Landmark Cinemas Canada Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work and visit
Consesionist cashier ticket sales (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC21 November 2017
greaqt people to learn the art of patience and kindness towards others high pressure sales on the tuesdays and weekend shifts good for a first job and a long carreer lots of people skills were learned here
i learned how to clean very well from this job seeing how you have to keep up the health code of the work space and hiegenei learned how to multitask with switching over from the sales of popcorn to cashier gave me a great company over all if i could change time i would do it all over again but maybe stay with the company
Pros
excellent at heklping with anexiety disorders
Cons
my hours went down
High stress work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC18 November 2017
Did not enjoy my time at Landmark. Very high stress and as a supervisor you are expected to do managements job with a very small pay increase. The management had clear favorites and would exercise these on the job, giving unwanted tasks to their "least favorites". Very "clique-y" environment which management does nothing about.
Pros
free movies
Cons
Long/late hours, clear favoritism, unequal work delegation
A good place to start out.
Concession Worker (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC9 October 2017
Though it at times it can be fast paced the team environment certainly makes up for that. There are fair advancement opportunities there with experience as well. It's a good place for entry level workers or students looking for their first job as it's a good place to learn the essentials and has mostly evening hours. Not to mention the perks like free posters or discounted concession and admission.
Pros
Nice people, good perks
Cons
Late hours, sudden rushes
Worst Management team
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON6 May 2017
You will feel discriminated and treated unfairly. They fire the staff when everyone gets to comfortable. They must maintain a hostile work environment. Lots of drama and every man for themselves. God forbid you have any friends
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Horrible Management
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON26 March 2017
Landmark is a fun place to work, with excellent management and stafff. Always enjoyed going to work at Landmark Cinemas! Landmark has such a welcoming environment its is contagious.
People are great/ hours our great
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 November 2016
People are awesome and so is management but there is not a lot of opportunities for raises and such. They don't seem to appreciate long term employees with benefits or extra money.
Pros
People
Cons
No raises or appreciation
Management is unfair
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Weyburn, SK27 September 2016
Would not let me go home after I had been throwing up sick she wrote me up for not doing my duties when I physically could not complete them
Pros
Fun co workers
Cons
Not enough hours
Its a good place
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON25 September 2016
I worked their for a year and it wasn't a bad place to work. The management is good and bad at times but no place is perfect. The hours are flexible and it's not that hard work to do if you are trying to balancr multiple responsibilities.
Pros
Ontario attractions
Cons
To make money you got to work for it
Good first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 September 2016
It was a good first job to have while I was still in high school as their hours are very flexible. The management was very organised and often had parties for the staff.
Great working environment with awesome benefits and like-minded coworkers!
Main Cast (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 August 2016
Working at Landmark Cinemas was a really wonderful experience. I had always liked movies a lot but really fell in love during my time there. So much so I decided to pursue filmmaking as a career and now go to university for it. I learned a lot of valuable skills while working there including:
- how to work as part of a team to accomplish a collective goal
- how to use a cash register and complete food and ticket orders
- how to communicate and interact with customers and the general public
- how to complete tasks in a time-efficient manor
- how to be confident in myself and my abilities
Great coworkers, even greater job benefits.
Usher, Concession, Box Office and Ticket stubs (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 October 2015
You don't work one position at Landmark, you work all of them!
Plus, you get free movies and discounts on food.

Oops, did I say that out loud?
Pros
Free movies, Discounted food, Great environment for movie lovers
Cons
Nowhere to sit aside from break room - buy good shoes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Landmark Cinemas Canada. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7