Launch! Employee Reviews in Canada

Giving out samples
demo (Former Employee) –  London, ONDecember 14, 2015
A bit of a joke, worked four shifts, had to reply to over 60 emails about availability and info, had shifts changed, cancelled and not paid for out of pocket expenses such as gas. If your looking for a job that pays $11.00 hr I suggest looking else where.
Pros
Cons
lazy manager
Great
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Easy job relaxing atmosphere gets annoying standing on your feet for a while easy to move around/switch locations plus you can eat the samples when no ones looking lol
An Enjoyable Weekend Job
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 6, 2015
As a people orientated individual I found this job perfectly suited my ability to positively interact with the public, It is a stress free working environment which brings out the best in people.
Pros
Learn about a variety of products
Cons
It is a very part time position
Meh
Product Demonstrator; Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 17, 2015
The job was good at first. Probably only good thing I encountered was becoming team leader. Stores usually did not have the necessary equipment to demonstrate a product. The manager that was there when I worked disappeared for several weeks without telling anyone
Cons
it was always cold
Great work environment and a work schedule that was manageable
Product Ambassador (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 7, 2015
I worked with an experienced supervisor and team members who made working for launch enjoyable and a learning experience for me.
Pros
great team members
Cons
I am very comfortable interacting with the public, with promotions
Beverage demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2015
A very pleasant workplace with most employee interactions friendly & professional.
Management in all liquor stores very accommodating & cooperative.
Pros
casual!
Cons
friday & saturday early evenings (3-8 pm)!
Good variety and co-workers
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONSeptember 15, 2014
Unfortunately the hours are terrible, either 12 a week or every other week weekends only unless holiday. Summer is very bad for work, I haven't worked in 2 months...
Fun working enviorment
Brand Amassador (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 5, 2014
Easy
Fun
Met a lot of new people
I cooked, cleaned and learned how to be even better at customer service.
Pros
friendly enviorment
Cons
temporary postion
If you can talk, you can walk.
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 29, 2014
Good job for students or people looking for extra money, it's basically going to a grocery store and giving out samples - easy right? Think again, it's easy but don't take the job as a joke.

You're not only giving out samples but you also promote the brand/product and try to get people to buy it. You don't get fired for not meeting a quota every time but you do get punished and eventually fired for being lazy.

One of the hardest thing I would say about this job is setting up in the mornings, most storage rooms that keep your supplies are messy and a pain. Convincing people of trying the product is not that easy as well, because, well, some of them are picky and closed minded about trying new things.The job is very mentally straining.

You are supervised by one of your co-workers' which are called lead demonstrators, your boss does not supervise you but does check on you now and then. Mystery shoppers from brand companies also check on your work and review you.

At the end of the day you pack and clean everything up, go home, do a survey and done!

P.s. hours are low on this job the usual hours you get are 6/day for both Saturday and sun but sometimes you can get thrus/fri too.
Pros
easy job once you get used to it, payed by hour, great for extra income.
Cons
not very organised, sometimes you have to go to stores far away from you.
okay pay not enough hours
Product Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Bracebridge, ONFebruary 3, 2014
I find that this job hardly has any work for me to do. Not to mention that I am mostly in not always by myself. It came with no training, and if you want to help advance your training it comes out of pocket until they reimburse you. Not to mention that there is so much training that is a good thing BUT it get repetitive when you have to watch/listen to the same thing over and over again. The job however does come with a hand book, but it is something that you have to print out from your own computer. I could go on and on, but at this point I really do not want to talk about where this company fails as a job for me.
Pros
above average pay
Cons
next to no work, repetitive training, not much help especially when you may need/want it.
productive, meet a lot of people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 27, 2013
Too easy for a job.
Never got payed, so i quit.
co-workers were nice.
Great Place to Work!!!!!!!!!!!!
Product Ambassador (Current Employee) –  TorontoMay 9, 2013
I have been working with this company for about 4 months now as a food demonstrator in Toronto on weekends. I work full time during the week and LAUNCH! allows me to pick and choose which weekends I want to work, which is great so I don’t burn myself out! It is a great way to earn some extra money! I do some online training then do my food demo and have lots of fun doing it. I give out free samples to customers and encourage them to buy the product. Really fun work, a great team to work with too!

I highly recommend this company
Pros
nice managers, fun team, flexible work
Awesome, flexible work!
Part Time Product Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Grocery StoresMarch 11, 2013
I found this job online back in the fall and was looking for something that I could do without having to commit to retails hours. Launch was a perfect fit for me (and now my sister too).

Training was online and easy, hours are sat & sun 11 - 5 (at my fave grocery store) and i get to sample new fun products. i also get to pick what shifts I want to work - so i don't have to work every weekend - cool!

Some companies pay a little more, but this is permanent part time hours so i still make more in the end. The managers are super friendly, the company does lots of neat things outside of grocery too and i can work at any store across canada.

I recommend working for Launch!
Pros
flexible, training, food cert training, steady work
Cons
none that i can think of
Customer interaction
Product Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONMarch 4, 2013
Lots of customer interaction and a busy day. On the go from start to finish and plenty of opportunity to talk with and meet new people.
Former demo person
demo person (Former Employee) –  torontoFebruary 28, 2013
Not a good company to work for Poor pay compared to other demo companies Not much support for supervisor
Cons
pay support lack of
If you love interacting with the public and making them happy, this is THE company to work for.
Lead Product Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONFebruary 17, 2013
A typical day starts a few days earlier with clear and professional online training. Upon arrival at work (which can be at different locations from week to week) you sanitize and setup your sampling station. Customers of the location come to you to sample what ever it is that you are offering that day. You tell them something about the product (information is all in your training), offer them a sample, ask for feedback, and ask for a sale of the product. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching people try something for the first time and fall in love with it. It is really satisfying when the item being sampled is on sale, and you are distributing coupons. The customers love it and treat you like you gave them a gift. It is awesome! At the end of your day you clean up and put away your equipment. At home you complete your online survey of the day, and input your timesheet. All this fun, and you get paid, too.
Pros
the best district manager; very helpful, supportive, and always in a good mood. you set your own availability, so if you want to work only on the weekend to augment your present job, it is the perfect answer.
Cons
i don't have any cons.
Product Demonstrator
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONAugust 24, 2012
Handed out food samples to the general public/ potential customers, educated them on the product and made connections with every person.
Je ne conseil pas vraiment l'entreprise
Promoteur de produits (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC/ MontrealMay 6, 2016
Très difficile de joindre les superviseurs. Impossible de se développer dans ce genre d'entreprise. Il y a très peu d'heure durant l'années.
Pros
Horaires de travail fléxibles
Cons
Peu d'heures de travail