Laser Quest Employee Reviews

Very part time job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
Working at Laser Quest requires being able to work independently while being part of a working team. Working there, the policy's on shifts for crew members seem to limit most staff to a maximum of 15 hours a week, or less. Sometimes you get lucky and find yourself with a 17 hour week, but you usually are stuck working weekends with the odd weekday. Great option for students. Little room for growth but many of the General Managers started out as crew. The staff and environment is very encouraging, the crew as a whole are usually all fun loving and friendly. Regardless of the hours, the energy at Laser Quest makes up for the cons.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Few hours
Great place with a lot of cool people
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 May 2017
Great Place with a lot of cool people, I definitely learned a lot from this job and I could never have asked for a better experience. The management at times could be a little iffy but besides that everything is amazing.
Loved the job
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 May 2017
I loved working at laser quest. It was super fun and enjoyable. I only left because the work was too far from my house but if i lived closer i would have never left.
Pros
Bonus', Working with kids
Cons
Very little breaks
Fun filled, customer oriented environment, always looking for ways of improving
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 April 2017
A typical day at work would be arriving after school at the location and begin taking inventory and preparing the equipment for the customers. This means checking the schedule of reservations, checking the till and party forms, turning on and testing all the lasers and packs. Depending on the amount of parties, clean up of the party rooms is required, as well as a thorough cleaning of the rest of the center before closing. This also includes checking the maze, making sure the packs are turned off correctly, and setting up as much as possible for the next day. The hardest party of the job would possibly be cleaning up a full party room with a full mess left behind a large party in 5-10 minutes, and set up for the next party, or set up key quest (escape room) depending on the schedule for the day. Working at Laser Quest was all in all very enjoyable, especially being the ambassador of fun for our customers. It is always a good feeling seeing customers of all ages having fun at Laser Quest.
Pros
Always accepting for new ideas, always something to clean or organize I enjoy organizing)
Cons
Overnight hours are possible
Great and fun place to work, but can be incredibly demanding.
Marshall and Tech Crew (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK21 February 2017
A typical day at work depended on the day; if it were a weekday, you may have a few games and maybe a few birthdays, but generally speaking the day was spent cleaning. On the weekend, however, it was always busy, with back-to-back birthday parties, constant cleaning, and having to keep the games on time on top of it.
I learned a better respect for cleaning crews in every aspect, and most of my proper customer service experience comes from working here.
Management was generally supportive and genuinely tried to improve our general lives as well as the work environment.
Due to the clientele (primarily children), general workplace drama was recommended to be kept to a minimum, and it generally worked out. Everyone was quite friendly.
Hardest part of the job was cleaning; kids are quite messy, and parents are often rushing out the door without time to clean. As a result, cleaning needed to be done satisfactorily and in record time.
Funnest part of the job was the entertaining you could do in-between and during games. I always liked hiding around a corner and scaring the next passerby.
Pros
Flexible break time, lots of fun, can feel like it's not a job
Cons
Can have many hours without customers, very high energy job
Productive and highly adaptable workplace with arcade games and newly painted maze that is very eye catching
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 February 2017
At my workplace, I take nicknames from children and even adults then I add the nickname into the computer system. I then take the kids into the "briefing room" where I explain to them how to play the game. It is my job to supervise anyone who enters the game to make sure no one is injured. The workplace culture is very friendly and management is very flexible and are able to work with you when it comes to scheduling you with hours. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the fact I get to communicate with people as I am a very sociable person and I enjoy helping costumers out to put a smile on their faces.
Pros
Break times are pretty frequent- mainly when days are pretty slow
Fun, fast paced, friendly enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON6 November 2016
I've been working at Laser Quest for just over three years, and it is a fantastic place to work when in school. When I was first hired, they were friendly and took me in basically as a new family member. I learned many things from the three years I've been working for the company. From management to self-confidence, responsibility and much much more. You come every day to work looking forward to just being with the staff and having a good time, as long as the overall job gets done! That's my motto.
Pros
great staff, having a great time at work.
Cons
sometimes difficult customers
Fun and Exciting Work Place
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 May 2016
Great company that has new skills and opportunities for the employees! Great place to work if you are in school, as it has very reasonable hours. Very face paced, so you will never get bored and you are always working with new people and customers. You will always build on new skills.
Pros
Free games!
Cons
Screaming kids.
Fun workplace, friendly co-workers
Marshall/Party Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Calgary12 August 2015
Have been employed at Laser Quest for 2 years. Friendly co-workers and managers that love to have a laugh, are easy to talk to and enjoy having fun. Fun work environment that can be exciting. My position asks me to take codenames, check in parties, party coordinate, marshall games, brief players on how to play and the rules, help players suit up packs, try to create a fun and memorable time for customers/parties. I have learned to become more confident in public speaking and customer service.
Fun environment and incredible staff!
Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 July 2015
Laser Quest is a very fun and exciting place to work. The job allows for advancement. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult customers who wants you to bend the rules. The staff is a blast to work with. Everyone gets along. I made a lot of long lasting bonds there.
Pros
Free Pizza!
Cons
Customers with bad attitudes.
Fun and rewarding work experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 January 2015
As a crew member I had multiple tasks that I needed to co-ordinate simultaneously. Keeping a fun environment, and delivering an entertaining experience for customers is one of the many ways in which I delivered quality customer service. Being punctual was a very important aspect of the job, and being able to stay on top of deadlines was necessary. With help from my team, we were able to deliver a memorable experience to many of our customers.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton11 November 2014
Typical day at work:
Selling Laser Quest products to prospecting buyers

