Landmark Home Solutions

Landmark Home Solutions Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work.
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Thorold, OntarioApril 6, 2014
Pros: great hours
I have been employed by Landmark for 6 months and I personally have enjoyed being apart of the team. The other employees and management are very kind and helpful. We start each morning with a joke and we are motivated all day by kind words and/or incentives. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the odd difficult potential customer or not meeting – more... meeting my lead quota per week. It can be frustrating, however the management team has been very supportive.
If you are looking for work that is reliable and you want to work in a positive work environment then Landmark is the right place for you! – less
Landmark Homes Solutions
Booking Agent (Current Employee), St.Catharines, onApril 4, 2014
Regarding Landmark Homes opportunity for your future . This is my review of a wonderful place to work and getting to know yourself , your goals , and really working with others. As all of us know we have to do all things in life that get us ahead. For myself , i wanted a new ladder to climb and find out more about me . So last October 2013 i started – more... one . Landmark Homes gave me the ladder to reach my inner self . To really know what i am made of , and to be proud. The employees are very open and welcoming like family . They will help you out without asking, which is not very often in most workplaces your in employed in . The hardest part of the job is climbing the stairs to go in ( not really ) i don't find anything hard except ,I'm hard on me , just like 92% of the world. Landmark has a mark on me and i am going to keep climbing the ladder no matter how many rungs . So if anyone is thinking of a change in their life and wants to really know what they are made of , then come work for Landmark Homes Solutions ... P.S . I love our website name ... Landmark (our stamp of Canada) Quality (our windows ) and the quality of our life is our to have ... cool hey ... just thought i would share that bit with you. – less
I love working for landmark it's a great place to work everyone is so nice and management is very encouraging
Call centre agent (Current Employee), St. Catharines ont.April 1, 2014
Pros: great monthly bonuses great management
Cons: keeping up with you leads rude people
When we start the day we are given jokes or encouraging words everything that is expected of us is stated,if you make a mistake management helps you correct it instead if making a big deal of it, games are played to get next day leads that include cash and paid time off .we give away cash prizes all the time and try to give back to the communities that – more... helped us get where we are today ,the people at landmark are very kind and everyone gets along great.the hardest part of the job is some people on the phones are not as nice as others and you need to just let it roll off your back and don't take it personally the the best part of the job is some people you talk to are very nice and you can really enjoy the conversations you have with them,plus of course you get really great bonuses every month I have gotten one every month and it really makes a difference, I recommend working for landmark for sure. – less
WORST LEADS EVER
Sales (Former Employee), ThoraldMarch 14, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: everything about this job
Do not even think of working for this company if you are a professional sales person. The qualified leads they promise you are people who think that they need to sit through your presentation to qualify for a 10000 dollar renovation much like a vacuum cleaner sales job. Very long hours and a lot of mileage which is unpaid.
When you can't talk someone – more... into new windows for their 3 years house they try to make you feel guilty and tell you you can't sell.
Any good reviews are from head office trying to make this look like a good place to work IT IS NOT. – less
To summarise Landmark has given me the opprtunity to be all I can be and to do what I love to do. Best place I ever worked
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pembroke, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: you get out of it what you put in to it.
Cons: sometimes customers dont show up for appointments.
Landmark is a great place to work. I am on the road meeting potential customers and helping them decide on improvements to their home. I have learned a great deal on how their system works and their product knowledge. I enjoy the freedoms and the responsibilities this job offers. The management is very supportive any questions and concerns are quickly – more... dealt with and addressed. The co workers are also supportive and very friendly. The hardest part of my job would be driving in bad weather conditions and having to accept that the customer is unable to take advantage of what we have to offer them. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the customers bringing a smile to their face when they are happy with the decision I helped them with. I would recommend this company to anyone who is enthusiastic and drivin for this opportunity. – less
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, excellent atmosphere and easily accessible
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work. It's a family owned company where they treat each and every employee like part of the family. The staff is friendly and fun to work with. Management and supervisors listen to you, know you as a person not as an employee number and treat you with respect. There are advancement opportunities for people – more... that want to work and not just earn a pay cheque. I finally found a job that I enjoy going to each and every day. – less
Fantastic place to work!
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Thorold, ONJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities, treated like family
I have worked for Landmark since 2011 and have gained so much experience through the positions I have taken in the company. I have been given the opportunity to climb the ladder and have received advancement opportunities in the company. When I started here in 2011, I was originally hired as a call centre agent in the marketing department. I had a conversation – more... with my manager over how I would love to be considered for other positions in the company should the opportunity arise and just 9 months into my employment I was offered the chance to take on another position. Since then I have taken on more responsibility and have learned so much about the company.
You are treated like family at Landmark. Management knows each and every person on an individual level which you don't often find nowadays.
Overall, Landmark is a great place to be, and I enjoy my time at work everyday! – less
Landmark is a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ThoroldJanuary 23, 2014
Landmark is a great place to work! There is free parking and it is easily accessible by bus. There is completive pay with monthly bonuses, a flexible schedule as well as Benefits!
Your co-workers are friendly, with upbeat supervisors and management. Your day typically starts out with a team huddle and a daily joke.
When booking appointments the program – more... that is used is simple and easy to follow, with very basic computer skills you would have no problems. The equipment that you use is not out dated, and the center is kept quite clean.
There is a separate lunch room with a fridge, kettle and microwaves, along with vending machines.
The script is simple, and does change, however it is kept in front of you at all times.
Landmark is a great place to work, with room for advancement. You get what you put in – less
Family
Booker (Current Employee), Thorold, ONJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: feels like a family
I have been employed with Landmark Home Solutions for 3 years now. I have to say this has been one the greatest experiences job wise that I have had. Each day is something new, new goals, new tasks.
The Managers treat all of the employees with respect, They always begin each shift with stories or jokes to start your day off right.
This is a family owned – more... and operated business, and when you are an employee of Landmarks you also become a member of the family.
As for my co-workers, I have had the pleasure of meeting some really great people that I now call my friends.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the public, but to get respect you have to give it first.
Most enjoyable part of this job for me would have to be all of the people I work with and work for. Knowing we all have the same common goal in mind each day. "to get that for tomorrow" – less
Great place to work!
Telemarketer (Current Employee), Thorold, ONJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good hours, great management, opportunity to make commission as well as hourly pay.
Overall a great company to work for and by far the best
company I've worked for. I like the fact that we are calling "from" and not "on behalf of" Landmark Home Solutions. We are an important part of a company that makes top quality windows. It is a family owned business and and I feel like part of the family.

