Lands' End Inc Employee Reviews

OK for short term job
Technical Support & Embroidery Associate (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI21 April 2017
I've worked at Lands'End for 14 years, first as an embroidery associate, then as a technical support. It took 11 years for me to advance to tech support only to discover that they supervise and run the production floor more than the leads do and they do not receive the recognition or compensation they deserve. To put it mildly, if you don't suck up to the bosses non-stop, you'll never go anywhere with LE. Lots of favoritism, lots of hypocrisy.
Pros
Plenty of opportunities for time off, fun/friendly coworkers, clean/safe facilities
Cons
Poor/unprofessional leadership staff, little to no opportunity for advancement, long hours(especially in the summer)
n/a
customer service/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 1260131 March 2017
i love working for lands end the environment was great and i love how everything was done in a timely and orderly fashion. everyone worked together this is by far the best job i have had
Customer call representitive
Customer Service Call Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI30 March 2017
Hours varied week to week. Part time anywhere from 12 hours a week to 32 hours pre week, seasonal. Program is now shut down( April 2017) . Overall good daily experience. Supervisor attentive and helpful. It was hard to determine what was expected as the training was not complete, was not informed of details of the program. It as a pleasure to help people lean and understand how the program worked. Other employee were friendly and supportive.
Pros
Compensation good
Cons
Training with large group (over 30) was extenive but lacked details.
Excellent
Outside Catering Assistand (Current Employee) –  Lands End, Cornwall27 March 2017
Lands End is a lovely place to work. They provide flexible hours and pay well. Members of staff are very friendly and always polite and willing to help.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours, good pay, reasonable break length
Cons
No cons
Postive enviroment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Reesdburg26 March 2017
Postive attitudes with fellow workmates. Schedules allow giveaways or trades or personal hours. This job is not based on commission easing the call with the customers.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Good company to work for
Lands End Consultative Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY14 March 2017
I have really enjoyed working at Lands end. I am going on three years with the company. I love the brand, the management is great and I love the ethics of the company.
Color Manager
Color Manager (Former Employee) –  Mong Kok13 March 2017
Manage execution, fully utilize company resources and time to achieve the goals and objectives.
Handle assigned cross functional projects independently involving internal and external stakeholders by innovating new ideas to speed up the projects and strategies.
Manage project progress in timely manner, communicate and coach with project managers and business analysts.
Pros
Roles and responsibilities are clear
Cons
Boring, they don't care about you
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WI12 March 2017
I've been working there for a year and a half and they don't care about you. They don't care about your scheduling needs. You ask off 3 weeks before you need off and they still schedule you. Sometimes they'll scheduled you 1 day a week. How can you make a living off that? You can't. Unless you can get Gaurunteed full time. Don't work there. Just don't
Pros
Product discounts
Cons
Short breaks, scheduling, rude staff
Great Work from Home job if don't need to worry about hours
Remote Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Madison, WI3 March 2017
Enthusiastic, friendly, and professional in verbal communications.
Consistently maintain positive energy level in every interaction.
Strong computer navigation skills and ability to organize and use resources effectively. Accurately type at least 35 wpm. Comfortable independently troubleshooting PC issues.Organized, accurate and detail oriented, sharing product knowledge including color, fabric construction, care, fit/sizing Ability to perceive and interpret customer’s need and resolve it proficiently.
Pros
Good pay, good supervision, good training
Cons
Hours are limited unless busy season, then you have to remember or know changes that happened.
Working at Land's End
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI17 February 2017
management is great along with the friendly staff all and all love the culture and facility I had great relations with all staff always a smile when you arrive and when you head home
Pros
great hours great people
Cons
part time flex hours
Great Place to Works
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RI12 February 2017
I`ve with Lands` End for 3 years and I really enjoyed my time with these company, but now is time for me to move on. I recommend Lands` End to anyone who is looking to have a great and fun time at work and to anyone who enjoy retail and customer services.
Enjoyable place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RI10 February 2017
Every day is a new learning experience. Many friendly, loyal customers. Was given the knowledge and freedom to express my opinions. Customer service is number one priority. Great team to work with. Hardest part of the job is time management for resets and customer service combined. The greatest feeling is when you have an extremely happy, satisfied customer. Makes you feel on top of the world.
Pros
Our leads are always supportive
Cons
No pay increase in Five years
Nice, small boutique in an airport.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NY10 February 2017
This store is a nice small simple boutique in LaGuardia Airport. You get to meet different types of people, and the energy is always up , with consent, passengers and customers to greet.
Excellent place to work...if you can afford to work part-time
Customer Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI1 February 2017
Land's End treats the employee in the exact same manner as the employee is expected to treat the customer...extraordinary in every way. The culture is one in which one looks forward to coming to work. A flexible schedule, along with a 'bank' of unpaid hours one can use for any reason without reprimand gives the employee a stress-free schedule and freedom to participate in family activities/vacation without worry.

The only drawbacks are that it is almost impossible to obtain a full-time position (directly due to the fact that it IS such a wonderful place to work that these positions rarely open up) and hours are few and far between during January, February and March.
Pros
Flexible scheduling; responsive management; great working atmosphere
Cons
Impossible to get full-time (everyone loves it here); lean hours in January/February/March
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reedsburg, WI30 January 2017
Employers is a very employee-friendly company that provides a great work life balance and flexible work hours. Culture is very conservative and status quo can be strong.
productive
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Oakham, Rutland26 January 2017
reliable
lovely environment
I learned how to pick and pack
management were really nice
the hardest part of the job was packing the clothes
the most enjoyable part of the job was working on the warehouse floor.
Flexibilty
Cashier and Consultative assistant (Former Employee) –  Novi, MI 4837720 January 2017
I was able to work and start school with a flexible schedule. However my time schedule was not consistent. Management was okay. the training for associates should be more detailed.
Pros
Fast Pace
Cons
Training not clear
Great Place to work
Support (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WI17 January 2017
I work from home for Lands End and the flexibility of working from home, and the convenience since I have small children has been amazing. I would recommend this job to anyone.
what i enjoyed most
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJ12 January 2017
the job was very laid back, the managers were pretty laid back except when we had a big visit and the customers were friendly for the most part.
regular customer service call center
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WI6 January 2017
I did not really like this job. If you dont mind sitting in a cubical and calling people or receiving calls all day then this is the job for you. This is a good job for people who need to work part time or college kids who need to make some money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lands' End Inc. Our community is ready to answer.