Latem & Plastico Industries Limited has enjoyed steady growth over the years providing metal finishing solutions and plastic coating. To continue our growth we are currently seeking a dynamic, well-organized Backup Lead Hand/ Material Handler.
The primary duties of the Backup Lead Hand/Material Handler is to maintain and repair plant equipment
Reports to: Lead Hand
Subordinate Staff: approximately 10
Other Internal Contacts: Daily contact with all levels of staff
External Contacts: Contractors (minimal contact)
- Ensure lines are always loaded with parts
- Ensure accuracy and completion of quality checks.
- Track raw material usage and inventory levels.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of paperwork, ncm logs, data entry, etc.
- Supervise staff on production line.
- Fundamental of all aspects of the line and each job associated with the line.
- Work with Lead Hand supervisor in identifying key employees and aid in training and development of workers.
- Meet quality, material and efficiency budgets as outlined by process and quality instructions.
- Work in a safe manner and follow all safety procedures.
- Proper housekeeping.
- Problem solving.
- Incoming inspection and final inspection.
- Maintain bin / order accuracy and tracebility by following numbering system.
- Inputting data into the system database.
- Product staging for line.
- Conduct tests and readings, as required.
- Development and implementation of new and existing processes.
- Assist in all aspects of other departments as required and instructed by the supervisor and/or lead hand.
- Responsible for managing safety within the department.
- Review and communication of safe work procedures to all existing and new employees. This includes temporary staff.
- Training of new and temporary employees (safety procedures, orientation, and job duties
Health & Safety
- Completion of High School with some College/University is an asset
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a leadership role
- Minimum of five (5) years forklift experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Solid trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of computer systems is an asset
- Ability to prioritize, plan and schedule work effectively with a production team in a fast paced and values driven environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, in order to deal with customers (internal and external) at all levels.
- Strong organization and time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong ethical skills to ensure confidentiality of sensitive information.
PERFORMANCE COMPETENCIES AND CRITERIA:
- Organizes workload, sets priorities and work is performed accurately within deadlines.
- Shall include factors related to the process of the position, as well as achievement standards related to duties set out in the position description, annual major objectives and special assignments.
Interested applicants, please forward your resume to Attention: Human Resources in any of the following manners:
Mail: Plastico Industries
(A Div. of Latem Industries Ltd)
90 Struck Court
Cambridge, ON N1R 8L2
Latem & Plastico Industries Ltd.is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate all expressed interest in this position; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.