Management is great and we are treated – more... fairly and with respect.
I hope I can be a part of this company for many more years. – less
Nice place for students and part time jobs
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 27, 2013
Pros: great schedule
Great place great people, if you go to Brock then this is the place for you. the schedule is amazing and leaves you time to study
RUN AWAY!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee), St.CatherinesSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: it didn't kill me
Cons: i still wished i was dead
Travel expenses not paid
Terrible leads generated by high-pressure telemarketing
When you make a sale expect serious pencilling on Landmark's end to pay you as little as possible.
boring and repetitive with little satisfaction.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 18, 2013
Pros: learned to fine tune my people skills
Cons: bordom
Calling several people each day and trying to engage them in the product. I learned that I did not want to do the job very long. There wasnt much time with coworkers and I excel when there is a social element to the job. The hardest part of the job was the repetative nature and bordom. The most enjoyable part was the pay cheque.
A Complete Scam From Start To Finish
Sales Representative (Former Employee), All over OntarioJune 7, 2013
Pros: not a thing
Cons: you end up filled with a white hot rage that jobs like these are legal.
Worked as a sales rep for about five months and didn't make a dime. Your job consists of trying to sell people incredibly expensive windows and is a "one-sit close" type of deal meaning that if you don't get them to sign a cheque for tens of thousands of dollars on the spot you don't get paid. Since all these leads are generated by relentless telemarketing – more... it is common to show up to a house and have nobody be there or to have them slam the door in your face because they think agreeing to an appointment will stop the calls (it doesn't) I'd frequently encounter both of these happy customers after driving three hours at my own expense since Landmark doesn't pay a cent for mileage. That's another thing the appointments are whatever they can get so I'd often have to leave the house at 8am and not make it back until 10pm and all for FREE if nobody was home or couldn't get financed.

