Landmark Home Solutions

Landmark Home Solutions Employee Reviews

Good Environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON19 June 2016
I really enjoy working at Landmark. It's really a place where it is what you make it - if you go in dreading your shift and act really negative about it then it really won't be a good place for you to work but if you're really open minded, positive and can keep your cool then it is really a nice place to work. It's laid back, easy, encouraging, entertaining (for sure) and you can make money by challenging yourself!
Pros
complimentary food, hours, commision AND hourly wage, people, entertainment
Cons
some rude people on the phone
Landmark is a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold23 January 2014
Landmark is a great place to work! There is free parking and it is easily accessible by bus. There is completive pay with monthly bonuses, a flexible schedule as well as Benefits!
Your co-workers are friendly, with upbeat supervisors and management. Your day typically starts out with a team huddle and a daily joke.
When booking appointments the program that is used is simple and easy to follow, with very basic computer skills you would have no problems. The equipment that you use is not out dated, and the center is kept quite clean.
There is a separate lunch room with a fridge, kettle and microwaves, along with vending machines.
The script is simple, and does change, however it is kept in front of you at all times.
Landmark is a great place to work, with room for advancement. You get what you put in
This company should zero stars out of 5
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ON27 February 2013
I worked for Landmark as a sales rep for approximately six months. This company is either very disorganized, or very dishonest, or possibly some combination of the two. I have never seen such inconsistency with policies, one week a new initiative might be implemented, another week it's not there.
Staff turnover at the main office was brutal. Colleagues who were praised for their work would be suddenly gone a week or two later, without any explanation.

The job itself consisted of driving all over hell's half acre; for a meeting with a client that might not even be there. Although I did enjoy the in-home selling. Lastly, I will say that I'm currently in a legal battle to get Landmark to pay several thousands of dollars in commissions owed to me (and I'm not the first one to do that).

I strongly recommend against working for this company.
Pros
most of the people i worked with were pleasant, i think you can make good money assuming you get paid
Cons
long hours, all expenses paid on your dime (do you enjoy 1600 kms a week in your car), inconsistency with pay (or no pay at all!)
Fantastic place to work!
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON26 January 2014
I have worked for Landmark since 2011 and have gained so much experience through the positions I have taken in the company. I have been given the opportunity to climb the ladder and have received advancement opportunities in the company. When I started here in 2011, I was originally hired as a call centre agent in the marketing department. I had a conversation with my manager over how I would love to be considered for other positions in the company should the opportunity arise and just 9 months into my employment I was offered the chance to take on another position. Since then I have taken on more responsibility and have learned so much about the company.
You are treated like family at Landmark. Management knows each and every person on an individual level which you don't often find nowadays.
Overall, Landmark is a great place to be, and I enjoy my time at work everyday!
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Treated like Family
Used as much as possible, then FIRED!
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines and NOTL30 April 2014
I was there 8months(surprised I lasted that long). Management lies to you. Location in NOTL was not healthy with call centre and production together when you walk through there. Doctor told me it was making me ill. Noticed they moved now. Lol. I made bonus always and even being ill and missing some work due to no fault of my own. Had some doctor notes but didn't have one and when asked if it was ok, told it was and I was fine. End of that day...JW fired me(parting ways). Lol. I said fighting it and I did and received my EI. The leads you call are awful. Horrible place.
Pros
Maybe the money you make sometimes
Cons
Management, favouritism, drugs, leads, bonus scams.
Lies.
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 July 2015
So I was hired "full-time" and get invited to my first shift that started at 5pm when I was told full time shifts are usually started around 9 or 10am. I was then informed by other coworkers that I am part time. Wasn't that great to be told by people you work with rather than work for? What's worse is that Landmark has posted two of the same positions for full time hours since I got hired. They messed up already on my second paycheque and they were not willing to cut a cheque, DO NOT WORK FOR LANDMARK. Their employees are great to be around but I could most definitely not say the same for management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Mundane and repetitive scripting that has no efficiency, they market to the same people who are not interested, being counter productive and ruining brand reputation, Poor and rushed training: one 4 hour shift of shadowing
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 January 2014
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work. It's a family owned company where they treat each and every employee like part of the family. The staff is friendly and fun to work with. Management and supervisors listen to you, know you as a person not as an employee number and treat you with respect. There are advancement opportunities for people that want to work and not just earn a pay cheque. I finally found a job that I enjoy going to each and every day.
Pros
Flexible hours, excellent atmosphere and easily accessible
Management ranges from "don't care" to screaming fits!!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON7 November 2015
Personally, I was never yelled at but, it was extremely uncomfortable to have coworkers sitting next to you while the manager yelled at them-in front of call centre staff. Unprofessional and erratic. The owner has no idea what goes on or does not care what goes on in the call centre area.
Some staff have been there a long time and so get away with not calling out.
The worst part is that the company has used the same call out list for over 11 years and so you may speak to a person that has already received a call that day. They yell at you and threaten you. Really, how many times can a person decline Landmark windows, gutter system or finished basement systems, without getting upset?
Best decision I made was to leave!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great Place to Work
Recruitment and Training (HR) Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines27 May 2013
Landmark Home Solutions, has a very unique culture. The company as a whole thrives on positivity and motivation. The ownership and management are very "down to earth." We give and expect respect, and have a fantastic quality product which underlines all that we do. I highly recommend it as a place to work.
Pros
The respect
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Thorold, Ontario6 April 2014
I have been employed by Landmark for 6 months and I personally have enjoyed being apart of the team. The other employees and management are very kind and helpful. We start each morning with a joke and we are motivated all day by kind words and/or incentives. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the odd difficult potential customer or not meeting meeting my lead quota per week. It can be frustrating, however the management team has been very supportive.
If you are looking for work that is reliable and you want to work in a positive work environment then Landmark is the right place for you!
Pros
Great hours
Great company to work for and grow with!
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON10 July 2015
I have worked for Landmark for just over a year. In my own personal experiences, I have found both coworkers and management to be a pleasure to work with. The job itself can be a bit daunting at times, however, the work environment is quite positive and fun. It is a call center with banker's hours, virtually...you can't really beat that! All in all, a great experience thus far.
Pros
work hours
Cons
unpleasant calls, at times
I love working for landmark it's a great place to work everyone is so nice and management is very encouraging
Call centre agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines ont.1 April 2014
When we start the day we are given jokes or encouraging words everything that is expected of us is stated,if you make a mistake management helps you correct it instead if making a big deal of it, games are played to get next day leads that include cash and paid time off .we give away cash prizes all the time and try to give back to the communities that helped us get where we are today ,the people at landmark are very kind and everyone gets along great.the hardest part of the job is some people on the phones are not as nice as others and you need to just let it roll off your back and don't take it personally the the best part of the job is some people you talk to are very nice and you can really enjoy the conversations you have with them,plus of course you get really great bonuses every month I have gotten one every month and it really makes a difference, I recommend working for landmark for sure.
Pros
Great monthly bonuses great management
Cons
Keeping up with you leads rude people
To summarise Landmark has given me the opprtunity to be all I can be and to do what I love to do. Best place I ever worked
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON30 January 2014
Landmark is a great place to work. I am on the road meeting potential customers and helping them decide on improvements to their home. I have learned a great deal on how their system works and their product knowledge. I enjoy the freedoms and the responsibilities this job offers. The management is very supportive any questions and concerns are quickly dealt with and addressed. The co workers are also supportive and very friendly. The hardest part of my job would be driving in bad weather conditions and having to accept that the customer is unable to take advantage of what we have to offer them. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the customers bringing a smile to their face when they are happy with the decision I helped them with. I would recommend this company to anyone who is enthusiastic and drivin for this opportunity.
Pros
You get out of it what you put in to it.
Cons
Sometimes customers dont show up for appointments.
WORST LEADS EVER
Sales (Former Employee) –  Thorald14 March 2014
Do not even think of working for this company if you are a professional sales person. The qualified leads they promise you are people who think that they need to sit through your presentation to qualify for a 10000 dollar renovation much like a vacuum cleaner sales job. Very long hours and a lot of mileage which is unpaid.
When you can't talk someone into new windows for their 3 years house they try to make you feel guilty and tell you you can't sell.
Any good reviews are from head office trying to make this look like a good place to work IT IS NOT.
Pros
non
Cons
everything about this job
Great place to work!
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON15 January 2014
Overall a great company to work for and by far the best
company I've worked for. I like the fact that we are calling "from" and not "on behalf of" Landmark Home Solutions. We are an important part of a company that makes top quality windows. It is a family owned business and and I feel like part of the family.

