Latem & Plastico Industries Limited has enjoyed steady growth over the years providing metal finishing solutions and plastic coating. To continue our growth we are currently seeking a dynamic, well-organized Process/Quality Engineer.
The primary duties of the Process/Quality Engineer is to maintain and repair plant equipment
Reports to: Operations Manager
Other Internal Contacts: Daily contact with all levels of staff
External Contacts: Customers
Oversee the quality management system to ensure that good quality parts are shipped to the customer. This includes:
- Maintaining and updating the QMS documentation (i.e. procedures, work instructions, and forms)
- Responsible for internal and external ISO 9001 audits.
- Maintaining the calibration system and ensuring that gauges and equipment are calibrated.
- Developing and updating quality metrics that present an accurate picture of quality performance.
- Develop quality guidelines for all products
- Work with lead hands and operators to help them understand quality and inspection requirements.
- Communicating to customers with regards to all quality issues, and quality paperwork
- Issuing and updating CARs and PARs from audits, and customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all PPAP documentation is completed in a timely manner, including testing.
- Ordering quality supplies and equipment
Responsible for the Process Engineering activities, which include:
- Ensuring that prototype samples meet customer requirements
- Developing tooling designs and process parameters for new products.
- Ensuring that productivity meets targets for all parts.
- Training lead hands on new parts and processes.
- Implementing continuous improvement projects, which reduce scrap, rework, or increase productivity.
- Work on determining root cause and solutions for quality issues.
- Responsible for the operation of the waste water treatment system and the compliance to the regions sewer use bylaw.
- Completion of College/University in an Engineering field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Quality or Engineering Role
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and other computer systems
- ISO training is an asset
- Ability to resolve customer calls
- Ability to prioritize, plan and schedule work effectively with a production team in a fast paced and values driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in order to deal with customers (internal and external) at all levels.
- Strong organization and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong ethical skills to ensure confidentiality of sensitive information.
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
- Organizes workload, sets priorities and work is performed accurately within deadlines.
- Shall include factors related to the process of the position, as well as achievement standards related to duties set out in the position description, annual major objectives and special assignments.
Interested applicants, please forward your resume to Attention: Human Resources in any of the following manners:
Mail: Latem & Plastico Industries
(A Div. of Latem Industries Ltd)
90 Struck Court
Cambridge, ON N1R 8L2
Latem & Plastico Industries Ltd.is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.