Laser Quest Employee Review

Fun and exciting workplace, "Never a dull moment"
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 July 2013
I really enjoyed my experience at Laser Quest, as I found it enabled me to work with many types of co-workers and clients of all ages and backgrounds. What I really enjoyed was that there was always something to do, a client to greet, a game to run or simply a chore to be finished. I was able to work very fast and efficiently during busy hours, and even got recognized for all my hard work. The management was great and always ensured our days ran smoothly, and it made a great difference to know first hand how sincere our patrons really were. Unfortunately, the hours were not there and it was not the type of workplace I had wanted to continue working in which eventually led to my resignation.
Pros
Lots of fun, hosted birthday parties, participated in games
Cons
Short hours, under-staffed

Other Laser Quest Employee Reviews

Good place to learn new skills, poor work/life balance and senior management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
Shift work throughout the week. Enjoyed working with customers and training and development team. Good small team dynamic, poor senior management working relationships.
Fun environment, but poor management
Crew/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 September 2017
Nearly two very enjoyable years with the company, but it became ridiculous how tight the chances of being hired there were. Its understandable there's a specific type of employee needed, but I found it was a very judgmental process. People got let go for harmless reasons. For such a lax environment, it was very strict. The pay wasn't too bad, but I feel as though there should be some form of pay raise for crew based on their efforts over their length of employment. The tracking sheets on employees were a fantastic idea, but there should be some form of tracking sheet for the management team as well, because there were some pretty questionable things done that went unnoticed or unpunished. The management team was very very very great when I started there, but one manager being hired seemed to strain that quickly. The team quickly lost communication and trust between one another, putting stress on everybody. Although it often felt like a family while working there, there were times it felt unreasonably dramatic and a lot like a high school TV series.
Pros
Family-like team, great flexibility around hours, fun and fast paced position
Cons
No official breaks, management, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Quest. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2