Landry's Restaurants Employee Reviews

I wish to speak in private
server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 10, 2015
Landrys is a good company but some they would require you to sell safari club memberships and if you did not make your quota each month you was made to attend what they called safari club bootcamp at 7am on a Saturday.and if you attended bootcamp more that 3 times in one year you lost your job....
Pros
meeting people fom around the world
Cons
having to sell safari club member ships.
Server (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 12, 2015
I like working for the company overall. I would just like a career not just a job. I am a single mother of two, I barely make enough money to cover my bills and provide for my family. I get governmental assistance and it's still barely enough...
Pizzas are all home made... Yum
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2015
Capi's Italian Kitchen had really good homemade food. The Pizzas were all made to order and thin crusted. Our coffees were also delicious after dinner.
Working for the company was extremely exhausting. You punch in and work and that was all there was to it. It was stressful on busy days. You never new you would even get a break.
Long work days, but can be very rewarding.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2015
The work days were often very long and tiring, but they always promised good pay. The turnover rate was extremely high there, so job security was a scare for the first year.
Pros
Money
Cons
Job security, long work days
Fun place to work
Group Sales Manager at Rainforest Cafe (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2015
Landry's restaurants offered great benefits to their employees. I enjoyed my time working for Rainforest Cafe and worked with an amazing team.
Pleasure Pier Galveston, terrible place to work.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasure Pier Galveston, TXJanuary 9, 2015
The management staff at Pleasure Pier is just awful. They are unprofessional and treat there employees like they are just a number. I was a ride operator there and the very first shift I worked 10 hours without even a bathroom break. The managers don't appreciate their employees and and talk down to them. The managers are all in there mid to upper twenties, from the east coast and very egotistical. Based on my experiance, I would never work for Landrys again.
If you fit the mold, you'll go far.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2015
This company definitely has a type of person that they prefer to hire as management.
Great growth potential, long hours for big rewards
Sr. Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2014
The company is growing rapidly. If you are willing to put in the time (70hr weeks) and relocating with relatively short notice(24hrs) the pay off is huge. The staff is great, management is approachable, and the guests are always happy.
Pros
employee discount is great
Cons
really long shifts, low quality of life.
Learned a lot about customer service
Front Desk Attendant and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair, MIOctober 13, 2014
I was cross trained as a receptionist, server, hostess, and administrative assistant.
Very exiting working place
Employee at Rainforest Café and T-Rex Cafe (Former Employee) –  Orlando, flOctober 4, 2014
At Landry's restaurants you can be really busy average; it is
Great Restaurant to work for, so professional.
Food & Beverage Controller (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 13, 2014
Very professional place to work for, they only hire the best in all departments. Everyone works hard and are happy to be there.

Cleaning and prepping in the morning to be ready for opening. Always ordering fresh foods daily for our customers. Everything is top of the line.

Management know what they are doing, and they do it very well.
Great company with excellent benefits
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 31, 2014
Through this employment opportunity I have learned how to deliver exceptional customer service, I received excellent benefits and most importantly, I enjoyed working.
Pros
50% employee discount, healthcare benefits, etc.
Unfriendly environment
Server (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJuly 18, 2014
Working for a Landry's restaurant, the environment was terrible. The manager was in a terrible mood all the time, he acted as though anything bad that happened was the servers' fault. The company as a whole didn't seem to care about their employees or their well-being. I would get called off at least 2 of my shifts a week, making no money. The company seemed to also only care about getting themselves more money. The point system they have in place is also terrible. If you had one bad week, it would mess you up for months at a time. I definitely suggest considering other options before working for this very, very corporate company.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
grumpy managers, no money, selfish company
Terrible company with zero communication or organization.
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  HonoluluJuly 17, 2014
Run fast in the other direction, and don't work here. Upper management lies and will have backroom meetings about you. This was the worst experience in 20 years in the business. Their training program was a disaster and then blamed me for their incompetence. They are still trying to fill the management position six months later. Nobody lasts, because they have impossible expectations..you must deliver perfection. The venue had incompetent security, and fights broke out every weekend.

If you feel like being degraded and undervalued, then Landrys is the company for you. Don't bother with the medical insurance...it will cost you a fortune. Obamacare is cheaper.

As I said...run.
Cons
bad, dishonest management, promises never kept, disorganized, terrible training, pass blame. expensive insurance...the cons are too many to type.
The only good thing was the Disneyland benefits
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  DisneylandMarch 4, 2014
If You don't Speak/Understand Spanish you Will Have A Very Tough Time Here.
There's Is Favoritism.
Pros
disney benifits
Cons
no team work
Group sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista FlJanuary 16, 2014
It was a good experience but I did not feel that they were setting me up for success.
Pros
disney benefits
Cons
no health insurance
Culture of Landry's and Upper Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 12, 2013
The most unprofessional upper management and liars ever seen in 20+ years in the business. During recruitment, they were extremely cordial and then, it's chaos. Their reputation is a disaster when talking to recruiters throughout the United States. Should have asked more questions before working for this dysfunctional outfit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
fear tactics and constant changes; upper management are idiots.
Mixed Feelings
Employee (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TxSeptember 18, 2013
I worked for the San Luis and the Fisherman's Wharf. I wouldn't ever work for Landry's again. The management is trained to constantly threaten employees. It's pretty easy to just do your job. The secret shops aren't bad. They hired two kids to run their cafe when I worked there. As long as you do what you are supposed to you have nothing to worry about. They just don't care about their employees. Forget about raises or getting promotions. They just want puppets and robots working for them.
Pros
consistent breaks, employee meals, discounts, and atmosphere
Cons
pay!!!! treatment, and bar uniforms
Worst Restaurant Corporation to work for..
Server (Former Employee) –  NorthridgeJuly 29, 2013
This corporation is so worried about paying employees and managers are so worried about "labor costs" the staff is cut down to a skeleton crew. Employees on the floor (hosts, servers, busser's) expected to do 3 positions. Pantry cooks are expected to make pizza, soups salads and desserts for 20 tables nearly impossible ticket times are high not to mention stressful for the pantry cook.Servers are slammed with tables one after another, managers do not help and expect perfect service. There service standards and steps to take with each table and servers are secret shopped and this is difficult to accomplish when handling 9 tables and servers are fired if standards are not met. Landrys Corporation wants to turn tables and would rather pack as many people in with limited amount of staff to save a dollar costing the guests experience. Unprofessional management often they say inappropriate things to employees and communication, teamwork and leadership is lacking. Servers feel verbally harassed and threatened at times.Management is quick to throw servers under the bus even if the food problem was a kitchen error. This was the general feeling among employees as being overworked and unappreciated. The restaurant I worked for was constantly running out of supplies again to save "money." Dishwasher doesn't clean dishes properly constantly wiping off glasses. The location I worked at in Southern California had rats and the management instead of calling EcoLab decided to handle things themselves making the problem even worse. After multiple tables saw the rat problem the management then  more... decided to take care of things with professional help. Most of the managers had no customer service and were willing to let guests leave if they were upset and not come back without resolving the situation. A few managers would come in and out who cared about the guest experience. They remolded the restaurant and I would constantly get comments about how horrible it looks and how they should have left it the way it was. By far one of the worst restaurants I have worked for. Run horribly, no support and no benefits.  less
Productive workplace that promotes teamwork
Server (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 27, 2013
Co-workers are very nice and management always makes sure to put their employees first. I've learned much about customer service and sales tactics throughout the job.

2.9