Lands' End Inc Employee Reviews

Call Center Lead/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI12 October 2017
Good place to work at Lands' End. Hire from within policy. Nice discount and benefits. Interaction with cross-functional partners on a daily basis.
Very enjoyable place to work. Great fitness center.
Center wide Scheduling Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI11 October 2017
When I was there I enjoyed most everyday I was there. The people that I worked with were nice and fun to work with. The culture has changed from when I was there but used to be pleasant. Great employee discount on clothes.
Sales Coordinator/ Consultative seller (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CA19 September 2017
Always on the go, you learned how to read customers to help them find their needs and wants. Management was OK, It was a fast paced environment with always something to do. The hardest part of the job was always wanting to do more. I enjoyed making the customer happy and seeing them come back for more.
What to say
Customer Sales/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI18 September 2017
Lands End has gone thru a lot of management changes in and out of the company. You have to work with management and there were times they didn't want to work with you.
benefits
Cons
lots of gossip
Not flexible on hours
Customer Service, Sales and Distribution (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg wi16 September 2017
They work on a points system. Not flexible with work hours and not willing to work with you for family matters. LIsten to all calls and give negative feedback and not allot of positive. Always looking for more
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
bad moral in the work place
Positive work enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterbury, CT 0670612 September 2017
In my opinion, it is a midwestern company that is surggling to make ends met. Although, i enjoy working with the company and building up knowledge to better myself
Pros
making money and learning about the company
Cons
short hours, no health benifits
Found it to be a very pleasant place to work.
PHONE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin11 September 2017
Typical day was spent on the phone. If i ever need help it was available. when ever I had an home issue requiring me to come in late or even the day off it was never an issue. Really enjoyed working for this company.
Strong Retail/Catalog Business
Allocation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI8 September 2017
My typical day at work was anywhere from managing apparel to get ready for a meeting with the buyers, to managing inventory reports for the next season. Workplace environment was very personable due to the number or years the employees worked there.
Most enjoyable part was working with the staff of the team I was working with.
I didn't have a hardest part of my job.
Pros
Health center on site. Could go on your lunch breaks and use the facilities
Cons
The drive everyday, it was 70 miles for me round trip
Fast Paced - Productive Environment
Operations Team - Flex Lead / Packing Lead (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI8 September 2017
In a fast-paced distribution center environment, one must be proactive in order to avoid/resolve any sort of adversity that may come your way. Experience is gained through dealing with many types of adversity.
Inconsistent C-Suite Leadership
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI5 September 2017
If you are native to Madison Wisconsin it is a good place to work, but the executive level leadership is too inconsistent to warrant relocating for a job here. Over the last 10 years they have churned through CEO's and product development leadership. They claim to want innovative thinkers then clip your wings. The internal culture is siloed between those native to Wisconsin and those that have moved from outside the state to work here. While the headquarters are located in an extremely remote area, it is a beautiful part of the Wisconsin countryside. Madison is a really great city, with lots of beautiful lakes and a University - so quality of life in that regard is high. It is not that far to drive to Chicago when you start to feel landlocked, but the likelihood that you will stay long term is low.
Pros
Countryside.
Cons
Executive level leadership extremely unstable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI5 September 2017
Flexible hours, more hours available during certain holidays throughout the year. Good benefits and a good work environment, lots of friendly and helpful people.
Customer Care Agent
Sales Division-Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI4 September 2017
Hours are flexible, but they do not look to hire full time. Hours are limited during non peak season so you will have to have another job to make ends meet.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Rate of pay, minimual hours
Good place to work with a activity center
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI30 August 2017
Print daily invoices and send them out. Send out any request from customers. Did tax exempt audits, credit card declines, filing, faxing and mailing. Helped with other projects when needed.
Worked with a team to email invoices, and to print them to other building, so they could send them out from the mail room.
Pros
loved my job, got lots of experience
Cons
stressful
Working for Lands End
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI30 August 2017
Lands' End is an amazing company to work for. The supervisors want you to succeed and they help you the best you can. The best thing is to be able to work from home.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Flex hours
good
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Oakham, Rutland30 August 2017
good benefits, high expectations, yearly staff outings, fundays arranged, staff discount is quite good, team leaders seem to get jobs by knowing people and being friends rather than being best for the job
Pros
fun day
Cons
management lazy
Great work environment & staff
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI29 August 2017
I'd absolutely love to work with Lands End again. It was one of the most laid back jobs I've ever had. Very fair with rules & regulations. Managers were amazing if I ever had any questions or concerns.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Great company that gives back to the enviroment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH28 August 2017
A normal day can be either slow and relaxed or busy and a bit hetic, as with all retail. Land's End customers are mostly plesant and patient. Management for most part is great except when it comes to needing time off. Dealing with upset customers do to company policy. My favorite part is helping a customer find just what they are looking for and seeing them happy.
Decent
Internet Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI22 August 2017
Probably the best paying job in the area if you don't want to work in a factory assembly floor. Great people and culture, but the pay is lacking behind inflation rate and set schedules are not offered. Only hires new associates at part time, and advancement to full time takes years and is not guaranteed.
Pros
Nice people, flexible scheduling and shift giveaways are allowed
Cons
Won't give you a set schedule, infrequent pay raises (like every 5 years).
Very good place to work for the right people
Business Outfitters Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI17 August 2017
I loved and still promote Land's End. If I worked more then one day per week there and could establish normal hours for raising a family this would be the dream job. Great leadership, great environment to work and great training. People are friendly and the pay was very reasonable. Just an issue with the hours. 5 Star place for the right person. I actually have gotten one of my military organizations to procure their clothing products with logo's through Land's End since I left the company. That should say a lot!
Pros
Loved the Product, the people and the Leadership
Cons
Only worked one day a week.
Good Company
N/A (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI16 August 2017
Lands' End is a good company and very family oriented. They have good benefits, great childcare, and they care about their employees. At the time that I worked there, there was not a lot of job growth, which is why I left.