Laura Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

Laura
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2016
I learned a lot about stock and how you get the costumers coming back and wanting more. I learned that the new merchandise went in the front of the store and the older merchandise went in the back and i also learned how to use the cash and how to talk to customers and how to be more patient.
Exciting place to work,
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 5, 2016
Working at Laura is living the core values every day, great environment. constant training.
I learned to build wardrobes, steps of sells, close sells and make friends.
the management guides you and leads you. always gets your back
all the coworkers are like a family... was hard to leave.
the hardest part is that you stand long hrs on your feet.
the most enjoyable you always learn there and you can grow fast once you prove yourself
Pros
amazing discounts, community
Cons
standing long hrs
Very demanding job
Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 14, 2016
I spent my days dressing mannequins and changing out the walls of clothes and putting out the new shipments
The hardest part of the job was that in such a large store It was a challenge to keep up with all the work.
I worked with really great people, with the manager being the exception. She was not a team player
The most enjoyable part of the job was the physicality of it.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
Being in a mall
Not very pleasant
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
Management was the poor, disrespectful to staff. they expect you to fight for the sales with other staff
They force you to purchase their newest cloths to wear at work. Can't make money at that rate.
I found most staff to be friendly and fun. The time that I was there we had 5 different managers which made it difficult.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
Start at 9am. Sweep and mop if not done from night before. Clean dressing rooms. Clean back room if not done from night before. Check for incoming orders. Open all new boxes. Hang clothes. Steam clothes. Check orders against order sheets. Price all garments and accessories. Take out to store and place in appropriate areas. I had a quota of $200.00 in sales per day in this position. When I was out front it was much more. I liked the flexibility and variety. The hardest part was understanding some of the accents and languages of different folks. But if they were patient it went well.
Pros
We were given 35% discount.
Cons
long hours and competitive sales people.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2016
great management team. The people working at Laura are very friendly people and I enjoy working with them. I have been with the company for more then 3 years but it does not feel that long.
very demanding but good group of people to work with
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONJanuary 16, 2016
its a very demanding place to work: you need to maintain a client book, bi-weekly calls, constant on the go. with the amount of work that needs to be done its unfortunate that the pay does not equate to all the work you put into the business.
Pros
good people
Cons
demanding with poor compensation
Great overall experience
Buyer/Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 30, 2015
It was an awesome experience working for Laura Canada.
Started as an assistant Buyer and then 5 years later as a Dress Buyer.
Loved the people and friends that I made.
Loved the diversity of the position.
Office time, store level, market, travel for new products.
As a sales associate my duties were governed by the daily targets of the store, helping customers claim their needs, style and flare.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, OntSeptember 8, 2015
Clients sought my advice on the commodities that suited their personalities, body types for their events and occasions.
Pros
I became specialized in the petite department, learnt about various fabrics
Cons
Travelling took some time, unrealistic targets
fun workplace
Face to face sales (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 28, 2015
I had the opportunity to work as the store face tending to customer’s needs. During my time here I gained a wealth of knowledge regarding sales
Laura
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
fun place to work learned lots
loved helping customers and meeting their needs
Greeted customers upon entrance
Handled cash, operated cash register
Answered multiple phone calls
Cleaned various areas.
Productive work environment where sales are top priority.
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Every day starts with a team coaching. You are told how much you need to sell that day as a part of the team. There is a lot of training about the different body shapes. All of the clothing is meant to be flattering and Laura has very good quality product.
Demonstrate a high floor awareness and good control of sales floor.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business...
Depending entirely on where you're placed (ie. Your co-workers, your manager, your location) it can be a very enjoyable job.
Lead Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2014
I spent 2 and a half years working with this company at the Toronto Eaton Centre location (which has since closed). I was hired as a service coordinator with open availability, Monday-Friday, all day. For the first year I worked up to 40+ hours a week. After about a year that tapered off to a steady Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:30 usually. At one point during my employment I was the only service coordinator for that location for a period of time. I felt over-worked and under appreciated and asked my manager multiple times to hire one more person to no avail. After a few months of this we fonay hired more service coordinators. I was "promoted" (with no pay) to lead coordinator of about 2-3 girls. In that time I was learning/being taught in the visual department and enjoying it immensely. However I was never considered a position to be able to move forward in that field, even as opportunities to do so arose.
In the start of my 2nd year my manager (of that location for 13 years) was relocated along with the entire management team. They replaced a 3 person team with, at the time, one person. And during the year this person was a manager, the company was unable to keep a management structure in this location. After multiple complaints and poor performance of the store, they failed to rectify the situation which ultimately led to this location closing.
I was employed with this company at this location until the last day.

I would have expected better from a company this size and reputation. I made the best out of a bad situation, a lot of the time.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
no benefits, no proper performer appraisals, no recognition, no support, no growth opportunity.
Fun work place
Service Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCSeptember 17, 2014
It is a fun work place. I did have a good time working there. There is no communication between management and management and staff.
It was agreat place to work as a team
Regional Point of Sale Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OnJuly 8, 2014
Enjoyed my time with them and was able to expand my knowledge on a number of levels.
Structured work expectaion and room for advancement
Service Department Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 11, 2014
My experience at Laura was an educational one. There is a lot I learned and will for ever be grateful.
Friendly customer based company.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 26, 2014
At the beginning of every shift, we would have a staff meeting to discuss any issues, accomplishments, successes, new sales information, inventory changes and just communicate any or all new ideas and spread the joy and fun of working together.

We would be assigned our partners and our store dept. (Laura Petite, Laura Regular or Laura Plus/Petite) and then we would proceed to walk the store and locate all new products to better promote them and serve the customers.

We worked 1 on 1 with our ladies and would be at their disposal from the minute they walked in to the minute they walked out, without being intrusive. We would suggest, show and accommodate the customers to their satisfaction and complete the sales transactions for them. We would advise them of any wonderful promos or sale items to help them select items of their choice. We had a Gold Appointment program, which allowed us to work with our clients at their convenience. They would book the time and date and we would prepare a clothing rack for them before their appointment. They would let us know their colour, size and style preferences. We would advise them that there was no obligations to purchase any of the clothing during their appointment, the purchases were "optional".

We tidied up the store at the end of every shift so that it was attractive and welcoming to our customers the next morning. The most enjoyable part of my job, was the interaction with my co-workers and the customers. I met and supported many wonderful people and helped both, customers and co-workers to the best of my abilities. I was then rewarded
  more... with the best feelings from the satisfied ladies.  less
Pros
recognized for work well done, (gift cards, discounts & written acknowledgements).
Cons
too few to mention.
Fun for all who loved fashion
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
when the Laura Stores at the Bayshore mall united into one big store, i was the main cashier working full time for all 3 sections. Some days would get really busy and i learned to move fast as well as selling some merchandise during transactions. I enjoyed being surrounded by fashion, seeing how it would evolve each between each season, the different fabrics, textiles and colors! I formed friendships with some of my co-workers, some who i still keep in contact with today even after all these years, also with my management, who were always very encouraging and would motivate us to keep on selling!
Pros
meeting new people and selling clothes
Cons
standing all day
i wish not to review
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2014
a very good company to work for.
very respectable of their employees