Lastman's Bad Boy Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Horrid Place to Work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 June 2017
Got hired in April, everything seemed great at first, the benefits were amazing as well, but I came to realize that everything was only a tease and that part-time employees are only expendable in the eyes of Lastman's Bad Boy. I've worked my hardest everyday just to make sure I get everything done as management wants. Everyday I fear for loosing my job because the management loves using fear mongering as a tactic to keep employees in line. The hardest part of the job is being the only person in the warehouse after a certain time, and there is no enjoyable part of the job.
A whole lot of work with minimum pay
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2017
A typical work day consist of Part orders, Technician Dispatch and follow ups with previous work orders. It is not neccessarily a hard job to do but because of the work load it is very stressful and not properly managed. 1 person does the Job of 3 People.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
no incentives
comfortable environment, terrible company
Shipper and Receiver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 March 2017
the actual environment of the warehouse is easy going and not very strict. The warehouse is extremely small with an absurd amount of inventory. There's no communication between the warehouse and head office. The store and company are just very unprofessional. over worked and underpaid.
Diverse and engaging company
Furniture Buyer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
I've been with Lastman's BadBoy for just over a year now. It's been definitely by far the best organization I have worked for.

The management have been true supporters in my success at Lastman's BadBoy. These are down to earth, understanding individuals whom i can always share my thoughts and concerns with at any point in time. The open door policy allows me to communicate openly about my opinions/thoughts without feeling judged.

I love coming to work at Lastman's BadBoy because it represents who I really am. The work environment allows me to be myself and inspires me to do better each and every day. The unlimited amount of support from my peers help me achieve the best possible results in all aspects of the my job category.

Being part of the BadBoy team means working for one of the best Canadian owned companies. I would recommend Lastman's BadBoy to anyone looking for a new start to an amazing career.
Excellent workplace!
Senior Management (Current Employee) –  Head Office3 March 2017
My work experience at Lastman's Bad Boy has been amazing. I come to work every day looking forward to the challenges at hand and working with an amazing group of people. I was amazed to learn that over 100 employees have been with Bad Boy for more than 10 years (many of which have been with the company for more than 20 years). It is a real testament to the level of satisfaction that this company can provide.
Very Positive Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 March 2017
Working at Bad Boy has been a very positive experience. The staff and management feel like family to me. So many of the staff in the company have worked here for many many years and I can see why – it’s a nice place to work. They are supportive and allow for flexibility and work-life balance. Management is supportive and answer any questions I have. My experience has been nothing been positive.
Productive and fun work place
Builder's Division Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 February 2017
Great work place.
Lovely people to work with
organized
safe work environment
positive people
always room to grow
friendly customers
everyone works as a team and is willing to help
nooooobodddyyy should work here!!!!!
Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON22 February 2017
Management is uneducated and unqualified for there position therefor the place is run by a bunch of yo yo's...
Many employees are related to each so be careful who you talk too, and don't even bother to bring an opinion cause it doesn't matter there has been no change for the better ever!
There r rules that are made up whenever,
demanding the most inefficient and ridiculous tasks
The furniture is the lowest quality possible and some customers are be told all kinds of lies and false promises just to make a deal
Once they have your money the only to get it back is to say your going to city Tv to broadcast your dispute..

If you want to work for a company that will chew u up and spit u out go for it!
17 March 2017

Hello – Lastman’s Bad Boy is a proud family business and we work hard to make our employees feel like they are part of our team. We’re sorry to hear that you did not feel that way during your position here, we wish you the best of luck in your future career.

Worst job you'll ever have
Waste of time (Former Employee) –  Barrie19 February 2017
Terrible people, worst management, lazy & flat-out illogical. I don't understand how this place is still in business. Terrible attitude and nobody's positive. Very frustrating environment, if you hate your life and don't mind hating it even more, send that application in.
17 March 2017

Hello – we’re sadden to hear your perspective on your position at Lastman’s Bad Boy. We are a fast growing company with many happy employees who are working together to create the future of Bad Boy. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

sweat shop
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Maximum effort for minimum wages... Bad management... No recognition, No benefits. High demands, Rude management approach. Unprofessional. Will not recommend to any friends
Pros
Cons
many
8 March 2017

