LANDS' END INC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Innovative company with potential.
Public Relations Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Great place to work! The dynamic and the environment is very favorable for a retail company. They definitely have potential for great things!
Bad management
Packing/Returns (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIMarch 6, 2016
Pros: Nice employees
Cons: Bad management, no health care, hours, no job advancement opportunities.
I worked at Dodgeville Lands End for 16 years. No advancement opportunities, bad management, hours suck. I was sick of working 20 hours a week so asked to be transferred to another department. Management told me no because I was to valuable. So I left went back to college. A year later I asked for an internship they told me no because I didn't have enough experience. (The lady doing the phone interview didn't call at the scheduled time, i had to call several times to hunt her down, obviously I wasnt important enough for her) And are you kidding me not enough experience 16 years. The only way you get promoted is partying with management. No health benefits either. The only way this job is worth it is if you are looking for a part time job and you live in town. And you better have a flexible schedule because one day you will work 10 hours and the next 5 hours.
Love the clothes
IT Special Projects (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIFebruary 24, 2016
Pros: Beautiful Campus
Cons: Impatient End Users
I really enjoyed my time with Lands' End tech department. My co-workers were friendly and welcoming to all the questions I had when i first started. I have worked at the HQ placed in Dodgeville for a years and was always welcomed by the management when they needed me.
Great supervisor support. Enjoyable interation with customers.
Consultative Selling Associate (Current Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 5, 2016
Pros: Direct access to Fox River Mall.
Cons: None.
Lands' End occupies a small retail space with Sears at the
Fox River Mall.

Direct access to Fox River Mall from Lands' End is convenient.

Supervisor provides excellent training and support to all the
associates in Lands' End.

Assosciates in Lands' End are a select few that support each
other by providing assistance when needed.
Excellent place to work, lots of friendly coworkers
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Reedsburg, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Cons: No health insurance benfits
Lands' End is an excellent company to work for. The pace can be busy or slow depending on the season. The management is very helpful if you have a question.
ok place to work
Cleaner (Current Employee), Dodgeville, WIJanuary 16, 2016
used to be great place to work, it no longer is, and the employees are not treated well at all anymore, the pay is good though
Production Floor worker
Trimmer (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Day shift
Cons: Short Breaks
Boring

How to trim backing on shirts

ok

Alright I guess

keeping the rate up

meeting new people

You Get to learn new job opportunitys
productive workplace
Soft line Merchandising Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: learning experience
Cons: no room for growth
Worth the experience & the family oriented enviorment,

Consistently generated additional revenues utilizing thorough product knowledge and friendly sales techniques to up-sell product specials and complementary items

*Exceeded customer expectations by locating hard to find items, and recommending alternative options for out of stock apparel. *Ability to work in teams and partnering with others through collaborative work ethics & driving results by placing a high priority on detail accuracy to successfully complete all tasks.
*Deliver excellent customer service demonstrated with a high degree of professionalism.
*Responsible for timely & proper placement of merchandise for maximum impact according to guidelines.
Fun work environment
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIJanuary 8, 2016
During a regular shift, it is expected to have each specialist handle between 30-100 calls for customers looking to make an order over the phone. Handling calls for our customers is very fun, and feels good to be able to "shop" with the customer. Managers on the floor with the specialist are very helpful and are available whenever you need them. The hardest part of the job is having a dissatisfied customer due to technical or product issues. The best part is when you build a bond with the customer who ends up leaving a smile on your face at the end of your shift.
amazing pay and long hours
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIJanuary 3, 2016
starting pay is very nice and offers long hours for people wanting to work more.did work seasonal only but they do offer the job as a part time position.
Careful, they like to play tricks
salesperson (Former Employee), Niles, ILDecember 2, 2015
Pros: good discounts, nice people to work with
Cons: hours can be long, you are on your feet the whole time, see layoff BS above
I worked part time for them for about six months. In the interview they told me part timers were eligible for benefits. That is untrue, although it seems like it is accurate based on the website information (only for the people in the corporate office in Wisconsin).

They do have a nice way of running things though, I appreciated knowing what my role was going to be on a day to day basis, and I felt supported by my manager and co workers.

However, one day he took me into the office and said I was going to be placed on a "temporary leave of absence", along with 2 other employees. There just wasnt enough business to justify having all of us on the payroll, he explained. I was fine with it because I had another job I could get more hours at, and he promised in a month, "two, tops", i could come back.

Problem with this was that even though I was technically still an employee, my employee number stopped working in the computer system and I could not get my employee discount any longer. I also could not get a hold of him after the two months to find out my status. He did call the week of Thanksgiving (four months later) to say I could come back to help during the Christmas rush. uh, thanks?

So basically, what this company does is lay you off but they say you are still an employee with them so you can't go collect unemployment. Which is probably illegal, but I didn't care enough about the job to check that.
Learned a lot from this job.
Assistant Store Manger (Current Employee), Colonie, NYDecember 1, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot from this job.
Cons: No area to advance.
Working at Lands' End I got to learn many things about being a store manager.Running a business, hiring, firing,scheduling, setting up and breaking down sales, driving sales,customer servicing,training and coaching staff,register, merchandising and visual.
Terrible Job Security
Inbound Sales Agent (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WINovember 23, 2015
Pros: Lax work clothing
Cons: short breaks, no healthcare
I joined the company with the hopes to work as a sales associate in the call center for a minimum of a year, and wound up laid off within two months along with several hundred other employees.
Good company for the area.
Return Analyzer (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WINovember 10, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedules.
Cons: Flex workers do not receive any benefits.
The job had a rate attached to it which you needed to perform daily, which was difficult depending upon the type of clothing.
I enjoyed all the ladies that I worked with, it made the day go by quickly.
I learned the different type of clothing, sorting, disposition of articles, and fast folding techniques.
My lead person was easy to work with, gave me an excellent work schedule and evaluation.
Poor company to work for
Sourcing Assistant (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIOctober 22, 2015
If you invested in your career and like to make a difference Lands' End is not the place to work. The pay was not the best and management was terrible. If you want to put in your time and not care about the company you should apply here It was really hard to work for a company in our community that does not value their employees.
Corporate Culture
Receptionist (Part-time) (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIOctober 18, 2015
Pros: Beautiful Atruim provided for Employee breaks
Cons: Limited growth potential within my department
A commitment to cultural diversity, excellence in customer care and quality products are the primary reasons I am proud to say I work at Lands' End.
fun and developing
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Plover, WIOctober 9, 2015
Pros: fun place to work and postive atmosphere.
Lands end is a great place to work and develop skills to talk to people in a call center atmosphere. Fun place to work with supportive management, they are interested in your growth and there is room for growth within the company.
Decent place to work
Trimmer (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIOctober 6, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Management
Good paying job which almost makes up to the lack of management skills that take place there. Busy up to a certain time of the year and then they almost always lay people off.
Sales
Merchandiser and Customer Assistance (Former Employee), Garden City, NYOctober 3, 2015
Can be challenging. Management is not very supportive, seems like there a lack of foundation from top management which trickles downwards. Hard to advance.
Lands' End was a good place to work
Internet Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WISeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Lands' End was a good place to work
Cons: Hard to get back in and full time
Lands' End was a good place to work. I worked several different areas and gained a lot of knowledge that helped me to further myself.