Language Line Services

Language Line Services Employee Reviews

Worst company to work for
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2016
Stay away from Languageline as far as possible. The worst ever company to work for. After you worked for them for years, they cut your wages by large scale just to fill their greed. Treat employees as Slaves. Languageline had received class action lawsuit for mistreating their employees. Their unlawful conducts definitely deserves another one.
Pros
None.
Cons
Treat employees as slaves, cut wages, received class action from previous employees for their misconducts.
Very interesting and learnfull
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 18, 2016
I was a work at home interpreter and enjoyed every day I worked for them. I had a full tiome jobe with them, quality time with my family and enjoyed learning everyday more from different departments. Health, Dept Colectors and more.
Pros
Cons
Customer Service positive fee backs compansation
Horrible company to work for!
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 23, 2016
They couldnt pay me a million dollars to go work for them ever again. they dont care about their employees. they dont give employee benefits of any kind and they want you to be their slave. I dont recommend this company to anyone starting in the interpreting world.
Pros
full time employment plus overtime
Cons
bad pay, no benefits
Vietnamese Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJanuary 22, 2016
Performed as Vietnamese Interpreter over the phone.

In charge of all income calls transfered from operator and interpret between Client and Limited English Person. (LEP).
a very good call center of interpretation
Medical Interpreter (Former Employee) –  santo domingo dominican republicAugust 29, 2015
i used to interpret regular customer services calls and also medical calls , i really liked it cause everyday it was like a challenge every call was different, i had very funny calls and very , extremely hard and sad calls, i handeled 911 calls, emergencies. hospital visits and surgeries

my day was taking calls in a very relax envoroment with very good co workers , i learned a lot about laws, medications, taxes and finance

the hardest part was when i had to interpret for a judge, cause i had to be very concentrated and very accurate in every word that i say
also when i was interpreting for a doctor with a patient

the most enjoyable where when i had to interpret 911 calls but from drunk people cause they where just funny
Pros
good compensation and over time
Cons
we did not had a cafeteria
Confortable job environment.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Home addressSeptember 9, 2015
I interpret for different industries including medical, financial, insurance, court systems, Homeland Security, correction facilities, customer service and technical support.
Pros
Work from the house.
Cons
Not many incentives.
HORRIBLE company!
interpreter (Current Employee) –  CAMay 19, 2015
I am still working here...6 years almost.

No pay raise, no Bonus, just some high priced health insurance.

No vacation, no day offs, no sick days.

Getting a sudden sick day off is a battle!

And constant reminders of how many days off one has taken and warnings.

Constant monitoring.

Various training to undergo every year, no Christmas gift/Bonus, no nothing.

They are constantly buying out other similar companies and their annual profit is very high.

Working here still only as it is a work from home option...

I would not be able to pay even just rent with their salary!

