Position: Vancouver based Account Manager - Commercial Loans (Responsible for Alberta, Saskatchewan & Manitoba loan portfolios)
Company: Lanyard Group of Companies (www.lanyardgroup.com)
Industry: Non-Institutional Lending
Location: West Broadway, Vancouver, B.C.
Lanyard is a specialized real estate investment banking enterprise focused on real estate loans secured by mortgages. We are a collegial group of professionals that have the expertise to create innovative financial products that match the business needs of both our borrowers and lending partners. Lanyard has been active in the mortgage industry since 1999 with in excess of $400,000,000 of funded loans. Lanyard is staffed by a small but highly sophisticated group of professionals, including investment bankers and real estate professionals. The business is run in a highly professional yet relaxed fashion. While team members are hard working, camaraderie and a sense of humour are qualities that are highly prized.
This job is primarily a business development (i.e. commercial mortgage origination) and underwriting position. Operating from our Vancouver office, located in the Kitsilano district, the successful candidate will also be responsible for the ongoing account management of his / her loan portfolio.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have a minimum of three years experience in the financial services industry, in general, and in the mortgage industry, in particular. However, the successful candidate can expect to receive comprehensive and high caliber on-the-job training in relation to Lanyard's internal underwriting and loan management practices.
As the successful candidate you will have a competent assistant to assist you in both underwriting and loan management activities.
Lanyard fosters an environment where the opportunity to learn and grow is encouraged and hard work is recognized. This is a permanent employment opportunity and it is our expectation that the successful candidate would, with on-the-job training, mentoring and experience, become a valuable member of our senior management team. A relocation allowance is available where appropriate.
1) Origination: You will maintain existing relationships with Lanyard's extensive mortgage broker network along with developing new brokerage relationships in your territory. You will assist in maintaining and enhancing a marketing communications program with the relevant mortgage broker community with a view to building a robust, "new deal" feed system. Lanyard office staff will be available to offer assistance in relation to marketing campaigns.
2) Underwriting: With the help of your assistant, and subject to Lanyard's credit and risk management committees, you will be expected to take a lead role in the underwriting, due diligence and closing of mortgage loans in a timely manner from commitment through to funding. This includes loan application and commitment letter preparation, liaising with legal counsel, confirmation of loan conditions, and organization of funding.
3) Account Management: With the help of your assistant, you will be expected to oversee all material aspects of loan management in relation to the portfolio under your care, including loan disbursements, receipts, arrears, loan condition follow-up, and periodic file review.
- Minimum three years experience in the finance industry, with at least two of those years specifically being in mortgage finance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- B.C. mortgage brokers license an asset.
- Ability to establish strong and positive relationships within the mortgage brokerage community.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Highly motivated individual.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and amongst a team.
- Travel within the western provinces is expected occasionally.
Expected Compensation: Base salary plus commission, and group health plan benefits.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible.
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Application Deadline: Please forward cover letter, resume and transcripts by 12:00 noon on Friday, August 2, 2013.
Only successful/potential candidates will be contacted.