Laura Canada Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
I found most staff to be friendly and fun. The time that I was there we had 5 different managers which made it difficult.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2016
Pros: We were given 35% discount.
Cons: long hours and competitive sales people.
Start at 9am. Sweep and mop if not done from night before. Clean dressing rooms. Clean back room if not done from night before. Check for incoming orders. Open all new boxes. Hang clothes. Steam clothes. Check orders against order sheets. Price all garments and accessories. Take out to store and place in appropriate areas. I had a quota of $200.00 in sales per day in this position. When I was out front it was much more. I liked the flexibility and variety. The hardest part was understanding some of the accents and languages of different folks. But if they were patient it went well.
very demanding but good group of people to work with
Key Holder (Former Employee), Pickering, ONJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: good people
Cons: demanding with poor compensation
its a very demanding place to work: you need to maintain a client book, bi-weekly calls, constant on the go. with the amount of work that needs to be done its unfortunate that the pay does not equate to all the work you put into the business.
Not very pleasant
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 12, 2016
Management was the poor, disrespectful to staff. they expect you to fight for the sales with other staff
They force you to purchase their newest cloths to wear at work. Can't make money at that rate.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 14, 2016
great management team. The people working at Laura are very friendly people and I enjoy working with them. I have been with the company for more then 3 years but it does not feel that long.
Great overall experience
Buyer/Assistant (Former Employee), Montréal, QCOctober 30, 2015
It was an awesome experience working for Laura Canada.
Started as an assistant Buyer and then 5 years later as a Dress Buyer.
Loved the people and friends that I made.
Loved the diversity of the position.
Office time, store level, market, travel for new products.
As a sales associate my duties were governed by the daily targets of the store, helping customers claim their needs, style and flare.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Yorkdale, OntSeptember 8, 2015
Pros: I became specialized in the petite department, learnt about various fabrics
Cons: Travelling took some time, unrealistic targets
Clients sought my advice on the commodities that suited their personalities, body types for their events and occasions.
fun workplace
Face to face sales (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 28, 2015
I had the opportunity to work as the store face tending to customer’s needs. During my time here I gained a wealth of knowledge regarding sales
Demonstrate a high floor awareness and good control of sales floor.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 13, 2015
As a people person, the most enjoyable part of the job was to do what I like: working with people, helping and enjoying customers and my co-workers, be a team player, doing bookkeeping and operate office equipment, achieve all key objectives established by the Company, be a role model within Business...
Productive work environment where sales are top priority.
Customer Experience Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Every day starts with a team coaching. You are told how much you need to sell that day as a part of the team. There is a lot of training about the different body shapes. All of the clothing is meant to be flattering and Laura has very good quality product.
Laura
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 21, 2015
fun place to work learned lots
loved helping customers and meeting their needs
Greeted customers upon entrance
Handled cash, operated cash register
Answered multiple phone calls
Cleaned various areas.
Fun for all who loved fashion
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 23, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and selling clothes
Cons: standing all day
when the Laura Stores at the Bayshore mall united into one big store, i was the main cashier working full time for all 3 sections. Some days would get really busy and i learned to move fast as well as selling some merchandise during transactions. I enjoyed being surrounded by fashion, seeing how it would evolve each between each season, the different fabrics, textiles and colors! I formed friendships with some of my co-workers, some who i still keep in contact with today even after all these years, also with my management, who were always very encouraging and would motivate us to keep on selling!
Manage customer store issues and online ecommerce issues
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee), LavalMarch 4, 2014
Pros: fashion industry
Cons: lack of security
Most customer issues that come in are regarding either final sale return policy, quality issues, itema availability at the store. And online issues on returning, purchasing online. Difficult issues are discussed with my co-workers and methods of resolutiions. The hardest part of my job is making sure that I have access to all the tools necessary to better resolve customer issues, and making sure the company does not lose money. The most enjoyable part of this job, is the day to day issues that occur and making sure the customer is happy.
We have a great product and a relaiable clientele.
Retail Manager (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJune 17, 2013
Pros: 4 weeks vacation, mobile days sick days insurance benefits.
Cons: long hours always standing up.
My typical day, serving my customers.
coaching my girls
doing my visuelle.
preparing a target every morning to stimulate my coworkers.
My co-workers are all motivated, hard workers and reliable.
There is nothing hard about my job I love what I do and who I do it for.
What I enjoy the most is being on the floor one to one with my customers.
A day at Laura Canada
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 23, 2013
A typical day at Laura Canada was fun, and easy going.
I learnt a lot of new things in the fashion department, I always really worked at sports stores, so working at Laura Canada gave me a new look on myself and I know how to dress myself accordingly for work, a casual night out, etc.
I loved coming into work everyday, all the employees were wonderful. I made a lot of great friends who I still have contact with although, I'm no longer a part of the team.
The hardest part of my job would of probably been knowning all of the different colours, and buzz words.
The most enjoyable part of the job was every part of it really, I loved it. The customers were all fabulous, so nice, and my manager was awesome, and everyone I worked with was great.
Productive and active and friendly invironment
Sales associate (Current Employee), Kelowa BCMay 19, 2012
A typical day at work involves a lot of customer service, which is the base of my job. I have the joy of talking to many many men and woman on a regular bases, sharing stories and helping them find what it is they are looking for.
This job has taught me many skills, one of the top ones being management. I've been trained to work on the management team, but have also been given the opportunity of starting at the bottem and gaining the respect and trust of my co-workers.
To ensure the our sales were met and our customers were having a memorable shopping expirence
General Manager (Former Employee), YorkdaleMallOctober 19, 2012
Typical day at work....Customer service/operations/visual/control wages and loss prevention
What learned......How to coach for success...that impacted sales revenue
Management....Managed 5 managers/10 service coordinators/60+ employees
Co-Workers..... Team players that played to win
The hardest part of the job.....Dealing with employee disputes which was sometimes because of the commission base environment
The most enjoyable part of the job....Satisfying the customer needs
it's a fun place when help people to look nice and happy
Salesperson (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 12, 2013
Cons: i like working longer hours
the most enjoyable part of the job i see smile on my client that shows satisfaction make me happy . One day when i helped customer to word robing with a mixing and matching with a best price i could find them for her she huged me and asked about my name to let head office know i was really helpful without pushing .i felt good to help people i do have such a moment more often at laura.
Fun place to work with happy customers and co-workers.
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), British ColumbiaDecember 31, 2012
Typical day is very busy; and, I learned to have patience with customers and encourage them. The management are so happy with me because of my approach to customers. Co-workers are also happy with me because I am a team player. The hardest part of the job is when a client love certain clothes that did not fit. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and interacting with them.
very competitive environment, demanding sales goals, challenging dynamic
fashion consultant (Former Employee), montrealJuly 8, 2012
Pros: challenging
Cons: no time to rest
this job was the most beneficial to me, as an individual I learnt to be professional with clients, because the job was demanding, I developed strategies to help myself succeed as a salesperson, Mexx employees need to be extremely quick and disciplined, my manager always provided me with feedback to help my performance.
We are very knowledgeable in up coming fashion.
Sales Floor Leader (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 29, 2012
As a role model, Sales Floor Leader provides exemplary customer service to every customer. I must have strong fashion awareness and is knowledgeable about our product. I assists Management Team in coaching and developing a winning team that provides exceptional customer service. I achieves all key financial objectives as established by Laura Canada.