Language Line Services

Language Line Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Felt really good helping others in need
Interpreter 911 (Former Employee), Santo DomingoMay 20, 2015
It gave me the ability to stay calm in very difficult situations and deal better under pressure. I had a great time, lots of friends and definitely helped my English and customer service skills.
HORRIBLE company!
interpreter (Current Employee), CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: nothin
Cons: everything.
I am still working here...6 years almost.

No pay raise, no Bonus, just some high priced health insurance.

No vacation, no day offs, no sick days.

Getting a sudden sick day off is a battle!

And constant reminders of how many days off one has taken and warnings.

Constant monitoring.

Various training to undergo every year, no Christmas gift/Bonus, no nothing.

They are constantly buying out other similar companies and their annual profit is very high.

Working here still only as it is a work from home option...

I would not be able to pay even just rent with their salary!

Do not apply, beginners!
Portugese Interpreter
Portuguese Interpreter (Former Employee), At homeMay 14, 2015
Pros: Saving gas and clothes
Cons: Work alone wit no interaction most of the time.
I worked from home, over the phone interpreting from Portuguese to English and vise verse.

I started working in my scheduled time. Used a bin-aural headphone set. I worked full time and then at the end I worked part time.

We need to learn all the techniques to listen and to rely on the context at the beginning to understand the services we are providing.

I did not have too much contact to co-workers, however, my manager was a blessing. She was there to help me to improve in the areas where I need improvement and to cheer me up in the areas I had a very nice performance.

The hardest part of the job is that you cannot say your opinion. It is even hard because you are talking always in first person. Many times people is thinking you are the one saying things to them.

Helping people is always enjoyable to me. This is a job where you are improving the communication to people. Only for this aspect it is wonderful to work at this job. Also, the company is very fair in their payment and bonuses. Last but not least, working at home is a must to save gas and clothes. :)
Great company to Work from Home
(All-Call) Interpreter (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Very convenient as far as saving you the commuting and working clothes expenses. However, the salary isn't great. In-person interpreters make a lot more. You really end up being mentally and sometimes emotionally drained.
Solid company
HR Coordinator (Contractor-Oasis Staffing) (Former Employee), Monterey, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good managment
Cons: culture too lax
Management worked hard to place employees in roles that were comparable to their skills. The culture was lax and that sometimes reflected on the quality of employees' work.
One of the best paying jobs in Dominican Republic
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), San Isidro Zona Franca, Sto Dgo Este, Dom RepJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: excellent performance incentives and transportation/food benefits
Cons: limited job advancement
This company is located in Dominican Republic. It provides one of the better paying jobs in the country. The employees are able to work under minimal supervision with limited opportunity for advancement unless the employee is recommended by senior management.
good practice but horrible job
Customer Service Interpreter (Former Employee), anywhereOctober 12, 2014
Pros: practice, work from home
Cons: pay, benefits, management, everything
This is a job where you can work from home and essentially set your own hours. Problem with this is that you are all alone all the time. The management hardly interacts with you and if so it's only by email or a rare phone call. There is no recognition whatsoever and this job is only good if you are trying to practice to become an interpreter for a hospital or the courts. Even then you get calls constantly for everything and the people on the line are inconsiderate of the interpretation process and don't rest up or pause for you to interpret. The pay is minimum though you provide a valuable service and there is no advancement opportunity and no benefits.
Fast paced very busy
Interpreter-Spanish/English (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility in hours
Cons: no holiday pay and unpaid vacations
The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to speak to a great variety of industries. Never a dull moment. Love working from home. The flexibility of hours.

