Landmark Home Solutions Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 19, 2016
I really enjoy working at Landmark. It's really a place where it is what you make it - if you go in dreading your shift and act really negative about it then it really won't be a good place for you to work but if you're really open minded, positive and can keep your cool then it is really a nice place to work. It's laid back, easy, encouraging, entertaining (for sure) and you can make money by challenging yourself!
Pros
complimentary food, hours, commision AND hourly wage, people, entertainment
Cons
some rude people on the phone
Management ranges from "don't care" to screaming fits!!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONNovember 7, 2015
Personally, I was never yelled at but, it was extremely uncomfortable to have coworkers sitting next to you while the manager yelled at them-in front of call centre staff. Unprofessional and erratic. The owner has no idea what goes on or does not care what goes on in the call centre area.
Some staff have been there a long time and so get away with not calling out.
The worst part is that the company has used the same call out list for over 11 years and so you may speak to a person that has already received a call that day. They yell at you and threaten you. Really, how many times can a person decline Landmark windows, gutter system or finished basement systems, without getting upset?
Best decision I made was to leave!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great company to work for and grow with!
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJuly 10, 2015
I have worked for Landmark for just over a year. In my own personal experiences, I have found both coworkers and management to be a pleasure to work with. The job itself can be a bit daunting at times, however, the work environment is quite positive and fun. It is a call center with banker's hours, virtually...you can't really beat that! All in all, a great experience thus far.
Pros
work hours
Cons
unpleasant calls, at times
Lies.
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 21, 2015
So I was hired "full-time" and get invited to my first shift that started at 5pm when I was told full time shifts are usually started around 9 or 10am. I was then informed by other coworkers that I am part time. Wasn't that great to be told by people you work with rather than work for? What's worse is that Landmark has posted two of the same positions for full time hours since I got hired. They messed up already on my second paycheque and they were not willing to cut a cheque, DO NOT WORK FOR LANDMARK. Their employees are great to be around but I could most definitely not say the same for management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Mundane and repetitive scripting that has no efficiency, they market to the same people who are not interested, being counter productive and ruining brand reputation, Poor and rushed training: one 4 hour shift of shadowing
Great Place To Work
spraypainter (Current Employee) –  st catharinesAugust 29, 2015
Love working here, management and co workers are incredible, its like a family in there, lots of respect and everyone is treated equal and no pressure
Pros
no stress
horrible place to work
can operator (Former Employee) –  loadingMarch 4, 2015
Please everyone avoid this place, working for landmark has to be one if the worst decisions I have ever made, the people here are rude and management shows favouritism to certain employees, and if your not one your crapped on. If your looking for respect and a friendly work environment look somewhere else!
Pros
a paycheck (when they actually pay you)
Cons
people, management, payroll
Worst place I have ever worked!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  St.Catharines/ThoroldDecember 16, 2014
Management are disrespectful and treat Call Centre Reps like they are uneducated and children. Landmark needs to realize that marketing to the same database over and over and over again, is not effective. It is neverproductive to ridicule or yell in front of others.
If I could have given a lower rating I would have.
Pros
i no longer work there!!
Cons
i used to work there...
Avoid this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold ONOctober 3, 2014
Landmark windows is a second rate employer. They push employees very hard to mislead people into setting up people for an in home appointment. Their windows are very expensive and sales tactics they tell employees to use are very forceful and misleading. The manager is very miserable and frequently yells at employees and chatises employees who do not set up enough appointments. The pay is very low at $11 a hour and there is virtually no commission. Personally i would not recommend working for them.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
low pay nagging managers, bad overpriced windows
Not everyone works...
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  ThoroldOctober 2, 2014
I have been here a short time in the call centre. It irritates me no end that only some of the workers take phone calls. Other staff sign off and talk and do no work. There is definite favouritism!

One manager works hard and the other is a social butterfly.

