Larsen & Toubro limited

Larsen & Toubro limited Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
This company are so good but Management are poor.
Civil Site Engineer (Current Employee), VaranasiMay 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Timly
This company are so good.
i learn this company Management,Technical Work & Good behavior.
i feel all my senior help me.
My Jaipur Metro Job are so Hard becoz a minimum limited time period.
Superb Working Culture/Job Security
Executive in Supply Chain Management (Current Employee), RourkelaMay 13, 2015
L&T is one of the largest construction sector in country and one cannot complain about the work culture/job security here.It is completely professionally managed company. I am currently looking for a job change just to expand my horizons and for monetary benefits.

I begin my day at work checking my to-do list and my mails. a typical day at office includes the following assignments:
1.Monitoring Inventory
2.Techno-commercial Negotiation
3.Evaluating all the scopes of cost reduction pertaining to logistics, bought outs
4.Overhead reduction of dept.
5.Supplier payment management
6.Tracking bolltenecks of various projects that re assigned to be completed in coming 6 months.

Most enjoyable part of my job:

Within a short span of 3.5 years at L&T,i got to handle prestigious projects. Also the training provided by L&T helped a lot in personality management.
Sustainability
Manager (Current Employee), MPMay 3, 2015
Good Working environment, opportunity for every person, Working in a team.working from Joining to till date...lot of innovative ideas are inevitable while executing the projects
productive at work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Kolkata, WBMay 2, 2015
Management is very traditional needs a lot to do of changes on current scenario.Flexibility is there in the work place.
Health safety and Environment
HSE Engineer (Current Employee), UAEApril 26, 2015
1. Worked as a Sr. HSE engineer
2.Good work culture , behaviors and easy to solve the problem.
3. Effective line managements
4.Management is concentrate the health and safety for employees
Joined as a GET.Now E2.
Executive-II (CIVIL) (Current Employee), PUNJABApril 23, 2015
Nice experience in 4 year.Joined L&T as a GET.
Except site management,everything is ok.I have learnt many things in this company.
Good Job Culture & care of Management
Officer - Administration (Current Employee), DohaApril 14, 2015
Without Hiccups smooth Job
I have gained Entire Office Management with 10+ Epx.
Co-Ordination & Supported Co - workers
Every Job with hard work i can ejoy
Training and Development
HR Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Mysore, KAApril 11, 2015
Pros: good lunch buffet, good team
Cons: not flexible working hours
Good Team work,SAP implementation in work,good rappo with all business units,Heads.
Challenging in achieving target of mandays.
better place to learn more things
To 17 APR As A MECHANICAL ENGINEER (PIPING Engg) (Current Employee), Bathinda, PBApril 10, 2015
improved more regarding my technical skills.
got chance to work on more domains like piping, hydro and pneumatic testing, pre commissioning of pipelines and quality control.
All of my team members are supported well to learn more things.
Good learning place
Jt. General Manager (Former Employee), Surat, GJApril 2, 2015
Pros: Good reputation
Cons: long hours, poor work culture, back biting
Very systematic organization with graded structure for employees and benefits.
well established processes and procedures. good opportunity to learn and advance self knowledge.
Stable and Highly work ethics oriented company
Senior Executive Engineer (Sales) (Current Employee), Delhi, DLApril 1, 2015
One of the best companies to work with , training imparted to young & fresh joiners enable them to cement their place in fast moving work environment.
Productive and Good Place to learn
Assistant Engineering Manager (Mechanical) (Former Employee), ChennaiApril 1, 2015
Productive and Good Place to learn Good place to work for both experienced and freshers employees. very Good company in OEMs.
Highly managed company
EHS Engineer (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 28, 2015
Only very hard worker can work without any pressure. You need to forget about your personal life and family.

