Laser Quest

Laser Quest Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and rewarding work experience
Crew Member (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 15, 2015
As a crew member I had multiple tasks that I needed to co-ordinate simultaneously. Keeping a fun environment, and delivering an entertaining experience for customers is one of the many ways in which I delivered quality customer service. Being punctual was a very important aspect of the job, and being able to stay on top of deadlines was necessary. With help from my team, we were able to deliver a memorable experience to many of our customers.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), EdmontonNovember 11, 2014
Typical day at work:
Selling Laser Quest products to prospecting buyers

What you learned:
- Customer service
- EBSCO research

Management:
- low engagement due to non-competitive pay

Your co-workers
- Typical sales

The hardest part of the job
- Little to no opportunity for advancement

The most enjoyable part of the job:
- High opportunity to learn via EBSCO
Fun to work at, but once you reach Manager, there is no more room for advancement
Manager (Former Employee), MontrealOctober 24, 2014
Pros: fun place to work at, lots of skills learning, great environment, teamwork, ongoing coaching
Cons: marketing late 20 years, website is bad, many mistakes, loops for nothing, pressured sales, limited advancement opportunities, minors (they all need money, but never want to work, expect to be called for a shift covering of replacement.
I had a blast working at Laser Quest. I learned a great list of responsabilities, tasks, and even got to build my own team, a winning team by the way, continuously breaking records nad delivering the won. On the other hadn, the company is very late in all sorts of marketing strategies, coroporate responsabilities… and so on ans so fort, and they have been there for 20 years… They dont read properly the laws and requirements by the governement. It always last minute policies, last minute changes, when everything is given the proper delay for adjustment. In Montreal, the GM does not want to move. Let me tell you that he is the best bois I ever had, but he is in a comfort zone. He could do so much more for the company, train, be an Area Manager, and become a legend with the company, but he refuses to grow, letting all the people underneath slowly sine in their positions, and no possibility for advancement, for many years (in other words, until he retires…, yeah talk about not letting people grow). His ego is in Montreal because he saved the center from closing 12 years ago, and the store has been on a constant revenue increase year after year, but other centers are slowly crumbling down, month after month. I strongly encourage him to grow and make a true difference managing many centers at once so that he can really make a difference and leave his comfort zone of. you will learn much from him, but he will stop your progress s soon as you hit the Salaried Manager position.
treated really badly
Crew Member (Current Employee), Oakville, ONAugust 21, 2014
management sucks treats you horribly
don't get breaks
not enough advertising
You learn how to be the life of the party.
Marshal (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: fun environment, most of the time. good management.
Cons: hours of the week change too much. one week i'll have 20, the next week i'll only have 9.
This is a fun place to work at, if you're a shy person, this isn't the job for you. Especially since you have to hold the attention of a group of people, sometimes as large as 35! Having this job, you come across very different types of personalities and you learn different ways to handle different people and situations. You also learn how to work under pressure and a tight time deadline, all while maintaining a party like atmosphere.
Fun and exciting workplace, "Never a dull moment"
Crew Leader (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 15, 2013
Pros: lots of fun, hosted birthday parties, participated in games
Cons: short hours, under-staffed
I really enjoyed my experience at Laser Quest, as I found it enabled me to work with many types of co-workers and clients of all ages and backgrounds. What I really enjoyed was that there was always something to do, a client to greet, a game to run or simply a chore to be finished. I was able to work very fast and efficiently during busy hours, and even got recognized for all my hard work. The management was great and always ensured our days ran smoothly, and it made a great difference to know first hand how sincere our patrons really were. Unfortunately, the hours were not there and it was not the type of workplace I had wanted to continue working in which eventually led to my resignation.
fun place, great people
Crew (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 13, 2013
Pros: free games
Cons: far location
A typical day at work was fun, and great to work with the co-workers at the time.

About Laser Quest

Laser Quest offers a professional teambuilding program, developed by a corporate training professional which involves a unique – Read more