Landry's Inc. Employee Reviews

Manager Jaded and Aggressive
LEAD HOSTESS, CHART HOUSE (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR1 February 2018
The general manager definitely played favorites when it came to her employees. She would bait people with shifts or cut hours if you called out for sick days.
N/a
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL14 January 2018
This company is a revolving door of employees. although I enjoyed my time with them, the problem is associated with the corporate aspect of the company. Management is constantly trying to gain approval from corporate by enforcing regulations designed by individuals whom never worked as a front line employee. This type of corporate control decreases moral.
Good Atmosphere, Bad Benefits
Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX9 January 2018
Saltgrass Steak House has a large amount of loyal guests due to the delicious food, good service and atmosphere Landry's has created which is beneficial for servers and bartenders making tips. However, servers are only paid tip wage (2.13/hour), receive no benefits, and must pay for the discount program and the job security is very low as a single bad guest complaint can get you fired.
Pros
Atmosphere, Busy, Good Food
Cons
No Benefits, Low Hourly Pay and No Job Security
Boss was a pig
Server/Server Assistant/Hostess (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TX7 January 2018
Hit on all the women working there, repeatedly touched me in ways he shouldn't as a boss.The people I worked with where what kept me there so long. The management doesn't care about their employees and neither does the owner. All they are is money hungry.
Pros
cool people
Cons
inappropriate management
Productive and fun work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kemah Boardwalk28 December 2017
Great team based work environment. Flexible to daily life experiences. Very safe and fun work place. Quality expectations of customer service are a must.
Poor management.
Server (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TX27 December 2017
You can make very good tips at this restaurant. The only problem I had with this company was very poor management. I was not treated fairly and was told I was unreliable because I called in a few times due to family being in the hospital and then I got bronchitis. Would not recommend working at the odessa location.
Pros
Discounts. Good tips.
Cons
Management. Lack of sympathy.
It was easy going.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kemah, TX18 December 2017
The mnager had favorites.. she made it very obvious by how she treated people under her. It was very hot outside however they had a water team bring water and u check on everyone.
Fun, Productive, Team Work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MS15 December 2017
Love the atmosphere there!! Different world within this Company! The world of excellent hospitality and friendly staff. The hardest part about this job is that I am forced to relocate to give my mother her medical attention, due to Parents not being able to be listed as a dependent. I learned a lot being here with this company.Thank you Landry's for allowing me to be apart of your team!!
Pros
the staff and guests
Cons
Medical cost and having a sick mother relying on me to put her on my insurance, this company does not allow her to become my dependent so I can keep her on her oxygen.
typical day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX11 December 2017
You have to stay on your feet at all times ready to go and provide a WILD experience for the customers. The managers and supervisors will visit frequently to make sure everything is in order.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO10 December 2017
Fast paced environment, fun loving people keep the fast pace enjoyable. Managers who truly wanted to help you succeed and willing to teach you a better way.
El ambiete es agradable
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 December 2017
Un buen lugar para trabajar, tiene todos lo necesario para un empleado
Definitely not worth it
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  California26 November 2017
Corporate Management did not seem to care about employee issues. I was a manager and that did not matter. I was expected to work 12 hour days while my direct supervisor who was also equal to my title worked 7 hours. They made sure to cover up their discrimination, so nothing could be done. The stress is not worth it. Benefits are really expensive, and you only get a discount if you pay for it.
Camaraderie and Dynamic Environment
Server (Waiter) (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TX22 November 2017
In the fast paced, dynamic, environment the staff had a unified (yet unprofessional behind the scenes) feel to them. Fun, but hard work. We earned every penny.
Pros
Teamwork and paid time off
Cons
Short breaks and long hours
Best job I ever had
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 November 2017
High volume theme restautant, never a dull moment. Instills team work, integrity, and work ethics. Provides constant training and advancement.
The training the compamy provides is top notch. I was sent to Dallas for 8 weeks of training for the position of Front of House, even though I was starting as the Sales manager. They want to make sure everyone in charge is comfortable with various jobs within the restaurant.
fast pace on some days and slow pace on others
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NV8 November 2017
I enjoyed working with food and other people who enjoyed the same thing. During the summer hours were good, once winter came the hours were dropped significantly.
Pros
fun, friendly place to work.
Cons
little hours.
very welcoming and fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL2 November 2017
A typical day at work was greeting guests as they came in and left the building. I learned that with many guests it's sometimes hard to make them all happy. The hardest part would be dealing with some of the other employees sometimes and the unhappy guests. The best part about the job is meeting and becoming friends with coworkers.
Pros
Discount for yourself and five others, 401k
Cons
Healthcare, management sometimes
Trainer
SERVER/CERTIFIED TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TX1 November 2017
Trainer and management program. Excellent wait staff as well as management. Love the food and drinks. Culture that allows you build in confidences and character.
Pros
Fun all day
Cons
late nights
good company to work for
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI30 October 2017
Good company to work for, opportunities to advance your career, health care, paid vacations, training is difficult but it is worth it, I have learned a lot about customer service.
Relaxed and Fast Pace
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 October 2017
I enjoy working at Landry's. The job is fairly easy. The management are helpful. I feel the compensation and benefits come be better. But who wouldn't?
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
healthcare
They fake
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI24 October 2017
I was a hard worker and I thought I would be there for yrs to come as soon as I called in/no showed for the 1st time I was fired and there are others who do it all the time with no worries of being fired others in need of write ups but they won't write them up cause they have too many write ups and they would have to let them go if they do so and on top of it they fought my unemployment as if I didn't earn it they smile in yo face all while back door in you good luck there cause u will need it they all fake at Charley's Crab
Pros
They can be nice
Cons
But they are back stabbers so never get caught up in the smiles

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landry's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.