Latitude Aeromedical is a private Air Ambulance Service located at The Hamilton International Airport in Mount Hope Ontario Canada. We are presently looking for qualified, professional experienced REGISTERED NURSES with EMERGENCY ROOM or ICU (INTENSIVE CARE UNIT) background to work as a Flight Nurse Coordinators/Bed Finder in a fast pace environment while in the comforts of your own home.
Nursing coordinators must be resourceful and be able to work under pressure. They must be very organized with strong communication skills and able to complete tasks quickly and effectively. They must be strong decision makers, able to perform with a set of clear cut goals and targets which you are driven to achieve. Have the ability to organize your tasks for the day and be ready for quick changes, follow your plan, work to achieve your targets and pursue success through hard work. Having your own computer and knowledge of basic computer software programs is essential. A basic understanding of medical terminology and has the ability to collect appropriate data related to the patient, files and the mission.
You must have:
- Excellent people skills and interpersonal skills
- Being creatively persistent and organized
- Focused and resourceful
- Planning and strategizing before the call
- Know how to ask good questions
- Good behavior and a positive demeanor
- Positive attitude, good humour
- Action orientation
- Promptness, hardworking, ethical, sincere
- Thick skinned and resilient
- Know when to be aggressive and assertive without being pushy
- Obtain report on patient
- Review all medical information received regarding the patient, data collecting
- Communication with the sending facility and receiving facility
- Communication with the client or insurance company
- Communications with the medical and aviation crews
- Fill in medical assessment sheet appropriately
- Contact medical director when necessary
- Determine the make-up of the medical teams for the flight
- Writing up detailed and accurate shift report
- Provide clear and accurate verbal reports on shift change
- Communicate effectively to other staff members and their designated departments
- Daily patient updates
- Finding beds and Securing beds
- Confirming medical staff on a daily basis
- Attend FNC conference meetings when necessary
- Attend daily morning conferences and give report
*On the job training *Exciting Opportunity!
We thank all applicants for applying but only those successful will be contacted!