Are you skilled at purchasing ferrous and non-ferrous metals and negotiating with vendors?
We are a growing metal recycling company in need of your talent! Join us and take the next step in your career. We are looking for a dynamic individual driven to succeed and initiative to excel. If you are the type of person who can buy and sell just about anything, we want YOU!
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
-Well established company
-Competitive salary and benefits
-Supportive executive management and team environment
What You Will Be Doing:
You will help source vendors and assist with managing a staff for the Daily purchase and weekly sale of all non-ferrous metals. You will be expected to learn and comply with all company policies and standards. Maintaining the flow of material out to our customers, as well as ensuring the processing of materials are completed at the best profit for the company.
- Must have Non-Ferrous buying experience, contract negotiation experience, and strong interpersonal skills
- Must have a strong sense of teamwork, while continuing to be productive in a solo working environment
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Purchase scrap metal materials in accordance with current market conditions based upon pricing standards/models established by Company Policy
- Full responsibility of internal and external customer service relating to ferrous or non-ferrous business under management oversight
- Maintain and manage the profit/loss analysis spreadsheet, and constantly work on improving the processes and/or profitability of the accounts
- Penetrate existing customers for more business and develop new customers for future profitable growth and expansion
- High school diploma required; Degree in Business or Marketing desirable or equivalent business experience
- 5+ years of experience in the scrap business, purchasing ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Excellent people skills, including written, verbal, and presentation
- Strong organizational and account management skills
- You will be expected to negotiate prices with customers, as well as the sale of material to various clients
- Easily able to navigate computer programs, including Microsoft Office and Point of Sale Software
- 5 to 6 days per week of work required, Sundays not required
So, if you're are a mid-level Metals Buyer, specializing in ferrous and non-ferrous metals - Please apply today!
Please forward resumes by e-mail to Brett: brett @ scrapandcores.com
Fax: (905) 985-7993