IT Manager - Infrastructure / Operations
85 - 90K
PLEASE NOTE - Client will only consider candidates who are available to interview face-to-face.
- The IT Manager - Infrastructure is responsible for managing the company’s technology infrastructure at the national level, including their WAN, centralized back-office server infrastructure and associated infrastructure applications.
- The IT Manager’s primary duty is ensuring that all systems are available for business use, and that any incidents / problems are resolved in a timely manner. This will include responding to issues, setting priorities, reviewing and approving solutions, resource assignment, vendor relations, communication with team and management and auditing to ensure SLA compliance.
- Acting as the right hand to the Director of Support and Operations, the manager is responsible for the continuous improvement of procedures and contract management for the respective service area.
- With 5 direct reports, including the national Network Support Manager, this role is responsible for 24 X 7 support of 45 sites and approx. 500+ servers.
- Service management of the national IT infrastructure in the following key areas: Service Level Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management and support Vendor/Contract Management.
- Leading the investigation, diagnosis and resolution of problems and ensuring their resolution within operating SLAs.
- Driving continuous service improvement by identifying and implementing corrective and preventative measures to ensure problems do not occur again in the future.
- Managing the acceptance of new products / services into operations as well as defining the operational hand-over requirements
- Evaluating the effectiveness of support team and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with vendor(s) to ensure alignment on service delivery agreements
- Analyzing service performance using KPIs and ensuring they are operating within their associated service level agreements.
- Performing resource management for infrastructure support staff and balancing workload between day-to-day operations and new service transition activities.
- Work outside of normal work day or work week, as needed, to fulfill assigned duties.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 7 years in Windows / back office / infrastructure technology / SAN
- 3+ years as a production support manager, in a 24x7 environment.
- Applied experience with ITIL service processes (ITIL Foundations Certification desired)
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Active Directory, MS Server 2008, MS Exchange 2010, EMC VNX SANs, Cisco Routers, MPLS and SCOM 2007 etc.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Excellent communication, time management and team building skills; able to communicate and collaborate effectively with IT and business units at all levels across the organization including management, end-users and project teams.
- Strong planning and prioritizing skills; able to manage multiple requests / issues at the same time while ensuring that customer expectations (SLA’s) are appropriately set and adjusting as priorities change.
- Leadership skills to ensure high quality results in all team activities.