Larsen & Toubro limited

Larsen & Toubro limited Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun workplace
Assistant Manager - Procurement (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: excellent team work
Cons: long hours
In my 4 year of experience at L&T, I got to know about procurement, logistics, Supply chain management.
Roles & Responsibilities:

• Preparing RFQ for valves with respect to MR & specifications received from Client/End User to float the enquiries to sub-suppliers.
• Floating Enquiry along with General Purchase Conditions & Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to suppliers.
• Co-ordination with the suppliers for timely receipt of techno-Commercial offers.
• Preparation of Parametric Technical Analysis & Commercial Bid Analysis.
• Co-ordination with Engineering and Quality department for detailed technical evaluation of the offers and resolution of the technical queries, if any, followed by approval of Technical Bid Analysis.
• Negotiation with the suppliers on Price, Delivery, Credit Period and other Terms & Finalization of Orders.
• Preparation and issuance of Purchase order in SAP Module and Receipt of PO acknowledgement, Vendor Document Requirement Schedule, Manufacturing Schedule, Inspection Test Plan etc., from suppliers.
• Arrangement of Kick Off Meeting with customer, internal stake holders and sub-suppliers within three weeks of confirmation of Purchase order.
• Close monitoring with vendors for their engineering / Procurement / Manufacturing progress and Co-ordination with internal stake holders and client for approval of vendor’s documents (engineering and QA/QC documents).
• Arrangement of Pre-Inspection Meeting at Supplier’s Factory to freeze the testing and inspection requirements.
• Expediting with suppliers and their sub-vendors by means of desk expediting – more... & periodic visits (Domestics & International as well).
• Monitoring of Supplier’s Fortnightly Progress Reports and weekly presentation to senior management.
• Timely arrangement of Third Party Inspectors & Customers for stage inspections & Factory Acceptance Test as per approved ITP.
• Restrict Variation Orders and manage the changes / claims, if genuine, through PO amendment.
• Co-ordination with Supplier / Accounts for payment and management of bank guarantees & Letters of Credit.
• Co-ordination with Freight Forwarders for collection of goods, transportation by Road/Sea/Air and foreign payments.
• Arrangement of Commissioning / Service Engineer to our yard and offshore for commissioning / trouble shooting.
• Supporting sales team during bidding for new Projects. – less
As a professional experience this is the best company, numbers of projects is available all project is national level.
Senior Engineer (QA/QC) (Former Employee), Surat and MumbaiMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free food, accommodation.
Cons: long hours.
Punctuality, Safety, Quality & Protective work place
Site engineer, Planning and Billing engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 17, 2015
1. Morning 7'o clock we are reach office and go to site in 8.30 am
we do safety precaution and start the work as well as evening closing the work with safely.I was making a bill and get approval from client and followup of bill for getting payment
2.From this work I learned Surveying using auto level instruments
Public related works
Managing of labour
Good relationship with Clint, labour, people & Local leaders
3.My co workers working as team & friendly
A fun to work place with lots of knowledge to gain
Trainee (Former Employee), Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, IndiaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: awesome atmosphere and work culture
Larsen & Toubro is great place for freshers to start their professional career. The company not only helps you gain lots of knowledge but also helps you to grow on a professional as well as personal level. The company teaches you a variety of things form handling labor to managing the higher management.
The company always takes initiatives in helping its employees learn better by arranging trainings, workshops, conferences, etc.
The higher management in the company is very supportive and understanding.
The co-workers are fun people to work with. There is a lot to learn from them.
One of the most enjoyable part of the job was brainstorming with the team when a new project was assigned.
A good organization to work if you are keeping your family thoghts away.
Production Engineer (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good culture
Cons: long hours
I love the freedom at L&T but, Due to lot of work load, your Social/family life will totally disturb.

Culture varies by Department to Department, Some departments have very good culture, while some have wrost.

If you are Bachlor then very good organization to start with.
Learning culture
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), MumbaiFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: all pros
Cons: not applicable
At L&T, in Divisional Strategic Sourcing group, no job was monotonous. Everyday a new challenge was waiting for us. I learned a lot from my manager. The hardest part was when production would get affected due to shortage of material. It was the enjoyable part too.
scaffolding
Scaffolding Leadman (Former Employee), indiaFebruary 8, 2015
• Inspector Scaffolding course from Qatar Plant Hire
Scaffolding Inspector Safety Awareness Course. (Qatar Velosi Number DEC/2215-VQ)
o Working at Height Trained
o Safety Fundamental Training from Ras Gas
o Safe work certificate Ras Gas company ltd
A nice place to learn
Project Engineer (Mechanical) (Current Employee), Chennai, TNFebruary 7, 2015
A engineering service provider catering to process industries.

