Language Line Services

Language Line Services Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for!
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 23, 2016
They couldnt pay me a million dollars to go work for them ever again. they dont care about their employees. they dont give employee benefits of any kind and they want you to be their slave. I dont recommend this company to anyone starting in the interpreting world.
Pros
full time employment plus overtime
Cons
bad pay, no benefits
Confortable job environment.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Home addressSeptember 9, 2015
I interpret for different industries including medical, financial, insurance, court systems, Homeland Security, correction facilities, customer service and technical support.
Pros
Work from the house.
Cons
Not many incentives.
a very good call center of interpretation
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  santo domingo dominican republicAugust 29, 2015
i used to interpret regular customer services calls and also medical calls , i really liked it cause everyday it was like a challenge every call was different, i had very funny calls and very , extremely hard and sad calls, i handeled 911 calls, emergencies. hospital visits and surgeries

my day was taking calls in a very relax envoroment with very good co workers , i learned a lot about laws, medications, taxes and finance

the hardest part was when i had to interpret for a judge, cause i had to be very concentrated and very accurate in every word that i say
also when i was interpreting for a doctor with a patient

the most enjoyable where when i had to interpret 911 calls but from drunk people cause they where just funny
Pros
good compensation and over time
Cons
we did not had a cafeteria
System change causing major problems.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here, but recently there has been a systerm change and I am not getting enough work for this job to be sustainable.
Never dull
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 1, 2015
A fast paced job done in the comfort of your home. Co-workers are at their homes or at the call center.You would get 1-2 breaks depending the hours worked. It was exciting because you would not know who would call next or what situation you would have.
Pros
Picking your work schedule, helping others
working for LLS was so much fun
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2015
Maybe it's not a usual job to work alone but it become so much fun as an individual accomplishment. Phone interpreter is a good opportunity to learn a lot about people, help them as best you can. the most enjoyable part of the job was the outcome , when you hear the satisfying of the both parties.
Felt really good helping others in need
Interpreter 911 (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoMay 20, 2015
It gave me the ability to stay calm in very difficult situations and deal better under pressure. I had a great time, lots of friends and definitely helped my English and customer service skills.
HORRIBLE company!
interpreter (Current Employee) –  CAMay 19, 2015
I am still working here...6 years almost.

No pay raise, no Bonus, just some high priced health insurance.

No vacation, no day offs, no sick days.

Getting a sudden sick day off is a battle!

And constant reminders of how many days off one has taken and warnings.

Constant monitoring.

Various training to undergo every year, no Christmas gift/Bonus, no nothing.

They are constantly buying out other similar companies and their annual profit is very high.

Working here still only as it is a work from home option...

I would not be able to pay even just rent with their salary!

Do not apply, beginners!
Pros
nothin
Cons
everything.
Portugese Interpreter
Portuguese Interpreter (Former Employee) –  At homeMay 14, 2015
I worked from home, over the phone interpreting from Portuguese to English and vise verse.

I started working in my scheduled time. Used a bin-aural headphone set. I worked full time and then at the end I worked part time.

We need to learn all the techniques to listen and to rely on the context at the beginning to understand the services we are providing.

I did not have too much contact to co-workers, however, my manager was a blessing. She was there to help me to improve in the areas where I need improvement and to cheer me up in the areas I had a very nice performance.

The hardest part of the job is that you cannot say your opinion. It is even hard because you are talking always in first person. Many times people is thinking you are the one saying things to them.

