The Operations Manager of Carnaval del Sol is responsible of coordinating the event’s logistics, marketing, and staff prior and during Vancouver’s one and only Latin Week 2014. If you are looking for a challenging and fun experience full of culture, and new professional connections then this is your chance!
Latincouver is a community organization that works through the generous contributions of its staff and members.
This is a volunteer position.
- Oversee the activities of the staff team for Latin Week 2014 & coordinate weekly meetings.
- Develop the event’s program (e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, budgets, etc.).
- Manage the budget for Latin Week 2014, which includes Carnaval del Sol, Inspirational Latin Awards, Canada day Parade, and Latin American Worldcup House.
- Coordinate and communicate with the festival’s service providers, sponsors & partners.
- Liaise with Latincouver’s PR & Graphics Design team to develop a marketing strategy and promote the event within B.C.
- Supervise and support the Sales Team to secure past and new sponsors.
- Provide a post-event evaluation report.
- Manage other event-related duties as required.
- Ability to speak and write in Spanish is an asset.
- Previous experience in event management is preferred.
- Approximately 15 hours per week. Please note that during the week leading to the event the hours required might increase to 20 hours per week.
- Attend to Carnaval del Sol weekly meetings: Mondays at 7pm.
- Must be available to work during the days of the event: July 1st – 12th, 2014.
- Expand your professional contacts through Latincouver’s rich network.
- Gain valuable experience in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Receive a free Latincouver “Amigo Card”, and free access to Latincouver events.
If you are interested in this position please apply through our careers website:
Indeed - 5 months ago