Laura Canada

Laura Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Laura
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
fun place to work learned lots
loved helping customers and meeting their needs
Greeted customers upon entrance
Handled cash, operated cash register
Answered multiple phone calls
Cleaned various areas.
Productive work environment where sales are top priority.
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Every day starts with a team coaching. You are told how much you need to sell that day as a part of the team. There is a lot of training about the different body shapes. All of the clothing is meant to be flattering and Laura has very good quality product.
Demonstrate a high floor awareness and good control of sales floor.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business...
Depending entirely on where you're placed (ie. Your co-workers, your manager, your location) it can be a very enjoyable job.
Lead Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: no benefits, no proper performer appraisals, no recognition, no support, no growth opportunity.
I spent 2 and a half years working with this company at the Toronto Eaton Centre location (which has since closed). I was hired as a service coordinator with open availability, Monday-Friday, all day. – more... For the first year I worked up to 40+ hours a week. After about a year that tapered off to a steady Monday-Friday, 10:00-4:30 usually. At one point during my employment I was the only service coordinator for that location for a period of time. I felt over-worked and under appreciated and asked my manager multiple times to hire one more person to no avail. After a few months of this we fonay hired more service coordinators. I was "promoted" (with no pay) to lead coordinator of about 2-3 girls. In that time I was learning/being taught in the visual department and enjoying it immensely. However I was never considered a position to be able to move forward in that field, even as opportunities to do so arose.
In the start of my 2nd year my manager (of that location for 13 years) was relocated along with the entire management team. They replaced a 3 person team with, at the time, one person. And during the year this person was a manager, the company was unable to keep a management structure in this location. After multiple complaints and poor performance of the store, they failed to rectify the situation which ultimately led to this location closing.
I was employed with this company at this location until the last day.

I would have expected better from a company this size and reputation. I made the best out of a bad situation, a lot of the time. – less
Fun work place
Service Coordinator Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 17, 2014
It is a fun work place. I did have a good time working there. There is no communication between management and management and staff.
It was agreat place to work as a team
Regional Point of Sale Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, OnJuly 8, 2014
Enjoyed my time with them and was able to expand my knowledge on a number of levels.
Structured work expectaion and room for advancement
Service Department Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 11, 2014
My experience at Laura was an educational one. There is a lot I learned and will for ever be grateful.
Friendly customer based company.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 26, 2014
Pros: recognized for work well done, (gift cards, discounts & written acknowledgements).
Cons: too few to mention.
At the beginning of every shift, we would have a staff meeting to discuss any issues, accomplishments, successes, new sales information, inventory changes and just communicate any or all new ideas and – more... spread the joy and fun of working together.

We would be assigned our partners and our store dept. (Laura Petite, Laura Regular or Laura Plus/Petite) and then we would proceed to walk the store and locate all new products to better promote them and serve the customers.

We worked 1 on 1 with our ladies and would be at their disposal from the minute they walked in to the minute they walked out, without being intrusive. We would suggest, show and accommodate the customers to their satisfaction and complete the sales transactions for them. We would advise them of any wonderful promos or sale items to help them select items of their choice. We had a Gold Appointment program, which allowed us to work with our clients at their convenience. They would book the time and date and we would prepare a clothing rack for them before their appointment. They would let us know their colour, size and style preferences. We would advise them that there was no obligations to purchase any of the clothing during their appointment, the purchases were "optional".