You will have lot of chances to learn lot of things here.
fun workplace
Assistant Manager - Procurement (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMarch 26, 2015
Pros: excellent team work
Cons: long hours
In my 4 year of experience at L&T, I got to know about procurement, logistics, Supply chain management.
Roles & Responsibilities:

• Preparing RFQ for valves with respect to MR & specifications received from Client/End User to float the enquiries to sub-suppliers.
• Floating Enquiry along with General Purchase Conditions & Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) to suppliers.
• Co-ordination with the suppliers for timely receipt of techno-Commercial offers.
• Preparation of Parametric Technical Analysis & Commercial Bid Analysis.
• Co-ordination with Engineering and Quality department for detailed technical evaluation of the offers and resolution of the technical queries, if any, followed by approval of Technical Bid Analysis.
• Negotiation with the suppliers on Price, Delivery, Credit Period and other Terms & Finalization of Orders.
• Preparation and issuance of Purchase order in SAP Module and Receipt of PO acknowledgement, Vendor Document Requirement Schedule, Manufacturing Schedule, Inspection Test Plan etc., from suppliers.
• Arrangement of Kick Off Meeting with customer, internal stake holders and sub-suppliers within three weeks of confirmation of Purchase order.
• Close monitoring with vendors for their engineering / Procurement / Manufacturing progress and Co-ordination with internal stake holders and client for approval of vendor’s documents (engineering and QA/QC documents).
• Arrangement of Pre-Inspection Meeting at Supplier’s Factory to freeze the testing and inspection requirements.
• Expediting with suppliers and their sub-vendors by means of desk expediting – more... & periodic visits (Domestics & International as well).
• Monitoring of Supplier’s Fortnightly Progress Reports and weekly presentation to senior management.
• Timely arrangement of Third Party Inspectors & Customers for stage inspections & Factory Acceptance Test as per approved ITP.
• Restrict Variation Orders and manage the changes / claims, if genuine, through PO amendment.
• Co-ordination with Supplier / Accounts for payment and management of bank guarantees & Letters of Credit.
• Co-ordination with Freight Forwarders for collection of goods, transportation by Road/Sea/Air and foreign payments.
• Arrangement of Commissioning / Service Engineer to our yard and offshore for commissioning / trouble shooting.
• Supporting sales team during bidding for new Projects. – less
As a professional experience this is the best company, numbers of projects is available all project is national level.
Senior Engineer (QA/QC) (Former Employee), Surat and MumbaiMarch 18, 2015
Pros: free food, accommodation.
Cons: long hours.
Punctuality, Safety, Quality & Protective work place
Site engineer, Planning and Billing engineer (Current Employee), Bangalore, KAMarch 17, 2015
1. Morning 7'o clock we are reach office and go to site in 8.30 am
we do safety precaution and start the work as well as evening closing the work with safely.I was making a bill and get approval from client and followup of bill for getting payment
2.From this work I learned Surveying using auto level instruments
Public related works
Managing of labour
Good relationship with Clint, labour, people & Local leaders
3.My co workers working as team & friendly
A fun to work place with lots of knowledge to gain
Trainee (Former Employee), Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, IndiaMarch 16, 2015
Pros: awesome atmosphere and work culture
Larsen & Toubro is great place for freshers to start their professional career. The company not only helps you gain lots of knowledge but also helps you to grow on a professional as well as personal level. The company teaches you a variety of things form handling labor to managing the higher management.
The company always takes initiatives in helping its employees learn better by arranging trainings, workshops, conferences, etc.
The higher management in the company is very supportive and understanding.
The co-workers are fun people to work with. There is a lot to learn from them.
One of the most enjoyable part of the job was brainstorming with the team when a new project was assigned.
A good organization to work if you are keeping your family thoghts away.
Production Engineer (Current Employee), Vadodara, GJMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good culture
Cons: long hours
I love the freedom at L&T but, Due to lot of work load, your Social/family life will totally disturb.

Culture varies by Department to Department, Some departments have very good culture, while some have wrost.

If you are Bachlor then very good organization to start with.
Learning culture
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), MumbaiFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: all pros
Cons: not applicable
At L&T, in Divisional Strategic Sourcing group, no job was monotonous. Everyday a new challenge was waiting for us. I learned a lot from my manager. The hardest part was when production would get affected due to shortage of material. It was the enjoyable part too.
scaffolding
Scaffolding Leadman (Former Employee), indiaFebruary 8, 2015
• Inspector Scaffolding course from Qatar Plant Hire
Scaffolding Inspector Safety Awareness Course. (Qatar Velosi Number DEC/2215-VQ)
o Working at Height Trained
o Safety Fundamental Training from Ras Gas
o Safe work certificate Ras Gas company ltd

1 2 3 4 5

About Larsen & Toubro limited

Larsen & Toubro Limited, also known as L&T, is an Indian multinational conglomerate headquartered in Mumbai, India. The – Read more

Larsen & Toubro limited Photos