Language Line Services

Language Line Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good practice but horrible job
Customer Service Interpreter (Former Employee), anywhereOctober 12, 2014
Pros: practice, work from home
Cons: pay, benefits, management, everything
This is a job where you can work from home and essentially set your own hours. Problem with this is that you are all alone all the time. The management hardly interacts with you and if so it's only by email or a rare phone call. There is no recognition whatsoever and this job is only good if you are trying to practice to become an interpreter for a – more... hospital or the courts. Even then you get calls constantly for everything and the people on the line are inconsiderate of the interpretation process and don't rest up or pause for you to interpret. The pay is minimum though you provide a valuable service and there is no advancement opportunity and no benefits. – less
Fast paced very busy
Interpreter-Spanish/English (Current Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: flexibility in hours
Cons: no holiday pay and unpaid vacations
The most enjoyable part of this job is that you get to speak to a great variety of industries. Never a dull moment. Love working from home. The flexibility of hours.

A typical day is answering calls non stop until breaks which are very punctual, you don't get a restroom break unless you take a SPECIAL but then you can only take so many of those until – more... its excessive and you get warned for that. So restroom is only during breaks you have to make sure you take them, so beware if something upsets your stomach. You are reviewed every 3 months and someone takes the time to listen and let you know what you need improvement on . I love this part. We have interactive learning sessions if you are interested in learning more or improvement. Pay is minimum wage with bonus minutes. Benefits are not that great, not much coverage. – less
Hard but interesting, met over the phone mane customer service agents
Customer Service/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEJune 1, 2014
Pros: bonus incentives
Cons: stressful when interpreting for cancer patients
Answer incoming calls for many companies such as financial institution, Healthcare agencies, hospitals, technical support call from many wireless companies like At&t, TMobile, Sprint etc.
Stay away from this company
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: improve language skills
Cons: rude management, bad pay no paid vacation
I worked here for almost three years. Horrible horrible pay. Call volume is always through the roof and the managers here are very strict and unfair when giving criticism. If you are thinking about this company please stay away. I worked here this long due to need but not because I enjoyed it. Overall terrible company.
Good to begin in the interpreting business
Work-at-Home English/Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: pay is terrible, offtime policy is bad, sick day and holiday policy is also very bad.
I would recommend this company to anyone who would like to start in the world of Over the Phone Work at Home interpretation. It gives you good experience and a ton of work. Besides that, It doesn't say much. The pay/ work ratio is pretty offensive ($7.50 per hour/ calls received every 2-5 seconds after one ends). And there is hardly any ground for advancement. – more... I won the quarterly production award for every quarter that I worked with them and that still was not enough to get at least a $0.10 raise. Also, I – less
Collection
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEFebruary 2, 2014
I had a great time while I was at work. Although it was challenging every day. I enjoy it.
Great experience for entry level
Spanish - English Interpreter (Former Employee), San Juan, PRJanuary 17, 2014
Very impressive, agile company but they could treat their employees a little better with regards to pay and benefits.
Talk to client, people skills.
Vietnamese Interpreter (Former Employee), Work ant homeDecember 21, 2013
Sale and Services is my skill, and I have learned how to be patient with the most difficult client even sometimes I make a sale with no benefit, but I am happy that I can help someone in need.
Bad company, constantly humiliating employees
Phone Interpreter (Former Employee), Home BasedDecember 21, 2013
Pros: relatively predictable pay; yes, they actually pay
Cons: extreme stress, disastrous managment
Quality control is performed by people with limited English and no knowledge of the other language (unless it is Spanish). These morons are at the same time, want to prove that they are necessary, so the find mistakes even when there are none and the management immediately threatens you with termination even if you have years of clean record.

They – more... expect you to follow their protocol, which is impossible, because 98 percent of the clients are not familiar with the protocol (in fact, there is little use of it, except it drags out the call so that the company makes more money at the expense of getting on the clients' nerves. The Protocol is a Cath-22; if you keep it, you confuse the client, for which you can lose your contract and if you do not, you certainly lose your job.