I did manage to make plenty of sales but since there is no qualifying of the customers beyond them agreeing to be home almost none of the sales went through because of poor credit or the customer would cancel after talking to friends or neighbours and realizing that Landmark's windows are about twice the cost of windows anywhere else.

The absolute greatest kick in the bag is that all of those customers that I couldn't sell on windows would be visited by a "Quality Assurance" member and be pitched the exact same windows at a cut rate deal and I wouldn't get a dollar for it. How nice is that? I'd call back to my manager to see about maybe getting a deal and be told he couldn't do anything and then once I'm out the door they send somebody else right in behind me.

If you can luck out and be given leads that actually have credit you can make quite a lot of money and there are people out there that are making a very good living doing this. Unfortunately the majority of people I visited were those on fixed income or unemployed (you know the kind of people that are home during the day and bored enough to speak to a telemarketer) and not candidates for $50k in bank financing. – less
Great Place to Work
Recruitment and Training (HR) Manager (Current Employee), St. CatharinesMay 27, 2013
Pros: the respect
Landmark Home Solutions, has a very unique culture. The company as a whole thrives on positivity and motivation. The ownership and management are very "down to earth." We give and expect respect, and have a fantastic quality product which underlines all that we do. I highly recommend it as a place to work.
productive and fun place to work
Teleservice Representative (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 27, 2013
Pros: great hours
it was a great place to work with great people and good pay. You get what you put into this job.
This company should zero stars out of 5
Sales Representative (Former Employee), ONFebruary 27, 2013
Pros: most of the people i worked with were pleasant, i think you can make good money assuming you get paid
Cons: long hours, all expenses paid on your dime (do you enjoy 1600 kms a week in your car), inconsistency with pay (or no pay at all!)
I worked for Landmark as a sales rep for approximately six months. This company is either very disorganized, or very dishonest, or possibly some combination of the two. I have never seen such inconsistency with policies, one week a new initiative might be implemented, another week it's not there.
Staff turnover at the main office was brutal. Colleagues – more... who were praised for their work would be suddenly gone a week or two later, without any explanation.

The job itself consisted of driving all over hell's half acre; for a meeting with a client that might not even be there. Although I did enjoy the in-home selling. Lastly, I will say that I'm currently in a legal battle to get Landmark to pay several thousands of dollars in commissions owed to me (and I'm not the first one to do that).

I strongly recommend against working for this company. – less
Great gig
Telesales Rep (Former Employee), St. CatharinesOctober 30, 2012
Pros: easy job, good money
Cons: it's telemarketing.
I really enjoyed my time with Landmark, for most of 2012.

Like anywhere else I was expected to produce but the job was easy, the managers very laid back and easy going, and the over all experience was positive.

I only left to go to school in another city. When I return, I'll reapply.

Great place, good money, great experience.
Good Co Workers.
marketing (Former Employee), st catharinesOctober 26, 2012
Pros: there was a few people who organized events for the employees.
Where do I start with Landmark Home Solutions. First the positive. The co workers for the most part were great people. Lots of laughs and and decent conversations. The female manager was amazing. She kept things lively and interesting.

Location is alright though not the best and not good in the winter. There is no bus going there.

Now the bad,

The – more... script changes ALL THE TIME. Rules change ALL THE TIME. You are told you get so much time for training and then the time is cut down without warning. People back stab. The other manager was unprofessional and had major mood swings. We called the same people everyday sometimes twice a day no matter if they were dispositioned as Hot Home or Not Interested. They hire Drug Addicts. One person was open to his drug habits. And they only pay minimum wage. You do not get the mandatory 10 sick days a year. Lastly, you have no control on the actual calls the sales reps are sent out on, but it they turn out to be bad calls, you are told it is your fault. – less
No job security
Marketing (Former Employee), Niagara-on-the-Lake, ONJuly 16, 2012
I found that they had said no high pressure sales but put pressure on us to get leads by adding up your leads weekly and if you didnt come up to there certain mark on lead percentage they would give you two warnings and then you get let go for lack of production. Found also that we would call the same poeple sometimes twice a day.