Lead, grow, and innovate with one of Langley’s most trusted educational institutions.
As a leading private school in British Columbia, Langley Montessori School's exceptional approach motivates children to acquire intellectual, personal and social skills. Our school provides a stimulating Montessori program for our students from toddler to grade seven in beautiful historical Murrayville, Langley.
We are currently seeking a qualified professional looking for an opportunity to help us grow our established Infant / Toddler Montessori program for children aged 11 months to 3 years. Langley Montessori School believes in fostering a culture where work-life balance is supported and encouraged.
Further your career by becoming part of our future.
Infant / Toddler Certified Teacher
Status: Full Time/Permanent
Location: Langley, BC
Hours of Work: 40
Closing Date: Friday, December 28, 2012
The Infant/Toddler Certified Teacher reports to the Manager, Early Learning Centre and the school Principal. Primary responsibility is to lead the infant/toddler program and discharge responsibilities pursuant to the mandate and role for the function set out and approved by the Ministry of Health, Management and the Board of Directors. The Infant/Toddler Certified Teacher provides managerial, thought and knowledge leadership to the infant/toddler program staff that contributes to successful professional care.
- Lead the design and execution of infant/toddler program in a manner that effectively and efficiently achieves school’s objectives of providing an enriching environment for children, and that fosters both the professional growth of staff and the program itself within the community.
- Ensure educational services follow the intent of the Montessori principles, school protocols and that work and documentation abides by standards of the Ministry of Health.
- Maintain and foster a positive and ongoing communication with parents and co-workers.
- Develop and maintain business knowledge of Montessori school activities relevant to the scope of work that is normally part of teacher’s areas of service.
- Manage the performance and professional development of the infant/toddler assistant staff in a manner that advances the business reputation of the function as a trusted and valued professional educational and daycare service provider.
- Maintains a professional standard of conduct at all times while promoting a positive image of the Langley Montessori School.
- Maintains compliance with all other internal policies.
- ECE Infant and Toddler Diploma (or in training)
- Montessori training considered an asset and preferred
- Clean criminal and background check
- Doctor’s statement confirming applicant is fit to perform duties
- Professional references
- Copy of update to date immunization medical records
- Current First Aid Certificate
We offer competitive salary and benefits based on education and experience. If you have a dynamic personality, high level of enthusiasm and commitment to provide exceptional care for our families, then we encourage you to apply either by email or fax:
Attention: Ursula Hodgson, Principal
Visit our website www.langleymontessori.com for more information.
We would like to thank all interested candidates but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.