Langara College Employee Reviews

Fun Place to work with children
Art Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 September 2016
i am the art teacher at the college. it is very fun to work with children from age 4 to 12. i have 2 classes, one is children's drawing, and sketch class.
Pros
free style in teaching
Cons
not enough hours
Diverse work culture with an outstanding student community
Junior Executive of Marketing of LBA (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2016
A typical day at work would be like hanging out in the back of your school with your high school friends after a long day of classes. We enter the office, we get down to business, see what's done and what still needs to be done, have a recap, and then go out for dinner together. I have learned many things over the past few years from my co-workers and bosses. I have learned to be more organized through completing multiple tasks before the given deadline. I have learned how to work well with others through team management and consultation. I have learned to develop as a leader and as a business professional. My co-workers are open minded and understanding. When a conflict arises, they are willing to listen objectively to the opposition, and give efficient input on the subject at hand. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job, which is to convince students to join our events. Many students see Langara College as an intermediary institution, as a passage into Universities such as UBC or SFU. Therefore, they focus more on finishing their studies rather than investigating the Clubs at Langara and seeing what they have to offer. We tackle this by pitching ourselves as an opportunity to enhance a student's education, rather than an activity to release stress.
Experience as a Math Tutor
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 February 2016
I would help students with concepts they were struggling with concepts in Mathematics and help them develop a solid foundation in the subject.

Once every week I would meet with my supervisor and discuss the teaching strategies that I used in helping students develop an understanding of the material instead of spoon feeding them and doing their assignments for them.
College Student
student (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2016
Lots of academical knowledge. As a computer science students you learn everything you need but you got to look for opportunities to put it into practice. Push yourself and you`ll see the results.
Everyone wants to become a director!
Camera and Lighting Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2015
Teaching students video production often surprises them with the amount of detail there is to learn. Technology is becoming easier and easier with more and more tools to make things easier but it still requires a certain level of technical proficiency.
Great College with small class sizes
Full time student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 July 2012
Langara has small class sizes and dedicated instructors. The college governance is new and coming up with new ideas to deliver education in the best way possible. There are new educational programs along with new Bachelor degrees in the pipeline. This school has a well known theater program and basketball program. I enjoyed my classes because I found them practical and the instructors were patient and highly knowledgeable professionals.
Pros
small class sizes
Cons
ever increasing school fees
Fun and Inspiring
International Student Organizer (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 May 2013
Langara is the first formal college I enrolled when I first came to Canada. I cannot express hoe much I love my life there.

People there are super nice and extremely helpful. Being an IEVP (international education volunteer) made my academic life there more colorful and memorable. In fact, helping other international students and enriching their lives was actually enhancing my ability and life as well.

Love Langara!