Hello – we’re sorry to hear that your position at Lastman’s Bad Boy was not a good fit for you. We do offer benefits and take time recognize our outstanding employees each year. We’re saddened that you did not approach our Human Resource department with your concerns prior to your departure. The Lastman’s Bad Boy team wishes you the best of luck in your career.

so much potential but there stuck in old ways.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON18 November 2016
there are some good things about this company but it doesnt outway the bad thing however.

good-
-family runned business.
-there are only a certian people at the head office willing to help you out with an issue.
-fair owner to work for.

bad-
-extremely micro managed. even as a manager we have to ask permission for the most silliest reasons. it also causes for poor customer service.(example: i have to get an okay from the vp to authorize a price match).
-very archaic company policies (no refunds even if the company is at fault).
-horrible training process.
-no family life, expect to work alot of hours and get no recogination for it.

ugly
-to many "yes men" and "reporters" in this company. both at head office and retail side of the business.
-lots of backstabbing from co-wokers.
-way to much turnover with sales and management. (they really need to do exit interviews to find out why people are leaving oppose to thinking good riddance).
Forget your home life
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ON9 November 2016
If you want a home life and a job, this isn't the place for you. If you're single and want to make some money this place is ok.
Pros
Sales staff
Cons
Working hours and management
fun and amazing people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 November 2016
Unfortunately there was not a good balance of work and time off, so if you are a parent that wants to be with your children I do not recommend that you apply, but if you like to have fun and make good money this could be the right job. The other sales associates were amazing to work with and easy to get along with, and the managers were always there to help and answer all your questions. They were a lot of amazing training outside of work as well.
Pros
great people, good money, fun training
Unrealistic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 September 2016
It's difficult to make a living here when your commission gets penalized if you give a discount (and with the type of clientele brought in with false online advertising, and the precident of always giving discounts, you can guarantee every.single.customer. Demands a discount).
Management is ridiculous, and doesn't treat employees with respect. Employees have been screamed at in front of customers. Constantly threatened. No positive reinforcement, always focus on the negative.
I would never recommend ANYONE I know to work here.
Head office is a joke, not reliable. Very poor customer service and integrity.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
Cons
Long hours, horrible pay, bad customer service, everything
Job ok, company only good for start of career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  North York, ON25 May 2016
If you are looking for somewhere to start your career - this is it. Don't spend more than two years here, especially as a junior employee, as you are definitely treated and paid as such. The job itself isn't bad, its a great place to learn, but the management team makes it very challenging to do your job. The company's underlying motto is definitely "get as much as you can without paying what you should".

They do good work with the community, but other than that they definitely have work to do to treat their employees better.
Brilliant experience at a store level, head office and operations are a mess
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Multiple10 March 2016
In store management have a great pulse on the business and business needs. The head office is completely out of touch of what staff needs to succeed and thrive. Long hours/days. Dont expect a family life. Expect to be abused by senior management, and their unrealistic expectations. Their policies and practices make you fear to sell to friends and families and have no customer service focus.
Pros
Some good people nice furniture
Office Admin
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON19 June 2015
Greeted customers, maintained their accounts with company, faxed, filed and emailed head office and clients. Overall good atmosphere. Co-workers at front desk most enjoyable part of the job.
Enjoyable Workplace
Senior Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 May 2015
Working for Lastman's Bad Boy for almost 5 years now has only meant my time has been enjoyable. It has pushed me to keep succeeding and make my own pay cheques. Working in a commission based environment has allowed me to work harder and be the best i can be.Bad Boy gives the salespeople all types of tools to allow us all to get better from every aspect, from product knowledge to building long term relations with great customers that always come back or refer my services to others.
fun atmosphere with hard work expected
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON22 September 2014
The atmosphere at Lastman's Bad Boy Burlington Location is one of a family.
It has its trials and tribulations from day to day as all jobs. You will be expected to do multiple things all at the same time, to work long hours, sometimes between 13 to 16 hrs in a day, and you can rule out a life during Boxing week.
The customers are great, we do the best we can to help tehm as much as possible, if not you can revert them to the customer service team at Head Office.
Pros
Great management team
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lastman's Bad Boy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6