Lands' End Inc Employee Reviews

Bad management
Packing/Returns (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIMarch 6, 2016
I worked at Dodgeville Lands End for 16 years. No advancement opportunities, bad management, hours suck. I was sick of working 20 hours a week so asked to be transferred to another department. Management told me no because I was to valuable. So I left went back to college. A year later I asked for an internship they told me no because I didn't have enough experience. (The lady doing the phone interview didn't call at the scheduled time, i had to call several times to hunt her down, obviously I wasnt important enough for her) And are you kidding me not enough experience 16 years. The only way you get promoted is partying with management. No health benefits either. The only way this job is worth it is if you are looking for a part time job and you live in town. And you better have a flexible schedule because one day you will work 10 hours and the next 5 hours.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Bad management, no health care, hours, no job advancement opportunities.
A very stressful job 8 weeks of training but had fun while learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIAugust 18, 2016
Confer with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.

Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers' problems.
Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits, and arrange for billing.
Resolve customers' service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
Pros
Vacation right away and very fun place to work
Cons
Temporary job
Excellent Workplace
Customer Service Representative/Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIJuly 29, 2016
A day at work would be answer phone and helping customers with problem with there account for Shop your way.. I learned to keep calm even if the customers are upset and that I'm the one that is sometime on the other end of call like this and want to make sure that I treat them how I would want to be treated. Management here was wonderful they where also care about the individual and respect you. The hardest part of the job is talking call after call to make sure that you get all the calls you need in a day. Enjoy working with customers and helping them fix there accounts.
Pros
Family Orientated Company
Cons
NONE
Fun, exciting workplace
Monogram Technician / Cashier / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
As a monogram technician, I was able to interact will customers on a personal level and I loved it. I heard so many stories behind the reasons why customers would get certain things monogrammed. I am still very grateful for having had this opportunity. I also helped maintain the sales floor and assist customers when the monogram line would dissipate. My co workers were amazing and the managers were very cool and understanding. It was a pleasure being a part of this experience and team. It was my first time opening and closing a store in NYC. The hardest part of my job was telling the customers we didn't have certain items from the catalog in the store.
Pros
Cool staff, charitable events, selfie booth, Monogram station, Cafe Station
Cons
Didn't stay open
a store, in a store, in a mall.
Consultative Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 7, 2016
I clocked in, I folded clothes, hardly any customers and when they're were customers, the were from the sears side and not LE customers and then we had to send them over because our policy is to only ring up customers from our company, but then sears management would tell us we had to ring them up and then no one knew or knows what to do.
I learned folding techniques, fill out online returns and orders, boxing and displaying shoes, displaying mannequins, and how to work a retail P.O.S. system running on DSL windows '95.
I normally worked alone, but when i saw my co workers they were pleasant.
The hardest part about the job was getting a raise. (I never got one but I moved up to sales lead.) I never got the title of manager but I functioned as one, because managers get raises.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving.
Pros
hour long lunches, in a mall, no customers
Cons
distance between the break room and LE was so long it cut time off your break. no customers, LE and Sears contradictory rules.
Not the best place to build a future!
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIJuly 28, 2016
On average it takes 10 years working part time to be offered a full time benefited employee. I have been there 7 years and have done every task required and taken on several roles that were outside my job parameters. Every review I have been given has a mark of exceeds all expectations, so the problem isn't that I am not doing all task and more. The end result is they are currently taking advantage of the comprehensive health care law to ensure they do not have to give full time positions. We are reprimanded if our yearly average of hours worked exceeds 29 hours. Even if the situation arises that they beg you to work more to cover the shortfalls due to the lack of available employees.The current culture is a such the regular full time (40 hours a week and benefits) are have their schedules cut to 32 hours a week and if you want to maintain a full paycheck you are required to use your vacation time to supplement the shortages. All in all, I am currently making every effort to find a more productive working environment to continue to build a future for my family.
Cons
Willing takes advantage of employee status to maintain lower costs.
Great hours, and great location during the summer!
Waiter (Former Employee) –  CharvilApril 8, 2016
This pub is a lovely pub situated in a rural area. This makes travel there very pleasant. It gets very busy at times although manageable! Typical days can include a variety of tasks regardless of job roles, such as light cleaning work. This job provided me with some experience of a new side of hospitality which is great when applying for other jobs. Co-workers really vary. I would say there is a friendly atmosphere in the pub, although some employees can bring the mood down. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the landlord who can be rude at times, although is generally okay. The best part of the job is that the general feeling in the pub is very nice, mainly due to the customers there who are generally regulars. There are lots of lovely families that often come every week.
Pros
Good tips if you work for them, friendly customer base
Cons
Landlord is occasionally rude
Has a good history
Sales Leader (Shop Manager) (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 29, 2016
The motto of Lands' End is simply, "take care of the customer, take care of the employee, and the rest will take care of itself". They definitely put a major focus on the customer and great customer service. The one on one interactions are critical. On the downside, the company needs to listen to their shop leaders and employees a little more.
Pros
Employee discount, customer interactions
Cons
Hours are very low, starting pay rate is hard to compete with other businesses
Productive and community focused position
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 4, 2016
Upon being hired, I was immediately welcomed into the family and informed about growth opportunities. I was paired with a mixture of associates, to ensure an unbiased training base. They allowed as much training as needed to ensure that I could take care of the customer to the best of my ability, as well as to the company's standard. Management focused on helping associates feel valued so that the attitude could be returned to our customers.