What you learned:
- Customer service
- EBSCO research

Management:
- low engagement due to non-competitive pay

Your co-workers
- Typical sales

The hardest part of the job
- Little to no opportunity for advancement

The most enjoyable part of the job:
- High opportunity to learn via EBSCO
Fun to work at, but once you reach Manager, there is no more room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montreal24 October 2014
I had a blast working at Laser Quest. I learned a great list of responsabilities, tasks, and even got to build my own team, a winning team by the way, continuously breaking records nad delivering the won. On the other hadn, the company is very late in all sorts of marketing strategies, coroporate responsabilities… and so on ans so fort, and they have been there for 20 years… They dont read properly the laws and requirements by the governement. It always last minute policies, last minute changes, when everything is given the proper delay for adjustment. In Montreal, the GM does not want to move. Let me tell you that he is the best bois I ever had, but he is in a comfort zone. He could do so much more for the company, train, be an Area Manager, and become a legend with the company, but he refuses to grow, letting all the people underneath slowly sine in their positions, and no possibility for advancement, for many years (in other words, until he retires…, yeah talk about not letting people grow). His ego is in Montreal because he saved the center from closing 12 years ago, and the store has been on a constant revenue increase year after year, but other centers are slowly crumbling down, month after month. I strongly encourage him to grow and make a true difference managing many centers at once so that he can really make a difference and leave his comfort zone of. you will learn much from him, but he will stop your progress s soon as you hit the Salaried Manager position.
Pros
Fun place to work at, lots of skills learning, great environment, teamwork, ongoing coaching
Cons
marketing late 20 years, website is bad, many mistakes, loops for nothing, pressured sales, limited advancement opportunities, minors (they all need money, but never want to work, expect to be called for a shift covering of replacement.
treated really badly
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 August 2014
management sucks treats you horribly
don't get breaks
not enough advertising
You learn how to be the life of the party.
Marshal (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 September 2013
This is a fun place to work at, if you're a shy person, this isn't the job for you. Especially since you have to hold the attention of a group of people, sometimes as large as 35! Having this job, you come across very different types of personalities and you learn different ways to handle different people and situations. You also learn how to work under pressure and a tight time deadline, all while maintaining a party like atmosphere.
Pros
Fun environment, most of the time. Good management.
Cons
Hours of the week change too much. One week I'll have 20, the next week I'll only have 9.
Fun and exciting workplace, "Never a dull moment"
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2013
I really enjoyed my experience at Laser Quest, as I found it enabled me to work with many types of co-workers and clients of all ages and backgrounds. What I really enjoyed was that there was always something to do, a client to greet, a game to run or simply a chore to be finished. I was able to work very fast and efficiently during busy hours, and even got recognized for all my hard work. The management was great and always ensured our days ran smoothly, and it made a great difference to know first hand how sincere our patrons really were. Unfortunately, the hours were not there and it was not the type of workplace I had wanted to continue working in which eventually led to my resignation.
Pros
Lots of fun, hosted birthday parties, participated in games
Cons
Short hours, under-staffed
fun place, great people
Crew (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 March 2013
A typical day at work was fun, and great to work with the co-workers at the time.
Pros
free games
Cons
far location
Very fun workplace that leaves a lasting impression
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2012
Laser Quest was a great place to work. A typical day at work would be going in and jumping right into things. Laser quest is very fast paced and on the go. Between games and taking codenames there wasnt much time for anything. I learned how to manage my time effectly, how to be more outgoing and brought out my silly side. The people with whom I worked with were great aswell, everyone always had an upbeat attitude and a smile on their face (which isnt hard when there are so many kids happy and excited to play) I think the hardest part of the job would have been when you would have to clean party rooms asap if we were on a very tight schedule and the next party was arriving aswell as making sure games were on track. It would make things a bit stressful to fall behind. The most enjoyable part was definitely seeing the kids, and adults really enjoy the whole experience.
Pros
incentives, fun games, you get to make your briefing "your own", fun overnighters
Cons
not much time for breaks, not much flexibility on hours (mostly evenings/weekends)