We tidied up the store at the end of every shift so that it was attractive and welcoming to our customers the next morning. The most enjoyable part of my job, was the interaction with my co-workers and the customers. I met and supported many wonderful people and helped both, customers and co-workers to the best of my abilities. I was then rewarded with the best feelings from the satisfied ladies. – less
Fun for all who loved fashion
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and selling clothes
Cons: standing all day
when the Laura Stores at the Bayshore mall united into one big store, i was the main cashier working full time for all 3 sections. Some days would get really busy and i learned to move fast as well as – more... selling some merchandise during transactions. I enjoyed being surrounded by fashion, seeing how it would evolve each between each season, the different fabrics, textiles and colors! I formed friendships with some of my co-workers, some who i still keep in contact with today even after all these years, also with my management, who were always very encouraging and would motivate us to keep on selling! – less
i wish not to review
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 4, 2014
a very good company to work for.
very respectable of their employees
overall great company
Human Resources Administrator (Current Employee), LavalApril 29, 2014
Pros: summer hours
Cons: benefits
overall great company, great values and amazing co-workers.
Manage customer store issues and online ecommerce issues
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), LavalMarch 4, 2014
Pros: fashion industry
Cons: lack of security
Most customer issues that come in are regarding either final sale return policy, quality issues, itema availability at the store. And online issues on returning, purchasing online. Difficult issues are – more... discussed with my co-workers and methods of resolutiions. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I have access to all the tools necessary to better resolve customer issues, and making sure the company does not lose money. The most enjoyable part of this job, is the day to day issues that occur and making sure the customer is happy. – less
Work skills at Laura
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
At Laura what I learned was how to be a high skilled sales representative. It was my first job in Canada; a challenge for me since it was not my line however my eagerness to learn has always been interesting. – more... What I learned at Laura is presentation of clothing on the rack, mix and match, presenting yourself to the customers in an appropriate formal attire, efficient, enthusiastic and to have a positive attitude. The management was not just supportive but excellent in executing training to the new recruits, providing information of the latest trend, motivation which I strongly believe is an important essence in building your image personally and professionally which ultimately helps you to be confidant to interact and assist anyone in the store. I learnt a lot in a very short span of time and a good break through. – less
khkjhkjhkjh
lead and coach the team (Former Employee), vaughanNovember 13, 2013
Connecting with customers
usually fast paced
learned about fashion
great ladies
above management wants more than willing to give
constant changes
making ladies feel happy
great place to work if you love fashion and wonderful women
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 10, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: discounts
I meet wonderful women and work with wonderful women and sometimes I really get to help someone move into the next stage of their life.

Fun place to work.
productive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), uppercanada mallOctober 2, 2013
Hardest part of the job would be standing long hours on my feet. contrary to that, I enjoy and love meeting new people, creating new relationships and to sharing knowledge with my customers and colleges is rewarding.
Team work, productive, good working environment
Merchandise Allocator / Planner (Former Employee), Laval, QCSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: friday summer hours, an hour early dismissal on fridays rest of the year
Cons: work schedules during the holidays
Laura Canada has good team work and working environment. It is a very busy and stressful business but everyone manages to work together as a team and have respect for one another.
New management
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONAugust 7, 2013
Pros: insentive commision
Cons: buget target
there is new management from when i worked there but it was a very fun place to work, always something to keep busy with and very nice people to work with. The customers are very nice as well. I miss the old management though
Comfortable workplace
sales associate (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MB, CanadaAugust 6, 2013
Pros: customer service.
Cons: short schedule, related to 2 o 3 days a week, and just 3 hs. each.
Short shifts and insecure schedule.
I learned how to approach customers.
Poor management and non-respectful.
Mostly friendly co-workers.
Dificult relationship with the manager.
It was enjoyable to know people and to create a nice relationship.
A day at Laura Canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at Laura Canada was fun, and easy going.
I learnt a lot of new things in the fashion department, I always really worked at sports stores, so working at Laura Canada gave me a new look on – more... myself and I know how to dress myself accordingly for work, a casual night out, etc.
I loved coming into work everyday, all the employees were wonderful. I made a lot of great friends who I still have contact with although, I'm no longer a part of the team.
The hardest part of my job would of probably been knowning all of the different colours, and buzz words.
The most enjoyable part of the job was every part of it really, I loved it. The customers were all fabulous, so nice, and my manager was awesome, and everyone I worked with was great. – less

1 2 3