A typical day is answering calls non stop until breaks which are very punctual, you don't get a restroom break unless you take a SPECIAL but then you can only take so many of those until its excessive and you get warned for that. So restroom is only during breaks you have to make sure you take them, so beware if something upsets your stomach. You are reviewed every 3 months and someone takes the time to listen and let you know what you need improvement on . I love this part. We have interactive learning sessions if you are interested in learning more or improvement. Pay is minimum wage with bonus minutes. Benefits are not that great, not much coverage.
Hard but interesting, met over the phone mane customer service agents
Customer Service/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEJune 1, 2014
Pros: bonus incentives
Cons: stressful when interpreting for cancer patients
Answer incoming calls for many companies such as financial institution, Healthcare agencies, hospitals, technical support call from many wireless companies like At&t, TMobile, Sprint etc.
Stay away from this company
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: improve language skills
Cons: rude management, bad pay no paid vacation
I worked here for almost three years. Horrible horrible pay. Call volume is always through the roof and the managers here are very strict and unfair when giving criticism. If you are thinking about this company please stay away. I worked here this long due to need but not because I enjoyed it. Overall terrible company.
Good to begin in the interpreting business
Work-at-Home English/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: pay is terrible, offtime policy is bad, sick day and holiday policy is also very bad.
I would recommend this company to anyone who would like to start in the world of Over the Phone Work at Home interpretation. It gives you good experience and a ton of work. Besides that, It doesn't say much. The pay/ work ratio is pretty offensive ($7.50 per hour/ calls received every 2-5 seconds after one ends). And there is hardly any ground for advancement. I won the quarterly production award for every quarter that I worked with them and that still was not enough to get at least a $0.10 raise. Also, I
Collection
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEFebruary 2, 2014
I had a great time while I was at work. Although it was challenging every day. I enjoy it.
Great experience for entry level
Spanish - English Interpreter (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 17, 2014
Very impressive, agile company but they could treat their employees a little better with regards to pay and benefits.
Talk to client, people skills.
Vietnamese Interpreter (Former Employee), Work ant homeDecember 21, 2013
Sale and Services is my skill, and I have learned how to be patient with the most difficult client even sometimes I make a sale with no benefit, but I am happy that I can help someone in need.
Bad company, constantly humiliating employees
Phone Interpreter (Former Employee), Home BasedDecember 21, 2013
Pros: relatively predictable pay; yes, they actually pay
Cons: extreme stress, disastrous managment
Quality control is performed by people with limited English and no knowledge of the other language (unless it is Spanish). These morons are at the same time, want to prove that they are necessary, so the find mistakes even when there are none and the management immediately threatens you with termination even if you have years of clean record.

They expect you to follow their protocol, which is impossible, because 98 percent of the clients are not familiar with the protocol (in fact, there is little use of it, except it drags out the call so that the company makes more money at the expense of getting on the clients' nerves. The Protocol is a Cath-22; if you keep it, you confuse the client, for which you can lose your contract and if you do not, you certainly lose your job.

You sit by the phone all day and much of the night and hope you will receive a call. You must answer the phone before the second ring. They do not maintain their phone and computer systems reliably, so sometimes you do not know where the call is from and the quality of the line is abysmal.

With a slow language, you can make about $3,000 per month if you are available for 10 to 12 hours a day.

The management is only interested in covering their rears. You ask for help in specific situation and they refer you to their contradictory rules.
Love working from home.
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterey, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: phone lines sometimes had problems.
On a typical day, I would be on the phone with clients and Spanish speaking people. Love the job and the co-workers, even though I didn't meet them in person. At the end of the day, I knew that I did a good job, because I helped people.
it has to be your thing....
Spanish/English Interpreter (Former Employee), Monte Rey CAOctober 21, 2013
Its a very interesting job and you have to be able to think fast, have a good memory and be precise but still go with things as they come. Only challenge in my case, was staying home all day in the same place. Long calls can be draining but you always feel good at the end
interpreter/translator
Interpreter (Current Employee), home baseOctober 14, 2013
Pros: love to help people who doen't speak english.
Cons: talk to people for a long hours.
I work at least 9-12 hours per day Monday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday sometimes 5-6 hours . I also work with appointment bases , most of the work will be done over the phone ,face to face interpretation is also available .
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing and Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Monterey, CAOctober 14, 2013
This company offers a great work environment with good pay. the company allows growth and creativity.
Very rewarding work.
Contract Bilingual Interpreter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2013
I worked from home and had time flexibililty. Enjoyed working for the company.

1 2 3

About Language Line Services

LanguageLine Solutions: Interpreting, Translation, Localization, Testing & Training Join the largest and best trained team – Read more

Language Line Services Photos

Our booth with new panels, collateral, and a very polished "look and feel".