Pros: excellent team work
Cons: long hours
In my 4 year of experience at L&T, I got to know about procurement, logistics, Supply chain management.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Preparing RFQ for valves with respect to MR & specifications received from Client/End User to float the enquiries to sub-suppliers.
• Floating Enquiry along with General Purchase Conditions & Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to suppliers.
• Co-ordination with the suppliers for timely receipt of techno-Commercial offers.
• Preparation of Parametric Technical Analysis & Commercial Bid Analysis.
• Co-ordination with Engineering and Quality department for detailed – more... technical evaluation of the offers and resolution of the technical queries, if any, followed by approval of Technical Bid Analysis.
• Negotiation with the suppliers on Price, Delivery, Credit Period and other Terms & Finalization of Orders.
• Preparation and issuance of Purchase order in SAP Module and Receipt of PO acknowledgement, Vendor Document Requirement Schedule, Manufacturing Schedule, Inspection Test Plan etc., from suppliers.
• Arrangement of Kick Off Meeting with customer, internal stake holders and sub-suppliers within three weeks of confirmation of Purchase order.
• Close monitoring with vendors for their engineering / Procurement / Manufacturing progress and Co-ordination with internal stake holders and client for approval of vendor’s documents (engineering and QA/QC documents).
• Arrangement of Pre-Inspection Meeting at Supplier’s Factory to freeze the testing and inspection requirements.
• Expediting with suppliers and their sub-vendors by means of desk expediting & periodic visits (Domestics & International as well).
• Monitoring of Supplier’s Fortnightly Progress Reports and weekly presentation to senior management.
• Timely arrangement of Third Party Inspectors & Customers for stage inspections & Factory Acceptance Test as per approved ITP.
• Restrict Variation Orders and manage the changes / claims, if genuine, through PO amendment.
• Co-ordination with Supplier / Accounts for payment and management of bank guarantees & Letters of Credit.
• Co-ordination with Freight Forwarders for collection of goods, transportation by Road/Sea/Air and foreign payments.
• Arrangement of Commissioning / Service Engineer to our yard and offshore for commissioning / trouble shooting.
• Supporting sales team during bidding for new Projects. – less