LANDS' END INC

LANDS' END INC Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive when there was work
warehouse picker, shipper, receiver (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIMay 21, 2015
easy, outgoing group of people, but it just did not have room for advancements and the management seemed like they had a hard time keeping positive relations with the general employee population. Very repetitive, typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job were the co-workers.
Awesome place to work!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stevens Point, WIMay 20, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Very slow during non peak season.
I love working at Land's End!! I'm a call center rep for Shop Your Way Rewards program. They are PHENOMENAL with the work schedule. Super accommodating in every way!! The compensation you get for the work you do is above fantastic!!
Fun Job with amazing co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Costa Mesa, CAMay 14, 2015
I love working here, my co-workers are amazing people. The manager is one of the bet I've ever had. The typical work day includes; folding, folding, more folding and a bit of sales and customer services as well.
Flexible
Order Filler (Former Employee), Reedsburg, WIApril 23, 2015
Good place to work at if you're a full-time employee. I was a flex however so I could not get 40 hours per week. Worked independently. Fast paced environment. Days went by quick. Good management. Nice people.
Solid customer base/quality apparel
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago areaApril 18, 2015
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: compensation
I love working at Lands End

The quality of apparel is great

Long life of company

Great work/life balance

Compensation is below average
There is a lot of variety and many different departments to work in.
Customer Service Rep and Customer Returns (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIApril 16, 2015
Pros: Variety in jobs
Cons: Early hours
The shift is 6am-2pm. The first thing you would do is check the schedule to see if you job has changed. I worked in many departments, so it was subject to change at any time. Management was good and treated me well. There was a lot of people who worked there and many different personalities. We all had a common goal and worked together as a team.
Fun and rewarding work place
Call Center Representative/Embroidery (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WIMarch 29, 2015
Pros: incentives, and flexible work schedule
Cons: needed better snack selection in the breakroom
I have never worked for another company that rewards its employees so much. There were always incentives for employees who would go just a little extra to make customers experiences to exceed expectations.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Packager (Current Employee), Dodgeville, WIMarch 17, 2015
I really enjoyed working at this job. It was a lot of fun even though some days were stressful. I got along with every co-worker and was able to become friends with all of them.
great place to work
Global Creative Director/Photography (Former Employee), Madison, WIMarch 9, 2015
Loved living in Madison, commute could be difficult in winter. staff is great, very talented people. Organized and friendly.
Enjoyably job, friendly co-workers, feels like a big family.
LEBO Order Processor (Current Employee), Reedsburg, WIMarch 9, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: hard to go full time
Hard to get full time.
Pay is good.
Hours, at times, are very low.
Face paced during peak times.
Management wants you to succeeded, so they are there every step of the way.
New chairs/desks are badly needed.
Break room is really nice.
Some customers are wonderful, but there's two rude ones for every nice one.
Prepare to push sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, meet new people everyday, employee discount
Cons: low pay, no incentives, pushy sales person
Working in the Lands End dept of Sears you will be pushed to sell and get credit card applicants. You are a lands end sales associate but work for sears, sears has the rules and direction for you to follow.
A fun and enjoyable place to work
Returns Processor (Former Employee), Reedsburg, WiFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: discounts
A good company to work for and give fair benefits. Very customer and employee oriented. Would work there again. Great hours , good training and updateing procedures. Standards set up to make jobs effective and efficient.
Great Place to work, lacking hrs / Health insurance
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Stevens Point, WisconsinFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: set your own schedule, work hrs you want
Cons: no health ins., limited hrs (29 max per week)
Work review at Lands end could not be better, although there is little to no job advancement, and from what I have seen the last few years, this is more of a dead end job. My work hrs were reduced from the typical 40 hr work week to no more than 29 x week, this was for all though out the Land's End Business
My day began at 8a.m. with 1/2 lunch . .and ended at 4pm.
I learned to love working from home, at 1st I was a bit afraid of how to reach out for assistance but they were very helpful with Online assistance. As far as supervision I give them an A+++ they are very concerned about your training, helping you develop the skills you will need to assist clients, you go through phases of training, and they are willing to work around your schedule to fit your needs as well. since I worked at the regional center for 6 months, people tend to group together with the graduating class you attended, turnover if a factor since there are Seasonal items, its very low traffic otherwise. Hardest part of my daily routine, is at time the client . .not been able to understand what they really want, or not sure of what program they signed up for, assisting store clerks / Assn Mngrs / Managers can also be a challenge since most people tend to have partial idea of how the program should work, and not how the program really works, this is when we are able to reach for support at any time, for assistance. I enjoy assisting clients, helping them with their purchase issues, been able to resolve their problems, and explain how the program works, like I said at times its a challange, but there are few people who just don't get it, no matter what.
Review
Clerical (Current Employee), Dodgeville, WIJanuary 30, 2015
The department that i am in does not have the availability for a full time status. My schedule is very uncertain because of work load.
Good company, horrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New JerseyJanuary 22, 2015
The customers that come to shop in Lands End are great. They are my favorite part of the job.

This job is very easy! Its based on customer service, so the most important part of the job is selling.

The management in Lands End is horrible. Not enough training, they are horrible at leading by example, they show favoritism, and don't hold anyone accountable.
Good Place to work, On Call hours are demanding
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Dodgeville, WIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: on call hours
A fine place to work with very good pay. The draw back is that you have to be on call 8 hours a week, on top of your scheduled hours, which can be hard to fit into your "flexible" schedule.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Plover, WIDecember 28, 2014
Pros: flexibility, job growth, great people, great pay, great benefits
Cons: short breaks, call times
I loved working for lands end, wish I didn't have to leave. They're very flexible with your schedule, and if you ever need anything they are amazingly helpful. I learned a lot about customer service from this wonderful company, including how to effectively make the customers happy. The hardest part of my job is the fact that I did have to deal with a lot of upset customers, but Lands End was great with helping me to learn to cope. The only downside in my opinion is that they are really strict with call times and how long you're on the phone. I think it should be more about making the customer happy vs the call time.
Excellent place to learn from the best in the business.
Copy Manager & Creative Director for Copy (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WIDecember 15, 2014
Pros: excellent compensation, ability to learn and grow, i was proud of the work i produced there
Cons: work/life balance can be challenging depending on your position in the organization
I learned how a highly successful retail company produces catalogs. I had the opportunity to collaborate with designers, individuals in quality control, merchants, and excellent art directors to produce highly effective marketing materials.

In addition to the opportunity to learn, grow, and advance I had great co-workers.

The toughest part of the job was that it was based in the midwest and I was not originally from that part of the country, so I missed my family.

It's true that as I advanced up the corporate ladder the work life balance became challenging. But I feel this is typical of large corporations.

I have lots of respect for Lands' End. I appreciate the time I spent working there.
Very rewarding meeting lots of people from around the world
Supervisor retail (Former Employee), PENZANCEDecember 12, 2014
Pros: having free lunch and during the late firework nights you get free tea
Cons: must be prepared to work long hours during the peak time
put the money in the till and open up put out stock that`s been delivered clean shelving and counter check exits and that everything is safe for the customer ; you must never take things for granted and no two days are the sameThe management have a good structure and works well we all work well as a team i find the hardest part is being short of staff but it makes up for it by meeting people and working in such a fantastic enviroment
not a company that supports workers
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee), Dodgeville, WINovember 18, 2014
First and Second shift, Supervisor's not trained enough, or Incompetent. the best part of job was co-workers

1 2 3 4 5