Latitude AeroMedical Works Inc. is a private Air Ambulance Service located at The Hamilton International Airport in Mount Hope Ontario Canada. We are presently looking for qualified, professional, experienced RN’s, RT’s and CCP with 2-3 years in a full time ICU, CCU or ER setting. Likes to experience new challenges, works very well as a team member and is able to handle stressful situations. Must have excellent communication and organizational skills, a positive attitude and can multi task at any given time.
- Provides high quality nursing or medical care including assessment and treatment utilizing standards and guidelines established by Latitude Aeromedical; assess the nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize the care needed for safe transport of the critical patient to the appropriate facility; is qualified to provide care for patients across the life span in his/her assigned clinical area; responsible for carrying out the mission and goals of Latitude assuring that safety remains the highest priority throughout the transport.
- Provides nursing care from the initial contact until patient care is relinquished to the accepting medical facility; maintains thorough patient care documentation.
- Practices nursing within his/her scope of practice. Maintains competency in knowledge by participating in ongoing clinical experience. Communicates educational needs to the Medical Base Supervisor and Medical Education Coordinator. Maintains documentation of required licensure, certifications, continuing educations, aviation and safety training. Attends continuing education programs pertinent to his/her area of practice.
- Knowledgeable in use and routine maintenance of all equipment and supplies used by Latitude. Responsible for reporting medical equipment failures. Maintains adequate supplies onboard aircraft to deliver patient care. Keeps aircraft clean and orderly to insure rapid response to all transport requests.
- Maintains positive interpersonal relationships with colleagues, EMS representatives, hospitals and the public.
- Functions as a medical flight member. Complies with safety standards to assure safety of self, medical personnel, patient and equipment.
Performs advanced skills and procedures as approved by Latitude Aeromedical Works
- Serves as a role model, educator and clinical resource. Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new employees. Participates in continuing and outreach education programs.
- Attends and participates in meetings according to established departmental guidelines. Participates in departmental quality improvement activities as assigned.
Qualifications: The qualifications listed are representative of those required to successfully fulfill job responsibilities, but may include program-specific qualifications not listed.
- Education: College of Nursing diploma or BSCN/College of Respiratory Therapist/Certified in a Critical Care Paramedic Program
- Experience: Full Time/minimum 2-3 years critical care/intensive care/emergency experience
- Licenses & Certificates: ACLS, TNCC preferred/All other licenses or certification required in your scope of practice.
- Languages: Having a second language in written/verbal is an asset
*On the job training! *Loves to travel! *See the world! *Exciting opportunity!
We thank all applicants but only those successful will be contacted.