You sit by the phone all day and much of the night and hope you will receive a call. You must answer the phone before the second ring. They do not maintain their phone and computer systems reliably, so sometimes you do not know where the call is from and the quality of the line is abysmal.

With a slow language, you can make about $3,000 per month if you are available for 10 to 12 hours a day.

The management is only interested in covering their rears. You ask for help in specific situation and they refer you to their contradictory rules. – less
Love working from home.
Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterey, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: phone lines sometimes had problems.
On a typical day, I would be on the phone with clients and Spanish speaking people. Love the job and the co-workers, even though I didn't meet them in person. At the end of the day, I knew that I did a good job, because I helped people.
it has to be your thing....
Spanish/English Interpreter (Former Employee), Monte Rey CAOctober 21, 2013
Its a very interesting job and you have to be able to think fast, have a good memory and be precise but still go with things as they come. Only challenge in my case, was staying home all day in the same place. Long calls can be draining but you always feel good at the end
interpreter/translator
Interpreter (Current Employee), home baseOctober 14, 2013
Pros: love to help people who doen't speak english.
Cons: talk to people for a long hours.
I work at least 9-12 hours per day Monday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday sometimes 5-6 hours . I also work with appointment bases , most of the work will be done over the phone ,face to face interpretation is also available .
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing and Business Development Specialist (Former Employee), Monterey, CAOctober 14, 2013
This company offers a great work environment with good pay. the company allows growth and creativity.
Very rewarding work.
Contract Bilingual Interpreter (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2013
I worked from home and had time flexibililty. Enjoyed working for the company.
It is a ball chain job.
Interpreter (Former Employee), San Jose CaliforniaAugust 26, 2013
Pros: became more eloquent in both languages.
Cons: everything and everyone.
I worked for what was Language Line Services for almost 3 years. Was surrounded by many qualified and intelligent interpreters that as myself, were seeing as nothing more than a number. Our pay was miserable and did not reflect what we individually knew as interpreters. Our management is is willing to do whatever possible and throw anyone under the – more... bus to succeed at Language Line. Our president thinks that by buying coffee mugs will make us feel better. We are the money makers of that company and yet we cannot get a raise or benefits. The hardest part of the job was to be asked to go into this page and many more in the web, to be say good things about a company that has done nothing more the oppress me. The most enjoyable was getting fired for following protocol and guidelines. – less
I do interpretation and translation
USCIS English, Arabic Translator Interpreter (Current Employee), Monterey, CAAugust 22, 2013
I do interpretation and translation
It s very nice company , good job , good view
phone interpretation
Contractor (Former Employee), new orleans (headquarters in California)August 17, 2013
computerized system, able to log-in on the computer and start receiving calls. Landline required, extensive training with a language test at the end (the language you are interpreting to & from). Fast paced.
I am so grateful to this company for giving me my start as a Spanish interpreter.
Spanish Interpreter (Former Employee), Rio Grande ValleyAugust 12, 2013
With Language Line Services, a typical day at work was BUSY. There was non stop calls coming in and my voice was shot by the end of the day. Regardless, I know them keeping me busy meant I had a job. They were the company who gave me the opportunity to start working as a interpreter and for that I will always be grateful.
the worst company
Russian Interpreter (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 20, 2013
Unprofessional management. Low wages. The service is not beneficial for the customer. Bad reputation among interpreters.
Working from home is a great benefit that may outweigh many cons...
All-call Interpreter (Former Employee), Monterrey, NLEJuly 10, 2013
Pros: the job can be exciting...
Cons: very few people agree to get stuck with a low-paid job...
This company might be a leader in the industry, provided smart managers figure out the right costing policy...

1 2 3

About Language Line Services

LanguageLine Solutions: Interpreting, Translation, Localization, Testing & Training Join the largest and best trained team – Read more

Language Line Services Photos