Landry's Inc. Employee Reviews

Front of House Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO10 December 2017
Fast paced environment, fun loving people keep the fast pace enjoyable. Managers who truly wanted to help you succeed and willing to teach you a better way.
El ambiete es agradable
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX3 December 2017
Un buen lugar para trabajar, tiene todos lo necesario para un empleado
Definitely not worth it
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  California26 November 2017
Corporate Management did not seem to care about employee issues. I was a manager and that did not matter. I was expected to work 12 hour days while my direct supervisor who was also equal to my title worked 7 hours. They made sure to cover up their discrimination, so nothing could be done. The stress is not worth it. Benefits are really expensive, and you only get a discount if you pay for it.
Best job I ever had
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 November 2017
High volume theme restautant, never a dull moment. Instills team work, integrity, and work ethics. Provides constant training and advancement.
The training the compamy provides is top notch. I was sent to Dallas for 8 weeks of training for the position of Front of House, even though I was starting as the Sales manager. They want to make sure everyone in charge is comfortable with various jobs within the restaurant.
fast pace on some days and slow pace on others
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NV8 November 2017
I enjoyed working with food and other people who enjoyed the same thing. During the summer hours were good, once winter came the hours were dropped significantly.
Pros
fun, friendly place to work.
Cons
little hours.
very welcoming and fun
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FL2 November 2017
A typical day at work was greeting guests as they came in and left the building. I learned that with many guests it's sometimes hard to make them all happy. The hardest part would be dealing with some of the other employees sometimes and the unhappy guests. The best part about the job is meeting and becoming friends with coworkers.
Pros
Discount for yourself and five others, 401k
Cons
Healthcare, management sometimes
Trainer
SERVER/CERTIFIED TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TX1 November 2017
Trainer and management program. Excellent wait staff as well as management. Love the food and drinks. Culture that allows you build in confidences and character.
Pros
Fun all day
Cons
late nights
good company to work for
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI30 October 2017
Good company to work for, opportunities to advance your career, health care, paid vacations, training is difficult but it is worth it, I have learned a lot about customer service.
Relaxed and Fast Pace
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX30 October 2017
I enjoy working at Landry's. The job is fairly easy. The management are helpful. I feel the compensation and benefits come be better. But who wouldn't?
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
healthcare
They fake
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MI24 October 2017
I was a hard worker and I thought I would be there for yrs to come as soon as I called in/no showed for the 1st time I was fired and there are others who do it all the time with no worries of being fired others in need of write ups but they won't write them up cause they have too many write ups and they would have to let them go if they do so and on top of it they fought my unemployment as if I didn't earn it they smile in yo face all while back door in you good luck there cause u will need it they all fake at Charley's Crab
Pros
They can be nice
Cons
But they are back stabbers so never get caught up in the smiles
Amazing management and opportunities for growth
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX10 October 2017
Absolutely love this company. Great experience working here throughout the years. Cross training is the best way to go. So many opportunities for each department.
I enjoy working for Landry's
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CA9 October 2017
I work part-time as a bartender/server at Rainforest Cafe. We have a very good team atmosphere there like I have seen at no other! My coworkers and I love each other and work great as a team. I've learned patience, compassion, and forgiveness while employed there. We have a management that really listens and will help to see you succeed. I enjoy working with the public and helping people. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult people. It isn't always easy but I've learned through the coaching of my management how to deal with folks with grace and understanding. Most enjoyable part is working with the kids, seeing their faces light up while they are there. Unfortunately I am not getting enough working hours to live off of so I must seek other opportunities.
Pros
Opportunity to make money, helping people enjoy themselves, discounted meals, working with a great staff
Cons
Hours on your feet and sometimes very fast paced
Stepping Stone
Lead Host (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CA5 October 2017
Good career opportunity for younger adults and students seeking to build work experience. Hours are flexible enough to attend school and/or work a secondary job.
Pros
Fun coworker's and great discounted food
Cons
Must work weeeknds and holidays, no holiday pay or overtime
Fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX30 September 2017
You get to interact with people from all around the world you just need to give it time and you will end up liking it their you have to have a lot of patience
Great team work
Server (waitress) and Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GA20 September 2017
The work system at Landry's restaurants makes your job even more easier, and it helps to built a great team work between co-workers. In every Landry's restaurant that I had the opportunity to work at, the Management was very understandable and friendly which helps to keep a positive environment.
Ping Pong Tables
Server (Former Employee) –  Kemah, TX17 September 2017
Managed closing duties, and opening.
Treated my entire section as one table.
Promoted and endorsed the company to bring in new business.
The guest.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced
Host Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kemah, TX3 September 2017
Most days are slow but Friday nights- Sunday nights are extremely fast paced and a bit stressful. I learned some patience, how to handle upset guests, and better costumer service. The management most of the time was very good, sometimes unfair. The workplace was fun considering it was based on a movie. We had trivia we could play with the guests and our restaurant was themed after Forrest Gump. The hardest part of the job was dealing with very upset guests, especially over wait times or lazy employees that we would have to clean up after (i.e have to re-clean or re-sweep a table because they did not clean it correctly). An annoying part of being a host trainer was training people that did not seem to care about the job whatsoever and having to continuously correct their mistakes throughout the training process or even after the training process. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team I got to work with. Most of them are very hardworking with a great work ethic.
Pros
awesome team
Cons
short breaks and you have to pay to have a discount on food
Friendly warm work environment
Host (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ3 September 2017
I love working at my job. I absolutely love everyone that I work with and am so glad that I get to tell people that I like my job. I just wish that I could advance my career.
Pros
Employee discount program
Cons
Low pay
Work culture based on who's friends with who
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 September 2017
Everything is based on who likes who. Simple as that. No flexibility in work hours. Micro managed. Horrible benefits and underpaid. Systems and reporting aren't good.
Pros
good food in cafeteria
Cons
poor benefits. poor management. no proper HR.
Not the best place to work at
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TX31 August 2017
A typical day at work would be clocking In and going straight to the host stand. Due pre shift duties and atomically greeting customers as they walk in and seating them and handing out the menus. In this job I've learned how to communicate with others as well how to work under pressure. The management of the restaurant is not the best. The hardest part of this job has to be not only accomplishing the guests needs but as well as the managers and servers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Working Hours, Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landry's Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.