Landmark Home Solutions Employee Reviews

Good Environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJune 19, 2016
I really enjoy working at Landmark. It's really a place where it is what you make it - if you go in dreading your shift and act really negative about it then it really won't be a good place for you to work but if you're really open minded, positive and can keep your cool then it is really a nice place to work. It's laid back, easy, encouraging, entertaining (for sure) and you can make money by challenging yourself!
Pros
complimentary food, hours, commision AND hourly wage, people, entertainment
Cons
some rude people on the phone
Management ranges from "don't care" to screaming fits!!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONNovember 7, 2015
Personally, I was never yelled at but, it was extremely uncomfortable to have coworkers sitting next to you while the manager yelled at them-in front of call centre staff. Unprofessional and erratic. The owner has no idea what goes on or does not care what goes on in the call centre area.
Some staff have been there a long time and so get away with not calling out.
The worst part is that the company has used the same call out list for over 11 years and so you may speak to a person that has already received a call that day. They yell at you and threaten you. Really, how many times can a person decline Landmark windows, gutter system or finished basement systems, without getting upset?
Best decision I made was to leave!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great Place To Work
spraypainter (Current Employee) –  st catharinesAugust 29, 2015
Love working here, management and co workers are incredible, its like a family in there, lots of respect and everyone is treated equal and no pressure
Pros
no stress
Lies.
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJuly 21, 2015
So I was hired "full-time" and get invited to my first shift that started at 5pm when I was told full time shifts are usually started around 9 or 10am. I was then informed by other coworkers that I am part time. Wasn't that great to be told by people you work with rather than work for? What's worse is that Landmark has posted two of the same positions for full time hours since I got hired. They messed up already on my second paycheque and they were not willing to cut a cheque, DO NOT WORK FOR LANDMARK. Their employees are great to be around but I could most definitely not say the same for management.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Mundane and repetitive scripting that has no efficiency, they market to the same people who are not interested, being counter productive and ruining brand reputation, Poor and rushed training: one 4 hour shift of shadowing
Great company to work for and grow with!
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Thorold, ONJuly 10, 2015
I have worked for Landmark for just over a year. In my own personal experiences, I have found both coworkers and management to be a pleasure to work with. The job itself can be a bit daunting at times, however, the work environment is quite positive and fun. It is a call center with banker's hours, virtually...you can't really beat that! All in all, a great experience thus far.
Pros
work hours
Cons
unpleasant calls, at times
horrible place to work
can operator (Former Employee) –  loadingMarch 4, 2015
Please everyone avoid this place, working for landmark has to be one if the worst decisions I have ever made, the people here are rude and management shows favouritism to certain employees, and if your not one your crapped on. If your looking for respect and a friendly work environment look somewhere else!
Pros
a paycheck (when they actually pay you)
Cons
people, management, payroll
Worst place I have ever worked!!
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  St.Catharines/ThoroldDecember 16, 2014
Management are disrespectful and treat Call Centre Reps like they are uneducated and children. Landmark needs to realize that marketing to the same database over and over and over again, is not effective. It is neverproductive to ridicule or yell in front of others.
If I could have given a lower rating I would have.
Pros
i no longer work there!!
Cons
i used to work there...
Worst place I have ever worked
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ONNovember 26, 2014
This place has the most amount of traveling, least amount of support, and the worst pay plan I have encountered. EVERYTHING is your fault and you must actually pay for the issues.
Pros
nothing
Cons
all cons
DONT INSTALL FOR THEM
Installer (Former Employee) –  KingstonOctober 30, 2014
Windows dont fit they tell you to install them anyways!, They OVERCHARGE for junk, ripping clients off, they try and back charge for any reason like them losing a door knob.
There pay scale is a JOKE!
Cons
everything
Avoid this company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Thorold ONOctober 3, 2014
Landmark windows is a second rate employer. They push employees very hard to mislead people into setting up people for an in home appointment. Their windows are very expensive and sales tactics they tell employees to use are very forceful and misleading. The manager is very miserable and frequently yells at employees and chatises employees who do not set up enough appointments. The pay is very low at $11 a hour and there is virtually no commission. Personally i would not recommend working for them.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
low pay nagging managers, bad overpriced windows
Not everyone works...
Call Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  ThoroldOctober 2, 2014
I have been here a short time in the call centre. It irritates me no end that only some of the workers take phone calls. Other staff sign off and talk and do no work. There is definite favouritism!

One manager works hard and the other is a social butterfly.

