Landmark Group

Landmark Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fast working enverment
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 1, 2014
Pros: worked alone for part of the day
Cons: travel time to and from work recently got a little far
On a daily routine I would start my day off by getting the truck driver's hooked up to there loads and out of the yard. Then I would pull out any complete trailers. I would make sure the interior walls were ready to go on the trailers, I would also do a little bit of cleaning up the yard and helping anyone who needed help.
Excellent Empolyer
INSURANCE BROKER (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no benefts
Great work Culture!

Small office with excellent manger and staff.
every day is the same
Counter checker (Former Employee), philippinesMay 26, 2014
its a good start,for those first time worker,salary is good for a single person ,for 6 months your doing the same thing, theirs no growth.
Excellent place to work with a great oppurtunity given to one and all for individual growth, a fun & enjoyable place to work
Shop Manager & Territory Trainer (Current Employee), Alrai, KuwaitDecember 10, 2013
Pros: free company transport, overtime, incentive schemes, medical reimbursement, 2 months leave salary with airfare through & fro, car loans, family visa expenses, end of service indemnity etc
Cons: long working hours etc
Its fun to work in landmark group where each day is a learning experience, one is empowered to take decisions & responsibilities, leading to accelerated growth.

Lots of challenges are thrown at you,proper coaching & mentoring is done to acheive the challenges.

Timelines are given for new store openings, reuting in better time management.

We are a multilingual company with co workers from 15 countries working with us.It feels great with all working in harmony & learninig from each other.
Their ad says overtime paid however it's a lie
Field carpenter (Former Employee), EdmontonNovember 27, 2013
Pros: warm place to work if you work in the pre fab shop
Cons: they lie about the paid overtime, it's banked straight time, field workers are pushy jerks, upper management is strange and new age, out of touch with real workers
These guys have great advertisements saying they pay overtime, great career etc. and they will keep saying that even through the orientation. Once you get into the field however the workers will explain to you that was how that was a year ago, and now they bank all your overtime, and when your foreman decides to have a holiday you are forced to take it when he decides. Then they try to force you to do overtime for straight time and work 12-15 hour days. The foreman I had wanted me to sheath a whole roof of a house including all of the gables, hips and valleys in less that two hours. When I asked for directions to the site he got aggravated and made sure he drove really fast so I couldn't keep up. He also complained when I was neatly wrapping up cords and hoses and said I was wasting time, just throw it all in the van. When I got to the wrong but duplicate address he called me and yelled at me so I just drove home. They called and had me come in to listen to their strange new age upper management people who begged me to work in the shop prefabricating floors. I agreed to give it another shot, even though it was a little different than the type of framing I'm used to doing. 2 hours into it my new work partner was being a jerk so I once again went home for good and never looked back. They use metric in the shop and imperial in the field so everything's always screwed up. I would not work for these guys ever again nor would I recommend this job for any experienced worker they will just treat you like an idiot. If you are a beginner this is probably a good start for you.
would not recommend
Construction Site Manager (Current Employee), Edmonton, AbJuly 19, 2013
The work load is over whelming most of the time with little to no help from the office.
Team members with in my department are great to work with.
Too many people looking after themselves and not the customers or there employees
good company events
former employee (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 25, 2013
Cons: no job security
people are sitting there for years and do not want to advance in their career or make any changes and do not like anybody who try to do so, it is like a swamp.
manageble,product knowledge
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), abu dhabiJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: incetive high
Cons: split shift, overtime offset
learn in merchandising,customer service,
checking deliveries.
goog
yes (Former Employee), chennaiJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: no
Cons: yes
good company not enough salary
am learned how to faced to customer
and other business etics
to much fun while merchandising
Muscat/Oman, as Instore Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee), omanJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: free hotels
Cons: meeting
very good
happy to work with management and co-workers
working time is good having 2days off
gitng the salry and other benefits on time
Enthusiastic, energetic and hardworking
Assistant Manager- Supply Chain & Logistics (Former Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 15, 2015
Successful and consistent track record
Extensive cross-functional expertise
Quick learner
Yes it was a fun+work environment
Customer Service Executive (Former Employee), India, Hyd International AirportDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free transportation
Cons: maximum 9 hour shift
Land Mark is great company, it was a very good work experience,i gain my experience & talent in Land Mark, I had to leave the job only because of Companies contract had over with (GMR) Hyderabad International Airport Authority, Otherwise Land Mark is a very good company, Landmark, part of Tata Trent is a leading retailer of books and music in India with highest number of outlets.
A retail juggernaut
Category Manager (Current Employee), DubaiDecember 27, 2014
Pros: casual atmosphere. young and vibrant team. stability.
Cons: very traditional from business & operation perspective. circumspect about new ideas
Landmarkshops.com is the ecommerce and omni-channel initiative of the Landmark Group, the biggest retail conglomerate in the MENA region.