Do not apply, beginners!
Pros
nothin
Cons
everything.
Never dull
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterey, CAJuly 1, 2015
A fast paced job done in the comfort of your home. Co-workers are at their homes or at the call center.You would get 1-2 breaks depending the hours worked. It was exciting because you would not know who would call next or what situation you would have.
Pros
Picking your work schedule, helping others
working for LLS was so much fun
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 7, 2015
Maybe it's not a usual job to work alone but it become so much fun as an individual accomplishment. Phone interpreter is a good opportunity to learn a lot about people, help them as best you can. the most enjoyable part of the job was the outcome , when you hear the satisfying of the both parties.
System change causing major problems.
Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 26, 2015
I enjoyed working here, but recently there has been a systerm change and I am not getting enough work for this job to be sustainable.
One of the best paying jobs in Dominican Republic
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  San Isidro Zona Franca, Sto Dgo Este, Dom RepJanuary 26, 2015
This company is located in Dominican Republic. It provides one of the better paying jobs in the country. The employees are able to work under minimal supervision with limited opportunity for advancement unless the employee is recommended by senior management.
Pros
excellent performance incentives and transportation/food benefits
Cons
limited job advancement
Felt really good helping others in need
Interpreter 911 (Former Employee) –  Santo DomingoMay 20, 2015
It gave me the ability to stay calm in very difficult situations and deal better under pressure. I had a great time, lots of friends and definitely helped my English and customer service skills.
good practice but horrible job
Customer Service Interpreter (Former Employee) –  anywhereOctober 12, 2014
This is a job where you can work from home and essentially set your own hours. Problem with this is that you are all alone all the time. The management hardly interacts with you and if so it's only by email or a rare phone call. There is no recognition whatsoever and this job is only good if you are trying to practice to become an interpreter for a hospital or the courts. Even then you get calls constantly for everything and the people on the line are inconsiderate of the interpretation process and don't rest up or pause for you to interpret. The pay is minimum though you provide a valuable service and there is no advancement opportunity and no benefits.
Pros
practice, work from home
Cons
pay, benefits, management, everything
Good to begin in the interpreting business
Work-at-Home English/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, CAMarch 17, 2014
I would recommend this company to anyone who would like to start in the world of Over the Phone Work at Home interpretation. It gives you good experience and a ton of work. Besides that, It doesn't say much. The pay/ work ratio is pretty offensive ($7.50 per hour/ calls received every 2-5 seconds after one ends). And there is hardly any ground for advancement. I won the quarterly production award for every quarter that I worked with them and that still was not enough to get at least a $0.10 raise. Also, I
Pros
work at home
Cons
pay is terrible, offtime policy is bad, sick day and holiday policy is also very bad.
Languageline keeps all the profits nothing is left for employees
Intepreter (Former Employee) –  work at homeSeptember 13, 2011
The company is doing very well. They have the lion share of the interpreting market. However greed knows no bounds. They offer no vacation, profit sharing , or insurance to speak of.

Interpreting is not an easy thing like most folks think.
The calls come from different business sectors including financial and telecommunications. There is a high level of stress and the pay is the same as if the interpreter worked at Mcdonalds.
Pros
wok at home
Cons
no benefits, poor pay
By far the worst and the stingiest company ever!!!
interpreter (Former Employee) –  monterey, CAFebruary 8, 2013
The company takes advantage of qualified interpreters. That's why truly qualified interpreters or the ones who's become qualified don't stay in the company. The company is just a stepping stone. Nobody would work for such a low wage and no benefits.
Perhaps the upper management is so busy with stuffing their pockets that they don't even once care about even only one day of their employees' sick leave.
Pros
working from home
Cons
no benefits, no off days, not even a sick day off, low wage
Stay away from this company
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Monterrey CAMay 13, 2014
I worked here for almost three years. Horrible horrible pay. Call volume is always through the roof and the managers here are very strict and unfair when giving criticism. If you are thinking about this company please stay away. I worked here this long due to need but not because I enjoyed it. Overall terrible company.
Pros
improve language skills
Cons
rude management, bad pay no paid vacation
Great company to Work from Home
(All-Call) Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Very convenient as far as saving you the commuting and working clothes expenses. However, the salary isn't great. In-person interpreters make a lot more. You really end up being mentally and sometimes emotionally drained.
I am so grateful to this company for giving me my start as a Spanish interpreter.
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande ValleyAugust 12, 2013
With Language Line Services, a typical day at work was BUSY. There was non stop calls coming in and my voice was shot by the end of the day. Regardless, I know them keeping me busy meant I had a job. They were the company who gave me the opportunity to start working as a interpreter and for that I will always be grateful.
Interesting and Challenging
Interpreter, English Spanish (Former Employee) –  Interpreter at homeFebruary 7, 2012
I spent a little over a year working for this company. I loved the challenge and the opportunity to help, not only our clients, but the language challenged customers.

The only thing that I would have liked was more opportunities to move inside the company, not only as an interpreter, but at a higher level.
Pros
work from home
Cons
night shift is the hardest

2.8