The worst part of the job was having to work every weekend and holiday, although I understood the purpose and opportunities presented.

The best part of the job was being pushed by management to be the best me. With the help of my direct manager, I was able to graduate from part time to full time, and full time to a lead position in less than a year. I also loved being able to establish relationships with customers and nurturing those relationships as the customer returned. This was especially rewarding with the "regulars."
Pros
Wonderful management, company truly cares, valued customer
Cons
Holiday work, partnership with another company
friendly
orderfilling (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIAugust 11, 2016
I liked working there because it was a on your own kind of thing, I was able to get my tickets and go at my own pace, there was many different orders to do everyday so it never got boring, and really loved that we got to move around instead of sitting because i'm more of an active worker, id rather be moving around all the time
Pros
Got to do it at own speed
Cons
sometimes i didnt get very many hours
Love the clothes
IT Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIFebruary 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my time with Lands' End tech department. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming to all the questions I had when i first started. I have worked at the HQ placed in Dodgeville for a years and was always welcomed by the management when they needed me.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
Impatient End Users
Best job location ever
Hotel employee (Former Employee) –  Homer, AKDecember 8, 2015
I loved working here 95% of the time. Unbeatable location and mostly great people to work with. There was more drama than I'd prefer, but most of it came from the same few people. This hotel has so much potential and can really become something great. Management was working on appreciation seminars, so it's good to see them investing back in their people.
Pros
Free soup of the day, amazing views (where else can you see whales, otters and bald eagles from your work), and great coworkers.
Cons
They are not very sensitive to employees having personal time, and there are a few mean managers that they are not willing to discipline.
Poor company to work for
Sourcing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIOctober 22, 2015
If you invested in your career and like to make a difference Lands' End is not the place to work. The pay was not the best and management was terrible. If you want to put in your time and not care about the company you should apply here It was really hard to work for a company in our community that does not value their employees.
ok as far as retail goes, but not great
Associate (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 1, 2016
haven't received a raise once in the four years I've been there. the company's policies are pretty lax, reducing the number of enraged customers a retail employee usually has to deal with, and the various managers I've had have run the gamut from amazing to awful.
Wonderful people to work with
Analyzer Technician (Current Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJune 9, 2016
I enjoy working at lands end. People are great, both fellow employees and leads, supervisors, and administrator. Enjoy the perks of pool, work out center.
Everyone at lands end is friendly, always willing to help.
Pros
People and caring staff at all levels
Cons
CEO is taking company down
Excellent place to work, lots of friendly coworkers
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reedsburg, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Lands' End is an excellent company to work for. The pace can be busy or slow depending on the season. The management is very helpful if you have a question.
Cons
No health insurance benfits
Technical Administrator
SR. TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  WISeptember 6, 2016
The staff is very helpful and willing to assist with anything. The overall environment is inviting. The environment is relative to the industry and provides a unique experience for any IT person.
Sweat shop
Salaried Professional Manager (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WISeptember 16, 2015
6 CEOs in 13 years. What else do you need to know? There is no stability and the employee turnover among salaried professionals is outrageous. The talented people have left. The morale is terrible among those remaining because they don't replace anyone and the work still has to be done. The workload is staggering; and people are routinely working all night at home (I know because of the emails I get and the IMs that I get). The technology is terrible everywhere. Plus, the place is so far into the boonies that you can barely get a decent cell signal, and you can forget about getting out for lunch because there are only a couple of restaurants. I can't drive by a McDonalds or a Culvers anymore without getting sick.

On the other hand, if you're a hourly worker, it's not bad. But this is a company where you want to be hourly, not salary.
Pros
None.
Cons
Workload vs adequate staff to get it done.
Productive work enviroment!!! Very fun and professional company to work for!
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 8, 2016
I really enjoyed my time spent working at LandsEnd. My co-worker felt like family. We always had a lot of work to do, however it never felt like it because we really enjoyed the job.
Pros
amazing discount, great coworkers, fun work enivorment
Cons
far from hom, short lunch breaks
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dodgeville, WIJune 26, 2016
Enjoyed helping customers place their orders. Enjoyed speaking to people from all states including Canada. Also got to see all clothing and home goods in person which helped with customer questions.