Landry's Restaurants Employee Reviews

Horribel work enviroment
Busser/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LA16 October 2016
Clock in,set up dining room and kitchen
How to prep food
Management is terrible
Some Co-workers are terrible
No enjoyable part of the job
No hard part of the job
Kinda ok
Busser (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LA16 October 2016
Go in clock in Set up Dining room and part of the kitchen
I learned how to prep food,how to clean tables,Ect. Ect.
Management is kinda Terrible,
Most co-workers are hard to work with
No hard part of the job
No enjoyable part of the job
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Fun place to woek
Server (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MN30 September 2016
I worked at the Rainforest Cafe and I love working there! The people are great and supportive. Everyone is always willing to help you out. The environment is so energetic it is hard not to smile when you come to work! Very kid friendly with the menu and the overall environment.
Pros
Free beverages 50% off meals while on the clock and off clock
Cons
Some kids are scared of the animatronics and cry.
Fast-paced work environment with a 5-diamond culture
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX21 September 2016
Working for Landry's offered me a great opportunity to grow my level of service standards and work among professionals that have a true passion to serve at the next level.
Pros
5-diamond culture
Cons
poor quality of life
Hard worker and ready to learn
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TX20 September 2016
kitchen employees are hard workers and work as a team really great . Some server are the same but at the same time you have those employees that you wish you wouldn't wanna work with.
Great fun place to work that really focuses on core values
Front Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX19 September 2016
Love how the company takes care of their employees by having an open door policy. The values and standards that Landry's upholds is always being perfected to ensure quality.
Pros
Free shift meals, 50% at any other restaurant
Cons
healthcare
Fast-pace work environment
Busser/Server (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, IL15 September 2016
A typical day at work included multitasking, heavy-lifting and eight-hour shifts. I learned exceptional customer service and hosting skills. My managers are very talented and taught me how to be a great employee. I have long-lasting relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is receiving enough hours and the most enjoyable part about the job is the constant communication with customers and staff.
Pros
Great pay, co-workers and environment
Cons
Limited hours
Such a good place to start your career
Waitstaff (Current Employee) –  Galveston Island, TX14 September 2016
I am working for my restaurant as a full time employee. Being on the Island means being dependent on the season. Summer/Spring break are extremely busy but winter season is honestly pushing you to find a second job. My overall experience with the Company is good. I am enjoying my workplace and my team. This is definitely a good place to start your career as I can see it. You gotta start with a regular waitstaff position and try to move on to the Supervisor which is not hard at all (if you are not lazy) after supervising for up to 12 month youll be able to transfer to any of 500+ US locations as a regular manager which is really cool. Corporate positions are always available with the degree 'preferred'. So yea would recommend this Company to my friends.
Human resources is not very responsive to your requests tho.
Pros
50% off food price at all LANDRYS owned properties, hotel discounts.
Cons
Management, human resources
great place
Ambassador Program (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX13 September 2016
a great place to work at with a great staff I would recommend it to anybody that is interested such a great place to work you couldn't ask for anything more
Corporate Big Brother
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 August 2016
I feel I must begin this with a caveat. It was here that I learned I was not meant to work for big corporations.

I thoroughly enjoyed my position at Landry's due to having the ability to work without being micro managed. That being said, alot of time was spent watching management try to run a day care full of women (and some men) that were more interested in socializing than getting the job done.

Landry's helped to set my path in what I would find as being a career in accounting. I will forever be grateful for the knowledge I obtained while there. The promise for advancement however was the light at the end of an extremely long tunnel with many obstacles that seemed to have no end in sight while trying to stand out from 100 others that were trying to reach the end of that tunnel as well.
Pros
Independent working space, gym in building, catered lunches and social events
Cons
Management lacking knowledge in management skills, Extremely low leveled employees put in to train new employees
Great location
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC31 July 2016
I work in the highest traffic location in Charlotte. Easy money if you are good with people. I help train new servers and work with management to implement new upselling strategies.
I wish to speak in private
server (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FL10 December 2015
Landrys is a good company but some they would require you to sell safari club memberships and if you did not make your quota each month you was made to attend what they called safari club bootcamp at 7am on a Saturday.and if you attended bootcamp more that 3 times in one year you lost your job....
Pros
meeting people fom around the world
Cons
having to sell safari club member ships.
Server (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TX12 November 2015
I like working for the company overall. I would just like a career not just a job. I am a single mother of two, I barely make enough money to cover my bills and provide for my family. I get governmental assistance and it's still barely enough...
Fun guest oriented environment.
Sweet Scoops Manager (Current Employee) –  Kemah, TX3 November 2015
Customer service is always first. I have learned the behind the scenes operations including order placements, inventory management and schedule making. There are a large variety of opportunities throughout the park that an employee can help contribute to the operations of whether it is in a store, banquet or a large outdoor event.
Pizzas are all home made... Yum
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL29 October 2015
Capi's Italian Kitchen had really good homemade food. The Pizzas were all made to order and thin crusted. Our coffees were also delicious after dinner.
Working for the company was extremely exhausting. You punch in and work and that was all there was to it. It was stressful on busy days. You never new you would even get a break.
Long work days, but can be very rewarding.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL24 August 2015
The work days were often very long and tiring, but they always promised good pay. The turnover rate was extremely high there, so job security was a scare for the first year.
Pros
Money
Cons
Job security, long work days
Fun place to work
Group Sales Manager at Rainforest Cafe (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX8 July 2015
Landry's restaurants offered great benefits to their employees. I enjoyed my time working for Rainforest Cafe and worked with an amazing team.
Pleasure Pier Galveston, terrible place to work.
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Pleasure Pier Galveston, TX9 January 2015
The management staff at Pleasure Pier is just awful. They are unprofessional and treat there employees like they are just a number. I was a ride operator there and the very first shift I worked 10 hours without even a bathroom break. The managers don't appreciate their employees and and talk down to them. The managers are all in there mid to upper twenties, from the east coast and very egotistical. Based on my experiance, I would never work for Landrys again.
If you fit the mold, you'll go far.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX4 January 2015
This company definitely has a type of person that they prefer to hire as management.
Great growth potential, long hours for big rewards
Sr. Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX12 November 2014
The company is growing rapidly. If you are willing to put in the time (70hr weeks) and relocating with relatively short notice(24hrs) the pay off is huge. The staff is great, management is approachable, and the guests are always happy.
Pros
Employee discount is great
Cons
Really long shifts, low quality of life.

2.6