Laser Quest Employee Review

Working at the LQ
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Norridge, IL13 October 2013
I started working at LQ during my senior year of high school, two years later I'm still in the sam position I was in, except I'm making about 30 cents more an hour. I love working there, my coworkers are amazing and the customers aren't so bad. As far as management, its more of a touch and go sort of idea. I love the GM and the assistant managers. Customers can be real a-holes sometimes even when you're providing the best service you can. Very flexible hours and it works great with your schedule. The hardest part of the job is probably closing down the whole center at the end of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the bonus checks we receive quarterly.
Pros
Co-workers, Management, Bonus Checks, and Free Games!
Cons
Closing, customers (sometimes)

Other Laser Quest Employee Reviews

Fun environment, but poor management
Crew/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 September 2017
Nearly two very enjoyable years with the company, but it became ridiculous how tight the chances of being hired there were. Its understandable there's a specific type of employee needed, but I found it was a very judgmental process. People got let go for harmless reasons. For such a lax environment, it was very strict. The pay wasn't too bad, but I feel as though there should be some form of pay raise for crew based on their efforts over their length of employment. The tracking sheets on employees were a fantastic idea, but there should be some form of tracking sheet for the management team as well, because there were some pretty questionable things done that went unnoticed or unpunished. The management team was very very very great when I started there, but one manager being hired seemed to strain that quickly. The team quickly lost communication and trust between one another, putting stress on everybody. Although it often felt like a family while working there, there were times it felt unreasonably dramatic and a lot like a high school TV series.
Pros
Family-like team, great flexibility around hours, fun and fast paced position
Cons
No official breaks, management, lack of communication
Very part time job
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 June 2017
Working at Laser Quest requires being able to work independently while being part of a working team. Working there, the policy's on shifts for crew members seem to limit most staff to a maximum of 15 hours a week, or less. Sometimes you get lucky and find yourself with a 17 hour week, but you usually are stuck working weekends with the odd weekday. Great option for students. Little room for growth but many of the General Managers started out as crew. The staff and environment is very encouraging, the crew as a whole are usually all fun loving and friendly. Regardless of the hours, the energy at Laser Quest makes up for the cons.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Few hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Quest. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2