Langara College Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Experience as a Math Tutor
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCFebruary 2, 2016
I would help students with concepts they were struggling with concepts in Mathematics and help them develop a solid foundation in the subject.

Once every week I would meet with my supervisor and discuss the teaching strategies that I used in helping students develop an understanding of the material instead of spoon feeding them and doing their assignments for them.
College Student
student (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJanuary 8, 2016
Lots of academical knowledge. As a computer science students you learn everything you need but you got to look for opportunities to put it into practice. Push yourself and you`ll see the results.
Everyone wants to become a director!
Camera and Lighting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCOctober 9, 2015
Teaching students video production often surprises them with the amount of detail there is to learn. Technology is becoming easier and easier with more and more tools to make things easier but it still requires a certain level of technical proficiency.
Great College with small class sizes
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCJuly 26, 2012
Langara has small class sizes and dedicated instructors. The college governance is new and coming up with new ideas to deliver education in the best way possible. There are new educational programs along with new Bachelor degrees in the pipeline. This school has a well known theater program and basketball program. I enjoyed my classes because I found them practical and the instructors were patient and highly knowledgeable professionals.
Pros
small class sizes
Cons
ever increasing school fees
Fun and Inspiring
International Student Organizer (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMay 12, 2013
Langara is the first formal college I enrolled when I first came to Canada. I cannot express hoe much I love my life there.

People there are super nice and extremely helpful. Being an IEVP (international education volunteer) made my academic life there more colorful and memorable. In fact, helping other international students and enriching their lives was actually enhancing my ability and life as well.

Love Langara!