Management is great and we are treated fairly and with respect.
I hope I can be a part of this company for many more years.
Pros
Good hours, great management, opportunity to make commission as well as hourly pay.
Great Place To Work
spraypainter (Current Employee) –  st catharines29 August 2015
Love working here, management and co workers are incredible, its like a family in there, lots of respect and everyone is treated equal and no pressure
Pros
no stress
horrible place to work
can operator (Former Employee) –  loading4 March 2015
Please everyone avoid this place, working for landmark has to be one if the worst decisions I have ever made, the people here are rude and management shows favouritism to certain employees, and if your not one your crapped on. If your looking for respect and a friendly work environment look somewhere else!
Pros
a paycheck (when they actually pay you)
Cons
people, management, payroll
Worst place I have ever worked!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  St.Catharines/Thorold16 December 2014
Management are disrespectful and treat Call Centre Reps like they are uneducated and children. Landmark needs to realize that marketing to the same database over and over and over again, is not effective. It is neverproductive to ridicule or yell in front of others.
If I could have given a lower rating I would have.
Pros
I no longer work there!!
Cons
I used to work there...
Not everyone works...
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold2 October 2014
I have been here a short time in the call centre. It irritates me no end that only some of the workers take phone calls. Other staff sign off and talk and do no work. There is definite favouritism!

One manager works hard and the other is a social butterfly.

Upper management is rude and disrespectful. Do they even know what the call reps are doing? Or rather not doing...
Family
Booker (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ON21 January 2014
I have been employed with Landmark Home Solutions for 3 years now. I have to say this has been one the greatest experiences job wise that I have had. Each day is something new, new goals, new tasks.
The Managers treat all of the employees with respect, They always begin each shift with stories or jokes to start your day off right.
This is a family owned and operated business, and when you are an employee of Landmarks you also become a member of the family.
As for my co-workers, I have had the pleasure of meeting some really great people that I now call my friends.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the public, but to get respect you have to give it first.
Most enjoyable part of this job for me would have to be all of the people I work with and work for. Knowing we all have the same common goal in mind each day. "to get that for tomorrow"
Pros
Feels like a Family

2.9