, 2015
Clients sought my advice on the commodities that suited their personalities, body types for their events and occasions.
Pros
I became specialized in the petite department, learnt about various fabrics
Cons
Travelling took some time, unrealistic targets
Depending entirely on where you're placed (ie. Your co-workers, your manager, your location) it can be a very enjoyable job.
Lead Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2014
I spent 2 and a half years working with this company at the Toronto Eaton Centre location (which has since closed). I was hired as a service coordinator with open availability, Monday-Friday, all day. For the first year I worked up to 40+ hours a week. After about a year that tapered off to a steady Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:30 usually. At one point during my employment I was the only service coordinator for that location for a period of time. I felt over-worked and under appreciated and asked my manager multiple times to hire one more person to no avail. After a few months of this we fonay hired more service coordinators. I was "promoted" (with no pay) to lead coordinator of about 2-3 girls. In that time I was learning/being taught in the visual department and enjoying it immensely. However I was never considered a position to be able to move forward in that field, even as opportunities to do so arose.
In the start of my 2nd year my manager (of that location for 13 years) was relocated along with the entire management team. They replaced a 3 person team with, at the time, one person. And during the year this person was a manager, the company was unable to keep a management structure in this location. After multiple complaints and poor performance of the store, they failed to rectify the situation which ultimately led to this location closing.
I was employed with this company at this location until the last day.

I would have expected better from a company this size and reputation. I made the best out of a bad situation, a lot of the time.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no benefits, no proper performer appraisals, no recognition, no support, no growth opportunity.
fun workplace
Face to face sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 28, 2015
I had the opportunity to work as the store face tending to customer’s needs. During my time here I gained a wealth of knowledge regarding sales
overall great company
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee) –  LavalApril 29, 2014
overall great company, great values and amazing co-workers.
Pros
summer hours
benefits
Work skills at Laura
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
At Laura what I learned was how to be a high skilled sales representative. It was my first job in Canada; a challenge for me since it was not my line however my eagerness to learn has always been interesting. What I learned at Laura is presentation of clothing on the rack, mix and match, presenting yourself to the customers in an appropriate formal attire, efficient, enthusiastic and to have a positive attitude. The management was not just supportive but excellent in executing training to the new recruits, providing information of the latest trend, motivation which I strongly believe is an important essence in building your image personally and professionally which ultimately helps you to be confidant to interact and assist anyone in the store. I learnt a lot in a very short span of time and a good break through.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Fun for all who loved fashion
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
when the Laura Stores at the Bayshore mall united into one big store, i was the main cashier working full time for all 3 sections. Some days would get really busy and i learned to move fast as well as selling some merchandise during transactions. I enjoyed being surrounded by fashion, seeing how it would evolve each between each season, the different fabrics, textiles and colors! I formed friendships with some of my co-workers, some who i still keep in contact with today even after all these years, also with my management, who were always very encouraging and would motivate us to keep on selling!
Pros
meeting new people and selling clothes
Cons
standing all day
Laura
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
fun place to work learned lots
loved helping customers and meeting their needs
Greeted customers upon entrance
Handled cash, operated cash register
Answered multiple phone calls
Cleaned various areas.
Demonstrate a high floor awareness and good control of sales floor.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business...
Productive work environment where sales are top priority.
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Every day starts with a team coaching. You are told how much you need to sell that day as a part of the team. There is a lot of training about the different body shapes. All of the clothing is meant to be flattering and Laura has very good quality product.
To ensure the our sales were met and our customers were having a memorable shopping expirence
General Manager (Former Employee) –  YorkdaleMallOctober 19, 2012
Typical day at work....Customer service/operations/visual/control wages and loss prevention
What learned......How to coach for success...that impacted sales revenue
Management....Managed 5 managers/10 service coordinators/60+ employees
Co-Workers..... Team players that played to win
The hardest part of the job.....Dealing with employee disputes which was sometimes because of the commission base environment
The most enjoyable part of the job....Satisfying the customer needs
Productive and active and friendly invironment
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowa BCMay 19, 2012
A typical day at work involves a lot of customer service, which is the base of my job. I have the joy of talking to many many men and woman on a regular bases, sharing stories and helping them find what it is they are looking for.
This job has taught me many skills, one of the top ones being management. I've been trained to work on the management team, but have also been given the opportunity of starting at the bottem and gaining the respect and trust of my co-workers.
A day at Laura Canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at Laura Canada was fun, and easy going.
I learnt a lot of new things in the fashion department, I always really worked at sports stores, so working at Laura Canada gave me a new look on myself and I know how to dress myself accordingly for work, a casual night out, etc.
I loved coming into work everyday, all the employees were wonderful. I made a lot of great friends who I still have contact with although, I'm no longer a part of the team.
The hardest part of my job would of probably been knowning all of the different colours, and buzz words.
The most enjoyable part of the job was every part of it really, I loved it. The customers were all fabulous, so nice, and my manager was awesome, and everyone I worked with was great.
Fun place to work with happy customers and co-workers.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  British ColumbiaDecember 31, 2012
Typical day is very busy; and, I learned to have patience with customers and encourage them. The management are so happy with me because of my approach to customers. Co-workers are also happy with me because I am a team player. The hardest part of the job is when a client love certain clothes that did not fit. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and interacting with them.