The company structure is basically that of an EPC consultant.
Stores Functions
"Stores Officer" (Former Employee), Ahmadnagar, MHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: people care company
Systematic approach, daily review meetings, daily review of employees PI/CF through JTBC.
Planned work.
Effective utilization of resources, space, materials and equipments.
Multistorage racks with flexible location system.
Approach of paperless working.
Cost savings projects through SGA, kaizen.
Monitoring of inventory accuracy through Perpetual inventory, ABC analysis.
Best firm in Engineering field in India
Business Development Analyst (Former Employee), Chennai, TNFebruary 1, 2015
Has good management.
I had a very good Boss.
Great place to work if you are in hard core engineering.
Subsidized Lunch at cafeteria.
Top firm in civil engg in India.
Good Work Place
Stractural Engineer (Current Employee), Jajpur, ORJanuary 30, 2015
Cons: long hour
1.Giving better opportunity to grow the carrier , Improve the Skill ,Talent , Dealing Capacity etc.
2.Improve Skill, Knowledge, Tucking Power etc.
3.Life Secure .
4.Get Salary Continue so that plan the future properly .
Hard Working and Fun Filled Job
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Hyderabad, IndiaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: many perks
Cons: working hours
The hardest part of the job is managing the diversified workmen in the work place.
I learnt how to cope up with pressure, how to manage time, how to get effective output with minimum cost and time.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a fun filled youth colleagues which encourages me to work with pleasant mind.
BMS & ELV Systems - Specialist
Assistant Manager in Larsen & Toubro Limited (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJDecember 31, 2014
(1) Typical day at work - fine.
(2) Project Management deeply
(3) MEP Team Work
(4) 12Hrs Work little Difficult
(5) Enjoyable very less due no time.
Working place nice... Near to my home now..
Sr.Engineer (Current Employee), Ariyalur, TNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: home, food
Cons: 8 hours
 Analyse the Requirements.
 Division of work to the Project Members.
 Collecting the necessary material.
 Giving necessary suggestions to the members.
 Reporting updates to the Project Guide.
 Performing Demos on regular updates.
 Tracking Defects and finalizing the project.
LV switchgear Quality Engineer
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee), Coimbatore, TNDecember 16, 2014
Pros: good culture
Cons: no proper training in related fields
Programming, calibration of Numerical relays like ABB(REF, REM Relays), GE(F60, F35, MM300, MIFII), Siemens(Siprotec, Simocode Relays), Areva ( Micom P141, P922, P120, P821) & L&T (Fast bus transfer SCM21, MX7 -5, MCOMP, P&B )

Testing of various types of standard products like Air Circuit Breaker (ACB), Protective relays, PLC, Multifunction meters, MCCB, VFD, Soft starters etc.

Tested & Executed the Logics of Incomer & Bus coupler like 2I/C & 1 B/C with Manual & Auto Changeover, 3I/C & 2B/C with Auto Transfer Schemes, Soft starters, VFD Drivers.
Summer Intern (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 15, 2014
Good working experience. Great learning opportunities for all level of executives. Co-workers are very cooperative,
Amazing Brand
Senior Engineer - Tendering and Operations (Former Employee), Delhi, IndiaDecember 14, 2014
The best brand for Civil Engineers in India to start with. Long working hours but the best learning one can experience.
My time in this company was very stress full.. But studied a lot....
Production Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 14, 2014
I got the chance to learn about fabrication of pressure vessels such as Boilers, Steam drum. Heat exchangers, Condensers etc...... I also got the chance to know more about different welding techniques, welding equipments etc...
EXCELLENT COORDINATION WORK
STRUC. & ARCH. BIM MODELER (Former Employee), SALALAH, OMANDecember 11, 2014
Pros: for lunch we paid half price
I LEARNED FROM MY LAST COMPANY HOW TO COORDINATE WITH ANOTHER DEPARTMENT LIKE MEP.

AS PER COMPANY REQUIREMENT I WORKED HARD.

ALL EMPLOYEE LEAVE TOGETHER I JUST ENJOYED THAT.
Good wrking atmosphere
Engineering Manager (Civil) (Current Employee), Salt Lake, Kolkata, West BengalDecember 10, 2014
Good working atmosphere with learning facilities. Always exposure to new ideas and concepts.

About Larsen & Toubro limited

Larsen & Toubro Limited, also known as L&T, is an Indian multinational conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, India. The – Read more

Larsen & Toubro limited Photos