Working at landmarkshops is like being a being change agent since you are doing something radically different and new, within a well established and tried & tested business. Its challenges daunting, yet prospects of success limitless.

A typical day's work involves strategic decision making and pushing for quicker turn around times, given the dynamic nature of online retail. Hard bargaining with vendors and internal brands, selling the idea of online retail on a daily basis, making people believe in the investments they are making. Navigating tech issues and fire-fighting ( as with all start-ups) is also a part and parcel.

The management, being from a traditional brick & mortar generation, is a little traditional, if not resistant to change. Due to this the lead time from a solid idea to an immaculate execution is longer; and therein lies the main challenge.

Co-workers are young and dynamic, with everyone rising up to a task when pushed to the brink.

Hardest part of the job would be the immense pressure to perform and the expectation to become an instantly profitable business. Plus to make this happen, the space to take bold decisions and calculated gambles is very limited at times.

The most enjoyable part would be the feeling that you are a part of a massive change. The fact that everyday you are reaching a new milestone and changing the face of retail in this part of the world in some small or big way.
fun work place
sawmiller (Former Employee), Carrbridge, SCTDecember 26, 2014
Pros: free tea coffee fizzy juce cake soup bread. the bounse and holliday pay.
Cons: there isnt any
operating the steam enjines and genral maintance on the enjine.
milling the logs into the required sizes for posts rails boars walk and panels.
Productive Work Place
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 26, 2014
Hi ,

Landmark is the largest retailing company in Middle East with brands like Landmark Shops LLC (Ecommerce), Lifestyle, Home Centre, Splash, Baby Shop, Shoe Mart, New Look etc. It currently operates over 1200 stores across the region with a retail presence in China as well. In addition to its retail sector, the Group has also diversified into leisure, food, hotels & electronics & has created a comprehensive infrastructure including its own logistics and distribution division, to support its retail operations & other business. The group achieves turnover in excess of US $ 4.5bn.

Its an opportunity to discuss the day to day exploit at landmark group. As per my goal set i have started my professional career in Finance. This position demands lot of knowledge, skills and abilities which i worth of. I was appreciated by the management in recognition of designing abilities for a premium program “Finance Skills for Non finance".
I learned from my superior with a spectacular ideas which gives me always to develop myself as well as future career.

I am always ready to deliver the best result for the management which have schedule by director of the finance and business head.

The hardest part of the job when i will be ready to give to the management for multy report pack & competition of the project with day to day activities.

But i am really enjoyed when i am complete the each and every task on time for the management. Also enjoying with team build work
Fun place to work with
Assistant Manager/Department In charge (Former Employee), Riyadh, S01December 25, 2014
Pros: food money
Cons: long hours
Freshers can start a career with.
Prior experience not required if willing to work with nominal pay.
 Good analytical and communication skills, ability to sustain hard work, punctuality and determination.
supervisor (Former Employee), Dubai / sharjah / ajmanDecember 23, 2014
Pros: 2 year free air ticket / over time
Cons: 9 hours
• Responsible for all aspects of store operations.
• Meeting sales targets for the shop and brands.
• Networking with prospective customers for incremental business.
• Creating & maintaining customer’s relationships, high standards in customer service & effectively handling customer complaints.
• Ensuring high standards of visual merchandising, store presentation and upkeep.
• Managing stocks in the location and minimizing loss of inventory.
• Maintaining awareness of market trends, monitoring local competitors and customer patterns.
• Managing and motivating the sales team to ensure increased sales & efficiency.
• Communicating and upholding all company policies, rules and procedures.
• Ensuring proper cash management at the store.
• Preparing daily & monthly sales reports.
• Coordinating with Customer care Centre for after sales service.
good management
Line cook/ Dishwarsher (Former Employee), Wayne, PADecember 11, 2014
It requiers strenth patiens and team work its gonna be longs days jobs that take some days or weeks but it pays good but alot of lifting
landmark group
IT Support Executive (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 7, 2014
Lot of days i enjoyed here . Co- Workers very supportive and helpful.
good
Exec Chef (Former Employee), Corona del Mar, CADecember 5, 2014
great place to work with lots of freedom. helped me learn much about the restaurant business. Owner were not around enough to make it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Landmark Group

Landmark Group is a retail chain multinational conglomerate based in Mumbai, India and Dubai, UAE headed by Micky Jagtiani,who – Read more