Lands' End Inc Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Department Lead & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MA30 November 2017
Fun place to work except you are still in a dumpy sears store at the end of the day. Management is nice but no raises because we are paid under sears and they are going out of business.
great discounts
Asst. Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 November 2017
Worked for a very short time. Cannot really rate because it was a short time and a long time ago. For retail it was fine. Offered very good discounts.
Pros
good discounts
Cons
retail
Slow-paced, poorly manageed
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN27 November 2017
Managers will go to office while you do most of the work. Older and experienced employees will leave new hires by themselves even when they do not know much. Will make you clean even after you were supposed to clock out.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Poor benefits, poor management and low pay
Everyone was very nice and helpful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI25 November 2017
Everyone was very nice and helpful
Manage two screens for the job
Management listened to phone calls
Only allowed 10 a day for bathroom
Learned a new phone system
Worked through the website
Always looking at orders, helping others complete their orders
Pros
Nice group of people
Cons
Not hours for everyone
good job
H459-Orderfiller: (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI21 November 2017
good job, but hard to get in full-time management was good, enjoyed some of the workers. a typical day went by fast, use to work a lot of hours till Obama care came in, cut hours back to 29 hrs. per week had to find another job to support yourself
Pros
good breaks
Cons
good vision, and dentel, and 401 k
Current CEO has company going in right direction
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI17 November 2017
The current CEO has finally got the company going in the right direction. Design is being turned around to what people actually want (vs previous CEO direction). Lands End is heading back to the original vision and distancing itself from the Sears model that did not work. Very fast paced and management is always asking for more. The co-workers are absolutely wonderful. Salt of the earth people working very hard to give Management what they're asking on a moments notice. Many people put in long hours and meetings run past 5pm many days.
Pros
competitive pay, nice discount
Cons
Some management are Divas
needs improvement
Lands' End Sales Associate/coordinator/lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA16 November 2017
I was there when they started opening up in stores. It was great. We had plenty of employees to service the customers. Management appreciated the employees. it has gone down hill from there. The connection to sears probably had a lot to do with it.
Liked working part time here
Logistics and Shipping Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI10 November 2017
Lands' End was a good place for me to work and I appreciated the time given to train me and help me learn the position. Management was helpful and the team was a good fit.
very fun and productive
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI9 November 2017
Management was very positive and upbeat. They "cheered" us on and we were able to choose treats for 3 extraordinary calls which translates to exceptional customer service. There were also monthly small competitions which resulted in discounts or other perks for the highest performer- highest number of calls taken.

The work schedule was PT but you picked your shifts and could pick up extra hours daily. Very flexible which was a blessing with having family obligations.

The pay could be higher as this is a customer service call center that deals with points earned being utilized as money for future purchases. Consumers can be difficult to deal with when they feel like they are not getting what was promised to them.

For the most part Land's End cares about their employees. If I hadn't had such a long drive in an area that has inclement weather during the winter, I would likely still be there.

Thanks to this company for a rewarding experience after a long term unemployment.
fun work enviroment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canton, OH2 November 2017
Typically I start my day by checking numbers from the previous day and then walk the shop. We look at sales v. LY and PL. We also watch ADS (average dollars per sale) and UPT (units per transaction) very close. I walk the receiving area to check for new freight. I make sure we look up to standards for opening. Typically I work with the shop manager and one to two other associates, depending on business. I am responsible for a lot of numbers work but I am also responsible for training new associates. We are very customer service oriented. We not only sell in our shop we do a lot of on line ordering, returning, reordering. The best part of my job is helping customers and having them be happy at the end of their transaction. I typically check numbers every hour while I am at work. I am always available to associates in the shop through text or phone.
Pros
fun work enviroment
Cons
short breaks/lunches

Want to know more about Lands' End Inc?

Ask a question
Enjoyed Working
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI2 November 2017
I really enjoyed working as a Returns Processor. I love the fast paced work, also enjoyed working on my own. Everyone was really nice and helpful when needed.
Could be a great but.....
LEO Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville. WI31 October 2017
The culture at LE has changed for the worse. There has been an exodus of employees since new management has come on board. Poor training and worse field support.
The founder of the company had a famous quote: "Take care of the customer, take care of the employee, and the rest will take care of itself". It has been changed on the company website and now reads: "Take care of the customer and the rest will take care of itself". That pretty much sums it up.
Pros
Great history and products. Environmentally friendly.
Cons
Current management and culture.
Landsend overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI28 October 2017
It is 2 facets at Landsend Stevens Points. It is a call center environment as well as production of products. I feel the work I enjoyed my job with Landend. The company works hard to retain its hires with training and coaching. There is not alot of availability to talk with people in the area I worked in in the call center. Very fast paced as well as you are not always seated in same seat every shift. That means then that you may not sit next to the same people all the time.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere. Company does have appreciation days for employees.
Cons
Not everyone is full time so benefits fit the amount of hours you work.
Good as a job
Customer Care Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI27 October 2017
I liked working here but as a long term employee, once you hit the top, there aren’t many places to go and it can get tiresome. Good pay. Ok benefits. Nice people.
Great Culture - Unfortunately still under the same roof at Sears
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado27 October 2017
Lands' End believes in taking care of its associates. The best way that they could ensure this happens is to open their own shops outside of Sears. Sears culture, buildings and old school thought process is what holds Lands' End back from being a great place to work.
Selling culture is consistent.
Dealing with Sears customer complaints is difficult when you are really not a part of that environment. Lands' End has a different clientele that you can sell to and talk about features/benefits of the clothes, not just what the best deal is in the shop.
Pros
Merchandise along the company guidelines and customer need
Cons
Being under Sears building, name, corp policies, payroll.
Kind work environment
School Uniform Account Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI25 October 2017
I have worked at Lands' End for a few years and have always appreciated the kindness of my coworkers and the management. Through the job I had I was able to travel all over the country and see things I otherwise wouldn't have. The experiences were wonderful and I would recommend the job to others.
Very Lacked
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CA24 October 2017
very calm place to work there were not many customers shopping, if any at times, most of the people shopping were more of older and mature guest whom wold brows around in the morning
mediocrity rules the day
Sr Designer (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI24 October 2017
A bunch of scared people hiding in a corn field in the middle of nowhere desperately clinging to their status quo by celebrating mediocrity. Overburdened with outdated processes. No travel for shopping or factory visits except by the highest executives. Very little exposure to the industry. No career growth. Horrible managers.
Pros
on site gym
Cons
fear and mediocrity rule the day
Great pay, fewer hours off-peak
Client Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI22 October 2017
Part time consultants are wanting for hours during the off-peak season. But the pay and benefits are great. The culture is good and management is pretty good too.
Pros
Discount
Great People
CAD Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI21 October 2017
The corporate culture of the company is great over all. You would work with some of the most passionate and talented people. It is located in the charming town of Dodgeville in Wisconsin about an hour southwest of Madison. However, as much as I enjoyed the experience I decided to relocate back to New York. So, you should really consider the pace and lifestyle change if you are not already used to it