Lands' End Inc Employee Reviews

Environment is changing
Senior Campaign Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJune 17, 2016
There used to be many opportunities for learning and advancement but that has changed. Upper Management no longer pays attention to the individuals who are doing the jobs
Wonderful people to work with
Analyzer Technician (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJune 9, 2016
I enjoy working at lands end. People are great, both fellow employees and leads, supervisors, and administrator. Enjoy the perks of pool, work out center.
Everyone at lands end is friendly, always willing to help.
Pros
People and caring staff at all levels
Cons
CEO is taking company down
Productive work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMay 25, 2016
fun and safe working environment with a lot of benefits. It was a pleasure to work here. I will definitely recommend to anyone looking to build their sales skills.
flexiable with scheduling
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIMay 21, 2016
Trim shirts and clothing for big companies. The hours are great and they are flexible with scheduling. Do not like the flex part time after peak not sure if you will have a job.
Pros
they have volunteer work and bring in bands.
Productive work enviroment!!! Very fun and professional company to work for!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 8, 2016
I really enjoyed my time spent working at LandsEnd. My co-worker felt like family. We always had a lot of work to do, however it never felt like it because we really enjoyed the job.
Pros
amazing discount, great coworkers, fun work enivorment
Cons
far from hom, short lunch breaks
a store, in a store, in a mall.
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 7, 2016
I clocked in, I folded clothes, hardly any customers and when they're were customers, the were from the sears side and not LE customers and then we had to send them over because our policy is to only ring up customers from our company, but then sears management would tell us we had to ring them up and then no one knew or knows what to do.
I learned folding techniques, fill out online returns and orders, boxing and displaying shoes, displaying mannequins, and how to work a retail P.O.S. system running on DSL windows '95.
I normally worked alone, but when i saw my co workers they were pleasant.
The hardest part about the job was getting a raise. (I never got one but I moved up to sales lead.) I never got the title of manager but I functioned as one, because managers get raises.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
hour long lunches, in a mall, no customers
Cons
distance between the break room and LE was so long it cut time off your break. no customers, LE and Sears contradictory rules.
Productive and community focused position
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2016
Upon being hired, I was immediately welcomed into the family and informed about growth opportunities. I was paired with a mixture of associates, to ensure an unbiased training base. They allowed as much training as needed to ensure that I could take care of the customer to the best of my ability, as well as to the company's standard. Management focused on helping associates feel valued so that the attitude could be returned to our customers.

The worst part of the job was having to work every weekend and holiday, although I understood the purpose and opportunities presented.