Upper management is rude and disrespectful. Do they even know what the call reps are doing? Or rather not doing...
amazing place to work
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONJuly 13, 2014
one of the best jobs I've ever had

wouldn't regret working here
Used as much as possible, then FIRED!
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines and NOTLApril 30, 2014
I was there 8months(surprised I lasted that long). Management lies to you. Location in NOTL was not healthy with call centre and production together when you walk through there. Doctor told me it was making me ill. Noticed they moved now. Lol. I made bonus always and even being ill and missing some work due to no fault of my own. Had some doctor notes but didn't have one and when asked if it was ok, told it was and I was fine. End of that day...JW fired me(parting ways). Lol. I said fighting it and I did and received my EI. The leads you call are awful. Horrible place.
Pros
maybe the money you make sometimes
Cons
management, favouritism, drugs, leads, bonus scams.
Enjoyable Coworkers
Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  ThoroldApril 13, 2014
I've worked at a few call centers and this is the best. The job itself can be repetitive but company is very family oriented and understanding of peoples lives outside of work. I really enjoy all the people I work with. I also find that its nice to actually be calling from the company I work for rather then being contracted out by some huge company calling god knows where. When I give them the 1-800 number I can tell them they'll be calling one of the 8 people in the room next to me rather then some huge call center where there is no communication between departments.
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work.
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Thorold, OntarioApril 6, 2014
I have been employed by Landmark for 6 months and I personally have enjoyed being apart of the team. The other employees and management are very kind and helpful. We start each morning with a joke and we are motivated all day by kind words and/or incentives. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the odd difficult potential customer or not meeting meeting my lead quota per week. It can be frustrating, however the management team has been very supportive.
If you are looking for work that is reliable and you want to work in a positive work environment then Landmark is the right place for you!
Pros
great hours
Landmark Homes Solutions
Booking Agent (Current Employee) –  St.Catharines, onApril 4, 2014
Regarding Landmark Homes opportunity for your future . This is my review of a wonderful place to work and getting to know yourself , your goals , and really working with others. As all of us know we have to do all things in life that get us ahead. For myself , i wanted a new ladder to climb and find out more about me . So last October 2013 i started one . Landmark Homes gave me the ladder to reach my inner self . To really know what i am made of , and to be proud. The employees are very open and welcoming like family . They will help you out without asking, which is not very often in most workplaces your in employed in . The hardest part of the job is climbing the stairs to go in ( not really ) i don't find anything hard except ,I'm hard on me , just like 92% of the world. Landmark has a mark on me and i am going to keep climbing the ladder no matter how many rungs . So if anyone is thinking of a change in their life and wants to really know what they are made of , then come work for Landmark Homes Solutions ... P.S . I love our website name ... Landmark (our stamp of Canada) Quality (our windows ) and the quality of our life is our to have ... cool hey ... just thought i would share that bit with you.
I love working for landmark it's a great place to work everyone is so nice and management is very encouraging
Call centre agent (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines ont.April 1, 2014
When we start the day we are given jokes or encouraging words everything that is expected of us is stated,if you make a mistake management helps you correct it instead if making a big deal of it, games are played to get next day leads that include cash and paid time off .we give away cash prizes all the time and try to give back to the communities that helped us get where we are today ,the people at landmark are very kind and everyone gets along great.the hardest part of the job is some people on the phones are not as nice as others and you need to just let it roll off your back and don't take it personally the the best part of the job is some people you talk to are very nice and you can really enjoy the conversations you have with them,plus of course you get really great bonuses every month I have gotten one every month and it really makes a difference, I recommend working for landmark for sure.
Pros
great monthly bonuses great management
Cons
keeping up with you leads rude people
WORST LEADS EVER
Sales (Former Employee) –  ThoraldMarch 14, 2014
Do not even think of working for this company if you are a professional sales person. The qualified leads they promise you are people who think that they need to sit through your presentation to qualify for a 10000 dollar renovation much like a vacuum cleaner sales job. Very long hours and a lot of mileage which is unpaid.
When you can't talk someone into new windows for their 3 years house they try to make you feel guilty and tell you you can't sell.
Any good reviews are from head office trying to make this look like a good place to work IT IS NOT.
Pros
non
Cons
everything about this job
To summarise Landmark has given me the opprtunity to be all I can be and to do what I love to do. Best place I ever worked
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ONJanuary 30, 2014
Landmark is a great place to work. I am on the road meeting potential customers and helping them decide on improvements to their home. I have learned a great deal on how their system works and their product knowledge. I enjoy the freedoms and the responsibilities this job offers. The management is very supportive any questions and concerns are quickly dealt with and addressed. The co workers are also supportive and very friendly. The hardest part of my job would be driving in bad weather conditions and having to accept that the customer is unable to take advantage of what we have to offer them. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting the customers bringing a smile to their face when they are happy with the decision I helped them with. I would recommend this company to anyone who is enthusiastic and drivin for this opportunity.
Pros
you get out of it what you put in to it.
Cons
sometimes customers dont show up for appointments.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 28, 2014
Landmark Home Solutions is a great place to work. It's a family owned company where they treat each and every employee like part of the family. The staff is friendly and fun to work with. Management and supervisors listen to you, know you as a person not as an employee number and treat you with respect. There are advancement opportunities for people that want to work and not just earn a pay cheque. I finally found a job that I enjoy going to each and every day.
Pros
flexible hours, excellent atmosphere and easily accessible

2.9