Language Line Services Employee Reviews

Poor
Freelance Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Greater Manchester7 November 2017
There is not enough work offered to me for Spanish, within a reasonable distance in relation to any given booking start time. From working with Language Line Solutions, I have developed my think fast ability and problem solving skills have been enhanced massively. I would describe the nature of the work as challenging mostly but that adds to the pleasure of completing bookings. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction I receive from helping those in need of my services.
Low-paying if you consider the skills and job requirements they request
English-Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, Costa Rica6 November 2017
Very little room for advancement, management has favorites who are first in line for time off or vacation requests. They expect to have very skilled employees but do not want to compensate those employees for the skills they possess.
Pros
Little supervision
Cons
If you make a mistake they are quick to point it out
convenient/low pay
Linguist / Medical Interpreter English/French (Current Employee) –  TELECOMMUTE14 September 2017
Very convenient job, interesting, a lot of learning in various fields, good management. Unfortunately there is no paid vacations and low pay. But overall it's a good job.
Pros
Very interesting job and very convenient
Cons
Low pay, no paid vacations
Great product
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Virtual14 September 2017
Products and employee's are great. Clients are awesome. I learned how to be a great traveler. I worked from home due to the 70% of travel that was required, so can't speak to workplace culture. The hardest part was the excessive travel, the most enjoyable was meeting and exceeding client expectations.
Pros
Team activities
Cons
excessive travel required 70%
Easy
Lead Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA10 September 2017
Work at home can't ask for more! This company offers opportunities for people to work from home interpreting calls, they give you a schedule and pay hourly! Awesome company.
Pros
Work from home no commute
Cons
Pay
Buen ambiente laboral
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Provincia de Panamá28 August 2017
Alli aprendi todo para ser interprete por telefono. Asisti desde personas en accidentes de carro para comunicarse entre si hasta llamadas de 911 en donde ayude a una persona de habla hispana a dar resucitacion cardiopulmonar por telefono y la persona se salvo.
Fue muy gratificante trabajar con ellos. Fue como mi escuela para aprender lo que es ser interprete.
Pros
Seguro medico, Seguro privado
Cons
diversos clientes de un tema pasaba a otro tema de interpretacion
The salary doesn't compensate the workload
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR4 August 2017
The calls are topically long and one after the other. You have to rapidly write down sufficient info so that you can interpret correctly. It is very stressful.
Suits well as a part time job
Customer Service Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Mayagüez, PR13 July 2017
As a full time employee I felt over whelmed with the amount of calls back to back calls received daily. All calls where of the same kind. Little amount of training.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Cons
Not much advancement opportunities, Too many calls one after another
Fair
Arabic Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Florida13 July 2017
No promotions, low pay. Bad communications with managements.
Working from home is a plus. No paid vacation. No benefits. Nice dealing with different people every day. Feeling good helping non English speakers.
buen empleo
Interperte (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.19 June 2017
Buen empleo, desde la comodidad de mi hogar, recomendable.
Interesting Job
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA14 May 2017
Working as an interpreter over the phone was an interesting job that provided great insight into people's lives. Every day was presented with a new challenge and an opportunity to help different immigrants in need. It was a great job.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  El Paso County, TX25 April 2017
Working at Language Line Services brought many benefits to my personal experience and in my career. It is a great company to work for. They are constantly helping you do better in your job through great management meetings. Working from home and the schedule was a little bit stressful for me.
Boring job ever!
Work from home Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Florida18 April 2017
You have to submit to their work hours which change every two weeks. They offer health ins. And are strict. They monitor you all the time.............
Pros
They offer Health Insurance
Cons
You have to request overtime and they have to approve it before your shift ends.
basketball leaguing sometimes between employees
All calls interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA12 April 2017
A typical day was lots calls, I learned Medical, Legal, Finance and Insurance terminologies that I did not know when I first started interpreting. Management, was good but not the best, there was not much communication between supervisors and regular employees.
Workplace culture, we the employees were just like family, always looking out for each other when it came down to any unknown term, someone always came and stoop up to help each one.
Hardest part of the job was not knowing what was your next call about since we took calls from all industries and some of them were very challenging. The most enjoyable part of the job was that at the end of each call I felt that I helped someone to express their needs, specially during 911 or medical calls.
Pros
Ice cream, hot dogs or pizza days
Cons
Short breaks
It was great but must admit that it has declined a lot
Santo Domingo Dom. Rep (Former Employee) –  Santo Domingo Dom. Rep6 April 2017
It gives the employees many bonuses, which is excellent but I must admit that the pressure they put on you it is not worth the salary.

It is good to gain experience but I couldn't qualify this as a steady job.
Pros
All the bonuses you can imagine: transportation, lunch, punctuality
Cons
They treat the employees kind of bad. Let's just say you don't have the right to get sick
Excessively High Work Load
All-Call Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR27 February 2017
Once promoted to All-Call interpreter with a .50 cent salary increase the work load became impossible to bear. Paranoia inducing work environment.
Interesting
TELEPHONE INTERPRETER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PR19 January 2017
It is a great job if you depend in being at your house, very impersonal and no contact with the outside.

Poor communication with supervisors.

Gives you a great knowledge of how different companies work.
Pros
being at home
Cons
routine and no interaction
learn new things everyday
ALL Call Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA12 December 2016
Language Line Solutions provides interpreting services to clients all over the world and from all walks of life, their very fast paced work environment and lack of management support and low pay, makes it hard for the interpreter to remain in their work force for long
Pros
ability to provide interpreter services all over the glove
Cons
short breaks, low pay, no feedback
This company is a joke
interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CA27 October 2016
Find yourself a better job and stay away from this industry.

When you first start with them, you feel excited about everything. And you would say "I feel good about helping people with my skill" (like many posts did). You're truly kind and naive.

But then you find you're not being helped by LanguageLine in return. Your pay stays miserable, you struggle for any vacation/day off, you need to pay high premium & deductible for their health insurance coverage, you can hardly afford to feed your family, and you receive a mug or key chain for Christmas/New year. This company is a joke.

Worst of all, when they feel the need to lower their charge to shut out competitors, they LAY EVERY ONE OFF (you can throw your framed awards and commendations out of the window now) and REHIRE new interpreters at lower pay. You still want to stay with them? Sure, you can re-apply and get re-hired easily and start all over again, albeit at LOWER PAY. This company is a sweathouse.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Great experience, not for everyone
Interpeter (Former Employee) –  Morelos, Mexico3 August 2016
It's a good feeling to be helping others. This job, however, is very demanding and mentally draining. The clients and their clients are rude, many don't give you the chance to interpret. When I was evaluated I was told that I should interrupt to ask for a chance to interpret, that the interpretations have to be 100% accurate, to ask for all the repetitions that I need yet make sure that the call isn't too long. So.... Interpret perfectly and quickly, but don't miss a single word. In training you are taught to interpret meaning for meaning, not word for word and that too many repetitions. The system used for calls is of horrible quality failing all the time. When I would submit support requests to IT, they were never resolver and I was told after a month to submit another and start over. The termination process is done over the phone, once you are locked out of the system and told to call a 800 number and wait for your call.
Pros
Work at home, health insurance (IMSS), part time or full time, alright pay
Cons
Low call volume, not guaranteed, rude clients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Language Line Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8