The best part of the job was being pushed by management to be the best me. With the help of my direct manager, I was able to graduate from part time to full time, and full time to a lead position in less than a year. I also loved being able to establish relationships with customers and nurturing those relationships as the customer returned. This was especially rewarding with the "regulars."
Pros
Wonderful management, company truly cares, valued customer
Cons
Holiday work, partnership with another company
Fun, exciting workplace
Monogram Technician / Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
As a monogram technician, I was able to interact will customers on a personal level and I loved it. I heard so many stories behind the reasons why customers would get certain things monogrammed. I am still very grateful for having had this opportunity. I also helped maintain the sales floor and assist customers when the monogram line would dissipate. My co workers were amazing and the managers were very cool and understanding. It was a pleasure being a part of this experience and team. It was my first time opening and closing a store in NYC. The hardest part of my job was telling the customers we didn't have certain items from the catalog in the store.
Pros
Cool staff, charitable events, selfie booth, Monogram station, Cafe Station
Cons
Didn't stay open
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIApril 8, 2016
was nice to find a job that worked around your hours, clean place to work in, fun as well as you got to sit all during your shift and answer phone calls to help people with online help.
Pros
easy
Cons
slow at times
Innovative company with potential.
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Great place to work! The dynamic and the environment is very favorable for a retail company. They definitely have potential for great things!
Great hours, and great location during the summer!
Waiter (Former Employee) –  CharvilApril 8, 2016
This pub is a lovely pub situated in a rural area. This makes travel there very pleasant. It gets very busy at times although manageable! Typical days can include a variety of tasks regardless of job roles, such as light cleaning work. This job provided me with some experience of a new side of hospitality which is great when applying for other jobs. Co-workers really vary. I would say there is a friendly atmosphere in the pub, although some employees can bring the mood down. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the landlord who can be rude at times, although is generally okay. The best part of the job is that the general feeling in the pub is very nice, mainly due to the customers there who are generally regulars. There are lots of lovely families that often come every week.
Pros
Good tips if you work for them, friendly customer base
Cons
Landlord is occasionally rude
Bad management
Packing/Returns (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIMarch 6, 2016
I worked at Dodgeville Lands End for 16 years. No advancement opportunities, bad management, hours suck. I was sick of working 20 hours a week so asked to be transferred to another department. Management told me no because I was to valuable. So I left went back to college. A year later I asked for an internship they told me no because I didn't have enough experience. (The lady doing the phone interview didn't call at the scheduled time, i had to call several times to hunt her down, obviously I wasnt important enough for her) And are you kidding me not enough experience 16 years. The only way you get promoted is partying with management. No health benefits either. The only way this job is worth it is if you are looking for a part time job and you live in town. And you better have a flexible schedule because one day you will work 10 hours and the next 5 hours.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Bad management, no health care, hours, no job advancement opportunities.
Very friendly and wonderful place to work. Supervisors are the best.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 2, 2016
This is a very nice place to work. The supervisors are all willing to work around your schedule. The work environment is fun. Co-workers are great. Hardest part of the job would be picking up after customers after they have tried on clothes and left them on floor in dressing rooms. I enjoy helping customers find what they're looking for. Customers are usually very nice and appreciative of help.
Stressful
Toll Gate Staff (Former Employee) –  Provincia de Morona-SantiagoFebruary 27, 2016
It's sitting in the Gate waiting for cars to arrive, and when they do, it's asking about the price, and if they're not satisfied with it, they have a go at you and leave the other direction, the only fun is when cars aren't arriving. The Co-workers all hate it
Pros
Free Lunches and short hours
Cons
Bad Supervisor
Love the clothes
IT Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIFebruary 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with Lands' End tech department. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming to all the questions I had when i first started. I have worked at the HQ placed in Dodgeville for a years and was always welcomed by the management when they needed me.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Impatient End Users
Great supervisor support. Enjoyable interation with customers.
Consultative Selling Associate (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 5, 2016
Lands' End occupies a small retail space with Sears at the
Fox River Mall.

Direct access to Fox River Mall from Lands' End is convenient.

Supervisor provides excellent training and support to all the
associates in Lands' End.

Assosciates in Lands' End are a select few that support each
other by providing assistance when needed.
Pros
Direct access to Fox River Mall.
Cons
None.
Excellent place to work, lots of friendly coworkers
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Lands' End is an excellent company to work for. The pace can be busy or slow depending on the season. The management is very helpful if you have a question.
Cons
No health insurance benfits
ok place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJanuary 16, 2016
used to be great place to work, it no longer is, and the employees are not treated well at all anymore, the pay is good though
Production Floor worker
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJanuary 15, 2016
Boring

How to trim backing on shirts

ok

Alright I guess

keeping the rate up

meeting new people

You Get to learn new job opportunitys
Pros
Day shift
Cons
Short Breaks
productive workplace
Soft line Merchandising Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Worth the experience & the family oriented enviorment,

Consistently generated additional revenues utilizing thorough product knowledge and friendly sales techniques to up-sell product specials and complementary items

*Exceeded customer expectations by locating hard to find items, and recommending alternative options for out of stock apparel. *Ability to work in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics & driving results by placing a high priority on detail accuracy to successfully complete all tasks.
*Deliver excellent customer service demonstrated with a high degree of professionalism.
*Responsible for timely & proper placement of merchandise for maximum impact according to guidelines.
Pros
learning experience
Cons
no room for growth