Helping people is always enjoyable to me. This is a job where you are improving the communication to people. Only for this aspect it is wonderful to work at this job. Also, the company is very fair in their payment and bonuses. Last but not least, working at home is a must to save gas and clothes. :)
Pros
Saving gas and clothes
Cons
Work alone wit no interaction most of the time.
Great company to Work from Home
(All-Call) Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Very convenient as far as saving you the commuting and working clothes expenses. However, the salary isn't great. In-person interpreters make a lot more. You really end up being mentally and sometimes emotionally drained.
Solid company
HR Coordinator (Contractor-Oasis Staffing) (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Management worked hard to place employees in roles that were comparable to their skills. The culture was lax and that sometimes reflected on the quality of employees' work.
Pros
good managment
Cons
culture too lax
One of the best paying jobs in Dominican Republic
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Isidro Zona Franca, Sto Dgo Este, Dom RepJanuary 26, 2015
This company is located in Dominican Republic. It provides one of the better paying jobs in the country. The employees are able to work under minimal supervision with limited opportunity for advancement unless the employee is recommended by senior management.
Pros
excellent performance incentives and transportation/food benefits
Cons
limited job advancement
good practice but horrible job
Customer Service Interpreter (Former Employee) –  anywhereOctober 12, 2014
This is a job where you can work from home and essentially set your own hours. Problem with this is that you are all alone all the time. The management hardly interacts with you and if so it's only by email or a rare phone call. There is no recognition whatsoever and this job is only good if you are trying to practice to become an interpreter for a hospital or the courts. Even then you get calls constantly for everything and the people on the line are inconsiderate of the interpretation process and don't rest up or pause for you to interpret. The pay is minimum though you provide a valuable service and there is no advancement opportunity and no benefits.
Pros
practice, work from home
Cons
pay, benefits, management, everything
Fast paced very busy
Interpreter-Spanish/English (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJuly 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to speak to a great variety of industries. Never a dull moment. Love working from home. The flexibility of hours.

A typical day is answering calls non stop until breaks which are very punctual, you don't get a restroom break unless you take a SPECIAL but then you can only take so many of those until its excessive and you get warned for that. So restroom is only during breaks you have to make sure you take them, so beware if something upsets your stomach. You are reviewed every 3 months and someone takes the time to listen and let you know what you need improvement on . I love this part. We have interactive learning sessions if you are interested in learning more or improvement. Pay is minimum wage with bonus minutes. Benefits are not that great, not much coverage.
Pros
flexibility in hours
Cons
no holiday pay and unpaid vacations
Hard but interesting, met over the phone mane customer service agents
Customer Service/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, NLEJune 1, 2014
Answer incoming calls for many companies such as financial institution, Healthcare agencies, hospitals, technical support call from many wireless companies like At&t, TMobile, Sprint etc.
Pros
bonus incentives
Cons
stressful when interpreting for cancer patients
Stay away from this company
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterrey CAMay 13, 2014
I worked here for almost three years. Horrible horrible pay. Call volume is always through the roof and the managers here are very strict and unfair when giving criticism. If you are thinking about this company please stay away. I worked here this long due to need but not because I enjoyed it. Overall terrible company.
Pros
improve language skills
Cons
rude management, bad pay no paid vacation
Good to begin in the interpreting business
Work-at-Home English/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, CAMarch 17, 2014
I would recommend this company to anyone who would like to start in the world of Over the Phone Work at Home interpretation. It gives you good experience and a ton of work. Besides that, It doesn't say much. The pay/ work ratio is pretty offensive ($7.50 per hour/ calls received every 2-5 seconds after one ends). And there is hardly any ground for advancement. I won the quarterly production award for every quarter that I worked with them and that still was not enough to get at least a $0.10 raise. Also, I
Pros
work at home
Cons
pay is terrible, offtime policy is bad, sick day and holiday policy is also very bad.
Collection
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, NLEFebruary 2, 2014
I had a great time while I was at work. Although it was challenging every day. I enjoy it.
Great experience for entry level
Spanish - English Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 17, 2014
Very impressive, agile company but they could treat their employees a little better with regards to pay and benefits.
Talk to client, people skills.
Vietnamese Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Work ant homeDecember 21, 2013
Sale and Services is my skill, and I have learned how to be patient with the most difficult client even sometimes I make a sale with no benefit, but I am happy that I can help someone in need.