Laser Quest Employee Review

Very fun workplace that leaves a lasting impression
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2012
Laser Quest was a great place to work. A typical day at work would be going in and jumping right into things. Laser quest is very fast paced and on the go. Between games and taking codenames there wasnt much time for anything. I learned how to manage my time effectly, how to be more outgoing and brought out my silly side. The people with whom I worked with were great aswell, everyone always had an upbeat attitude and a smile on their face (which isnt hard when there are so many kids happy and excited to play) I think the hardest part of the job would have been when you would have to clean party rooms asap if we were on a very tight schedule and the next party was arriving aswell as making sure games were on track. It would make things a bit stressful to fall behind. The most enjoyable part was definitely seeing the kids, and adults really enjoy the whole experience.
Pros
incentives, fun games, you get to make your briefing "your own", fun overnighters
Cons
not much time for breaks, not much flexibility on hours (mostly evenings/weekends)

Other Laser Quest Employee Reviews

Good place to learn new skills, poor work/life balance and senior management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
Shift work throughout the week. Enjoyed working with customers and training and development team. Good small team dynamic, poor senior management working relationships.
Fun environment, but poor management
Crew/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 September 2017
Nearly two very enjoyable years with the company, but it became ridiculous how tight the chances of being hired there were. Its understandable there's a specific type of employee needed, but I found it was a very judgmental process. People got let go for harmless reasons. For such a lax environment, it was very strict. The pay wasn't too bad, but I feel as though there should be some form of pay raise for crew based on their efforts over their length of employment. The tracking sheets on employees were a fantastic idea, but there should be some form of tracking sheet for the management team as well, because there were some pretty questionable things done that went unnoticed or unpunished. The management team was very very very great when I started there, but one manager being hired seemed to strain that quickly. The team quickly lost communication and trust between one another, putting stress on everybody. Although it often felt like a family while working there, there were times it felt unreasonably dramatic and a lot like a high school TV series.
Pros
Family-like team, great flexibility around hours, fun and fast paced position
Cons
No official breaks, management, lack of communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Laser Quest. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2