Upper management is rude and disrespectful. Do they even know what the call reps are doing? Or rather not doing...
Used as much as possible, then FIRED!
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines and NOTLApril 30, 2014
I was there 8months(surprised I lasted that long). Management lies to you. Location in NOTL was not healthy with call centre and production together when you walk through there. Doctor told me it was making me ill. Noticed they moved now. Lol. I made bonus always and even being ill and missing some work due to no fault of my own. Had some doctor notes but didn't have one and when asked if it was ok, told it was and I was fine. End of that day...JW fired me(parting ways). Lol. I said fighting it and I did and received my EI. The leads you call are awful. Horrible place.
Pros
maybe the money you make sometimes
Cons
management, favouritism, drugs, leads, bonus scams.
Enjoyable Coworkers
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  ThoroldApril 13, 2014
I've worked at a few call centers and this is the best. The job itself can be repetitive but company is very family oriented and understanding of peoples lives outside of work. I really enjoy all the people I work with. I also find that its nice to actually be calling from the company I work for rather then being contracted out by some huge company calling god knows where. When I give them the 1-800 number I can tell them they'll be calling one of the 8 people in the room next to me rather then some huge call center where there is no communication between departments.
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Thorold, OntarioApril 6, 2014
I have been employed by Landmark for 6 months and I personally have enjoyed being apart of the team. The other employees and management are very kind and helpful. We start each morning with a joke and we are motivated all day by kind words and/or incentives. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the odd difficult potential customer or not meeting meeting my lead quota per week. It can be frustrating, however the management team has been very supportive.
If you are looking for work that is reliable and you want to work in a positive work environment then Landmark is the right place for you!
Pros
great hours
WORST LEADS EVER
Sales (Former Employee) –  ThoraldMarch 14, 2014
Do not even think of working for this company if you are a professional sales person. The qualified leads they promise you are people who think that they need to sit through your presentation to qualify for a 10000 dollar renovation much like a vacuum cleaner sales job. Very long hours and a lot of mileage which is unpaid.
When you can't talk someone into new windows for their 3 years house they try to make you feel guilty and tell you you can't sell.
Any good reviews are from head office trying to make this look like a good place to work IT IS NOT.
Pros
non
Cons
everything about this job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work. It's a family owned company where they treat each and every employee like part of the family. The staff is friendly and fun to work with. Management and supervisors listen to you, know you as a person not as an employee number and treat you with respect. There are advancement opportunities for people that want to work and not just earn a pay cheque. I finally found a job that I enjoy going to each and every day.
Pros
flexible hours, excellent atmosphere and easily accessible
Great place to work!
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Overall a great company to work for and by far the best
company I've worked for. I like the fact that we are calling "from" and not "on behalf of" Landmark Home Solutions. We are an important part of a company that makes top quality windows. It is a family owned business and and I feel like part of the family.

Management is great and we are treated fairly and with respect.
I hope I can be a part of this company for many more years.
Pros
good hours, great management, opportunity to make commission as well as hourly pay.
boring and repetitive with little satisfaction.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 18, 2013
Calling several people each day and trying to engage them in the product. I learned that I did not want to do the job very long. There wasnt much time with coworkers and I excel when there is a social element to the job. The hardest part of the job was the repetative nature and bordom. The most enjoyable part was the pay cheque.
Pros
learned to fine tune my people skills
Cons
bordom
Landmark is a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ThoroldJanuary 23, 2014
Landmark is a great place to work! There is free parking and it is easily accessible by bus. There is completive pay with monthly bonuses, a flexible schedule as well as Benefits!
Your co-workers are friendly, with upbeat supervisors and management. Your day typically starts out with a team huddle and a daily joke.
When booking appointments the program that is used is simple and easy to follow, with very basic computer skills you would have no problems. The equipment that you use is not out dated, and the center is kept quite clean.
There is a separate lunch room with a fridge, kettle and microwaves, along with vending machines.
The script is simple, and does change, however it is kept in front of you at all times.
Landmark is a great place to work, with room for advancement. You get what you put in
Family
Booker (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJanuary 21, 2014
I have been employed with Landmark Home Solutions for 3 years now. I have to say this has been one the greatest experiences job wise that I have had. Each day is something new, new goals, new tasks.
The Managers treat all of the employees with respect, They always begin each shift with stories or jokes to start your day off right.
This is a family owned and operated business, and when you are an employee of Landmarks you also become a member of the family.
As for my co-workers, I have had the pleasure of meeting some really great people that I now call my friends.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the public, but to get respect you have to give it first.
Most enjoyable part of this job for me would have to be all of the people I work with and work for. Knowing we all have the same common goal in mind each day. "to get that for tomorrow"
Pros
feels like a family
Great gig
Telesales Rep (Former Employee) –  St. CatharinesOctober 30, 2012
I really enjoyed my time with Landmark, for most of 2012.

Like anywhere else I was expected to produce but the job was easy, the managers very laid back and easy going, and the over all experience was positive.

I only left to go to school in another city. When I return, I'll reapply.

Great place, good money, great experience.
Pros
easy job, good money
Cons
it's telemarketing.
Great Place to Work
Recruitment and Training (HR) Manager (Current Employee) –  St. CatharinesMay 27, 2013
Landmark Home Solutions, has a very unique culture. The company as a whole thrives on positivity and motivation. The ownership and management are very "down to earth." We give and expect respect, and have a fantastic quality product which underlines all that we do. I highly recommend it as a place to work.
Pros
the respect

2.9